Erza vs Saber (Fate/Zero)

• 72 results
whoisme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This Erza from before the seven year time skip.

-Fight takes place on a beach. Both are in character

Round 1

Neither wants to kill the other.

Round 2

Morals off. Both blood lusted.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f81f7f31bf06
deactivated-5f81f7f31bf06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Based on what i've heard of Saber, she could take even current Erza with ease.

SMXLR8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@whoisme: this is a very bad fight saber could solo the whole fairy tale guild by her self

Avatar image for deactivated-5cfefdb3f097d
deactivated-5cfefdb3f097d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smxlr8 said:

@whoisme: this is a very bad fight saber could solo the whole fairy tale guild by her self

LOLno, she can't. Saber's best feat afaik is only city level. Most FT guild mages are already above that by now. One of their aces can solo her.

As for the thread, leaning on Erza for versatility and skill.

doctor98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah sorry Ezra would win.

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im backing saber

mechwalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I would have to give this to Saber.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

@smxlr8 said:

LOLno, she can't. Saber's best feat afaik is only city level. Most FT guild mages are already above that by now. One of their aces can solo her.

Saber's destructive power is only city level, but what's often overlooked about the attack is two things.

The blast of Excalibur and the light which the sword glows...are one in the same. The light is literally the blast. This means the attack, attacks at the speed of light. What's more, she can explicit control what the blast hits and what doesn't. She's done this multiple times to avoid massive damage/outright destruction to Fuyuki city. Finally, she can fire the blast 'down' into the ground, instead of normally from an overhead slash and Excalibur fires in all directions when she does this.

In effect, the blast is basically undodgable to anyone matched against her that isn't so blindly fast (mftl) that the fight would be a mismatch.

And if that wasn't enough Excaliber attacks on an atomic level. This trait has also been a center point of various Fate/series as they have needed this ability to destroy many beings, such as Caster in Fate/zero or the Holy grail itself in Fate/stay night.

So saying Saber is "only" city level is a gross over simplification. I also would highly doubt there are many people, if any in Fairy Tail who are more skilled than her in sword combat, so there's that.

SMXLR8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cypher0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Normally I would have said that Saber isn't even close to light speed. But going back through the original novels, it's actually there. Excalibur has been described as such. Lancer vs. Saber's fight in the Fate/Zero novel was also described as something close to light speed as well.

"The holy sword intertwined with the demonic lance, in direct opposition; the sparks flying were simply dazzling. The clash between the precious artifacts of legend, driven by strength and speed far beyond that of a human, passed the speed of sound, nearing the speed of light. Observation had long since lost meaning in this momentous battle. Those divine skills, pushed to the limits at the point of this fierce battle, were having a supreme contest between the two.

An unknown number of rounds had been fought; perhaps tens of rounds, perhaps hundreds of rounds. It was simply impossible to determine with a mortal eye. After the lance and sword of the two clashed, they finally separated, and moved away from each other."

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Fate/Zero:Act_11_Part_3

So it's definitely from original author intent that happened both in /Stay Night and Zero. We know other Servants are light speed or beyond that in Extra CCC, and that's just another dimension compared to the main timelines so far. Getting from the Horsehead Nebula back to the Moon in an instant is a possibility for them after all.

XioKenji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My money's on miss Pendragon
My money's on miss Pendragon

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#12  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@lou_cypher: I wasn't arguing Saber herself is light speed. Just the attack of Excalibur is. I personally find servants in the massively hypersonic range

poeticwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By poeticwarrior

@smxlr8 said:

Just want to clarify that she can. Saber is basically immune to magic, you know that, right? It's a stomp when you put a character who is immune to magic against a bunch of mages.

ragaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thehunter said:
@smxlr8 said:

Just want to clarify that she can. Saber is basically immune to magic, you know that, right? It's a stomp when you put a character who is immune to magic against a bunch of mages.

except a whole load of magic worked on her.

SMXLR8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GIliad_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Saber

Avatar image for titaniathegreat
TitaniaTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TitaniaTheGreat

Lol. Saber is not immune to the MAGIC in FT. The magic in Ft and fate/slay is entirely different, in every aspect. They may be same word but they're completely diff. in content. Magic in FT is like a Jutsu in Naruto. Magic is composed of ethernano, so you need an ethernano to perform Magic in FT, while Jutsu is composed of chakra, so you need chakra to perform Jutsu. And the magic in fate/stay is like a witchcraft. So for short, Saber can't block Erza's attacks. And base on my observation, erza is way more faster than saber. And more skilled in wielding a sword and in hand to hand combat. And if saber is immune to the magic in ft, then goodluck on blocking the all powerful etherion, that can destroy an entire continent. Erza wins in every aspect. (Lol. Saber can't solo the FT guild. You hyped saber so much. Saber isn't that strong. FT is just in diff. league. Ft's in the same league with naruto and bleach.)

bonzo_310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

does saber have avalon because being immune to magic and having avalon is too much, even without it it's too much for erza to handle.

gunchar16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saber with Avalon(if yeah she curbstomps)?

TitaniaTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You guys underrated erza so much. And saber isn't immune to the magic in FT. Magic in FT and magic in Fate/stay night & zero are two diff. things, so it means saber can't block erza's attacks. Based on my observation, saber's excalibur can exert powerful blast to the ground(even in water) in any direction, but it can't slice an entire land mass. And erza just block an island-spliting attack(or even a whole continent if its whole power) from kagura with just a few scratches. Do you guys think that saber can match it with the excalibur or the avalon? I don't think so.

Theorder14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@titaniathegreat: I don't think you actually realize what Avalon does but do attempt explain it to me.

As for Excalibur, it can atomize matters. Does Erza have any feats at all of tanking such an attack?

poeticwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This, bumping it up all they want, Avalon gives her complete immunity due to her existing in a different dimension, she's not blocking but rather the attack passes right through her, while Excaliblast finishes the job, on top of her magic immunity (which I don't know why magic from the two series are different, magic is magic, there's no point in putting the 2 characters from different universes together for a fight if we invent some arbitrary rules). This is a fight Saber can't lose.

Saber can only lose if Erza uses the power of friendship.

TitaniaTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theorder14: yes. Erza has plenty trump cards to tank such attack. And its not that I do not know about the Avalon, or the Excalibur sword, I actually heard those two before. As I have heard, the avalon sword can shatter through bones and tendons, and it is also the hallowed version of the sword(or a spear rather.. I'm not sure.) Excalibur, a powerful gold sword that charges with energy to release destructive blast. It can tank many foes. And let's back to erza, yes, she has plenty of trump cards to deal with, like the purgatory armor, nakagami armor, current unnamed armor(still unnamed, it was just introduced in the cur. chapter, and lots of armors to mention. The purgatory armor's full power is still unknown, but it said that its power is immeasurable, that no one lived to tell about it, but I heard before that its very own armor can unleash powerful, yet devastating supernatural disasters, the Nakagami Armor is one of the tanker armors erza has,(including the purgatory armor) its very own power is so devastating powerful, that no one has been able to wear it these past 10 years only Erza can wear it, and its power is immeasurable, its halberd is capable of slicing through anything, and it can cut through space itself, or even time, when worn, the user also possesses immense speed, and immense offense, and based on its power, it can tank Saber's best swords like excalibur and avalon. Its one of the most powerful armors erza has..

TitaniaTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TitaniaTheGreat

@theorder14: yes. Erza has plenty trump cards to tank such attack. And its not that I do not know about the Avalon, or the Excalibur sword, I actually heard those two before. As I have heard, the avalon sword can shatter through bones and tendons, and it is also the hallowed version of the sword(or a spear rather.. I'm not sure.) And it can be also used to innate time control just like someone named, kiritsuragi something, im not sure. It can also protect the user from any attack in multidimensional level.

Excalibur, a powerful gold sword that charges with energy to release destructive blast. It can tank many foes. And let's back to erza, yes, she has plenty of trump cards to deal with, like the purgatory armor, nakagami armor, current unnamed armor(still unnamed, it was just introduced in the cur. chapter, and lots of armors to mention. The purgatory armor's full power is still unknown, but it said that its power is immeasurable, that no one lived to tell about it, but I heard before that its very own armor can unleash powerful, yet devastating supernatural disasters, the Nakagami Armor is one of the tanker armors erza has,(including the purgatory armor) its very own power is so devastating powerful, that no one has been able to wear it these past 10 years only Erza can wear it, and its power is immeasurable, its halberd is capable of slicing through anything, and it can cut through space itself, or even time, when worn, the user also possesses immense speed, and immense offense, and based on its power, it can tank Saber's best swords like excalibur and avalon. Its one of the most powerful armors erza has.. And basing on its feats that can slice even space or time & its immeasurable power, Erza can slice even an absolute bounded field that is in multidimensional level. The armor's power is just limitless. Its too OP. Erza easily stomps in requipping this flawless armor.

Theorder14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Theorder14

@titaniathegreat said:

@theorder14: yes. Erza has plenty trump cards to tank such attack. And its not that I do not know about the Avalon, or the Excalibur sword, I actually heard those two before. As I have heard, the avalon sword can shatter through bones and tendons, and it is also the hallowed version of the sword(or a spear rather.. I'm not sure.) Excalibur, a powerful gold sword that charges with energy to release destructive blast. It can tank many foes

What the heck are you talking about?

1.Erza have never tanked a beam capable of atomizing matters to my knowledge.

2. You have absolutely no idea what Avalon does, do you? Avalon possess two abilities. Name them clearly for me and how Erza is going to counter it.

@titaniathegreat:And basing on its feats that can slice even space or time & its immeasurable power, Erza can slice even an absolute bounded field that is in multidimensional level. The armor's power is just limitless. Its too OP. Erza easily stomps in requipping this flawless armor.

I see you edited your comment and i call total bullshit on this statement. Erza won't be able to touch her unless you can provide feats of her affecting sixth dimension.

Gilgamesh's EA is capable of ripping space and even that weapon was unable to penetrate Avalon and not a single armor and weapon Erza possess comes even close to EA.

ragaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

erza takes this by being superior in all stats alone. and only a single feat is needed to prove that.
http://vsbattles.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:AidenBrooks999/Irene%27s_Deus_Sema_-_Fairy_Tail#comm-592494

Avatar image for errorofthedamned
ErrorOfTheDamned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ragaz: Gotta trust calcs am I right :>)

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Still Arturia

GXrevs06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By GXrevs06

Erza cannot touch her with Avalon

Avatar image for deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f
deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for natsudragneel41
NatsuDragneel41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Erza has more weapons and armors at her disposale and is a better fighter than Saber because while Saber is just a good swordswoman, Erza is a good swordswoman and a good h2h combatant.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

Pre time skip? Prob Saber

ComicVine2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am guessing Saber takes this, don't know much about her

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saber, and casually at that. Especially so given her ludicrous magic resistance.

ragaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i knew fate wank is real, but this still surprises me

_Logos_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Saber both rounds. Her attacks travel at the speed of light highly doubt Erza could dodge it.

Cypher0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princeleif:

Under the speed of light. They approach it, according to narration, but Servants haven't broken that level yet other than in Extra.

Best you can scale would be from Gilgamesh lightning timing and Lancer's dashes.

Then again, since Mysterious Heroine X Artoria is canon now.... that complicates things.

_Logos_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@Cypher0120: So like 0.9C-0.9999999999999999999999999999999C?

Cypher0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Go with a lower number, how fast is lightning? Because that's the only thing mentioned in great detail when Gilgamesh reacted to something moving fast enough to dodge lightning.

We know top tier Servants are at least around or slightly surpass that number.

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Cypher0120:

since Mysterious Heroine X Artoria is canon now

Wait what? How did this happen?

Cypher0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@just_banter:

She showed up in the final chapter of Grand Order, helping out the other Servants fighting against Goetia's Demon Pillars. She attacked Void Ryougi first, but turned her attention towards Demon Pillar Andromalius eventually.

Come to think of it, Prisma Illya and Kuro also appeared in that fight.

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Cypher0120: Isn't GO set on a different timeline to the mainline series though (Night, Zero, Ataraxia, etc)?

Cypher0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Cypher0120

@just_banter:

True. But they're still related to each other. They clarified it like such:

Think of a tree. Branches form timelines. One branch may have different rules to another branch but they still make more timelines in turn. That's why some Holy Grail Wars have different participants or ended differently. And why every ending even the bad endings are canon in the original novel.

Occasionally, the branches need to be trimmed so the world locks some timelines so they can't be changed while burning away others.

For Grand Order, the main villain wanted to go a step beyond. Since the world locks timelines, he decided he wants to burn it all starting from the root of human history so that new timelines can be made in his image. Forget one timeline, he'll burn all of them.

This explains it a lot better.

http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Quantum_Time-Lock

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Cypher0120: So it's sort of like a COIE for the Nasu-verse? Wouldn't that just mean that what's happening in the GO timeline is happening in a parallel universe, so the Gilgamesh's feats from the GO timeline (just as an example) don't translate over to the Stay Night timeline due to them being two different characters (like Injustice Supes' feats not being translated over to Prime Earth Supes), even if the events from the GO timeline could erase the Stay Night timeline?

Itachus17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I second that.

Cypher0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Cypher0120

@just_banter:

Not quite. They take place in different timelines, but we've been summoning, fighting and interacting with Servants from different timelines enough that there's no noticeable difference between them.

Many of them even recall events from times that hadn't even happened yet. They've already been recorded by the Throne of Heroes and the Heroic Spirits there are still the same. They even have the same parameters on their status pages.

The only time it wouldn't be applicable would be when Servants of the same name are drastically different from each other.

Something like Gilgamesh from Stay Night, Zero, Strange Fake and Grand order are the same being with the similar memories all stemming from one source.

Compare him to Gilgamesh from Fate/Prototype however and that becomes incomparable. Different abilities, different personality, etc.

flashback0180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Erza is near country level , she stomps

nobunaga101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOL Saber stomps.

poeticwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By poeticwarrior

@flashback0180 said:

Quality over quantity. A hammer may be bigger and cause a broad damage but a laser can pierce through many things the hammer can't even if the radius is smaller. Concentrated attack, Excalibur atomizes everything it touches, Avalon gives her complete immunity against any attack since she's in a complete isolated different dimension and Saber is basically immune to any magic.

Erza has no answer to Avalon that gives complete immunity against any attack or her immunity to magic, and her Excaliblast.

GXrevs06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By GXrevs06

@flashback0180 said:

Quality over quantity. A hammer may be bigger and cause a broad damage but a laser can pierce through many things the hammer can't even if the radius is smaller. Concentrated attack, Excalibur atomizes everything it touches, Avalon gives her complete immunity against any attack since she's in a complete isolated different dimension and Saber is basically immune to any magic.

Erza has no answer to Avalon that gives complete immunity against any attack or her immunity to magic, and her Excaliblast.

Saber in Zero doesn't have Avalon.

I doubt Saber's magic resistance would even come into play since Erza doesn't really use spells. Much like characters like Zoro and Kenpachi, Erza is primarily a CQC fighter and tends to rely on her physical abilities and swordplay, only using her armors to augment her offense and defense. The only time I can see Saber's resistance being relevant is if Erza equips one of her elemental armors(lightning/fire/water empress). She also has the nagakami armor, which like Saber's innate magic resistance, can dispell/nullify almost any magic.