CAV: Thanos (Apex_Predator) VS Odin (AsgardianBrony) OPEN FOR VOTES!

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

Cull_Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#152  Edited By Cull_Obsidian

@apex_pretador: Didn't you know that the thanos that fought rot was a clone so is not applicable

I also have a better reality warping feat then the reality gem one

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V this is good.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#155  Edited By blackspidey2099

t4v

Cull_Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By Cull_Obsidian
Cull_Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By Cull_Obsidian

@cull_obsidian: do you have a scan saying he was a clone?

First scan is from the OHOTMU Bio of Thanos

No Caption Provided

And this one is from Infinity Abyss

No Caption Provided

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cull_obsidian: The infinity abyss scan proves nothing except a clone was involved with avengers at one point.

The guide clears it though. Any other time a clone was used? Will edit it soon.

Cull_Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@apex_pretador: Well that's not true , the infinity abyss story specifically mentions three instances of thanosi (there are more) that have happened recent to the story and that have actually appeared in comics

These are kazaar, mighty thor and avengers celestial quest, these were to test potential allies in the fight against walker the death God

First was to test how a human (kazaar)was to do against a cosmic threat

Then it was to study mangog as he feeds on souls similar to walker , also to test Thor as an ally

Then finally in reference to the scan it says about Thor and the avengers , this is talking about Celestial quest where Thor is again involved , rather then the scan not proving anything , it actually confirms it as your saying its just some unreferenced and unmentioned instance that we havent heard about , that just doesn't make sense, the most logical answer is that its the instance that is actually mentioned by bios and other sources like the wikia and interviews . Adding to the evidence is that its in the correct timeframe , there's no evidence to suggest its some other unknown event where a thanosi was used rather then an cononically referenced one

In answer to your question, yeah there was a clone against squirrel girl and against she hulk , there are also other times where thanos has used android type clones against iron man and drax and a robot against the grandmaster. Finally thanos actually fought a much stronger doppelganger in infinity war

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By APEX_pretador

@asgardianbrony: Wow that was fast. Were you working on it at the speed of light?

you have resorted to lowballing a character which you clearly do not know nearly as much about. I would have preffered if we both simply argued for OUR characters and not tried to act as if we are experts on our opponents, but since you have it is my pleasure to debunk your misguided reasoning

No, I just countered your arguments. I still do not believe that realms are universes.

If I was lowballing, I would have used jane, alien bugs and all such low-showings of Odin, yet I did not do that. I just countered the showings you posted, from the scans of the comic they came from.

hate for this almost year long debate to end on a sour note

I will just need to work harder than you because I'm facing a more powerful opponent.

I hope you don't become my enemy just because of this ONE debate. Yet, I promise you my third post is going to be far more brutal, be prepared.

Also, I think that we both should do a summary after the third post, so that you get a chance to address my scans from third post.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By APEX_pretador

@asgardianbrony:

Surtur is only as hot as the earths core

But that's what is stated in the scan you yourself posted.

Also, that seth and a rock thing was a joke. Odin used the same attack on Thanos and he had to blast those rocks away.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgardianbrony:

You knew you were lowballing and did it anyways, which cheapens your argument

No, I just quoted what was written on scan.

Anyways, what about this?

If you are going to be posting new scans (which i assume you are since this is your last post) then perhaps we should extend the cav to 4 posts and a final summary post. You have more info to show and i do as well, we have had no problem letting this cav go on for this long so i see no need to rush its ending if we can make even better and more informative arguments.

Your choice

I think 4 post + a summary might be too long. Do you still have more feats to show? You can edit your current post, I'll wait anyways. I have Thanos vs Jiren and Cap vs Black Widow also going on, in addition to PYP high tier tourney of emperorthanos.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@apex_pretador:

And i could just quote thanos saying he is afraid with hulk, doesnt change the fact it is lowballing.

You can't, because he never said it :D

He did say that he avoided fighting Hulk, and that was before his massive Thanos Quest upgrade by mistress death, when he was barely above a herald, like KC Superman tier or slightly weaker than Magus

And Thanos has avoided fights in past against fodder tier characters. It is in character.

I have another statement for the realms being universes and i could also try to fit in the feat Odin got during Legacy #1, but mostly i was thinking a 4th post would be needed because you are (i presume) going to be introducing new feats and usually in a summary post i wouldnt be able to address those with new scans of my own.

Maybe we can do one post on realms being universes or not,. I think that if we reach to a proper conclusion on that one, this is CaV is pretty much decided.

But again, perhaps it will be better if we don't do it because we will never be able to get to a conclusion.

I will only post 4-5 new feats at max, I pretty much went all out here. So far I only have 3 in mind.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgardianbrony: @apex_pretador: 4 posts each? That will make near impossible to vote given the fact that both of you presented extremely solid arguments.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgardianbrony: @apex_pretador: 4 posts each? That will make near impossible to vote given the fact that both of you presented extremely solid arguments.

Well, 3 posts and a summary each

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgardianbrony: You edit your post. After I post my 3rd post, we will see if we should include this section in summary or not.

Sylux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By Sylux

@asgardianbrony: What is a CaV? A debate against two people? What does "t4v" mean?

I had fun reading this btw. Both of you guys did good.

Sylux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgardianbrony: Thank you!

How do you do that quote thing? When I hit quote it comes out trying to quote your entire post.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tag

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cergic you get your tag here. It is nearing completion.

One more post from me, then we both summarize our posts.

Cull_Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By APEX_pretador

@asgardianbrony: Hey dude, due to some personal reasons, I was (and for a few weeks, would be) unable to give any time to this. I have basic draft ready already. I hope you understand, it would take a bit longer than expected.

Note: I won't be using any Thanos feats which might be displayed in upcoming Thanos issues or some other series, because that's only fair.

Cull_Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@apex_pretador: Looking forward to the post .

Hope everything is going ok for you mate

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By XLR87T3
Avatar image for deactivated-652b01b81dedd
deactivated-652b01b81dedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't normally look at these but this has been a pretty good match and good comments from both sides. @apex_pretador hope all is well with you. Look forward to your post when you return.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@apex_pretador:

No problem man, take your time. I hope your doing good now.

Note: I won't be using any Thanos feats which might be displayed in upcoming Thanos issues or some other series, because that's only fair.

Agreed and thanks. Depending on what happens in his new series perhaps a rematch will be in order (Odin vs God-Quarry Thanos) :D

Well, as of now, there's no proof Thanos was amped, and everything implies to him being on the same level as before (GQ restoring to full power).

I won't use him vs king Thanos fight either

Cull_Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@apex_pretador: Well what does that mean ? Full power? We have never seen him full power , hes been recently written well below what he should , so tbh even if its not an 'amp' its higher then we have seen him in years

He has definitely been changed by the Quarry and personally I think the whole point of the GQ was for him to 'claim enough power' to face a phoenix host , I don't think he would have fared too well at base level

On a slightly different note, I'm doing an article about all the various upgrades and non artifact amps and boosts Thanos has had ,along with scans of course ? did you want a tag ?

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cull_Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@apex_pretador: Will do man, I have a couple that I haven't seen on the vine really , will pm you soon

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By APEX_pretador

It ends NOW!!

No Caption Provided

The best for the last, final feats:

Power:

Damage output

Here's one feat for power:

Crushes Lord-Mar-vell with one hand with ease. (He lets him go and surrenders because he has a plan, to blow up the entire universe they are in)

And you know how powerful is Lord marvell?

One shots magus and disnitegrates him while not even trying, who, moments ago, teleported and blew up 18 planets with a thought.

Breaks Nova's shields in one punch and one-shots silver surfer.

Nova's shields have pretty crazy durability feats, including surviving galactus;s galaxy-buster blast, as well as briefly holding up against a universal reality warper (sphinx with 2 ka stones). Ask for scans if needed.

MORE

The InBetweener, was powerful enough to stalemate a hungry Galactus

He was imprisoned by abstracts lord order and master chaos. It is worth noting that within his prison, inbetweener was at full power. He eevn had the soul gem.

He had given up ALL hope of breaking free

Thanos matches Inbetweener's power output and they two combined break the barrier.

Even more

Thanos fights Ego the living planet physically, and bests it.

When Ego loses physically, he tricks Thanos, forces him in its core and Thanos still comes out unscathered, instead defeats Ego with the galactus engine!!!

Now how powerful is Ego?

It is mentioned several times in the above scans that Ego has beaten both Odin and Galactus

Also, scans of one of the fights in which Ego nearly stalemated Galactus, weakening him to the point where Thor could repel him (while easily tanking attacks like fire of 1000 suns)

This is both a durability and power feat for Thanos. He shows that someone like Ego can't put him down and Thanos can best him on the surface, making Ego resort to tricks like forcing him in his core (which still doesn't work)

Same Ego who has bested Galactus and Odin.

Same Ego who has nearly stalemated Galactus

Hype/statements

Now I know that hype and statements don't mean much. However, they cannot be disregarded completely, as they show how powerful authors consider a character especially when a character has enough feats to back it up.

1. Thanos fights alongwith galactus and odin wielding odinsword against marqis of death's Ego and (what looks to be) abstracts
  2. Thanos avatar (from his future time travel experiences) states Thanos will be in the middle of the bottom row. That means between Odin and inbetweener. Remember that Thanos avatar's experiences of time only extend till Infinity Finale.
  3. In flashback, Thanos and Silver Surfer are shown matching Odin's power. Remember Surfer proved to be a non-factor in that fight.

I know, they are not fleshed out feats, but they must be taken into consideration as you yourself have used a lot of statements. This shows that 3 different writers consider Thanos to be on the same level as Odin in power.

Counters:

Things we agree upon:

• Seth feat: Okay, I accept your counters. The points are vaild, and you've shown Odin possessing galaxy level power.
  • Thanos showing multi-galaxy level durability
  • Your argument that the shields of Thanos are not that big factor here. They will help against a couple of blasts, but that's it. However, it still binds Thanos time, and allows to handle some blasts
  • Combat speed won't be a big factor here. I brought it in opener but I agree that Thanos is no speedster and a battle of this magnitude doesn't depend on speed. However, he can still evade some hits, and can quickly create in-battle plans and strategies

Counters to Thanos's awesome feats? Really?

First thing i have to point out about this fight, yes Thanos was able to budge Tyrant with some blasts and punches, but the only time he ever makes Tyrant scream out in pain and the only time he is ever seemingly overpowering tyrant is when Thanos has the orb and is using it to attack

Yes, Thanos used the orb, but that is irrelevant, since the Orb's power was absorbed by Thanos.

No Caption Provided

Here we see Thanos absorbing the orb into his own self using technology.

So, please provide feats for Kosmos in this form instead of trying to scale her to beings that both you and i know dwarf her in power.

Kosmos = Beyonder + Molecule Man (post retcon)

Beyonder and molecule man (post retcon) fighting was able to cause damage on multiversal scale.

Anyways, even if you are looking for feats for Kosmos in this exact form, she heavily damaged Kyln, a prison which could hold 2 Galactus level beings no problem.

No Caption Provided

Oh, and the same blast was survived by Thanos

Plus, she was stated to be casual universal buster.

No Caption Provided

Moving on

I may not know as much about Thanos as you do, but i know a bit about the Phoenix Force. The context here is that Thane does not have the full power of the phoenix force, he has a fraction of it. In modern marvel several characters wield pieces of the Phoenix, for example Quentin Quire also has a piece of the Phoenix inside himself:

Actually that's not true.

The phoenix force Thane possessed was unleashed right from inside of phoenix egg, which Terrax (former herald) possessed for very long time, much before Asgard-Shi'ar war even started. He was trying to open than for many months

On the other hand, the phoenix force's appearance in Mighty Thor series happened when phoenix force was summoned by an ancient ritual, in its original bird form. It is worth noting that phoenix was in its bird form after it was removed from Thane's body.

Infact PF Thane even looks more like dark phoenix, not like any of the phoenix five

Here are the relevant scans

I think there is another person wielding the Phoenix force somewhere else as well, but i could be wrong

You are wrong. Nobody possessed the PF at the time Thane possessed it.

There is no proof the blast oneshot any of them, none. A hole in galactus means nothing, it could have taken multiple blasts to make that hole, it could have blasted through but not killed him, ect. The feat does show, along with your other feats, that Thanos can withstand some attacks from a bloodlusted Odin, :

A "clean hole" in Galactus means a lot. It means that the hole should've been created with one or two blasts. Otherwise Galactus would've reacted and tried to avoid. We see Galactus dead on panel, with a clean, round hole in him, and you say he might not have been killed? And even celestials were killed, dismembered by the blasts.

Anyways, dismembering and killing celestials, and blowing a hole through Galactus is way beyond Odin's capabilities.

Odin's physical/grappling strength:

Odin's best physical strength feats shown so far are:

Grappling against Surtur (meh)

Overpowering Thor (meh)

Now, Odin breaking out of the barrier of energy was not a feat of strength. It was a feat of energy projection. We can clearly see Odin using energy projection out of his eyes.

No Caption Provided

Therefore, you have no feats of Odin's physicals which ever come close to Thanos

On the other hand, Thanos has actually proven to be physically stronger than Odin, PRE-IMPERATIVE, when Thanos overpowered Odin WITH ONE HAND wrestling for Gungnir itself.

Other Odin's feats

Uthana thoth.

Uthana Thoth is bragging about himself when he says he is holding the universe together. It is clearly stated that the end of the "universe" was only delayed because of tech.

No Caption Provided

Also, even if Uthana had done it, it would not have been an impressive feat since "the universe" at that time was barely bigger than the spaceship at that moment. So while it would be maybe impressive against low heralds, it doesn't matter against characters like Thanos or Odin. It'd be like "OMG, My character slowed down the crunch of 10 km wide universe" IF HE HAD DONE IT AT ALL.

One more proof that Uthana Thoth is nowhere near universal, is the fact that he was looking for a place to live for a long time since their universe was ending. If he had universal power, then he could simply have saved his own universe instead of looking for a new home universe for god knows how long. And it was only when his son Thane (oh the irony!) found the nine realms, and contacted him, did he teleport him and his partner to there.

No Caption Provided

And Uthana Thoth with 2 of his underlings couldn't even break free of being trapped in Asgard-space. lmao at him being universal.

He couldn't even kill Balder and Tyr WITH A NUMBERS ADVANTAGE when they were also trapped with him

The Dark Gods

This showing actually works better for me. Odin one-shotted vaporized them without much trouble, and you yourself admitted that Thanos will be tough to put down, and as I've shown by feats, Thanos could not be vaporized by much more. Thanos>featless gods

On the other hand, it shows Odin can be harmed physically. Thanos is going to physically torture Odin.

First a brief history lesson, Zelia is the skymother of the dark gods of narcisson, the literal dark mirror image of asgard. In ancient times Asgard fought Narcisson and the dark gods won for a time, though in a last ditch effort Asgard defeated them:

Losing to Asgard is not a feat. If anything, it shows that Odin was not fighting with his right mind, and who knows how many other heavy hitters dark gods have, which heavily contributed to the battle and died. Maybe they had some powerful warriors in the old fight which they didn't have later?

The problem is, the dark gods have no star level feat or even solar system level feat

and in modern times Zelia and her dark gods actually conquered Asgard, imprisoning Odin

I don't know what is that supposed to mean. It is either a low showing for Odin, or maybe there was some context surrounding this. This showing only makes Odin look bad. I mean he is captured by beings who are one-shot material to him, and gets drained of Odinforce somehow, and imprisoned in chains and tortured, till he gets back OF and one-shots all of them at once.

Other counters

however even a young and inexperienced version of Odin was capable of harming Celestials

There is a problem with this: It is not Odin in this thread, it is far, far more than that which harmed the celestial.

It is Odin WITH mjolnir (who in my opinion would easily beat Thanos)

And Phoenix (a low lvl abstract) force. Thane with phoenix force already stalemated Thanos

And many other powerful characters who are at or above skyfather tier

Another thing I'd like to point out is, you said Odin was inexperienced/young. However, there is a problem. This fight happened after Odin's greatest feat ever happened, i.e. the battle with super motherstorm (since he has Mjolnir which was created after the battle with motherstorm)

Surtur's feat

That is what the core of a galaxy is made of, so it is definitely a galaxy busting feat

First of all, unfortunately for you this isn't milky way galaxy. More on it soon.

Second, even if we are talking about milky way, how the hell is 4 million stars even comparable to 200 billion stars? That's a difference by the factor of 50,000. Galaxy busting would be 50 thousands times more impressive than galaxy core busting IF we are talking about milky way

Now, let's focus on first statement.

Surtur blew up a star

Scan 1, you can clearly SEE a single star exploding and leaving a well formed ingot behind. Infact, we even see the planets and planetoids surrounding the star intact afterwards.

Scan 2: Surtur is called the breaker of stars. He swings his giant hammer again, and the planetoids are still intact

I know this isn't enough evidence for you, so there's more

No Caption Provided

See, all the other stars still there, just the difference is the presence of the portal surtur made, to channel the power of the stars

Stormbreaker/Mjolnir collision actually blows the portal to bits

No Caption Provided

If even that isn't enough evidence for you, then there is this

No Caption Provided

Outright stated that it was an exploding sun which was the beginning of everything (BRB's story)

I believe there is enough evidence to debunk the false notion that Surtur is a galaxy buster

And most importantly, he used a massive hammer for star-busting. Not done under his own power.

Odin did not lose any Odinforce when he absorbed Surtur, what are you on about?

Oh, nevermind. I misread the scan you posted in the second post. Odin apparently removed odinforce from Thor, not himself.

However, Odin only managed to absorb Surtur when he was defeated, fallen down and unconscious

To summarize Surtur's feats:

1. Imprisoned by earth's rotation (posted by yourself, in your own scans)
  2. Is stated to be the heat of earth core (posted by yourself, in your own scans)
  3. His blows are tanked by Thor who manages to keep him on bay while the same blows make Odin fall (posted by yourself in your own scans)
  4. He destroys a star with a giant hammer (posted by yourself, called galaxy busting) Although I can't blame you for this. This is a minor and honest mistake.
  5. Odinforce Thor, the least experienced ever, stalemated and beat Surtur in a fight where Surtur boasted about his strength while throwing pyramids. A more experienced version of Odinforce Thor was overpowered by Destroyer, and heavily struggled with Bor's planet-busting attacks. He also fell into Odinsleep (or Thorsleep?) after illuminating the planet earth using Odinforce (because he used too much of it). Basically, inexperienced OF Thor was planetary+ at most.

Basically, Surtur isn't that powerful. Struggling with him is honestly not a good showing for Odin, not sure why you would bring surtur in the discussion when it is bad showing for Odin.

Counters to the "previous battle context"

Odin:

Yeah, Odin had 100% intent to kill

No Caption Provided

Orders his soldiers to kill not only Thanos, but also Strange, Surfer and Warlock, just because he "assumes" that they are aligned with him having Thor hostage

No Caption Provided

Odin is shocked that Thanos is alive, which means he was striking to kill him

No Caption Provided

Look at this and tell me Odin isn't boiling in rage.

No Caption Provided

Odin thinks he has killed Thanos

Yeah, tell me he wasn't trying to kill Thanos.

It is entirely in character for Thor, Odin, Balder, Warrior three and almost every asgardian to attempt to kill their foes, especially when pissed off.

Not true at all. Odin did not want to kill Thanos, he was not bloodlusted, this can be seen when Odin offers Thanos the chance to yield:

Okay, so Odin, after he blows his steam by attacking Thanos with everything he got, asks Thanos to yield to save his face?

May I ask, why didn't he ask for NOBLE Surfer, Warlock and strange to simply yield? Why did he order his soldiers to kill them? Why did he try to kill Thanos before this? Why didn't he ask this before?

Simple answer: He came to realization that Thanos of titan isn't a foe like he can easily defeat. He took his best shots and got back up, asking for more.

Thanos:

No Caption Provided

Doesn't want to fight, because it doesn't profit him.

"I have no desire to engage in the particular confrontation"

No Caption Provided

Thanos's intent was to "GAIN ODIN'S UNDIVIDED ATTENTION".

Another proof is the fact that Odin one-shotted both surfer and drax, but he couldn't do damage to Thanos? Yeah - he one shots former friends but doesn't do damage to Thanos, even after increasing his attacks's powers

Thanos's clone vs Thor with Odinforce'd gear

First of all, Odin had preserved MAXIMUM Odinforce to fill Thor's gear with.

No Caption Provided

And the gear was extremely special, as Odin was open to unquestionable bargain, giving up extremely precious artifacts without a thought

Next, Odin used so much Odinforce that in the next issue, he was Odinsleeping.

Third, Odin wasn't even sure if Thor with all that Odinforce-imbued gear could even beat Thanos, which means something. (Whatever Slim chance)

No Caption Provided

Fourth, Odin was only weakened because his body was poisoned by a special poison, and the torture he suffered from dark gods. It was his body which was severely hurt. Odinforce was not weakened. You cannot show me one single scan which states that Odinforce was depleted. On the other hand, I showed you a scan showing Odin says he conserved as much OF as possible.

This is further proven by Odin's showing against the dark gods and Zelia, when he one-shots them after getting his Odinforce back.

Fifth, Thanos clone is not Thanos

You see the conversation between me and Cull-obsidian above? I posted a feat of Thanos shaking the entire universe with one blast (not knowing it was a clone), but I deleted it because it was not the real Thanos.

Sixth, it being a clone was an important plot point in not just one, but two story arcs. That includes Infinity Abyss where the usage of Thanos's clones backfired on him, and showdown with Death god walker in Captain Marvel 17-18 where it was confirmed why Thanos was making clones for testing everyone.

Seventh - While Thor did damage him and knock him down, the clone managed to destroy Thor's odinforce-filled gear and wasn't KO'd or killed. It was the designate who killed him with her tears.

Escaping the versatility:

Now, you've used a lot of out of character tactics here, and tried to pass them as valid because "morals off". However, that's not how it works. morals off simply means that the characters don't hold back due to fear of killing or colateral damage. OP doesn't say the characters are "out of character". Anyways, Thanos has counters to whatever you can provide.

BFR

Thanos can teleport with or without tech, even in or out of realms

Odin can absorb

Odin only absorbed a being made of half of his soul, and Thanos has done it too in Infinity War comic.

Now, inb4 you bring Odin absorbing a "defeated" surtur. It is irrelevant and useless since he would need to defeat Thanos first to do it, which he would be unlikely to do.

time stop

Oh look - an ability that Odin has used like once or twice in his 400+ appearances, and never in combat. He'd rather knock himself out in cutting Mangog's power source, get damaged and nearly beaten by surtur, ymir, seth etc but never use time-stop. But here is going to use it?

Okay, I'll let it slide if you can prove me that he can do time-stop and fight Thanos at the same time. He has never shown to be able to do both fighting and time-stopping at once.

TP

Here Thanos escapes potential death from Galactus's telepathic grip, and saves himself.

Remember that while Odin lasted long, Galactus proved to be too much for Odin eventually, as Odin admitted he couldn't keep going in TP battle against galactus. Also, Galan was better nourished against Thanos. And again, this was a weaker version of Thanos than we are using in this thread (pre-imperative amp)

Now, let me use some of my own versatility, since you brought up this argument first. I didn't have any intention of bringing it, but you're forcing me to do it. And unlike Odin, Thanos has actually used his versatility in combat.

BFR: Odin may be able to teleport back, but Thanos BFRing him will allow Thanos to slow down Odin's attacks

No Caption Provided

Molecule manipulation: Again Odin might be able to change himself back to Odin but it will allow Thanos to momentarily stop Odin.

No Caption Provided

Telekinesis: Can be used to toss Odin away

Computer/analyzer: Thanos's armor contains a computer which can even track runner with space gem. It can be incredibly helpful.

There's also things like draining but those are extremely out-of-character tactics, and I am not going to use OOC tactics.

Realms =/= Universes

The realms are pocket dimensions which are part of 616 universe, and are nowhere near even close to the size of a universe

Let's see the points:

There is this confirmation, that Asgard and other realms are nowhere near the size of the real universe

No Caption Provided

Then, the fact that incursions (which is just a collision of 2 universes) destroyed Asgard also.

Now, let's see your scans

Scan 1: ON THE FRINGES OF ASGARD SPACE (Fringe=Boundary) and the camera isn't even that far away from the floating continent Asgard. Infact this scan only proves my point that Asgard "space" is extremely small pocket dimension.

Scan 2: The camera is literally on the asgard landmass

Scan 3: The space where asgard once dwelled. It is like saying that "the space where my house once existed" or something like that. It doesn't confirm the size of Asgard being universe-sized or even close to it.

Okay, let's see these also.

1. It doesn't say that realms are universe sized.
  2. This scan implies that Odin created all life on all realms. Yet we know this isn't true because Bor existed before Odin, and and Buri before Bor. This scan also implies that Odin doesn't know about Mephisto's hell, Olympus, etc and other dimensions/realms of other pantheons since he says only ten realms exist. He forgot the realm of chaos and order, the realm of death and the realm of nothingness. He didn't even mention the freaking negative zone, which is actually confirmed to be equal to main universe, except made of anti-matter.
  3. The speech of a featless mad scientist over narrator's words?

Infinity gems of 616 Universe work on asgard - Check

They worked in Mephisto's hell as well yet we all know that it is a different realm/universe.

Being in a different dimension =/= being a universe of their own. If Asgard is a universe, where are Asgard's infinity gems?

It is a dimension, not a universe.

Speaking of Infinity gems, in Infinity Gauntlet #2 it was confirmed that Asgard exists outside of earths reality, when Thanos with the IG unleashed a wave of power that cut off Asgard's universe from earths universe:

So Odin cannot teleport from Asgard to the main universe?

I believe this shows that BFR can and will work against Odin? Since Thanos has teleported to different realms and Odin cannot?

More undeniable proof. Asgard's realm is its own universe.

All it shows is that Asgard is in a different dimension, not a different universe since if it was a different universe then it would have its own set of infinity gems.

Okay, you want to claim that Asgard is a different universe, then show me galaxies in asgard, Show me different planets in asgard, with different races, life on it, except of the floating landmass.

Like how in 616 universe we have badoon - a large majority of milky way galaxy, Shi'ar -in an entire galaxy, Kree in giant mallegan cloud galaxy, skrulls in the andromeda galaxy, Rigellians, Strontians, zenn-la'ians, centurions, xandarians (before Annihilation wave killed them), korbinites, etc. In "asgard the nanodimension" we have only asgardians on the only landmass that exists in the dimension.

The world tree is literally the inter-universal space-time nexus of the nine realms

Fair enough

and exists outside of reality in the all-space between realms (though at times it has changed positions)!

Thor has torn ygghdrasil out of its roots more than once. How do you explain that? Or in Seth vs Odin (the infamous battle from where you're using Odin's feats) Seth was blasting yggdrasil in asgard.

But anyways, I would not focus on this, since your point is that affecting realms is impressive.

The space-time continuum of yggdrasil is so vast that even Galactus himself cannot navigate it and couldnt find the world-seed after loki hid it within the roots:

Now this is something I've a problem with. Even heralds of Galactus, who can't even conceive what Galactus is, can locate a speck of dust in the spacetime continuum, let alone galactus himself. Galactus is famous for jobbing, and that's what it is.

But again, this is irrelevant to our actual debate.

Now, for the final time, the proof that when Asgard the flat planet isn't there, the realm is completely empty, devoid of all matter is provided in Thor: 621 when Uthana Thoth "mr universal" was trapped with 2 followers in Asgard space, and couldn't even kill Balder and Tyr odinsons despite numbers advantage.

I can go on and on, but this is a topic where evidence is there for both sides. I have much better evidence while you have some hyperbolic statements. And we can still meaningfully continue the debate despite the realms debate.

Now, let's for one moment, ignore the realms-universes debate, and go back to the origin of this debate. Feats you've listed:

Odin tears the tenth realm from yggdrasil and binds it in a hut

Thor has torn entire Yggdrasil from its root, and damaged Yggdrasil on atleast one more instance and has never managed to hurt Thanos.

Odin recreates everything in asgard space

What we see on panel is Odin recreating Asgard the landmass, and anyways, this is reality warping which we both have agreed that Thanos should be able to resist

And anything else in Asgard the dimension was not destroyed in the first place in Ragnarok, only the landmass was, in the battle between Surtur and Asgardians.

Odin's clash with surtur sends shockwaves through the nine universes of yggdrasil

Same thing Jane Thor (who lost to gladiator) and War Thor (who's = ultimate Thor and at best worthy Thor's equal) clashing did

I don't see why is that impressive, since Thanos can easily beat 2 Thors at once, infact he has done that in secret wars.

Summary so far:

• Thanos's physical strength/striking and durability exceed Odin by a decent margin
  • Thanos's raw power feats show that he consistently hangs with beings on Odin's tier
  • Thanos can handle versatility of Odin. He can also trouble Odin with his own versatility
  • Thanos wins because Odin cannot put him down, atleast not easily

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By APEX_pretador

@asgardianbrony: Let's celebrate the anniversary of this thread.

It's been an year

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Thanos is the better lover