CaV : Deathstroke (King-Ragnar) VS Daken (PayneInTheAss) - Voting Closed [KR Won]

• 65 results
geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51 geekryan  Online

My vote goes to @king-ragnar.

The way I see it, Deathstroke has superior strength and skill, whereas Daken has a superior healing factor. Deathstroke has better reaction timing, but they should be roughly equal in combat speed and durability. Both have the means to easily slice and stab the other.

KR relied a lot on lifting strength though, which I don't think is as relevant as striking strength in a fight. He also seemed to equate piercing durability to damage soak by saying how Deathstroke wouldn't be affected by being stabbed. A good thing he did was highlight the limits of Daken's HF.

Payne heavily relied on outliers for Daken, such as hurting Thing with a punch and being able to harm Skaar, using fights against high-tiers as a comparison. This seriously harmed his credibility in my opinion. He also brought up the stealth aspect, which I thought was pretty irrelevant, and something Slade is much superior in anyways.

Basically, it comes down to Slade's superior strength and skill vs. Daken's healing factor. KR convinced me that Slade holds enough of a skill advantage over Daken that he could dismember him and/or stab his brain, thus removing the advantage of the healing factor.

This was a really quick and fun CaV to read! Great job to the both of you!

King-Ragnar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'm going to vote for @king-ragnar as well. I think he proved that Slade shooting Daken through the head was enough to overpower his healing factor, based on prior instances. I was also convinced that Slade could keep fighting through any stabs he may receive, and was overall superior in most other areas as well. Good job to both of you, though!

mm7910

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Daken should win due to pheromones. Hurting Skaar is more than enough already. Add in the muramasa and this is a complete curbstomp. But I do not think the muramasa blade or the pheromones were mentioned in the thread by @payneintheass so unfortunately I have to give my vote for @king-ragnar

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 anthp2000  Moderator

I'll vote on this in a few hours.

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mm7910: Yeah Muramasa blades are not standard gear, so no.

King-Ragnar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vote count

King Ragnar: 2

Payneintheass : 0

mm7910

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@payneintheass: The pheromones are standard for him though. I love Daken and would love to see him one day on the big screen.

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mm7910: Sure pheromones are, but I wanted to focus on a pure physical encounter, maybe other time.

mm7910

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@payneintheass: good call. I was pulling for Daken and I do think he would win. Especially since he's been around since what like the 1940's-50's? So when people say he lacks experience that is crazy. Especially after training with Romulus and Cyber.

King-Ragnar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump for more voters

Avatar image for deactivated-5d880b7f8c5bf
deactivated-5d880b7f8c5bf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I vote for @payneintheass until Ragnar admits New 52 Batman is near PC Batman level

King-Ragnar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

King-Ragnar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers