• no avatar state

Round 2:

• morals off
  • bloodlusted
  • winner by KO, death, or removal of bending
  • fight on beach
  • no avatar state

Round 3:

• everything in round 3 but avatar state is available.
Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Petey_is_Spidey

Aang stomps all rounds. First off, Korra doesn't even know airbending. Plus, she's not very good in the other elements either. Anyways, Aang has far more experience.

I.A.T.

Avatar image for cerberusprime3k
CerberusPrime3k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By CerberusPrime3k

Too soon wait till we see what Korra's capable of at the end of her series.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@CerberusPrime3k said:

Too soon wait till we see what Korra's capable of at the end of her series.

This.

@comics_beat_animemanga: I think it's too soon to compare her and Aang in a way that is fair to Korra.

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By HBKTimHBK

As of right now, Aang wins this easily.

BMEZY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BMEZY

As of right now, Korra doesn't have the skill, experience, and feats to contend with Aang. Heck, she knows virtually nothing about airbending..Aang mauls her like a bear.

Iju

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By Iju

Aang because he has mastered all of the elements, which Korra has not.

MenaceForever2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MenaceForever2

Is anyone thinking that since water is natural to korra and there fighting on a beach she might have an advantge

(((Prodigy)))

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By (((Prodigy)))
@Iju said:

Aang because he has mastered all of the elements, which Korra has not.

On the contarary, Aang had only fully mastered airbending by the end of the series. During his firebending training with Zuko, both Katara and Toph state that his training in water and earth bending could still use some work. 
Aang was a powerful bender to be sure, capable of putting up a fight against comet-enhanced Ozai even before he entered the Avatar State, but he wasn't a full master or water, earth, or fire at the time.
(((Prodigy)))

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By (((Prodigy)))

Personally, I think Aang would take it in a close fight. Korra is more agressive and enjoys fighting a more than Aang ever did, but Aang is more level-headed, more experienced, and has use of four elements to Korra's three.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Aang all three rounds. 

You know what? I'm gonna even go out on a limb and say even if Korra does master all four bending arts, she still won't come close to beating Aang.

teepe8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By teepe8

aang, obviously. He's waaaaay more experienced than korra, and waaay more powerful.

TAneT62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TAneT62

Aang has the experience, he has all the elements at hand, Korra still hasn't learnt how to airbend yet, so another advantage to Aang.

Korra is more formidable, meaning she doesn't hold back as much as aang, plus her bending looks weaker than aangs did.

Aang.

Avatar image for thewitchinghour
TheWitchingHour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TheWitchingHour

Give Korra time and she could beat Aang. She is far more comfortable with fighting than Aang ever was. I also she think she is physically stronger, faster and more durable than Aang and that could translate into bending ability. But as of right now she isn't skilled enough in bending and isn't strong enough to take out Aang. She needs at least a couple seasons to develop.

Avatar image for vercingetorixthegreat
VercingetorixTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At the end of the series she should be tougher then Aang. Aren't the previous Avatars a little weaker then the successor avatar?

Jezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jezer

@TheWitchingHour said:

Give Korra time and she could beat Aang. She is far more comfortable with fighting than Aang ever was. I also she think she is physically stronger, faster and more durable than Aang and that could translate into bending ability. But as of right now she isn't skilled enough in bending and isn't strong enough to take out Aang. She needs at least a couple seasons to develop.

She's faster than Aang? Why do you say so?

FourthDeity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By FourthDeity

@Petey_is_Spidey said:

Aang stomps all rounds. First off, Korra doesn't even know airbending. Plus, she's not very good in the other elements either. Anyways, Aang has far more experience.

I.A.T.

agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By agent9149

korra is not yet worthy of fighting a full blown avatar yet she needs time

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ARMIV2

Well, Aang's got the focus and experience, but then Korra's got the years of tutoring and she's got the physical side of it pretty much nailed...but then Aang by the end of The Last Airbender mastered all for elements...

Aero_gt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Aero_gt

AANG EASY DUE TOBTHE FACT KORRA HASN'T FOUGHT AS LONG AS HIM, NOR DOES SHE KNOW ALL THE ELEMENTS, ANDANNG DEFEATS GROUPS OF FIREBENDERS WHILE KORRA HAS TROUBLE AGAINST A COUPLE NO NAMED NON BENDERS. ANNG WAS SMALSO TAUGHT BY THE BEST BENDERS IN THEIR HISTORY. TOPH IS SECOND BEST EARTH BENDER AFTER BUMI, KATARRA IS BEST WATER BENDER, AND ZUKO IS TIED SECOND BEST FIREBENDER WITH AZULA.

Avatar image for notquitevarsity
notquitevarsity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By notquitevarsity

Aang stomps effortlessly. Korra hasn't really been all that impressive yet, plus air bending is the best bending for combat, so Aang wins.

TheWitchingHour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TheWitchingHour

@Jezer said:

@TheWitchingHour said:

I should clarify that I think she's only physically faster than Aang. When it comes to airbending Aang is extremely quick as well as fast. Also Aang often uses airbending to supplement his reflexes which helps him out in fights. And of course he can use it to boost his running.

I'd say Korra is physically faster than Aang due to her experience in pro-bending. The nature of the game forces forces her to focus on dodging and running without the aid of waterbending which she can only use to strike or block. She has heightened reflexes due to her training much in the same way a boxer would.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By pooty

@notquitevarsity said:

Aang stomps effortlessly. Korra hasn't really been all that impressive yet, plus air bending is the best bending for combat, so Aang wins.

This

Jezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Jezer

@TheWitchingHour said:

@Jezer said:

@TheWitchingHour said:

I should clarify that I think she's only physically faster than Aang. When it comes to airbending Aang is extremely quick as well as fast. Also Aang often uses airbending to supplement his reflexes which helps him out in fights. And of course he can use it to boost his running.

I'd say Korra is physically faster than Aang due to her experience in pro-bending. The nature of the game forces forces her to focus on dodging and running without the aid of waterbending which she can only use to strike or block. She has heightened reflexes due to her training much in the same way a boxer would.

Okay, that makes sense. Thanks for the well articulated explanation.

TheWitchingHour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TheWitchingHour

@Aero_gt said:

AANG EASY DUE TOBTHE FACT KORRA HASN'T FOUGHT AS LONG AS HIM, NOR DOES SHE KNOW ALL THE ELEMENTS, ANDANNG DEFEATS GROUPS OF FIREBENDERS WHILE KORRA HAS TROUBLE AGAINST A COUPLE NO NAMED NON BENDERS. ANNG WAS SMALSO TAUGHT BY THE BEST BENDERS IN THEIR HISTORY. TOPH IS SECOND BEST EARTH BENDER AFTER BUMI, KATARRA IS BEST WATER BENDER, AND ZUKO IS TIED SECOND BEST FIREBENDER WITH AZULA.

Well to be fair those no name non benders you're talking about took out both Tenzin and Beifong at points. They all seem to be almost as skilled as Ty Lee was and she gave team Avatar trouble on numerous occasions. Also those chi blocker gauntlets and taser batons they wield pack a punch.

And I'd argue that Toph is the best earth bender we've seen on the show. She has more feats than Bumi and more impressive feats as well.

Zuko is not the best firebender. He's also not second best. Azula was clearly better than he was. He needed Katara's help to defeat her in the finale and even then they were only able to do it because she was mentally unstable. Ozai was the greatest firebender feat wise followed closely by Iroh and Avatar Roku. Firelord Sozin, Jeong Jeong and Admiral Zhao were impressive as well. All of them were better than Zuko. Don't get me wrong Zuko was one of my favorites on the show but he wasn't the most powerful firebender by a longshot.

Katara probably is the most skilled waterbender though. Aang is very close to her in ability but not quite there.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By renamed040924

@Aero_gt said:

Mad8Baller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Mad8Baller

I don't think we even ever seen Korra in Avatar state.
Aang auto wins.

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Petey_is_Spidey

@menaceforever said:

Is anyone thinking that since water is natural to korra and there fighting on a beach she might have an advantge

This gives her no advantage at all.

I.A.T.

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Petey_is_Spidey

@(((Prodigy))) said:

Personally, I think Aang would take it in a close fight. Korra is more agressive and enjoys fighting a more than Aang ever did, but Aang is more level-headed, more experienced, and has use of four elements to Korra's three.

Aang could beat Korra with only using air. She's too aggressive, and has no combat training.

I.A.T.

Skyfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Skyfire

Airbending is key here.

(((Prodigy)))

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By (((Prodigy)))
@Petey_is_Spidey said:

@(((Prodigy))) said:

Aang could beat Korra with only using air. She's too aggressive, and has no combat training.

I.A.T.

No combat training? 

While Aang does have more experience in real-world application of bending, I think Korra is technically on a higher level of mastery. As I mentioned before, Aang rushed through learning the elements. He hadn't fully mastered water, earth, or fire by the time he had his showdown with Ozai. It was not his mastery of the elements, but rather his experience in using them, that made him as competant as he was.  
Korra, on the other hand, has only a small fraction of the experience Aang had, but she has had much more time to recieve formal training in water, earth, and fire bending. She had no reason to speed up her training like Aang did, and so I very seriously doubt the Order of the White Lotus allowed her to progress on to a new element until they determined she had fully mastered the previous one. 

So, in terms of bending prowess, Aang has a ton of experience under his belt to compensate for his rushed training, whereas Korra has a lot of formal training under her belt to compensate for her lack of experience. 

I am still of the opinion that, although Aang would win, this fight is a closer match than most other people seem to think.
Aero_gt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Aero_gt

New phone, have to adjust it to desktop so I won't capslock.-3- Aang wins.

MenaceForever2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By MenaceForever2

Am i the only one who thinks that Korra wins the last 2

Void_Paladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Void_Paladin

@menaceforever said:

Am i the only one who thinks that Korra wins the last 2

Yes.

MenaceForever2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By MenaceForever2

@Void_Paladin: well that sucks

texjones1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By texjones1993

Seriously, why does everyone keep comparing Korra to the Book 3 Aang? I mean, of course he's going to have more experience, he's been chased for nearly a year. Korra has only been in the city for a few months. So, yes, she's a bit wet behind the ears, but other wise I'd say Korra would win. Obviously this would be a close match but as is Aang isn't that great of a fire or earth bender. His greatest feat without the Avatar state was lifting steps or shooting some fire, other than that Korra had shown far more discipline when using fire or earth. This could be seen when creating ramps, destroying walls, and etc. This isn't to say that Aang wasn't a good earth bender, but I would hardly say he was a master of it. He never followed the true philosophy of earth bending, he would always dodge, the philosophy of air bending. In fact, when it comes right down to it, Korra has the physical side mastered where as Aang only has the spiritual side. The only two elements he had embodied was water and air, which Korra (water bending that is) is thoroughly even.And yes Aang's air bending is an advantage but not that great of one. When using air bending he fought against enemies who stayed predominately still he could hit them easily. When fighting Azula, Mai, Ozai, Boomie, Toph, and others, they never stood stil and made for harder targets to which he had to confront in close combat which Korra has a great advantage in. Korra is a great Pro-bender and can easily be agile. She's avoided three benders blasting at her at nearly point blank range and you mean to tell me she can't avoid his gusts of air. She can dodge his blasts, in fact I'd say physically she's more agile (not counting the addition of air bending) since she's fought hand to hand against equalists, as in Ty lee's fighting style that nearly all of Team avatar was taken out by. So yes, she could dodge his attacks like Zuko and many others did, not to mention she could make a shield from earth, something Aang only did in the fight against Ozai. I have respect for Aang but calling him vastly more experienced is a bit much. If we take a look back at his experience in battle it mostly involved running away to have his enemy chase them into a fortress or sneaking around. The only time he had direct confrontation was when he had his friends near by or had no choice but to, and in a fight between Korra and Anna, the only advantage air bending would give him would be to force her to follow him into an area, and i the end it would lead to him running away before the fight could commence. Even considering that, Aang's tactics weren't that great, it was Sokka who came up with the plan most of the time anyway. The only time Aang got the better of someone by getting them worked up was when he fought against Zuko and General Zhao. Let's take a look at these two. Brash, very angry, filled with rage to capture the avatar, and didn't take training to keep their calm. Korra has learned to keep her head, so this argument saying she would lose it is pretty much invalid. Lastly, she could hit him; Pro-bending: hit moving targets. Korra's hit targets: Equalists ninja's, faster moving tanks with arms and grappling hooks, other opponents in pro-bending matches, and blimps I believe. (check me on that last one though.) In conclusion of this long and blabbering nerd out, Aang isn't that more experienced than she is and his mastering is only shown in Water Bending and Air bending, and Korra learns air bending in the end along with energy bending. :P Although she has yet to go avatar state, but that's only triggered in times of life or death so I doubt you can say it gives Aang any edge.

MenaceForever2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By MenaceForever2

Korra round 1 and Aang round 2

Avatar image for grandsymbiote94
GrandSymbiote94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#38  Edited By GrandSymbiote94

In Korra's wiki it says she already mastered energybending and has adept in airbending. Never watched the show fyi

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days  Online

@GrandSymbiote94 said:

In Korra's wiki it says she already mastered energybending and has adept in airbending. Never watched the show fyi

wrong ...... she has only just learned both air bending and energy bending that was bestowed upon her by Aang himself ...... but she is not a master yet ..... she also lost her other elements ..... she is only a airbender currently as of todays episode ......

Avatar image for grandsymbiote94
GrandSymbiote94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#40  Edited By GrandSymbiote94

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

@GrandSymbiote94 said:

wrong ...... she has only just learned both air bending and energy bending that was bestowed upon her by Aang himself ...... but she is not a master yet ..... she also lost her other elements ..... she is only a airbender currently as of todays episode ......

D: That sucks. So she knew fire bending, earth bending, and water bending? But know she only knows a little bit of air bending and energy bending? :/

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days  Online

@GrandSymbiote94 said:

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

@GrandSymbiote94 said:

D: That sucks. So she knew fire bending, earth bending, and water bending? But know she only knows a little bit of air bending and energy bending? :/

yep ..... Imon took her other bending away .... but after that she used air on him ... and beat him .... then Aang taught her the Avatar state and energy bending later .... so she has all the elements in avatar state .... but not naturally ........

Avatar image for beautifulrevery
beautifulrevery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By beautifulrevery

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

@GrandSymbiote94 said:

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

@GrandSymbiote94 said:

yep ..... Imon took her other bending away .... but after that she used air on him ... and beat him .... then Aang taught her the Avatar state and energy bending later .... so she has all the elements in avatar state .... but not naturally ........

Ummm, about that, she has all of her elements normally even without the Avatar state plus airbending and a little energy bending. Aang basically gave that back to her when he taught her energy bending. What Amon/Noahtokk did was completely reversible by energy bending and you're saying that she wouldn't have her own bending back after what Aang did? Also she knows the forms for airbending from what Tenzin has taught her so she's not as inept as airbending as everyone is saying she is.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days  Online

@beautifulrevery said:

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

@GrandSymbiote94 said:

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

@GrandSymbiote94 said:

Ummm, about that, she has all of her elements normally even without the Avatar state plus airbending and a little energy bending. Aang basically gave that back to her when he taught her energy bending. What Amon/Noahtokk did was completely reversible by energy bending and you're saying that she wouldn't have her own bending back after what Aang did? Also she knows the forms for airbending from what Tenzin has taught her so she's not as inept as airbending as everyone is saying she is.

she hasn't done them outside of Avatar state beyond that point .... so i have no reason to believe she has it all back .... she was in Avatar state when she did that bending after the visitation with Aang .... she knows the forms for it .... but that was just basic air bending ....... she isn't experienced ..... and it's only been a few months .... she didn't learn much more than basic air bending ........

Jezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Jezer

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

@beautifulrevery said:

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

@GrandSymbiote94 said:

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

@GrandSymbiote94 said:

she hasn't done them outside of Avatar state beyond that point .... so i have no reason to believe she has it all back .... she was in Avatar state when she did that bending after the visitation with Aang .... she knows the forms for it .... but that was just basic air bending ....... she isn't experienced ..... and it's only been a few months .... she didn't learn much more than basic air bending ........

So, what you're saying is that Korra can use energy bending to give everyonelse back their powers, but not herself?

And that spirit Aang energybending her may not have given her back her powers, either?

texjones1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By texjones1993

@Ancient_0f_Days: dude, watch it all the way through. She gets energy and all other bending back at the end.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days  Online

@texjones1993 said:

@Ancient_0f_Days: dude, watch it all the way through. She gets energy and all other bending back at the end.

I saw it ... but she was using the bending while she was floating in the air in AVATAR STATE ...... yeah energy bending ........... we got that already but it doesn't automatically mean that she has all of her elements .... in avatar state the avatar has access to all the other elements regardless of what they learned so far .......... I wouldn't be surprised if she has to learn them again ....... but for now, all that she got .... as far as I know was energy bending, air bending and Avatar State ...... I still think she lost the other ones and has to learn them again .........

texjones1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By texjones1993

@Ancient_0f_Days: no, they just decided to show Aang pressing his finger on her forehead where then after she performed all bending over again, and then later went up and kissed her love interest because she realized she had to learn it all over gain in avatar state . . . seriously, the writers rarely do something that overly complex, besides, if what you are saying that was the case then they would have said that. And she wasn't bending in the avatar state to clarify, waves of elements erupted in bending waves around her. I mean, I get why you would think that but c'mon, that kinda of follow up without any hint as to her having to learn them all over again would be kinda stupid, plus she wouldn't have to learn it again if she already knows how to bend them properly. Plus, if you check the wiki, it clearly says she got her bending back.

Mad8Baller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Mad8Baller

With the end of this season, Aang still wins over Korra because of how there isn't any avatar state allowed and Korra only gains the knowledge of previous avatars and how to do certain things that the previous avatars teach her when they communicate.
Basically it still means that Korra can't actually do everything Aang has been shown to do until she gets better control or practices.
At this current moment, she has the power/potential, but not the skills yet.
Course by Season 2, she may have learned the skills to bend all 4 of the elements and use them like a god.
But, only up to the pt in regards to skill that Korra has shown now, I still say Aang is more skilled than her.

texjones1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By texjones1993

I have to disagree, (lol, if I hadn't made that obvious.) but this is all opinion. Ijsut want to know which Aang were comparing to Korra. Season 1,2,or 3. As it stands, I don't see him winning from his experience in season 1 or 2. As for season 3, I can see that as he became a more seasoned Avatar, but I'd still put my money on Korra. Personally, if you have to compare them by facts and what not I'd advise using this source. http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Avatar_Wiki

Mad8Baller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Mad8Baller
@texjones1993 said:

I have to disagree, (lol, if I hadn't made that obvious.) but this is all opinion. Ijsut want to know which Aang were comparing to Korra. Season 1,2,or 3. As it stands, I don't see him winning from his experience in season 1 or 2. As for season 3, I can see that as he became a more seasoned Avatar, but I'd still put my money on Korra. Personally, if you have to compare them by facts and what not I'd advise using this source. http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Avatar_Wiki

I think we are talking about Aang at the end of Season 3 and his showings in LoK flashbacks.
S1,S2 Aang didn't even learn every single element.  S1, he didn't even learn Waterbending til the end of S1.