Follow

Avengers

Team » Avengers appears in 7704 issues.

The Avengers are Earth's mightiest heroes and foremost super-team... "There came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born - to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! Heed the call, then - for now, the Avengers Assemble!"

Do you think the Masters of Evil could work in an Avengers Movie?

• 61 results
    Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
    deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

After watching both seasons of The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, I found myself loving the episodes with the Masters of Evil in it. I just liked the fact that the Avengers would be fighting a team of Super-Villains rather than one main villain and disposable minions(although that was cool too). I also like the idea that depending on how many members are in this team, every Avenger will be busy fighting off a particular foe. I think it could work as Abomination has already been introduced in the Marvel cinematic Universe. Baron Zemo who wasn't seen in "Captain America-The First Avenger" could be portrayed as an obsessed follower who's never met Cap but still wants to kill him for defeating his idol. Crimson Dynamo could randomly attack Avengers Tower to get to Stark only to be rushed by Avengers leading him to get help from the other villains. The Enchantress and Skurge The Executioner could be shown in a flashback fighting Thor and come to Earth for revenge. Chemistro could be a S.H.I.E.L.D agent gone rogue. Wonderman and Living Laser could both be created to stop the Avengers or specifically Iron Man for his technology or his money. What do you think? Could it work. Express your opinions down below. :)

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#2  Edited By TheCannon
    No Caption Provided
    selinaky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By selinaky

I like the Masters of Evil too, but it would be way too many villains to introduce in one film. I'd prefer the Avengers working to fight a central villain (or two).

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Onemoreposter

Absolutely. But it'ed most likely be made up of villains we've already seen or their close friends/relatives. I'm thinking.

• Loki
    • Red Skull
    • Abomination
    • Zebidiah Stane (Son of Obidiah)
    • *insert unnamed evil Black Widow and Hawkeye counterparts*

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Selinaky: That's an excellent point but I feel that since Joss Whedon juggled the number of Avengers charracters successfully I see no problem with him managing this with the Masters of Evil. Hell, Abomination has already been introduced! :D

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By fodigg

Yes, of course, but man, an ensemble cast is hard enough. You'd have to have a clear central villain for an ensemble villainous cast as well. It'd have to be less the "masters of evil" and more "Baron Zemo & friends". Think how they did what was essentially the brotherhood of mutants in X-Men First Class. It was basically Kevin Bacon & friends.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fodigg: Great idea! Oh and instead of Zemo they could make it so Red Skull wasn't killed in "Captain America:The First Avenger", but merely transported to Asgard. There he will ally himself with Skurge and Enchantress. Skurge then uses his axe to transport them to Earth where they free super-villains.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MAZAHS117

Loki, Red Skull, Abomination, Mandarin and Crossbones (recently annouced for Winter Soldier)

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By PowerHerc

Yes, it could work.

Matchstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Matchstick

It could only work if most of the villians have already been introduced in previous movies. If they were all new villians it would just be too much.

TrueMoonchilde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TrueMoonchilde

Yes it could work very well, you just need to introduce the villains properly in the individual movies and I really wish they would've used phase 2 for the masters of evil.

Basically we already have Abomination. Introduce Zemo in Cap 2 and reveal that he's the head of the shadow-organization that Fury was taking orders from (a revived Hyrda basically). Introduce Enchantress and Executioner in Thor 2. In the post-credit scenes show them meeting together. Crimson Dynamo doesn't really need a intro since he's just a guy in a suit, and after the last 2 Iron Man movies I think the general audience can buy that there are other "Iron Man" like characters out there without them needing an intro Use whatever B-lister villains you want as a counter to Hawkeye and Widow. Zemo can create Wonder Man as his secret weapon during the course of the film. Have Ultron (at this point just an advanced bodyless AI like movie Jarvis (created by Hank Pym of course)) play a roll in defeating them, thus setting the stage for Ultron as the big-bad in phase 3.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By Gambit1024

Yes, but they should never actually be called that onscreen, lol

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By FearTheLiving

I could see this happening, but probably a bit more down the line when a couple more stand alone movies come out and introduce some more villains. I don't want them to attempt to introduce them all and shove them into one Avengers movie unless they were at least foreshadowed in the other movies. If anything I want to see some Ant-Man/Wasp and Ultron in the Avengers movie before we get to the Masters of Evil.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jeanroygrant

@PowerHerc said:

Yes, it could work.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By jeanroygrant

@PowerHerc said:

Yes, it could work.

martinphipps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've heard that the villains for Avengers 3 will include

* Abomination

* Leader

* Enchantress

* Skurge the Executioner

* Crossbones

* Batroc the Leaper

* Radioactive Man

They would essentially be taking villains from The Incredible Hulk, Thor: The Dark World and Captain America: Winter Soldier. Radioactive Man, meanwhile, would be played by Wang Xueqi who appeared briefly at the end of Iron Man 3 as the surgeon who took all the shrapnel from Tony's heart. Why he would turn radioactive and want to kill Iron Man is not clear. They could also make the Crimson Dynamo the brother of Ivan Vanko from Iron Man 2. If you recall, Ivan Vanko blew himself up at the end of Iron Man 2 so Mickey Rourke himself can't return even if he wanted to.

Sky_Pirate2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Think Thunderbolts would work better. You know, villains posing as heroes. They could even do a Thunderbolts movie, as a jumping off point: Thunderbolts are introduced, in their own movie, as heroes and we then discover (in the following Avengers movie), that most of them are in fact villains, that are merely posing as good guys.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

for a 3 hour movie sure or for a movie that is done within 3 parts.

Avatar image for monarch_chronicle
    Monarch_Chronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I think it might work if they operated much like the Light in Young Justice where you don't see there faces just their silhouettes cause honestly you would have to find time to develop not only the large protagonist cast of at least 9 (add in Falcon and the Twins) but now 4-8 antagonists as well and it turns into a s*** storm of confusion over screen time. That or we are in for one hell of a long movie that would put Lord of the Rings to Shame. I meant the whole Trilogy.

Avatar image for monarch_chronicle
    Monarch_Chronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Think Thunderbolts would work better. You know, villains posing as heroes. They could even do a Thunderbolts movie, as a jumping off point: Thunderbolts are introduced, in their own movie, as heroes and we then discover (in the following Avengers movie), that most of them are in fact villains, that are merely posing as good guys.

This Could work except the whole comic book community would ruin the surprise for everyone else and the main twist would kinda me lame after that. But i mean i expected Bats back to be broken and it was still epic so idk :(

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monarch_chronicle: That would work I always like it when The Masters are portrayed as equal footing to the Avengers in power and resources.

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes....if done properly. It would take a very good script!

Xalidin8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oh absolutely...is what I'm hoping to see in the Avengers 3. We need Baron Zemo...

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah

PurePower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh hell yeah. I don't see why not. Look at the Avengers, X-Men, FF, Hulk, Cap A, Dare Devil, Superman, Batman, and all the rest of the Marvel Movies. Why wouldn't they? Cuz they are villains? I'm sure they would look the best even in a movie. I would say the hell with it, bring it on lol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@purepower: Imagine complications occurred in the battle. Out of no where they switch who they're fighting, e.g Hulk gets knocked away leaving Hawkeye to fight Abomination.

PurePower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oscars94 said:

@purepower: Imagine complications occurred in the battle. Out of no where they switch who they're fighting, e.g Hulk gets knocked away leaving Hawkeye to fight Abomination.

LOL Yeah, I imagine so. That's how it is in comics. Why not in the movie? Well, the Last Stand had multiple enemies. Again I don't see why not.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

They'd need a good reason to keep the name though.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PurePower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oscars94: Of course it will be awesome. Just can't wait to see that coming.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
    deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

It would be awesome, largely because it'd set the stage for a possible Thunderbolts movie

PurePower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squares said:

It would be awesome, largely because it'd set the stage for a possible Thunderbolts movie

Now THAT would be an excellent movie. Hell yea.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@purepower: What Thunderbolts team would you want to see in the movie?

PurePower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squares said:

@purepower: What Thunderbolts team would you want to see in the movie?

I would rather the original ones. The one that started it all. That's of course, with Jolt and Charcoal in it. That would be awesome.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By tigerkaya

@purepower: Same, though Chacoal isn't likely given Marvel's dispute with the original creator.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lightblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree. The original ones should be the perfect to playing in the movie (since that's how it should translate to the movie "Original"). Though, Thunderbolts have change lately. Too many villains in the team and pretty much useless compared to the origin. Now, in the current team, are pretty much all red. I do like the idea of having Charcoal and Atlas brother (Smuggler) who seems to go perfect with the team. And MAYBE Joystick as well. She seems to be a badass chick, that has the agility, super speed, and using her weapon master (her sticks) and create some kind of blast power. I believe there were a lot of good characters in the team lately, but I'll stick with the original, though.

PurePower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lightblaze: I actually do think that Joystick would be a perfect battle for the Thunderbolts, but I rather the original ones. Though, Smuggler doesn't seem bad, since is Atlas bro.

@tigerkaya: Well that's sucks.

Avatar image for master_of_suprise
    MASTER_OF_SUPRISE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

It could but like many have said you've got to be careful on how you introduce them.

PurePower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It could but like many have said you've got to be careful on how you introduce them.

That is correct, but I'm sure it will work if they do this movie

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes

Lightblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lightblaze: I actually do think that Joystick would be a perfect battle for the Thunderbolts, but I rather the original ones. Though, Smuggler doesn't seem bad, since is Atlas bro.

Well, I believe she is. She was a Thunderbolts and I think one of the best fighter too. She don't need to be strong, or fly, or even popular. In my opinion, she's good to have back.

Poze11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh I don't see why not? Beron is the number 1 villain from the Avengers. This will work on a film. I do believe so. I want to see Moonstone on film. Ha

PurePower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@purepower said:

Well, I believe she is. She was a Thunderbolts and I think one of the best fighter too. She don't need to be strong, or fly, or even popular. In my opinion, she's good to have back.

I guess that your opinion but, I have mine.

@poze11 said:

Oh I don't see why not? Beron is the number 1 villain from the Avengers. This will work on a film. I do believe so. I want to see Moonstone on film. Ha

moonstone will definetely be AWESOME. Hell yeah including Songbird.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#46  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

Seems like a decent idea. It would be a good way to show off characters who couldn't necessarily be the main villain in a film.

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#47  Edited By sora_thekey

What if?...

Each of these characters are introduced in separate movies and then have Enchantress pull the strings of the whole operation as she manipulates this group of men. desparate for some revenge.

I would probably omit Wonder Man though. I like him better as a hero.

Avatar image for moonlighterstone
    Moonlighterstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually not bad idea. I think it could work.

Pizzaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Pizzaman

It would work when they stop killing supervillains in the same movie they debut in.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By THORSON

yes. they would have to alter a lot of things so it can fit.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.