Cobie Smulders Confirms Maria Hill is Returning to Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

During an interview on Jimmy Kimmel Live, actress Cobie Smulders, who plays Maria Hill in the upcoming Avengers: Age of Ultron, revealed that she will be returning to Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. in an upcoming episode.

With Age of Ultron opening on May 1, we're probably guessing Hill will show up on the April 28 episode, entitled "The Dirty Half Dozen," to help promote the movie a little bit more. In that episode, Gonzales and Coulson have to work together to stop a bigger threat, Hydra, even though neither person really trusts each other.

So how will Maria Hill fit into that? Is she going to have a major part in that or any other episode or just a cameo? One thing that is cool, which Smulders mentions in the clip is that she is the bridge between the television and film universes for the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Now, can we find a way to work her into the upcoming Jessica Jones show please?

Leave1942

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Cool, love her!

My first thought, however, was that she'd show up AFTER Ultron drops, as a way to kind of explain the fallout to the show audience.

Avatar image for superior_prime_maybe
    superior_prime_maybe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I wonder if there will ever be a crossover between this and the netflix shows

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

well, HIMYM is over, her schedule's open

BlueEcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 13

They should just make her a series regular now that she is not attached to any other shows.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By FearTheLiving

@blueecho said:

They should just make her a series regular now that she is not attached to any other shows.

Well she's working for Stark so as of now doesn't make much sense for her to be a regular, but if/when she joins back up into the SHIELD fold I agree.

As for her coming back, I'm cool with it I was hoping we'd get a confirmation on one of the Avengers making an appearance *cough* maybe a certain archer *cough* though.

BlueEcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 13

@feartheliving: They are talking about a new SHIELD series, so maybe she shows up there more often? I think though that Age of Ultron will among other things, re-establish SHIELD so that it doesn't have to hide anymore.

Mr. Kamikaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Mr. Kamikaze

I want Maria Hill to be the director, already. None of this Coulson or Gonzales nonsense.

HomoSuperior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She should have been a regular on the show since its beginning, not just these random guest star appearances. Hill's already under utilised in the movies as it is.

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

I love Colby (fellow Canadian so she's awesome) but am I the only person who didn't love her as Maria Hill? To me she doesn't seem serious or tough enough but maybe I've been brainwashed by HIMYM.

That being said, I think her character would fit perfectly into AoS or whatever spinoff they come up with. I mean if she's going to become the director or SHIELD she otta help rebuild it no?

killraven4334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will never understand why they made Coulson, a character that didn't exist before the movies and is incredible dumb in the movies getting gibbed by Loki easily, and allowed that person to become a major player instead the most prominent female shield agent from the comics, Maria Hill.

HomoSuperior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By HomoSuperior

@killraven4334: Because fans enjoyed the character, so Marvel actually listened to the fans and made him more prominent with some bad resurrection story (similar to CW character assassinating Felicity in Arrow due to the Oliver romance).

killraven4334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killraven4334: Because fans enjoyed the character, so Marvel actually listened to the fans and made him more prominent with some bad resurrection story (similar to CW character assassinating Felicity in Arrow due to the Oliver romance).

yeah, I really did not like the character, but then again I haven't liked SHIELD since they decided to remove the iconic aspects of Nick Fury (hair, cigar, drop-leg holster) and replace him with a modified ultimate version of fury, I am probably the only person on the planet that doesnt like Samuel L jackson playing fury. Also I really never enjoyed them making SHIELD more prominent in the comics, the idea that there had to be some sort of human government like organization montioring and attempting to oversea powered people always bugged me. Of course this was done to reign in the vigilantee aspects of heroes, but it never sat well with me. I was a hardcore X-Men fan, the government was the bad guy, Sentinels were bad, Mutant Registration was akin to Nazi Jewish regristration, then writers like Millar parade out the Shield and the SRA like they are the good guys. Have you ever read the hardcover version of civil war with all the extras, Mark Millar said something along the lines of this,'if there were super powered people in real life he would be among those going to congress to demand they all register' he was also shocked that others didn't automatically see Tony's side as the good guys and didn't appreciate how other writers demonized him in the tie ins.

So as you can see, I was never going to be on team Shield, but Maria Hill was the strong female leader that Marvel had going for them, and I was simply surprised to have her take a backseat to a relative no name actor playing a made for the movies character.

KingKS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ohhhhhh.....so it's cool to post casting updates for AOS but not episode reviews......wow, talk about bisas.....smh

HomoSuperior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

killraven4334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yeah, man, If i get some time this weekend I will scan a few pages of the extras and post them on this thread, I lost all respect for Millar after reading it.

Avatar image for infinityomelette
    InfinityOmelette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yeah, man, If i get some time this weekend I will scan a few pages of the extras and post them on this thread, I lost all respect for Millar after reading it.

It's not about losing respect for Millar. Just remember... one mans hero is another man's villain. (Personally, I'd be in the basements hiding with Cap and Cage. ;) )

Still one of the best plot ideas in the past 20 years from marvel. :)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.