Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8808 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Is Diana The Strongest Female In DC?

AQD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By AQD

I've always thought she was the strongest, but then I hear people telling me that Power Girl and Supergirl have the same super strength as Diana. Is she the strongest?

EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By EdwardWindsor
    @AQD:  i was under the impression powergril was the strongest
    Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By Kallarkz
    Either her or Big Barda. I think you will find advocates for both on this site.
    TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By TheGoldenOne

If you factor in all categories like speed, durability, fighting skill, reaction speed, strength, and experience, i think she is the strongest.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By cattlebattle
    @lazystudent said:
    " @AQD:  i was under the impression powergril was the strongest "
    yes
    PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By PowerHerc

DC states she is, but I think it should be Power Girl (who is actually a full-grown woman - in case no one noticed).
    TheThe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheThe

Yes she is.

No Caption Provided

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By Gambit1024

Tough call. If not her, then it's most definitely Power Girl.

Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Thor's hammmer

Barda, Maxima, power girl all may be stronger.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By AtPhantom
    @TheGoldenOne said:
    " If you factor in all categories like speed, durability, fighting skill, reaction speed, strength, and experience, i think she is the strongest. "
    This.
    Supergirl and a few others are possibly stronger as sheer strength goes.

Power Girl, however, shouldn't be one of them. I've seen nothing suggesting that she approaches them in strength.
    azza04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By azza04

Wonder Woman is the most powerful female hero on Earth. But I think it's been said that Supergirl will become stronger than her in the future. If that's true you have to think Power Girl will be physically stronger as well.  

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By AtPhantom
    @azza04 said:
    "If that's true you have to think Power Girl will be physically stronger as well.   "
    No, you really don't.
    azza04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By azza04
    @AtPhantom: Yeah I think you really do.
    AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By AtPhantom
    @azza04 said:
    " @AtPhantom: Yeah I think you really do. "
    No you don't. You would if there was any pattern and relation between them. There isn't. There's the same race from completely different universes. There is nothing about the one that is necessarily true about the other.
    azza04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By azza04
    @AtPhantom said:
    " @azza04 said:
    " @AtPhantom: Yeah I think you really do. "
    No you don't. You would if there was any pattern and relation between them. There isn't. There's the same race from completely different universes. There is nothing about the one that is necessarily true about the other. "
    What? they are the same person from alternate Earth's. I think that's a pretty strong relation between the two.
    AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By AtPhantom
    @azza04 said:
    "What? they are the same person from alternate Earth's. I think that's a pretty strong relation between the two. "
    Well, it's not. One version of the character does not have to share the powers of another version. This is evident in DCU time and time again.
    azza04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By azza04
    @AtPhantom said:
    " @azza04 said:
    "What? they are the same person from alternate Earth's. I think that's a pretty strong relation between the two. "
    Well, it's not. One version of the character does not have to share the powers of another version. This is evident in DCU time and time again. "
    Yeah but in this case they do. Their power sets are exactly the same. As I understand it Kryptonian's get more powerful the longer they are near a yellow sun. I can see no reason why this should apply for Supergirl but not Power Girl.
    shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By shanana

It's a toss up between PG and WW; they've fought before and WW was able to subdue her but I don't think it was a definitive whose stronger. I do think both characters lose merits to their names "POWER GIRL and WONDER WOMAN" when they get matched up against someone and fight to a stalemate

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By AtPhantom
    @azza04 said:
    "Yeah but in this case they do. Their power sets are exactly the same. As I understand it Kryptonian's get more powerful the longer they are near a yellow sun. I can see no reason why this should apply for Supergirl but not Power Girl. "
    That doesn't mean hey can develop to the same measure. Remember that Superman-2 has only just been able to fight modern Superman, despite the 50 years head start on gathering solar power he had. Remember also that Supergirl has overpowered Power Girl in every encounter they had, IIRC. Remember also that NOWHERE has it ever been stated or even suggested that Power girl could be a match for Superman or Wonder woman.
    Mechanical_Ape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Mechanical_Ape

Power Girl and Wonder Woman have fought. Power Girl hit Wonder Woman hard enough to send to flying into another country. The rest of the fight was basically just a back and forth. They seemed pretty equal actually. She was also strong enough to lift a crashing spaceship that was described as large enough to destroy Manhattan. I'm not sure exactly how big that would be, but it made her looks like an ant in comparison.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By AtPhantom
    @Mechanical_Ape said:

" Power Girl and Wonder Woman have fought. Power Girl hit Wonder Woman hard enough to send to flying into another country. The rest of the fight was basically just a back and forth. They seemed pretty equal actually. She was also strong enough to lift a crashing spaceship that was described as large enough to destroy Manhattan. I'm not sure exactly how big that would be, but it made her looks like an ant in comparison. "

A spaceship? Heavens, that is massive. I mean it's not like Superman and Wonder woman have moved planets or anything... :P

That bit of sarcasm aside, If the you're referring to is from the Wonder Woman series, I'm pretty sure Diana wasn't actually trying to fight her, so I wouldn't use it as a definitive proof of anything.
    Vitality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Vitality

They have all been written differently.

In my opinion though...it's always Diana.

azza04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By azza04
    @AtPhantom: I don't agree, but I can see where you're coming from.
    shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By shanana

Well let's see.

In SG #1 Kara herself states that Karen is indeed STRONGER
    No Caption Provided

Batman backs Kara's merit up by saying she may be on par with superman
    No Caption Provided

Wonder Woman vs Superman
    No Caption Provided
    PG vs Blue moon who states she is stronger than SM 
    No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

The bullets that bounce off PG; hurt WW
    No Caption Provided
    PG lives up to the family moniker of being faster than a speeding bullet.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    Now i do think, Wonder Woman is the strongest Female in the DCU; but PG's attacks are so much more versitle than that of Diana. If these Two fought Three times, I'd give Diana two wins though.
    AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By AtPhantom

Let's just go through this a bit.
    @Sha said:

" Well let's see.
    In SG #1 Kara herself states that Karen is indeed STRONGER"
    While Karen's powers are out of control due to Kara's presence... Definitive evidence this is not.

"Batman backs Kara's merit up by saying she may be on par with superman"
    Later revealed to be complete nonsense.

" Wonder Woman vs Superman"
    Evidently not just Superman. Also, irrelevant.

"PG vs Blue moon who states she is stronger than SM "
    Unsubstantiated boasting.

"The bullets that bounce off PG; hurt WW"
    Irrelevant. WW has always lacked invulnerability. That's the entire point behind those bracelets.

"PG lives up to the family moniker of being faster than a speeding bullet."
    ...No problem with that, though I'm pretty sure Diana makes PG look like a monkey right after that middle scan. The third scan has Power girl evidently possessed by something.
    mark5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By mark5
    @AtPhantom: Well during the fight with Wonder Woman, WW stated that she was at LEAST as fast and as strong as her. She subdued her due to fighting skill and technique just like small built martial artists are about to handle, outmaneuver and deadlock opponents who seem stronger or larger than them, case in point Karate Kid when dealing with krptonians.  

When speaking of actual lifting, pulling strength her best is Ultra-Humanite's ship. Manhattan island was dwarfed by the size of the ship and she stopped it from falling. I agree her lifting feats are lacking but like CM and BA her ability to keep up with heavy weights in the DC universe. I've never seen BA lift a planet but he sure can handle superman like a pro. See my point?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a77aa5e0a324
    deactivated-5a77aa5e0a324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While Power girl and Supergirl are both powerful, I think Kara is the stronger of the two.  She's been able to subdue PG more than once, and it's been stated the Kara might be more powerful than Superman because she metabolizes yellow sunlight at a higher rate.  Going off the fact that PG isn't as strong as superman, I'd say this makes Kara the stronger of the two of them.  This might even make Kara stronger than WW.  However, despite the fact that Kara may be stronger, I still think WW is the most powerful if we're including speed, stamina, battle training and knowledge, etc.

Avatar image for gundamheavyarms
    GundamHeavyarms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By GundamHeavyarms

Hmm, Id say that Wonder Woman is the strongest.  As for number two, Id have to give it to Power Girl, seeing as how she is fully developed and Supergirl is still a teenager.  Yes its been said that Kara might be stronger than Superman, but it only seems that way because Superman said that he's had to hold back in order to avoid killing people, he's been doing it so long its become a reflex, where Kara has been running at full tilt from the get-go.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#29  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

The answer is yes.

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#30  Edited By MrDirector786

I don't think she's the absolute most powerful, but she's one of the strongest females in DC.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#31  Edited By HolySerpent
    @Sha said:
    " It's a toss up between PG and WW; they've fought before and WW was able to subdue her but I don't think it was a definitive whose stronger. I do think both characters lose merits to their names "POWER GIRL and WONDER WOMAN" when they get matched up against someone and fight to a stalemate "
    windiebird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#32  Edited By windiebird

I think you run into the issue of the Kryptonian vs. magic issue in this question. For pretty self-evident storytelling reasons, they don't want to limit the powers (and subsequently the possibilities) for characters too specifically. You always want to show your characters heroically struggling and all that.

However, even if PG were at like All-Star Superman levels of yellow sun radiation, I think there would be a way for Diana to magically defeat her. While PG might have the potential to be physically stronger than Diana in some cases, I think Wonder Woman is (and should be) the strongest DC woman if not all around person. I am partial to the idea of her being a queenly/mother figure to the whole DCU though =)

AFArtist1973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#33  Edited By AFArtist1973

OK, let's recap...  Some people say WW is more powerful than PG and SG, others believe SG is stronger than both because she's still growing (no pun intended), and other think PG is stronger.

Fact #1:  WW is as strong as Hercules if not a bit stronger, and a mistress of warfare and combat.  She has over 2 decades of combat training under her belt, err... girdle.  Superman has been shown capable to defeat Herc and Diana in single combat.  It is only because he was once mind-controlled in Superman: Sacrifice that Diana got the upper hand against him. 
    Fact #2: SG is still growing in her strength and powers, and has not been truly tested in combat techniques, even though she has been taught by Amazons for a short time!  As a Kryptonian, her power levels are expected to grow up to Superman Class levels when she's older.  Plus, she's not inclined to hold back being an angst ridden teenager, so she's pretty much demonstrated all that she is right now.
    Fact #3: PG is from an alternate universe (Earth-2) whose power levels were almost as vast as Kal-L , however, due to the Crisis on Infinite Earths, her power levels were decreased to far less than Pre-Crisis strength, but still is Kryptonian, and therefore stronger than WW.  And it was stated that Earth-2 Superman was stronger than Kal-El during Infinite Crisis, ergo, Power Girl should be stronger than Supergirl.  Her fighting techniques are not greater than WW, which I term PG's style as bar brawling/scrapping.  That would give WW a distinct advantage.  Being able to lift greater weights doesn't mean you can inflict the most damage.  ADVANTAGE to WW for a fight, but not in strength.

So, recap from this...  Supergirl and Power Girl's strength should eventually cap out sometime, but WW is already at her peak.  Hate to say it, but PG's the strongest.

My two cents... Jim

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#34  Edited By Deranged Midget

Supergirl is stated to be as strong as Superman when he is holding back. Kara has no experience with her powers and never holds back. That's why she appears so powerful. Superman spent his whole life holding back his powers to fit in, to feel normal.

Back to the topic at hand. Wonder Woman is most likely the strongest female in the DCU. She has many feats to prove it. Powergirl seems to be on par but Wonder Woman always makes her look like a joke at the end of the fight.
    Avatar image for unbreakable_bracelets
    Unbreakable Bracelets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know why there is a comparison between Wonder Woman and Power Girl.If you compare their feats Wonder Woman is obviously stronger.There is nothing to debate.
    @Sha said:

Now i do think, Wonder Woman is the strongest Female in the DCU; but PG's attacks are so much more versitle than that of Diana. If these Two fought Three times, I'd give Diana two wins though.
    Seeing as how Batman stated that Diana was the best melee fighter and the world and she is factually one of the best in the DCU and not to mention she has all of Power Girl's abilities plus more I can't really see how Powergirl's attacks are more "versatile".
    TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#36  Edited By TDK_1997

She,Power Girl or Big Barda

WW-Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#37  Edited By WW-Fan

Wonder Woman is the most powerful female superhero! she can tottaly kick Power girl's and Super girls ass! she has allready actully! and She is much stronger then Big Barda! and she also has most Stamina! she can fight forever
    lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#38  Edited By lorex

The way I have looked at it is in terms of raw physical power, then Power Girl and Supergirl are easily the strongest, the Kryptonian heritage and all. Now what sets Wonder Woman apart is her fighting skill combined with her own natural abilities, which are still
    quite powerful. In a knock down drag out brawl I think Wonder Woman would emerge the winner.

WW-Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#39  Edited By WW-Fan
    @AFArtist1973 said:
    OK, let's recap...  Some people say WW is more powerful than PG and SG, others believe SG is stronger than both because she's still growing (no pun intended), and other think PG is stronger.Fact #1:  WW is as strong as Hercules if not a bit stronger, and a mistress of warfare and combat.  She has over 2 decades of combat training under her belt, err... girdle.  Superman has been shown capable to defeat Herc and Diana in single combat.  It is only because he was once mind-controlled in Superman: Sacrifice that Diana got the upper hand against him.  Fact #2: SG is still growing in her strength and powers, and has not been truly tested in combat techniques, even though she has been taught by Amazons for a short time!  As a Kryptonian, her power levels are expected to grow up to Superman Class levels when she's older.  Plus, she's not inclined to hold back being an angst ridden teenager, so she's pretty much demonstrated all that she is right now.Fact #3: PG is from an alternate universe (Earth-2) whose power levels were almost as vast as Kal-L , however, due to the Crisis on Infinite Earths, her power levels were decreased to far less than Pre-Crisis strength, but still is Kryptonian, and therefore stronger than WW.  And it was stated that Earth-2 Superman was stronger than Kal-El during Infinite Crisis, ergo, Power Girl should be stronger than Supergirl.  Her fighting techniques are not greater than WW, which I term PG's style as bar brawling/scrapping.  That would give WW a distinct advantage.  Being able to lift greater weights doesn't mean you can inflict the most damage.  ADVANTAGE to WW for a fight, but not in strength.So, recap from this...  Supergirl and Power Girl's strength should eventually cap out sometime, but WW is already at her peak.  Hate to say it, but PG's the strongest.My two cents... Jim

well today WW is much stronger then Hercules!
    Avatar image for ultimatewarrior123
    ultimatewarrior123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonderwoman is in the top 5 I think:  

People that are stronger than her Physically:  

Number 1: She is "Too Strong, She's TOO STRONG BY MILES" 

Number 2: Blue Moon: 

As strong as superman:

Powergirl: 

Overpowered Wonderwoman in their fight, and Wonderwoman says "She is AT LEAST as strong and as fast as I am" 

I think Wonderwoman is very close to powergirl so she is roughly 4th in strength. 

But is number 1 overall due to her unrivalled skill. She is able to beat those who are Physically stronger than her.

SecretKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By SecretKnight

Ummmmm, WW is in Trinity and can stand up to anybody she is in my opinion the Strongest Female Superhero of Marvel or DC. Hands down. Powergirl is strong but with WW's lasso, braclets, and tiara, and her training in combat she wins.
    Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Timandm

I got the following from the DC / Wikia database...  http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Wonder_Woman_%28Diana_Prince%29

Superhuman Strength: Granted by Demeter (Goddess of the Earth). Diana is literally as strong as the Earth because of her link to the planet granted to her by Demeter. She is said to be 'stronger than Hercules'. It is obvious her strength is magical in nature, given her height and weight. Wonder Woman is known to be one of the strongest beings in the DCU, generally shown to be nearly in the same class as Superman himself and to physically over-match other beings such as Supergirl without too much effort. She is considered to be the strongest superheroine in the world. After Superman, she is the strongest superhero in the DCU.  She has godlike strength and also invulnerability due to her aegis-made shield magic bracelets. With her superhuman strength and superior fighting abilities, she has proven to be able to take on any other member of the Justice League in combat. In the events of Justice League: League of One, she was able to defeat even the other six main members through a combination of planning and power in order to save their lives and the world. She is strong enough to lift weights well into the megaton range and even pull 1/3 of the earth.

The same database does say that Power Girl has strength on a PAR with Super Man:

Superhuman Strength: Her physical strength appears to be on a par with that of Superman and Supergirl. Her powers can be suppressed by red solar radiation. It has been implied, though not yet specifically shown, that like Superman, she can sun-dip and supercharge her powers. 

But "on a par with Super-Man" doesn't necessarily mean EQUAL to that of Super-Man...

So, it seems fairly straightforward here...  Diana is the strongest Female in the DC universe, but Power Girl and Super Girl have to be pretty darn close to her strength level...

Avatar image for ultimatewarrior123
    ultimatewarrior123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Timandm:  

Wikipedia is wrong because Wonderwoman has stated that she was weaker than somebody by miles in strength. She also stated that she is almost equal to Powergirl, implying that Powergirl was stronger, and also Blue moon is equal to superman in strength, Wonderwoman admits superman is stronger than her, so it is straight forward, Wonderwoman is not the strongest. 

She is "Too Strong, She's TOO STRONG BY MILES" 

How can Wonderwoman be the strongest. 

Blue moon is as strong as superman:

If Powergirl is at the very least equal to wonderwoman in strength and speed, how is wonderwoman stronger?

@SecretKnight: 

Wonderwoman being in the trinity is nothing to do with her strength, it is mostly that she is the major superheroine of DC

But to both of you, Wonderwoman Beats ANY woman the majority of the time, because of her SKILL, E.g. I prefer powergirl as I like kryptonians, but Powergirl was easily restrained using skill and so was Supergirl. 

See she may not have made PG bleed, as PG did to her, but she is still the boss. She was able to use her BRAIN, and restrain her to get PG to come to her senses. 

So WW is the best at her job, even if she is only 3rd out of an infinite number of women in DC  ; - )

Avatar image for killer_of_trolls
    Killer_of_trolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Killer_of_trolls

NO, it's Maxima you noobs!

that bitch beat up both Orion and Doomsday like little babies, and temperarly made superman her sex-slave.

Maxima the Empress of Almerac
    Maxima the Empress of Almerac
    Avatar image for deactivated-5a77aa5e0a324
    deactivated-5a77aa5e0a324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think most of the scans of PG fighting WW can be used as actual evidence based on two important reasons. 
    1) PG is possessed, which leads me to think that she is not in complete control of her powers and is using fighting tactics she may not normally use.  The possessor may also be pushing PG to use all her strength.  True, she hit Wondy with some cool stuff, but considering WW still subdued her means it wasn't enough. 
    2) WW doesn't want to fight Karen so it's not exactly like she's trying to "win".

YoungThriller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By YoungThriller

No,pre-crisis supergirl,or power girl.

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Timandm
    @ultimatewarrior123: So... under a fullmoon, Blue Moon is as strong as Super Man...  Which WOULD make her stronger than Wonder Woman...  How strong is she when NOT under a full moon?
    WDW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By WDW

I think Comic Vine needs to define the term STRONGER with regards to superheros. It's thrown around a lot on this sight and in most cases does not have much relevance.
    Its better to think of powergirl supergirl superman etc to be in the same physical strength class and leave it at that.

Whoever has the most skill in battle is going to win in any kind pure combat fight. The difference in strength is negligible.

with regard to physical strength as in who can lift the most Wonder Woman is not the strongest.  With regard to every other kind of strength like strength of character, intellectual strength, Strength of will ETC Wonder Woman wins hands down.

mark5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By mark5
    @ultimatewarrior123: Nice post but how would Jay Garrick know how strong superman is to compare her strength with just a punch? Just shenanigans. 
    Shadowdoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Shadowdoggy

she may not be the technical strongest, but she's the toughest overall IMO

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.