Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8602 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Any lifting feat for Thor?

• 85 results
    Biggest_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Biggest_D

I been looking around and I don't think I have found anything besides this ones

which I'm not sure if he is thowing there a piece of core or just unstable matter. If we say it is a piece of death star core or white dwarf

NASA - One Weird Type of Star Acts Like Another

if a teaspoon which is 132 mm is 15 tons, then that rock which is around the size of a 3 month baby, easily more, which would be 627.38 mm, then that's easily a 71.2931818 tons feat meaning. Not calculating the throwing effort, running effort and the fact that Thor was lifting it with one hand while other gods appear to have trouble with it.

No Caption Provided

Holding and mending a moon together with lightning, again, I don't know if take it like that, since he does has powers that help him control the earth, I don't know if that applies to moons as well. Even if it doesn't then it would be still a feat 8.09942316 × 1019 short tons at best.

There is the time he lifted the biggest mountain of Jotumheim. A feat of at best Billions of tons

What would the estimated weight of Mount Everest be? - Quora

Weight of a mountain? | Yahoo Answers

unless is bigger than the Mount Everest.

And the feat of Thor lifting Asgard, a nice feat since he was tired of fighting a super skrull with the power of Beta Ray Bill, but is still a feat of billions of tons at best if we compare it to Manhathan

How Much Does Manhattan Weigh?

So, up to now we can see that more or less he is easily in the billions of tons. But my question is, does Thor has any actual feat since Post Ragnarok that actually puts him even close to his Pre Ragnarok? I mean, he does can shatter planets and moons

No Caption Provided

That much is still as a part of his abilities when he pounds as hard as he can at the very least. But that's all with the hammer

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

I mean, does Thor has any feats that puts him on planet lv strength besides breaking planets and overpowering the Hulk with Mjolnir in the modern continuity? Since he was revived in 2007?

Biggest_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Biggest_D

So... do i take this are all? there isn't really any feat besides the one using Mjolnir to shatter the planets and overpower Hulk to put modern Thor on planet lv?

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Spambot

@biggest_d: There is no modern Thor per se. Writers prob think his past lifting feats suffice to establish his general strength level which is all those kinds of feats are generally good for. Good writers don't write stories with the idea of putting those kinds of feats in them. That's what is associated with bad silver age writing where you see things like Superman tugging a chain wrapped around 50 planets through the universe just so kids can be like 'wow, Superman is so strong!'.

Biggest_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Biggest_D

@spambot: I actually doubt that, his current power lv, with or without Mjolnir has changed incredibly from the past, since he came back he has had a incredible amount of feats that make him do things he couldn't do in the past or don't do things he couldn't do in the past. There is clearly a different way of seeing Thor now than there was on the past. It has been shown in many comics. It maybe because of a new concept of Thor or because with every ragnarok the asgardians change a bit but Thor is not equal as he was in the past.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Spambot

@biggest_d: I think that's your own view based on that belief. imo its always been about how the writer sees him to a large degree just as it is with Odin. I don't think there is always some company wide view of exactly how powerful all of Marvel's characters are at a certain time. Its not that exact of a thing. Writers just write stories and feats kind of come out of that. Some writers are more into big feats than others are. Thor prob isn't perceived as powerful now as he was in the silver age by Marvel but I would say its the same as he was from the 70's. Its easy to use post Ragnarok as recent way to say he is different now since Asgard disappeared and Thor went on hiatus but all he did is die which he has done many times before. Logically there's no reason why we should consider him any different from the pre Ragnarok Thor imo. He's also died 2 or 3 times even since Ragnarok.

Biggest_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot said:

@biggest_d: I think that's your own view based on that belief.

Could be, but it would explain the sudden drop of Thor's power lv.

imo its always been about how the writer sees him to a large degree just as it is with Odin.

It would be but that would be the way he is written, sometimes as a god, a hero or a prince, but that's about the difference, if you check since he came back in the 2007, he has been consistent in most of his feats, and he has been writted by different writters. In fact he is shown a clear limit on his physical strength, and at the contrary of in his Pre Ragnarok, he currently is treated as a rag doll by beings on the lv of Hulk.

I don't think there is always some company wide view of exactly how powerful all of Marvel's characters are at a certain time. Its not that exact of a thing. Writers just write stories and feats kind of come out of that. Some writers are more into big feats than others are. Thor prob isn't perceived as powerful now as he was in the silver age by Marvel but I would say its the same as he was from the 70's.

Doubt it, even in the 80's he could do stuff like blow up planets and destroy stars, currently he can only shattered when he is hammering as hard as he can.

Its easy to use post Ragnarok as recent way to say he is different now since Asgard disappeared and Thor went on hiatus but all he did is die which he has done many times before. Logically there's no reason why we should consider him any different from the pre Ragnarok Thor imo. He's also died 2 or 3 times even since Ragnarok.

Not exactly, every Ragnarok brings new power lvs on the gods and new changes, you can see that clearly in the pre Marvel Thor, who is officially called Pre Ragnarok Thor

Thor Odinson (Pre-Ragnarok) (Earth-616) - Marvel Database - Wikia

There are clear differences between each asgadians. Marvel are trying to writter Thor as bound still by physics (most of the time), at the contrary of his Classic Thor. Who could still do anything he wants. There are certainly way too many differences in the way he is written in the Classic Age and his current Age

Thor and Hulk: What really happened and what would really happen

Is true that Hulk had a increment on power in his Post Sakaar, is clearly seen, but the writters have give Thor more limits than the ones he had. Same with Odin. He is a skyfather lv, but he is no longer capable of fighting against cosmic entitties like Eternity or Infinity. He is no longer writted as this wise god, but mostly a warrior god-king.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Spambot

@biggest_d: Regarding busting planets, that is something he's only done like a few times and it was once during B&T when it looked more like a large asteroid and then again during GoT when the shockwaves from his swings a lone was busting moons which imo is as good as almost any striking feat he had in pre Ragnarok. Its also worth noting as far as the Ragnarok cycles go that the Thor which existed in the cycle before classic age Thor looked quite different from the one we know while this current Thor looks very similar to the classic one. I wouldn't say he is ragdolled by Hulk level beings either. He literally fought Silver Surfer to a standstill and busted up Galactus since JMS, fought Void without taking significant damage and killed a Builder in one shot and endured the godbomb. I could prob think of some other feats also if I really wanted to. I'm just saying imo I don't see them as being much different and I don't think writers are really trying to consciously downgrade him from what he was in his classic days. I think that is just a view that some people are espousing due to lack of great feats but keep in mind he had 40 years worth before the last Ragnarok compared to 9 since and he had the OF for the first few years so those don't even count for him.

Biggest_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot said:

@biggest_d: Regarding busting planets, that is something he's only done like a few times and it was once during B&T when it looked more like a large asteroid and then again during GoT when the shockwaves from his swings a lone was busting moons which imo is as good as almost any striking feat he had in pre Ragnarok.

Yeah, but the difference is Thor didn't do it with one single punch. In the classic age he devastated the planet with a single stroke that destroy part of Exitar's armor. A Celestial before that, had taken a planet pulverizing punch. Oh and did I forget to say it was a weakened Thor?

Its also worth noting as far as the Ragnarok cycles go that the Thor which existed in the cycle before classic age Thor looked quite different from the one we know while this current Thor looks very similar to the classic one.

True, but one was made for the end of times and the other was made for escape Ragnarok.

I wouldn't say he is ragdolled by Hulk level beings either.

Every time Savage Hulk gets him, is a one-shot, the only time he hasn't been defeated was when he fought Null, though we don't know if is Savage or Green Scar.

He literally fought Silver Surfer to a standstill and busted up Galactus since JMS, fought Void without taking significant damage and killed a Builder in one shot and endured the godbomb

He didn't really fought SS to a stand still, SS wasn't trying to fight him like at all. He was mostly trying to reason with him. Void's attacks weren't that many that can be said could do much damage to Thor, remember he had already killed Ares, in a What If? Sentry destroyed Thor, because he had rested after killing Ares. The Galactus feat is a good one, but it was mostly using the hammer to Bulrush him. Does Builders have any feat? And God Bomb was because the gods were praying to him.

. I could prob think of some other feats also if I really wanted to.

Don't bother

Thor Odinson Respect Thread

Those are some of the best feats modern Thor has.

I'm just saying imo I don't see them as being much different and I don't think writers are really trying to consciously downgrade him from what he was in his classic days.

It certainly seems that way, in the classic times Thor had nearly infinite strength and could rock the world of other god like beings without any problem. Now he struggles to fight them.

I think that is just a view that some people are espousing due to lack of great feats but keep in mind he had 40 years worth before the last Ragnarok compared to 9 since and he had the OF for the first few years so those don't even count for him.

The Odinforce is mostly increasing magic, doesn't really give him a higher durability. I believe we can see that perfectly fine when King Thor, Thor and Young Thor were practically equal when fighting Gor.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Spambot

@biggest_d: I don't recall him ever busting a planet while fighting Exitar. Some of these Hulk fights I'd need to see scans of since I am not familiar with all of them but all in all while he's had a few low showings against herald type beings I think he's done ok overall. I don't even take the whole 'surfer wasn't trying' arguments seriously because I see them used in every fight he doesn't win. Surfer was fighting and even said he was done fooling around at one point in their fight. What if's also are not canon so no point in bringing them up imo.

"It certainly seems that way, in the classic times Thor had nearly infinite strength and could rock the world of other god like beings without any problem. Now he struggles to fight them."

That's more a reference to silver age Thor than anything else imo. I have read nearly all of Thor's comics going back to the late 60's and honestly don't see that much difference except he prob jobs a bit more now but I could list plenty of low showings for him prior to 2007 which were there mainly for plot reasons.

"The Odinforce is mostly increasing magic, doesn't really give him a higher durability. I believe we can see that perfectly fine when King Thor, Thor and Young Thor were practically equal when fighting Gor."

The OF does without a doubt help physicals including durability. Odin uses it to amp himself quite often and Thor explicitly stated while fighting Bor that were it not for the OF he would have died early on in their fight because of how hard Bor hits. We also see him surviving a disintegration blast from the Destroyer with little damage while he had the OF which regular Thor is not capable of doing.

Biggest_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot said:

@biggest_d: I don't recall him ever busting a planet while fighting Exitar.

i said debastate, not destroy.

Some of these Hulk fights I'd need to see scans of since I am not familiar with all of them but all in all while he's had a few low showings against herald type beings I think he's done ok overall.

most of the time when thor fight a herald lv, he defeat them (in the pre ragnarok) but since 2007 he has only fought SS once, and it wasn't much a fight really.

I don't even take the whole 'surfer wasn't trying' arguments seriously because I see them used in every fight he doesn't win. Surfer was fighting and even said he was done fooling around at one point in their fight. What if's also are not canon so no point in bringing them up imo.

Oh, he was trying, he bullrushed him and defended himself, but Thor was the one making the threads and going for the win.

"It certainly seems that way, in the classic times Thor had nearly infinite strength and could rock the world of other god like beings without any problem. Now he struggles to fight them."

That's more a reference to silver age Thor than anything else imo. I have read nearly all of Thor's comics going back to the late 60's and honestly don't see that much difference except he prob jobs a bit more now but I could list plenty of low showings for him prior to 2007 which were there mainly for plot reasons.

i'm mostly refering to the blood and thunder arc, the time he moved the weight of the words, etc.

"The Odinforce is mostly increasing magic, doesn't really give him a higher durability. I believe we can see that perfectly fine when King Thor, Thor and Young Thor were practically equal when fighting Gor."

The OF does without a doubt help physicals including durability. Odin uses it to amp himself quite often and Thor explicitly stated while fighting Bor that were it not for the OF he would have died early on in their fight because of how hard Bor hits. We also see him surviving a disintegration blast from the Destroyer with little damage while he had the OF which regular Thor is not capable of doing.

Yes, he even says, that his ribs were cracking so is mostly a amp in longlivity, but it doesn't really incrase his strength and pwoer, Odin in the pre ragnarok times could use it to increase them, but we have never seen Thor actually doing it by himself. actually, I don't know if you follow the current Thor run but

the current Thor can

and Odinson and Odinson's mother

ThorOdinson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ThorOdinson24

Classic and modern Thor are the same even modern Thor comic when he was in hell or whatever trying to pull that sword out and called upon his mother Gaea cause Thor said "even the strength to wrestle the midgard serpent's grip off earth" wasn't enough to pull the sword out. So classic to present unworthy Thor is the same 616 Thor. Plus whatever Jane lifts is cause of Thor's strength that Mjolnir grants her.

Also I wouldn't count on Aaron for feats he said he is more focus on story than feats.

Biggest_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Classic and modern Thor are the same even modern Thor comic when he was in hell or whatever trying to pull that sword out and called upon his mother Gaea cause Thor said "even the strength to wrestle the midgard serpent's grip off earth" wasn't enough to pull the sword out. So classic to present unworthy Thor is the same 616 Thor. Plus whatever Jane lifts is cause of Thor's strength that Mjolnir grants her.

scan, bc i just check and it wasn't even mentioned.

Also I wouldn't count on Aaron for feats he said he is more focus on story than feats.

also scan.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Spambot

@biggest_d: I don't recall him devastating an entire planet either. Honestly I recall all of those fights and what I remember him doing is using a thermoblast which ripped up a few mountains. Current Thor could easily do that if a writer wanted him to use a thermoblast. Some writers simply don't recall all the things Thor can do with or without Mjolnir. Everyone knows Thor was amped to some degree during b&t so using that as a baseline for classic Thor is a bit extreme since he was more powerful there than at almost any time in his history. He has even lost to weak heralds prior to that as when he lost to Airwalker the first time they fought back in the 70's. Regarding those scans, I am not sure the Destroyer was actually using its disintegration blast there but regular Thor should not be able to survive it nor should Freja. That is just bad writing if Aaron confirmed it was the Destroyer's disintegration blast since its been said it can kill even Odin and the Destroyer does have many different types of blasts it can use. So I would assume it was a less powerful blast it used there.

Biggest_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Biggest_D
    @spambot said:

@biggest_d: I don't recall him devastating an entire planet either. Honestly I recall all of those fights and what I remember him doing is using a thermoblast which ripped up a few mountains.

another celestial was seen taking a planet pulverizing punch

No Caption Provided

Current Thor could easily do that if a writer wanted him to use a thermoblast. Some writers simply don't recall all the things Thor can do with or without Mjolnir.

They make him do that, the scan where he shatters the planet and moon, but his bones were braking and destroying while doing it and it wasn't with one strike alone.

Everyone knows Thor was amped to some degree during b&t so using that as a baseline for classic Thor is a bit extreme since he was more powerful there than at almost any time in his history.

He wasn't, he was simply bloodlusted.

He has even lost to weak heralds prior to that as when he lost to Airwalker the first time they fought back in the 70's.

But that's mostly bc of Thor's actitude back then.

Regarding those scans, I am not sure the Destroyer was actually using its disintegration blast there but regular Thor should not be able to survive it nor should Freja. That is just bad writing if Aaron confirmed it was the Destroyer's disintegration blast since its been said it can kill even Odin and the Destroyer does have many different types of blasts it can use. So I would assume it was a less powerful blast it used there.

Was less powerful blasts? perhaps we don't know but they were causing big damage, but is not easy to difference the normal blast vs the disintegration attacks.

ThorOdinson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@biggest_d: idk how to post scans here but Fernando YouTuber has the comic uploaded on his channel and it says it there in that comic and just Google Jason Arron interviews of Thor he has said if you wanting big feats than a good story then you are going to be disappointed with his work on Thor.

Biggest_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@biggest_d: idk how to post scans here but Fernando YouTuber has the comic uploaded on his channel and it says it there in that comic and just Google Jason Arron interviews of Thor he has said if you wanting big feats than a good story then you are going to be disappointed with his work on Thor.

bro, i'm telling, I just reviewed the entire arc, and it doesn't even mention any feat of classic thor. also saying that he just want to writte a good story and not gonna bring big feats is not the same as not having feats at all. you can't have a story about thor without having a battle, and you can't have a battle without feats.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Spambot

@biggest_d: Right. I mean we see him sending shockwaves around a planet in one scan then we see him breaking moons with shockwaves from his blows in GoT that are likely hundreds of thousands miles away. I don't see a big difference and there is never perfect consistency in comics. It has everything to do with just who is writing them and their view of the character and what they want in their story. Simonson for instance wrote Thor for about 5 years and gave him barely any great feats because at the end of the day a lot of writers just don't care much about that. Thor during b&t was definitely amped to a degree, mostly by Starlin(though also by adrenaline and just insanity according to the editor who was answering letters from long time readers about how powerful he was there and trying to explain why). I agree he was essentially a bloodlusted, insane Thor but it still basically comes down to the writer wanting him to be that powerful to suit his story. Just as some writers through his classic days would go back and forth on whether Thor could survive in space and even Simonson gave the impression that lava would kill him. What I'm saying here is the same thing I said above, if you only go by his best feats prior to 2007 of course they are going to greatly outnumber his best feats since then, especially since people don't even count the feats he had with the OF. If you go back and read most of his appearances in the 70's he wasn't doing anything that impressive either(I recently just read a bunch of those) and is often being taken prisoner by things like stun guns and other stuff because some writers don't care about how powerfully the character is being portrayed and just wanted to turn a script in and liked the idea of Thor and Odin constantly being taken prisoner. So we can just agree to disagree because this is just going in circles. I don't see much of any difference between them and don't think there really needs to be some kind of distinction drawn between pre and post Ragnarok Thor.

Biggest_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot said:

@biggest_d: Right. I mean we see him sending shockwaves around a planet in one scan then we see him breaking moons with shockwaves from his blows in GoT that are likely hundreds of thousands miles away.

but in one, Thor's power is at barely half bc of hela and in the other one thor is hammering as hard as he can and braking his bones and muscles.

I don't see a big difference and there is never perfect consistency in comics. It has everything to do with just who is writing them and their view of the character and what they want in their story. Simonson for instance wrote Thor for about 5 years and gave him barely any great feats because at the end of the day a lot of writers just don't care much about that.

Wasn't Thor's Simonson the one that literally turn a country side into lava when fighting Beta Ray Bill? Or the one that destroyed the huge portal that dwarfed stars? I know what you mean but that's a bad example in there. And no, Thor has had very consistent feats since he came back. Check the respect thread once again.

Thor during b&t was definitely amped to a degree, mostly by Starlin(though also by adrenaline and just insanity according to the editor who was answering letters from long time readers about how powerful he was there and trying to explain why). I agree he was essentially a bloodlusted, insane Thor but it still basically comes down to the writer wanting him to be that powerful to suit his story.

One gains adrenaline when they are stressful activity, or doing some very difficult task. Or when is angry in this case. So, amped? no.

Just as some writers through his classic days would go back and forth on whether Thor could survive in space and even Simonson gave the impression that lava would kill him. What I'm saying here is the same thing I said above, if you only go by his best feats prior to 2007 of course they are going to greatly outnumber his best feats since then, especially since people don't even count the feats he had with the OF.

IDK why bc Thor only past down the Thor-Force to the hammer to restore it. He didn't lose it as is still there in the hammer.

If you go back and read most of his appearances in the 70's he wasn't doing anything that impressive either(I recently just read a bunch of those) and is often being taken prisoner by things like stun guns and other stuff because some writers don't care about how powerfully the character is being portrayed and just wanted to turn a script in and liked the idea of Thor and Odin constantly being taken prisoner. So we can just agree to disagree because this is just going in circles. I don't see much of any difference between them and don't think there really needs to be some kind of distinction drawn between pre and post Ragnarok Thor.

70's wasn't just that, between some of his good feats there is his sparring with the Odin Force, one-shutting abomination, etc, etc. Heck in 70's was when Thor was shown most of his good feats. And some, like fighting Surtur, Mangog, etc. In the classic Thor there were only a few low shows, but mostly by writers that hated and straight up confirm that they didn't liked Thor at all.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Spambot

@biggest_d: I don't know where you are getting him being barely at half power in that scan with Exitar. I am well aware of the curse Hela had put on him there but he made that armor specially to counteract the effects of the curse so he could operate as he usually did. In fact, he kept wearing the armor even after the curse had been removed which I am 99% sure it had been when that story took place. Then on top of that he was also wearing his belt of strength in that story arc which actually doubles his regular strength. The blowing up the portal feat(with the help of BRB) is really one of the only impressive feats he had under Simonson. Regarding b&t, whether you want to argue he was amped is really just semantics and not something I am here to do. He was obviously fighting at above his regular power level to some degree which is why even Eternity referred to him as a threat to the universe.

Him having the OF(and some part of his own soul according to Dr. Strange) within Mjolnir doesn't mean he really still has the power of the OF. JMS just needed a reason to take it away from him so he wouldn't be so powerful which makes it easier for the writer to give him challenges.

You sort of reconfirmed what I am already saying relating to the 70's how its really up to the writer how powerful a character is at any given time. What I was referencing was quite a few years where Thor really had no great feats that I just read through. He was constantly being taken prisoner also. Just in the quest to find Odin he is literally taken prisoner like 2 or 3 times. So if you want to draw some line in the sand between the older Thor and the new one go right ahead but you just can't expect everyone to agree with you strictly based on feats we've seen before and since then imo. Unless Brevoort or someone else at Marvel comes out and flatly says that classic Thor was completely different and more powerful I don't think most Thor fans would agree with him having been depowered since Ragnarok. I also want to mention that Chaos War happened after Ragnarok where Thor had some great feats.

ThorOdinson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ThorOdinson24

@biggest_d: I am telling you it is in that arc when Thor is flying through hell it says it in a narrative square and even in Jane Thor's annual when meshpisto challenges young Thor to a drinking game at the end Loki sends mesphisto in his place when the avengers first formed and fought him plus in Adam Warlock's current comic he is hopping into different time periods and met the avengers in their early days plus when that Doom vision brought different avengers into the future where Ultron was skyfather he brought Thor when he was cursed with brittle bones by hela and Jane Thor and some other avengers into one place even Marvel said 616 history is still canon to all new all different Marvel.

Yes Aaron may have/will do some big feats but he isn't going to do a lot look at old king Thor vs big G he had the Thorforce but still needed Mjolnir to fly Aaron isn't focused on big flashy feats constantly even unworthy Thor has done better feats in the avengers comics than Jane Thor's book but Aaron said in the letters column of issue 4 or 5 Thor will get his own book again with a classic Thor writer writing it so hopefully Thor will be written better then cause Aaron hasn't done well since God of Thunder.

Biggest_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot said:

@biggest_d: I don't know where you are getting him being barely at half power in that scan with Exitar. I am well aware of the curse Hela had put on him there but he made that armor specially to counteract the effects of the curse so he could operate as he usually did. In fact, he kept wearing the armor even after the curse had been removed which I think it had been at that point. Then on top of that he was also wearing his belt of strength in that story arc which actually doubles his regular strength. The blowing up the portal feat(with the help of BRB) is really one of the only decent feats he had under Simonson. You keep mentioning feats in very vague ways that don't fully represent them. Regarding b&t, whether you want to argue he was amped is really just semantics and not something I am here to do. He was obviously fighting at above his regular power level to some degree.

I don't remember the Belt of Strength, I believe the armor was just to keep him from falling appart in a way of saying, but if what you say is right, then Thor is not really a planet buster. and i didn't mention BRB because if you read Simonson's run I wouln't need to.

Him having the OF(and some part of his own soul according to Dr. Strange) within Mjolnir doesn't mean he really still has the power of the OF. JMS just needed a reason to take it away from him so he wouldn't be so powerful which makes it easier for the writer to give him challenges.

But Odinforce doesn't really give him any physical increment to Thor's body. It never has.

You sort of reconfirmed what I am already saying relating to the 70's how its really up to the writer how powerful a character is at any given time. What I was referencing was quite a few years where Thor really had no great feats that I just read through. He was constantly being taken prisoner also. Just in the quest to find Odin he is literally taken prisoner like 2 or 3 times. So if you want to draw some line in the sand between the older Thor and the new one go right ahead but you just can't expect everyone to agree with you strictly based on feats we've seen before and since then imo. Unless Brevoort or someone else at Marvel comes out and flatly says that classic Thor was completely different and more powerful I don't think most Thor fans would agree with you.

I'll just ask him him then.

Biggest_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@biggest_d: I am telling you it is in that arc when Thor is flying through hell it says it in a narrative square and even in Jane Thor's annual when meshpisto challenges young Thor to a drinking game at the end Loki sends mesphisto in his place when the avengers first formed and fought him plus in Adam Warlock's current comic he is hopping into different time periods and met the avengers in their early days plus when that Doom vision brought different avengers into the future where Ultron was skyfather he brought Thor when he was cursed with brittle bones by hela and Jane Thor and some other avengers into one place even Marvel said 616 history is still canon to all new all different Marvel.

I never said it wasn't canon, there are different writters and there is certainly a difference in power lv between Classic Thor and Modern Thor.

Yes Aaron may have/will do some big feats but he isn't going to do a lot look at old king Thor vs big G he had the Thorforce but still needed Mjolnir to fly Aaron isn't focused on big flashy feats constantly even unworthy Thor has done better feats in the avengers comics than Jane Thor's book but Aaron said in the letters column of issue 4 or 5 Thor will get his own book again with a classic Thor writer writing it so hopefully Thor will be written better then cause Aaron hasn't done well since God of Thunder.

I'm actually enjoying the current runs. Aaron is bringing back some really cool characters and we have yet to see what's going to happen to Odinson.

ThorOdinson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@biggest_d: Yes different writers portray a character differently like the one who wrote the avengers vs JL crossover he wrote Thor comics for awhile and Thor wasn't bullet proof in his writing but every writer after him made Thor bullet proof or recently like original sin when Thor was imprisoned by the Angels and away from Mjolnir he still summoned clouds across the realms into the heaven realm to bring down a powerful thunderstorm on the Angel's Queen palace but in that axis comic when unworthy Thor vs worthy Loki on the moon Thor said as long as there is a atmosphere he can summon a storm so yeah different writers going to portray a character differently or make slight changes.

Jane Thor's book is pretty awful only reason why I keep up with it is to see what happens to Thor and the whisper reveal plus Russell daurterman art is pretty awesome even if it is wasted on Jane.

Biggest_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@biggest_d: Yes different writers portray a character differently like the one who wrote the avengers vs JL crossover he wrote Thor comics for awhile and Thor wasn't bullet proof in his writing but every writer after him made Thor bullet proof or recently like original sin when Thor was imprisoned by the Angels and away from Mjolnir he still summoned clouds across the realms into the heaven realm to bring down a powerful thunderstorm on the Angel's Queen palace but in that axis comic when unworthy Thor vs worthy Loki on the moon Thor said as long as there is a atmosphere he can summon a storm so yeah different writers going to portray a character differently or make slight changes.

I believe that writter stright up say he hated Thor. So i believe is better not even brought it. But most of the writters up to now aren't the same and their feats have been very consistent. come here

Thor Odinson Respect Thread

You see the feats aren't that different from each other. And yes there are at least 5 different writers, Hickman, Aaron, Straczynski, Fraction and Gillen. All of them write Thor very consistently up to now, where the highest feat of Thor has been the moon holding together feat and the planet shattering feat. Both under the same writer and make Thor struggle. On top of that there were two that make Thor fight Galactus in one, was simply a bulrush that didn't do much to a feed Galactus, and in the other one it was Old King Thor, who needed the Necro Sword to defeat him. In the classic Thor was going nearly toe to toe with a Hungry Galactus and make him flee with just a God-blast. See yet any difference?

Jane Thor's book is pretty awful only reason why I keep up with it is to see what happens to Thor and the whisper reveal plus Russell daurterman art is pretty awesome even if it is wasted on Jane.

If you say so, from the whisper I only wanna know where did he get the spell to make Mjolnir come to life and make even Odin unworthy. Or why did Loki stabbed his mother. Or what is Loki planning, or how is Odinson gonna escape his prison. Or what is gonna happen to Ultimate Mjolnir. Or so many stuff we haven't addressed yet. More than just the whisper and Odinson come back, Marvel have suck potential in his hands with Jane as Thor. So many stories, but fans are just piss off with what they did to Odinson. And Hickman isn't really doing much to change their minds.

ThorOdinson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@biggest_d: You should read the arcs from where Thor gets the wound from the world tree all the way up till he dies in fear itself Thor had that wound in his gut that warped space and time and didn't go away till he died in fear itself even Odin couldn't heal it before Thor went fought Cul, so from the SS and big G fight, Nul and Angrier, Cul fight Thor was suffering from that wound and wasn't his best during all that.

Like I said you got Aaron writing old king Thor was blasting big G with the Thorforce when Big G was hungry but the granddaughters manage to blow his jaw off with Stormbreaker after he fed before OKT came back with the necro sword so I don't think Aaron knows how to write a skyfather level being even the Jane Thor vs Odin was horribly portrayed hell Tony in the uru armor in fear itself straight up blasted Odin in the face but Odin just sigh liked nothing happen so I am starting to think Aaron doesn't know how to write a skyfather well in power.

Loki will always be a villain and all I care about is the whisper and Thor getting his Mjolnir back and hope they don't stick him with Ultimate Mjolnir and have him deal with Malekith and Dario messing with all the realms.

Biggest_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@biggest_d: You should read the arcs from where Thor gets the wound from the world tree all the way up till he dies in fear itself Thor had that wound in his gut that warped space and time and didn't go away till he died in fear itself even Odin couldn't heal it before Thor went fought Cul, so from the SS and big G fight, Nul and Angrier, Cul fight Thor was suffering from that wound and wasn't his best during all that.

Yeah, I know the wound, but the wound didn't slow him down or anything, it simply hurt like hell. as he puts it,

Like I said you got Aaron writing old king Thor was blasting big G with the Thorforce when Big G was hungry but the granddaughters manage to blow his jaw off with Stormbreaker after he fed before OKT came back with the necro sword so I don't think Aaron knows how to write a skyfather level being even the Jane Thor vs Odin was horribly portrayed hell Tony in the uru armor in fear itself straight up blasted Odin in the face but Odin just sigh liked nothing happen so I am starting to think Aaron doesn't know how to write a skyfather well in power.

To be fair in there Galactus was already pretty messed up, and is just another example Skyfather is not a almighty God. In the World Seed Arc, happen the same, Thor brake through Galactus, and later Odin went and knocked both of them. Is not that you think they don't know how to write but their power lv hince in their magic and energy not on physical strength. That's why someone like Jane can do hold her own, that's why someone like Thor can put them on the ground. They are outclassed in every way but in terms of strength the only one I have seen actually doing something was Zeus when fought Galactus. Skyfathers are strong but not physically invincible. Galactus is actually in the Skyfather leagues. I can't find it now, but it was Thanos talking with another Thanos. Where it puts Eternity over everything, later the older of the universes and the aspects, and then Galactus and Skyfather. So Galactus is on the Skyfather lv. A hungry Galactus is powerful but not powerful enough. Much less one that has been damaged to the core and has lost a massive amount of energy. And it just prove that the Odinforce doesn't really increase physical power.

Loki will always be a villain and all I care about is the whisper and Thor getting his Mjolnir back and hope they don't stick him with Ultimate Mjolnir and have him deal with Malekith and Dario messing with all the realms.

Loki is a Villain as is Aizen from Bleach, is not exactly one but depends the way you see it. I actually liked the Ultimate Thor's hammer. Though I don't know if it will suit him.

ThorOdinson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@biggest_d: sigh dude re read some comics you are referring too.

Biggest_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@biggest_d: sigh dude re read some comics you are referring too.

you got a really closed minded way to see and read stuff.

ThorOdinson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@biggest_d: Says the guy that claims to be a Thor fan but lowsballs the crap out of him.

Biggest_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@biggest_d: Says the guy that claims to be a Thor fan but lowsballs the crap out of him.

Oh, I lowball just because I said since Thor come back to life after the ragnarok's events he is weaker? Because in terms of strength he hasn't had a feat that puts him above planet.

ThorOdinson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@biggest_d: http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/7/73849/2423291-thor_disir_vix.jpg

That is the link of modern Thor vs disir and saying Thor's midgard serpent feat from his classic days he hasn't gotten weaker just cause Marvel doesn't have him juggling planets constantly.

Biggest_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Biggest_D
    @thorodinson24 said:

@biggest_d: http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/7/73849/2423291-thor_disir_vix.jpg

That is the link of modern Thor vs disir and saying Thor's midgard serpent feat from his classic days he hasn't gotten weaker just cause Marvel doesn't have him juggling planets constantly.

ok, i can't believe i miss that.

Ok, let's try to calc that

Serpent was big enough to enroll twice around the earth, so it should be earth's diameter x4 is a total of 50967.9245 kilometers

How Strong Are the Coils of a Boa Constrictor? | Animals - mom.me

The highest constricting pressure recorded by the team, 25 pounds per square inch, was generated by a boa constrictor that was about 7 feet in total length. The primary variable in constriction pressure is the thickness of the snake; doubling the diameter of a snake increases its constriction pressure by a factor of 2.6.

So a 7 feet boa is strong enough to generate 25 pounds per square, a 50967.9245 kilometers should generate a pressure of 298602.8575 US tons. Not to mention a 7 feet boa would weigh around 10 to 15 kg, so the Midgard Serpent would have a weight of up to 179161.7145 US tons.

So Thor made a feat of 477764.572 tons. So, I guess Thor actually had a improvement then.

Remember this is just a over the top calc, I don't really know the exact extent of the serpent's diameters.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Nope Thor doesn't have any legit planetary lifting feats, certainly not consistent or reliable ones. The Midgard Serpent and World Tree feats have significant context or mitigating factors which debunk their validity as viable strength feats for Thor. Thus, Thor's physical strength is in the million-billion ton range based on his feats, not the trillion-quadrillion ton range needed for planetary strength.

Biggest_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Biggest_D

@lvenger: Thor did hold a moon together, thought that's 81 Quintillions if we take it as the size of our moon. Could you explain me the content of the tree feat?

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
    HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

Nope Thor doesn't have any legit planetary lifting feats, certainly not consistent or reliable ones. The Midgard Serpent and World Tree feats have significant context or mitigating factors which debunk their validity as viable strength feats for Thor. Thus, Thor's physical strength is in the million-billion ton range based on his feats, not the trillion-quadrillion ton range needed for planetary strength.

Do you think his physical strength is actually on that level or do you believe that's only what his lifting feats suggest? His physical strength shown against other powerhouses shows he should be quite a deal above that.

Biggest_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heirtothekingdom: yeah, Thor is far above just a millions and billions, thought he isn't planetary lv either. Thor hasn't had any feat and overpowering guys like Red Hulk, Hulk and other isn't really something we can count as a strength feat.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Thor did hold a moon together, thought that's 81 Quintillions if we take it as the size of our moon. Could you explain me the content of the tree feat?

The context of the World Tree feat is that its supporters like to claim it shows how Thor was strong enough to move the entire 9 Realms by pushing the World Tree Engine, an incalculable feat of strength. What they forgot to remember is that all Thor was doing was pushing the wheel that turned the engine for the World Tree, nothing else. And he was having trouble doing that as well, though I hear his powers were in flux or something at the time.

@lvenger said:

Do you think his physical strength is actually on that level or do you believe that's only what his lifting feats suggest? His physical strength shown against other powerhouses shows he should be quite a deal above that.

Well it's kind of both to answer your question, his lifting feats suggest he is on that level until more evidence proves otherwise. His other showings against powerhouses don't necessarily point to that though. The one where he matches Hulk in an arm lock contest for an hour, if that's an example of what you mean by other powerhouses, is problematic in that it's sceptical to suggest Thor can match the increasing strength of an enraged Hulk for an hour. It's not as if he's overpowered Hyperion's grip in a strength contest.

Biggest_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:
    @biggest_d said:

The context of the World Tree feat is that its supporters like to claim it shows how Thor was strong enough to move the entire 9 Realms by pushing the World Tree Engine, an incalculable feat of strength. What they forgot to remember is that all Thor was doing was pushing the wheel that turned the engine for the World Tree, nothing else. And he was having trouble doing that as well, though I hear his powers were in flux or something at the time.

I do believe it was in fluctuation but problem is the contest of the story was Thor changin, progressing and becoming stronger to do that. The whole point of moving the Engine was to affect the world tree and the nine realms.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:
    @biggest_d said:

I do believe it was in fluctuation but problem is the contest of the story was Thor changin, progressing and becoming stronger to do that. The whole point of moving the Engine was to affect the world tree and the nine realms.

It was the engine that was moving the Nine Worlds though so it's not nearly as impressive as it's made out to be. It's just the equivalent of pushing a grain mill to turn the grain, it's still the mill that's mainly providing the force, not the guy pushing it.

Biggest_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:
    @biggest_d said:
    @lvenger said:
    @biggest_d said:

It was the engine that was moving the Nine Worlds though so it's not nearly as impressive as it's made out to be. It's just the equivalent of pushing a grain mill to turn the grain, it's still the mill that's mainly providing the force, not the guy pushing it.

is hard to say actually.

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
    HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By HeirToTheKingdom

@lvenger: What I meant is that Thor has fought or even overpowered characters with that level of strength.

An example would be Hercules.

Khaji-Da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor has some of the best lifting feats in comic books.

Biggest_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@khaji-da said:

Thor has some of the best lifting feats in comic books.

not really. his usual feats are in the millions and billions at best is quintillions with the moon feat. the rest is fighting people.

Biggest_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sentinel0322 said:

@biggest_d: I agree with most of this, except for when you said Thor isn't that strong. I'm a huge Thor fan and he's easily at least as strong as New 52 superman. Now I am well aware that Thor is more than a bit of a jobber and lacks too many impressive recent feats (at least without Mjolnir), but that is more due to bad writing than actual lack of power on Thor's part. To put it simply, Beta Ray Bill is always dishing out impressive feats, cause he's written well, and since Thor is Bill's equal in all areas (aside from Bill's ability to heal from heat, as well as Thor's Godly Life Force and the OdinForce/Thorforce), and Stormbreaker is Mjolnir's equal, all of Bill's feats are within Thor's ability as well, giving reason to believe that Thor as a character is still more than capable of feats that would put him on Classic Thor level, and is simply a victim of bad writing, and he still shows impressive feats from time to time, like in Hammer and Sinew when he nearly killed Hulk with a blow because he "Let the Fury of the moment get to me". Hyperion isn't given enough credit because Superman fans can't ever imagine a Superman clone being able to beat the Man of Steel, the same reason Sentry (who would destroy Supes) and Gladiator, along with others (besides DS Sentry and Majestic), also don't get enough credit in battles, especially when Supes himself is in the mix. Hyperion is easily above Superman primarily due to his durability, with strength easily rivaling and quite possibly surpassing Superman's, though Hyperion does lack feats that would put him on Superman's level in terms of speed and reactions. While I'm not too sure Thor and Hyperion would win (primarily due to the fact that pre52 and new 52 feats are allowed, giving Supes access to his pre52 speed and smarts, as well as phasing, at the same time as his new52 strength),I have to admit they stand a better chance than it would seem, due to each of their combined powers and abilities as well as the fact that they work extremely well as a team. But if Thor has Ofinforce/Thorforce then he solos easily.

is good and thinking but Bill proved Thor's superior in their fight where Bill recovered first than Thor in their fight. And in their first fight BRB actually come victory in their first fight as well. And not really, BRB being Thor's superior he can do this

this one is very different from this one

No Caption Provided

mostly because one is a direct hit and the other one is shockwaves, but is also different because Thor shatters a moon and Beta Ray Bill brakes a planet. Is specially different because Thor was hitting as hard as he could

No Caption Provided

Beta Ray Bill is stronger than Thor.

Hammer and Sinew is none canon, is a representation for new readers to want to read Marvel comics. Could Thor beat Hulk?

Thor vs The Serpent, Null and Angrir

Hard to say, but he is capable of fighting him. Which doesn't really change the fact Thor isn't really that strong. A fight against someone strong doesn't really put you at his lv, specially when this has happened

By feats, and I mean actual feats, Thor doesn't really have any that puts him above moon lv in terms of lifting strength. Durability? Yeah, what allow Thor to keep up with Skyfather lv and Hulk and other is his endurance and durability. His cheer will is incredible huge to the problem is what people understand as being part of his physical capabilities. There are some instants where Thor stalesmates Hulk, who is a incredible amount of bullcrap since Hulk becomes stronger the long he goes, and doesn't really mean anything since Hulk's power lv changes a lot depending on his mental states.

Regarding the others is gonna be followed in the CaV.

Sentinel0322

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@biggest_d: I have arrived. Let us discuss the strength of one of Marvels undoubtedly strongest and most powerful heroes

jay_z94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By jay_z94  Online

@biggest_d said:
    @sentinel0322 said:

@biggest_d: I agree with most of this, except for when you said Thor isn't that strong. I'm a huge Thor fan and he's easily at least as strong as New 52 superman. Now I am well aware that Thor is more than a bit of a jobber and lacks too many impressive recent feats (at least without Mjolnir), but that is more due to bad writing than actual lack of power on Thor's part. To put it simply, Beta Ray Bill is always dishing out impressive feats, cause he's written well, and since Thor is Bill's equal in all areas (aside from Bill's ability to heal from heat, as well as Thor's Godly Life Force and the OdinForce/Thorforce), and Stormbreaker is Mjolnir's equal, all of Bill's feats are within Thor's ability as well, giving reason to believe that Thor as a character is still more than capable of feats that would put him on Classic Thor level, and is simply a victim of bad writing, and he still shows impressive feats from time to time, like in Hammer and Sinew when he nearly killed Hulk with a blow because he "Let the Fury of the moment get to me". Hyperion isn't given enough credit because Superman fans can't ever imagine a Superman clone being able to beat the Man of Steel, the same reason Sentry (who would destroy Supes) and Gladiator, along with others (besides DS Sentry and Majestic), also don't get enough credit in battles, especially when Supes himself is in the mix. Hyperion is easily above Superman primarily due to his durability, with strength easily rivaling and quite possibly surpassing Superman's, though Hyperion does lack feats that would put him on Superman's level in terms of speed and reactions. While I'm not too sure Thor and Hyperion would win (primarily due to the fact that pre52 and new 52 feats are allowed, giving Supes access to his pre52 speed and smarts, as well as phasing, at the same time as his new52 strength),I have to admit they stand a better chance than it would seem, due to each of their combined powers and abilities as well as the fact that they work extremely well as a team. But if Thor has Ofinforce/Thorforce then he solos easily.

is good and thinking but Bill proved Thor's superior in their fight where Bill recovered first than Thor in their fight. And in their first fight BRB actually come victory in their first fight as well. And not really, BRB being Thor's superior he can do this

No Caption Provided

mostly because one is a direct hit and the other one is shockwaves, but is also different because Thor shatters a moon and Beta Ray Bill brakes a planet. Is specially different because Thor was hitting as hard as he could

No Caption Provided

Hammer and Sinew is none canon, is a representation for new readers to want to read Marvel comics. Could Thor beat Hulk?

Hard to say, but he is capable of fighting him. Which doesn't really change the fact Thor isn't really that strong. A fight against someone strong doesn't really put you at his lv, specially when this has happened

By feats, and I mean actual feats, Thor doesn't really have any that puts him above moon lv in terms of lifting strength. Durability? Yeah, what allow Thor to keep up with Skyfather lv and Hulk and other is his endurance and durability. His cheer will is incredible huge to the problem is what people understand as being part of his physical capabilities. There are some instants where Thor stalesmates Hulk, who is a incredible amount of bullcrap since Hulk becomes stronger the long he goes, and doesn't really mean anything since Hulk's power lv changes a lot depending on his mental states.

1. Beta ray bill and Thor are equal. Saying BRB beat Thor means nothing, as Thor has also beaten BRB. Shattering a moon with shockwaves is probably more impressive than shattering planet by direct force. The planet that BRB shattered didn't look much bigger than the moon in Thor's feat. Infact, Thor has shattered a planetoid by direct force before.

2. Hammer and sinew is canon, it's been confirmed.

3. About the Thor vs Nul fight: Prior to the fight, thor was severely injured trying to retrieve the world seed from the world tree, took a beating from Odin, took a beating from Cul (Odin's brother, and skyfather level) then finally got double teamed by angrir and nul. Nul is unable to get in any shots before thor BFR's him. Go figure.

4. You just lost your credibility by using that red hulk incident. It's horrible writing, and loebforce Red Hulk is a PIS machine.

P.S. Thor proceeds to stomp Red Hulk later on.

Biggest_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jay_z94 said:
    @biggest_d said:
    @sentinel0322 said:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

1. Beta ray bill and Thor are equal. Saying BRB beat Thor means nothing, as Thor has also beaten BRB. Shattering a moon with shockwaves is probably more impressive than shattering planet by direct force. The planet that BRB shattered didn't look much bigger than the moon in Thor's feat. Infact, Thor has shattered a planetoid by direct force before.

The only time BRB won againts Thor (that i remember), was during Thor: Blood and Thunder, where BRB was trying to calm Thor down. The planetoid Thor destroyed wasn't that big, the planet BRB destroyed had it's own moon, so is obvioysly bigger.

Any link?

3. About the Thor vs Nul fight: Prior to the fight, thor was severely injured trying to retrieve the world seed from the world tree, took a beating from Odin, took a beating from Cul (Odin's brother, and skyfather level) then finally got double teamed by angrir and nul. Nul is unable to get in any shots before thor BFR's him. Go figure.

Which just also adds to Thor's durabilty and resistance. which is what he has higher. He doesn't really have any lifting feat that puts him above any Hulk.

4. You just lost your credibility by using that red hulk incident. It's horrible writing, and loebforce Red Hulk is a PIS machine.

that people doesn't like it, doens't change the fact that Thor still loses to the likes of Red Hulk in term of strength. And no Red Hulk is not a PIS machine. That people doesn't like to understand the comic in general and feats is one thing. They are just butthurt fans.

True but catch Rulk by surprise and was using all of his mighty to take him down. Doesn't really change much.

Biggest_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Biggest_D
    @sentinel0322 said:

@biggest_d: I have arrived. Let us discuss the strength of one of Marvels undoubtedly strongest and most powerful heroes

Hyperion? Hulk? We are discussing Mighty Thor bro.

jay_z94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By jay_z94  Online

@biggest_d said:
    @jay_z94 said:
    @biggest_d said:
    @sentinel0322 said:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

The only time BRB won againts Thor (that i remember), was during Thor: Blood and Thunder, where BRB was trying to calm Thor down. The planetoid Thor destroyed wasn't that big, the planet BRB destroyed had it's own moon, so is obvioysly bigger.

True that BRB was trying to calm him down, but IIRC, BRB only beat him in their first fight due to Thor reverting back to Donald Blake, which would make that fight irrelevant. In their second encounter, odin rigged the fight. If you look at the BRB scan, that is a very small planet. Looks smaller than the moon thor shattered with shockwaves.

Any link?

I don't have a link, But I know some viners have confirmed it. Also I remember reading an interview from the writer, he was talking about how he messed up thor's costume and Hulk's skin colour, as it's meant to look like green hulk.

Which just also adds to Thor's durabilty and resistance. which is what he has higher. He doesn't really have any lifting feat that puts him above any Hulk.

I was just commenting on how you said thor is only capable of fighting hulk, but not to beat him due to strength. Strength isn't everything in a fight, while hulk is arguably stronger, thor is simply more powerful. But anyways, what lifting feats does hulk have that puts him above thor's feats? (lifting the midgard serpeant and resisting the gravity of a neutron star).

that people doesn't like it, doens't change the fact that Thor still loses to the likes of Red Hulk in term of strength. And no Red Hulk is not a PIS machine. That people doesn't like to understand the comic in general and feats is one thing. They are just butthurt fans.

Once again you are relying on strength too much.

Dude, This version of red hulk stomped a watcher..... that's the equivalent of when spiderman beat firelord. It's PIS. And don't even get me started on how he grabbed mjolnir and used it against Thor. It's ridiculous, the hammer reads "whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy"... The reason being that there is no gravity in space in pointless, he actually managed to use mjolnir's powers like lightning. What makes it worse is that loeb had thor just hold on like an idiot instead of flying off. It's as if Loeb was saying that at the moment where red hulk was jumping while holding mjolnir, red hulk had control of mjolnir, which is completely ridiculous. So lets see, red hulk written under Loeb has stomped a watcher and overpowered a skyfather level enchantment. Yes, PIS machine.

True but catch Rulk by surprise and was using all of his mighty to take him down. Doesn't really change much.

It shows that red hulk is nothing to thor when thor is trying, but it doesn't matter, read above.

Sentinel0322

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Yet in the comic it was stated that he was pushing against the force of the engine (which was force enough to move the tree) as well as the force of the tree itself, which is the force of the 9 realms, so based on that wouldn't he actually be moving the weight of the 9 realms? And with the Serpent there is all that context to consider, but it means less than you'd think, because at the end of the day he still exerted enough physical force to lift the weight of the serpent ( said to equal Earth) and break it's grip, which would take incalculable strength, considering that an anaconda can crush with around 16 times its own weight, now imagine one weighing as much as the earth and given skyfather level power, it would be crushing with at least a few thousand, maybe even a few million (using the strength difference between someone like Thor or Odin compared to an average human as an analogy for the strength of a skyfather snake compare to an average anaconda) times the weight of the Earth, not to mention that Thor was lifting from an unnatural lifting position which would have made the weight feel a hundred times heavier to him. If you can prove me wrong on the worldengine or the serpent then go right ahead, but if not then Thor has under his belt two of the greatest lifting feats in comics history

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.