Follow

Superboy Prime

Character » Superboy Prime appears in 156 issues.

Once a young high spirited youth in the real world with the powers of Superman, intense trauma had twisted his sense of justice and morals, exacerbated by the corrupted and ineffective heroes of post-Crisis Earth as well as his loss of his destiny as the "Universe's Greatest Protector".

Superman Prime Power Level

• 60 results
    deadpool101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By deadpool101

He's taken on most of the Green Lantern Corps, beat up the JSA, Teen Titans, and Doom Patrol, and even destroyed a planet. He's immune to kryptonite, and is resourceful under red sun radiation. He was reffered to on the DC Database as the most powerful being in the DC Universe. 
     But I still don't know how powerful he is. Who, in DC or Marvel, could defeat this crazed Kryptonian? 

Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

Well he certainly is not the most powerful member of DCU but he can take the end of the universe to the face like a champ

deadpool101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By deadpool101
    @Son_of_Magnus:  
    Cool thanks. WHo in DCU can defeat him?
    Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
    @deadpool101 said:
    " @Son_of_Magnus:  Cool thanks. WHo in DCU can defeat him? "
    Kal Kent
    OhTru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By OhTru
    @deadpool101 said:

" @Son_of_Magnus:   WHo in DCU can defeat him? "

Emoboy? 
    A good telepath like Manhunter would end him

Flash can also beat him down

Or anyone with the common sense to slam some red sun radiation on his head
    Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
    @deadpool101: Do not listen to anything OhTru says
    King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By King_Saturn
    Beppo the Super Monkey
    deadpool101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By deadpool101

Huh. Kal Kent as in the guy who appears in "All Star Superman volumem 1"? I dont know much about him but he seems cool. Um the Martian Manhunter tried to take on Sman Prime, when he still went by Superboy Prime, during Infinite Crisis and although he seemed to do okay against him, I think the Martian Manhunter would ultimately get his green butt whupped. Jay Garrick, Wally West, and Bart Allen took him on and inprisoned him under red sunlight successfully, but even if you're the fastest man alive, Superman's undefined speed (especially someone as overpowered as Sman Prime, who also doesn't hold any of his power back) might rival the Flash's speed at it's peak. Not to mention Prime's other powers would allow him to to destroy the speedster. The red sun radiation idea would work though. Although he did escape from the GL's when they did that to him. I think the only way (or atleast only cool way) to kill Superman Prime is to bury his butt in the core of a red sun and then blow up the sun!  

But what about in crossovers? Could one of Marvel's overpowered cosmic entities like Thanos defeat him?
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By joshmightbe
    @deadpool101:
    with the infinity gauntlet thanos could take him
    deadpool101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By deadpool101

who with the infinity gauntlet couldn't? i mean without the gauntlet. like galactus, the in-betweener, celestials, etc. who could beat him?
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Primmaster64

A pre-crisis kryptonian that knows martial arts. So i guess pre-crisis Faora.

deadpool101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By deadpool101

Um, how many pre-crisis people are there? Let alone pre-crisis krytponians? power girl? sman prime? who else? 

and why don't all the kryptonians in the multiverse just get together and.....mate? to create the kryptonian race again? 

and what other kryptonian could beat prime? he's invulnerable to kryptonite, doesn't seem to be affected by magic, and still keeps goin under red sunlight! he's a skyfather for odin's sake! he's so overpowered, that unless they make New Earth Supes more powerful, nobody could stop him!
    Avatar image for thejuggernautpunch
    TheJuggernautpunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deadpool101: You're asking who can beat Superman Prime ?
    deadpool101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By deadpool101

yes. He's one of my favorite villians (not exactly up there w/ joker or lex luthor, but yknow...), and I wanna know why he doesn't just destroy the DCU if he's so powerful. So i want to be able to answer: because____________ would just kick his nutty kryptonian ass. could new earth kal beat him?
    TheJuggernautpunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deadpool101: Doomsday , maybe . PC Darkseid . COIE AM would eliminate him in second . Imperiex .
    deadpool101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By deadpool101

Cool thanks. I had forgotten about those dudes. doomsday is definitely possible. darksied maybe. imperiex? i dont think so. the legion of super heroes took him on and they suck.

glforthewin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By glforthewin

mr majestic could beat him

deadpool101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By deadpool101

i know im gonna feel stupid for asking this....but who's mr. majestic? ive heard the name before but i dont remember.....

deadpool101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By deadpool101

Oh and what is the extent of Superman Prime's weakness for magic?

Taylove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Taylove
    Avatar image for the_man_of_tomorrow
    The Man of Tomorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

deadpool101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By deadpool101

Agreed. Doomsday would hurt Superman Prime but eventually get his grey, boney ass kicked. Silver Surfer would do little more than piss Prime off before getting whupped so bad he goes crying back to Galactus. Darkseid would get some hits in, but in the end new earth Superman has taken him, and Prime is stronger and more ruthless so back to Apokolyps with Darkseid. Magneto? Magneto??????? He'd be killed without having the slightest inpact! He'd be soooooo dead! Magneto is pathetic next to Prime! An ant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    TheJuggernautpunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doomsday will own Prime .

glforthewin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By glforthewin
    @deadpool101: he got the strength of silver age superman, the fighting skills of karate kid and the brains of thanos 
    deadpool101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By deadpool101

i'm sorry but suuperman died but took down doomsday with him. superman is more powerful and malevolent than new earth supes so he would kill doomsday w/out the sacrificing himself part.
    Taylove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Taylove

1st of all 
    Doomsday He's been massively de-powered over the years would you agree?  Really Doomsday’s power-level rival Pre-crisis/Superman Prime.   Doomsdays  could evolve to a state where not even Prime could stop him...However, DCU     fear at that point no one would be able to stand against Doomsday, he would wipe the DC slate clean.   Doomsday's already strong enough to withstand the force of a full powered Imperiex after he got turned into a skeleton. pre-retcon was savage, had no weaknesses, killed Supes, and had to be left at the End of Time just to stop him. DC had to retcon him because he had the potential to be the greatest power in the DCU, and that sucks for everyone in the DCU to have a bloodthirsty monster with no mind as the most powerful being.   An that's the truth    

deadpool101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By deadpool101

I have a love/hate relationship w/ doomsday. his overpowered-ness makes sense. ANyone w/ superhuman strength, agility, enhanced speed and leaping, invulnerability, etc. should be able to do all the things doomsday does (almost). i hate that people never use their power to it's full potential. and that's what doomsday does; uses his powers like someone really would. however, the other side of the argument is: HIS POWERS ARE NOT EVEN AS COOL AS FIRESTORM'S AND HE KILLED ONE OF THE MOST POWERFUL PEOPLE IN DCU!!!!!!! W/OUT KRYPTONITE!!!!!!!!!! HE IS WAAAAAAAAY OVER-POWERED!!! which he is (or was). i think dc needs to stop doing one thing: bringing people back after they die. if you're going to kill someone, do it. don't do it and bring them back a year later. i HATE that. it means that even if a hero or villian dies, they could still just come back and do soemthing HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!! hal jordan coming back after the whole spectre-deal? fine. reincarnation of the hawkpeople, black adam, etc.? fine. but superman? batman? c'mon! if dc is gonna kill a major guy, kill em and be done w/ it. find someone to be a good successor. which means  no killing batman, superman, or wonder woman. (or lex luthor, joker, etc.) kill slightly less important people. booster gold, mary marvel, jay garrick, people who can easily be replaced if necessary. then stick to it. temporary come-backs as ghost? fine. but dont keep ressurecting people. if dc didnt reserect people, id say just blow doomsday up, but i know dc would just bring him back when they wanted to have a big, catastrophic smack down for big blue s.
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @deadpool101: That is doomsdays ability, he will and would always come back even if that wasnt the case for everyone else. He was designed to survive and come back to life. Also once he comes back to life he is then immune and evolved past what killed or injured him which is why he is so powerful, i think he is a great villain, i dont think he is over powered yet but he is getting close. He needs to start going against more powerful beings that can kill him in multiple ways. Due to his ability to evolve he should be the most powerful being eventually
    deadpool101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By deadpool101

I guess but he does have the intelligence of a freakin ape. so what if someone smart figured out a way to trap him. indefinitely. although i guess he'd always get back. unless they did what they did in the JLU show and sent him to another dimension. 

oh and you saying "designed" reminded me: where does doomsday come from how was he...born or created or whatever.
    kolas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By kolas
    @deadpool101 said:
    "

Cool thanks. I had forgotten about those dudes. doomsday is definitely possible. darksied maybe. imperiex? i dont think so. the legion of super heroes took him on and they suck.

"
    Imperiex = NO? Well if anybody I'd say it would be Imperiex who could kill off Superboy Prime (I know You wrote SuperMAN Prime but he can be confused withe the Golden Superman from DC One Million, who would also beat Superboy Prime BTW). The guy had the power of Big Bang, he was embodiment of entropy and he was able to re-create the whole Universe and obliderate galaxies (if multiverse would exist at that time he most propably would whipe out whole Universes) his probes which he could manufacture were almost even match for Superman, he killed Doomsday like he was getting rid of a fly. It's fair to say that he was Omnipotent.  So I'd say that he would definetley outmatch S-boy Prime. ;]
    deadpool101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By deadpool101

Oh well if it hasn't become obvious I am talking about the Clark Kent from Earth Prime. As in Pre Crisis Superboy Prime. He's recently changed his name to Superman Prime. he beat the snot out of gl's, and is just generally badass. i actually have a question about the dc one million thing. 

is the golden superman prime from the future (who appears in all star superman) the same guy? obviously reformed and several years older but yknow....
    marvelman20202

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By marvelman20202

a screaming black bolt  or the watchers could probably take him

deadpool101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By deadpool101

from what i know about black bolt, his little "nuclear scream" would certainly affect prime, but he is probably not as powerful. however, the anti monitor could finish him. as could genis vell (depending). and the watchers? they'd be annihilated. maybe if they had a freakin army. like a jillion of 'em. but one would die easily. my friend says just four or five could take him. but while he knows more about some aspects of marvel, i am inclined to disagree. haha. but i think some of my earlier posts make prime out to be an undefeatable force. and he is not. but i think people underestimate the power of new earth superman. he is unimaginably strong. and therefore so is prime. superman could kill you with his finger. prime could kill you with his nose. so there. :P 

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @deadpool101 said:
    "

from what i know about black bolt, his little "nuclear scream" would certainly affect prime, but he is probably not as powerful. however, the anti monitor could finish him. as could genis vell (depending). and the watchers? they'd be annihilated. maybe if they had a freakin army. like a jillion of 'em. but one would die easily. my friend says just four or five could take him. but while he knows more about some aspects of marvel, i am inclined to disagree. haha. but i think some of my earlier posts make prime out to be an undefeatable force. and he is not. but i think people underestimate the power of new earth superman. he is unimaginably strong. and therefore so is prime. superman could kill you with his finger. prime could kill you with his nose. so there. :P 

"
    Idk, Black bolt pushed WWH back but didnt seem to really hurt him, i dont think he would hurt SBP.
    @deadpool101 said:
     is the golden superman prime from the future (who appears in all star superman) the same guy? obviously reformed and several years older but yknow.... "
    yea Superman one million prime is the future version of the superman we know today. After Lois dies of old age he traveled the universe gaining powers and defeating different enemies till one day he isolated himself in the middle of the sun for either a thousand or a million years

@deadpool101 said:
    "I guess but he does have the intelligence of a freakin ape. so what if someone smart figured out a way to trap him. indefinitely. although i guess he'd always get back. unless they did what they did in the JLU show and sent him to another dimension.  oh and you saying "designed" reminded me: where does doomsday come from how was he...born or created or whatever. "

Doomsday was created on Krypton Thousands of years before Kryptonians were alive by an alien scientist from another planet while the planet was still covered in volcanoes and had no atomosphere  

He was shoved thru the center of a red star and still was to powerful. I thought superman from earth two was supposed to be the equivalent of pre-crisis superman? If thats the case SBP is way stronger bc he took on main continuity Supes and Earth Two Supes defeating Main cont supes and killing earth two supes
    Darth-Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 16

#35  Edited By Darth-Spidey
    @deadpool101 said:
    "

The watchers? they'd be annihilated. maybe if they had a freakin army. like a jillion of 'em. but one would die easily. my friend says just four or five could take him. but while he knows more about some aspects of marvel, i am inclined to disagree. haha. 

"
    I heard that.  And my knowledge of Marvel IS extensive.  I am pretty sure that a few watchers (maybe not quite 4 or 5 but around that number) would KILL Superman Prime.  Might be able to kill a few though. You see, DP, I actually read Marvel Comics (grins) so I know just how powerful some of these people are.  

The Marvel characters that I know could kill him include: Eternity, Infinity, Living Tribunal, ANY Celestial, Shuma Gorath (in his own realm), Odin, Death, Tyrant (full power), Dark Phoenix, Genis-Vell (Depends on the version), The Runner, Lord Chaos, and Master Order.

The DC Characters that could are: COIE Anti-Monitor, Parallax, Post-Crisis Darkseid, Superman 1 Million, Emperor Joker, and Imperiex 

And now to just wait for DP to shoot these all down.  Can't WAIT to defend everyone I just listed.
    AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

#36  Edited By AssertingValor

King hyperion

deadpool101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By deadpool101

darth spidey, you almost know me too well. but i wont shoot yer ideas down cuz they seem pretty sound. oh and i take back what i said earlier about d-day. doomsday could kill prime. he's unstoppable. who the @#$% is king hyperion? and darth spidey? try not to use yer advantage of knowing me in person to gain the upper hand in discussions on comic vine. cuz i, the goose hunter, will shoot you down. (inside joke).  

(and i do read marvel comics. just not ALL of them. cant always keep up with all the comics keeping up, okay?)  

sman prime is still kickass. despite my thoughts on his near invincibility being shot down. oh well. :P
    Bat-God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Bat-God

i agree. superman prime is badass. some who can beat him are: 
     doomsday, genis vell, superman1 mil. there are others. im sorry but emperor joker is stupid.
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Primmaster64

Not sure...Maybe Doomsday after prime has defeated him.

Darth-Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 16

#40  Edited By Darth-Spidey
    @Bat-God said:
    "  im sorry but emperor joker is stupid. "
    Yeah, it is a stupid idea.  But he would kill Prime you know.
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Primmaster64

i don't know about that...maybe Mxy had some trouble with prime.

Bat-God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Bat-God

Not so sure. 

Anyways, Primmaster64, that might be the case. New Earth Supes died beating doomsday (and btw dp101, he DEFEATED doomsday. not killed him.), and prime is more powerful and ruthless than new earth big blue. so he might defeat d-day without dying. but then again it depends. doomsday is meant to be unstoppable so it would be close. i'm not sure who would win.
    Assman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Assman
    @joshmightbe said:
    "@deadpool101: with the infinity gauntlet thanos could take him "

I believ Thanos without the IG would give him a good run.  with the IG, he'd utterly destroy him.
    Bat-God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Bat-God

ANYONE with the infiniti gauntlet would kick prime's ass. thanos would give prime a run, sure. but i think superboy prime would beat him.
    KonEl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By KonEl

I know he is more powerful than New Earth Superboy, but NE Sboy might give him a run for his money. Also, why is this forum called "Superman Prime Power Level"? It should be called "Who can beat Superman Prime in a one on one fight without cheap weapons like the infinity gauntlet"! So rather than go on about who could and couldn't beat him, I propose a question about his actual power level;  

What is the nature of Superman Prime's vulnerability to magic?
    Avatar image for damian_the_brat_wonder
    Damian the Brat Wonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Prude.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Primmaster64

Its not from the same universe.Maybe Earth prime magic can beat him.

King_Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By King_Thor

1)  Silver Surfer 
    2)  Thor 
    3)  Thanos  

And that's just from Marvel.  There is also, Monarch, Imperiex Prime, probably Doomsday.  Prime is not invincible.

Avatar image for supermandefender
    supermandefender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By supermandefender
    @deadpool101: Mr. Majestic is a superman rip. He has all supes base powers but he is from another universe. Supes has still shown feats and seems more impressive. He has the ability to travel between universes tho and sometimes pretends to be superman from time to time.
    Avatar image for supermandefender
    supermandefender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By supermandefender
    @King_Thor:  Surfer, Thor or Thanoes dont beat prime WTF? 
    Primemaster: Earth prime is said our earth or its referred to it has our earth. Its possible magic doesnt exist in earth prime therefore prime still has his invulnerability to it. Before prime was suppose to be the only superhero on earth prime and that made you think why he is special. But that was changed in legion of 3 worlds.    
    KonEL: There isnt any known weakness Prime has to magic. And if were talking about Superboy Prime were talking close to PC Supes levels. Infinite Gauntlet might beat boy prime.....MIGHT!~ But Superman Prime would beat infinite gauntlet. He would speed blizt thanoes like surfer did and just take the gauntlet right off. Supermans Primes power levels are at or above PC Superman levels. Superman Prime would give Galactus a run for his money but would problly be beaten. Hard to say. Monarch didnt take Prime down. And Prime could rip off Monarchs armor which contained soo much power it could wipe out a whole universe. That speaks really high on Primes strength feats.....he is stronger than something holding back universal destruction. Galactus power has been known to wipe out galaxies but i dont think he can wipe out the entire marvel universe with 1 attack. Monarchs power could.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.