Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7786 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

Hulk 2016-

bonifidehustla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Yeah I saw that Jeremy Lin crossover. I didn't know Pak was such a great fan of his. I guess because he's Korean I guess. Even though he's not really that good. I mean literally this happened days ago with him https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fWNHXLbdKw . I guess they want Korean readers to push it over 30k. I doubt it will work though tbh. I don't even like when they put real people in the comics. I don't mind if its just the cover like how they did rap covers but even though I like hip hop well not current. I'm glad they didnt put them in the comic stories .

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What did everyone think about the last 2 issues that cho appeared in,namely Champions#2 and the title awesome hulk issue 11.

For me it seems like while Greg pak is getting into his groove with hulk, because I thought that that issue was probably the best totally awesome hulk issue yet, and if not for black panther, and how he felt shoehorned in, it would have been nearly perfect. On the other hand, in the champions series, Mark waid seems to have no idea what he is doing, and frankly the issue was horrible. Cho just seemed like a bully and all the characteristics er development that has been seen in the totally awesome hulk seems to have been discarded. But that's just my opinion.

Schwarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2 or 3 posts on the Hulk Forums a week is about how much people care about imposter Hulk.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@battle123axe: Didn't read either yet, since I get my comics shipped to europe. Not planning on getting Champions. Probably drop the Hulk title once they renumber for the first time, too. Unless the next issues blow me away, I'm not supporting mediocrity and sadly this title has amounted to average at best and really bad at its worst... Either we get a different Hulk or Pak finally gets a real plan for this one, he was never particularly good with stand-alone issues and the only overarching plot so far is a byproduct of an event.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Schwarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#756  Edited By Schwarz

Champions isn't that bad. I know I might get some flak from saying this considering I really hate Marvel's direction right now but I thought it was light weight and not that bad.

Avatar image for thecringemaster
    thecringemaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#758 thedailybagel  Moderator

Banner actually got a few more usable feats in uncanny avengers:

- he no sold Human torch's nova blast (johnny stated on panel he was going nova and nothing should survive it)

- cable couldn't so much as budge him with TK (again cable literally said this), which even though in a weakened state matters because it shows that hulk does indeed have TK resistance and you need to be very powerful in that area to move him

- he consistently no sold shots from rogue, and then was manhandling her with one arm until synapse stepped in (IIRC rogue has wonder mans abilities currently)

- synapse was pushed to her limits and actually damaged herself just by screwing with hulk's nervous system so she could move him a little (it worked, but she only managed to move him a small amount into a trap when everyone else failed)

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#759  Edited By Battle123axe

The last few totally awesome hulk comics were actually pretty good, just looking at the interactions between cho and his sister, it actually made my heart strings twitch a bit, and I actually feel kinda bad for cho.

Of course an author being a fanboy doesn't mean that Jeremy lin had to be treated like th best thing ever, which I still find ridiculous.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

bonifidehustla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm this forum dead thanks to Marvel. Plus She-Hulk is the new Hulk now.

Yeah the author is a crazy fanboy of Jeremy Lin and he's not even that good in NBA.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

^ true

OkRaider88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bonifidehustla: Correct. The Cho Hulk experiment is a total failure. It's stupid to promote a new Hulk, when Banner is a favorite in the MCU. No, kids won't be fans of ChoHulk 10 years from now. He Totally Awesomely Sucks.

Schwarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#765  Edited By Schwarz

@atheistknowledge: Marvel is liberal. This is what happens when you give them too much headroom, these people are out of touch with the real world. Race card/gender card being abused to a point where it doesn't even make sense anymore. I don't want to make this into a political debate and don't feel like having an argument fight, but that is what we get. We cannot have have a straight white male as a super hero anymore because it's offensive.

bonifidehustla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well a straight white male hero doesn't bother me and I'm black. I just hate race bending characters. Me and a few others rather have a new hero than that gender/race swap its really damn annoying tbh. You notice they trying to promote Captain Marvel hard lately like she's the strongest in Marvel universe. If they take out the politics out the comics it would be better. Ever since Disney got them its been downhill since then. It's a reason certain characters are iconic. Oh yeah you can't have a male hero beating a female hero/villain these days because of the crazy feminist care more about a comic character than real life. lol

Schwarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#767  Edited By Schwarz

@bonifidehustla: I haven't bought any Marvel comics for a while because of that. I don't even do it illegaly anymore. Just don't want politics in comics.

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
    AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh and btw Amadeus Cho is officially one of the weakest Hulks out there, seeing as he fought the Thing to a stalemate...

Pretty pathetic.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#769  Edited By Lvenger

Oh and btw Amadeus Cho is officially one of the weakest Hulks out there, seeing as he fought the Thing to a stalemate...

Pretty pathetic.

I'm honestly quite happy about this as a Ben Grimm fan but disappointed in Chulk's pathetic performance. Where did this happen?

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Me too honestly, since i like Ben infinitely more then Chulk. It happened in the Moon girl comic, they had a long fight where they both exhausted and eventually knocked each other out at the same time.

No Caption Provided

btw the whole series is horrible as it's written by a blatant SJW that interjects their ideology on every turn, lowballs every other character(i mean Moon Girl is officially the smartest person on Marvel Earth, smarter then Reed, Banner, Pym, etc..) and at the end of the issue they tease Doom going after her to prove himself smarter then her... ugh...

Prepare for cringe.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge: cho hulk is a weak af hulk, no doubt, but comparing this to his other feats, this is a pretty damn good feat.

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge: cho hulk is a weak af hulk, no doubt, but comparing this to his other feats, this is a pretty damn good feat.

How is fighting a mid tier to a literally standstill a good feat?

If anything his other feats like almost sinking a part of an island, breaking through a reinforced door classic Hulk couldn't, shrugging of dozens of She-hulk level creatures are far better then what he displayed here.

His a shitty Hulk in both personality/story and in power.

Hopefully since he is selling only 21-22k issues a month and dropping, the shitfest will be canceled soon.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: Yes he is. I find his character repulsive and uninteresting and he has done nothing much then be a clumsy Hulk who get's KO'd by getting clawed too much and getting punched by the Thing.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@battle123axe said:

How is fighting a mid tier thing is a mid tier who is ranking on the high on of that scale, amadeus isnt, if he can figft him to a standstill, of ccoursee it was a good feat to a literally standstill a good feat? Comparing it to his other feats, it is. I'm not talking about the actual hulk here, that's insane.

If anything his other feats like almost sinking a part of an island,so angry that his speech was unintelligible breaking through a reinforced door classic Hulk couldn't,that's his best striking feat so far, at least when calm. this is up there. shrugging of dozens of She-hulk level creatures also pissed out his mind are far better then what he displayed here.

His a shitty Hulk in both personality/story and in power. no denying that.

Hopefully since he is selling only 21-22k issues a month and dropping, the shitfest will be canceled soon.of course, that wont bring banner back, unfortunately.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

since moon girl is here and all, im gonna say this. and i know that this is the hulk forum and we should be taking about bannerhulk and realted things or at the very least cho hulk, but this actually disgusts me.

so much cringe

BECAUSE YOU DEMANDED IT, Guest-Starring Riri Williams, Ironheart!

There’s room for two young, black, gifted girls in the Marvel U, isn’t there?

y?

BLACK GIRL MAGIC!

• Lunella Lafayette is unequivocally the smartest PERSON (regardless of gender) in the world!

• Your faves could never! But that won’t stop them from putting Lunella to the test...

• Case in point: Marvel’s mighty mystic Doctor Stephen Strange stops by to see what’s so magical about this little girl from Yancy Street.

WTF?

this represents everything wrong at marvel

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#777 thedailybagel  Moderator

since moon girl is here and all, im gonna say this. and i know that this is the hulk forum and we should be taking about bannerhulk and realted things or at the very least cho hulk, but this actually disgusts me.

so much cringe

BECAUSE YOU DEMANDED IT, Guest-Starring Riri Williams, Ironheart!

There’s room for two young, black, gifted girls in the Marvel U, isn’t there?

y?

BLACK GIRL MAGIC!

• Lunella Lafayette is unequivocally the smartest PERSON (regardless of gender) in the world!

• Your faves could never! But that won’t stop them from putting Lunella to the test...

• Case in point: Marvel’s mighty mystic Doctor Stephen Strange stops by to see what’s so magical about this little girl from Yancy Street.

WTF?

this represents everything wrong at marvel

what the actual hell.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#778  Edited By thedailybagel  Moderator

@lvenger: @atheistknowledge: @battle123axe: @greenscar1990

I thought it was worth mentioning that issue 16 of Totally Awesome Hulk was down to 18,000 sales, in comparison CoC's eighth issue was at 17,000 IIRC, with its final issue being 15,000. Hulk is currently below everything from Black Panther to Green Arrow, and is currently selling literally half of what Waid averaged IIRC.

Basically Marvel is either going to have to bring Banner back sooner rather than later, change the creative team (which I really don't want) or outright cancel Hulk for the time being. The series is in serious trouble atm.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: @atheistknowledge: @battle123axe: @greenscar1990

I thought it was worth mentioning that issue 16 of Totally Awesome Hulk was down to 18,000 sales, in comparison CoC's eighth issue was at 17,000 IIRC, with its final issue being 15,000. Hulk is currently below everything from Black Panther to Green Arrow, and is currently selling literally half of what Waid averaged IIRC.

Basically Marvel is either going to have to bring Banner back sooner rather than later, change the creative team (which I really don't want) or outright cancel Hulk for the time being. The series is in serious trouble atm.

the first one is the best, and the other two are just varying shades of bad, because i at least either want greg pak to finish telling his story on the hulk, or someone who is a well respected hulk writer to bring banner back. and cancelling hulk is just plain bad as that reduces the chnces of us seeing bruce banner again anytime soon.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#780 thedailybagel  Moderator

@battle123axe: I don't think pak actually has a story to finish telling; I mean we're 16 issues in and the series has basically gone nowhere. Compare these 16 issues to say his 12 issue arc of planet hulk (think it was 12 anyway), or his run on incredible hulks from say 611 to 627. They can't even compete.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#781  Edited By Battle123axe

@thedailybagel: while that is true, he'll probably have an arc where he reintroduces Bruce banner, so I can definitely wait for that.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#782  Edited By Lvenger

@thedailybagel: Wow those sales are dire. That is absolutely in cancellation territory, it's a miracle ToH has survived this long. There is a Bleeding Cool rumour that Marvel is going back to the 'meat and potatos' stories after Secret Empire, which includes bringing back Tony Stark and Bruce Banner to their original roles. They need to do something to fix what they broke. Hell even the most dedicated Hulk fans like GreenScar1990 have all but given up on the character, he never posts on here anymore.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#783 thedailybagel  Moderator

@lvenger: I'd personally consider Hulk to be one of Marvel's biggest characters, and he's usually around 30k sales I think.

And yeah, bringing back tony, banner and hopefully Thor would see a huge sales increase.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel: Even with Iron Man's popularity due to RDJ and the MCU, his comics don't sell that strongly do they? I guess you make a good point there.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#785  Edited By thedailybagel  Moderator

@lvenger: I haven't checked but i'm pretty sure that his series under Bendis was one of marvels best and most consistent in terms of sales.

Edit: Just checked two different random months and it was around 40 to 50k consistently. Above Aarons Thor, which btw aside from Jane being shoehorned in is actually really good.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

@atheistknowledge: @battle123axe: @thedailybagel: @lvenger:

Yes, it's a sad state that Marvel is in right now. And it's not just Hulk and his fans that are suffering. Many titles from Marvel are just plain lackluster. I'm only picking up and reading Thanos & Ultimates at the moment, as none of the other titles are worth my time. It's like there's no real imagination or creativity in Marvel Comics anymore.

In fact, it's sad and pathetic to see how far Marvel has fallen and become utterly consumed with its mediocrity. I blame the majority of it on Axel Alonso, the Editors, the Executives and some of the Writers at Marvel.

I mean, look at the upcoming Old Man Logan arch involving the Maestro! I'm not at all that impressed or excited about it! In all honesty, the whole idea is a major step back for the Maestro in my honest opinion. He has the power and intellect to be on par with villains like Thanos and Dr. Doom... and he's slugging it out with Old Man Logan? Seriously?!

It's a complete waste of an awesome, powerful, interesting character. I mean, hell, Wolverine is way out of his league against Hulk period. So what the hell is OML supposed to do against a version of Hulk as powerful and formidable as the Maestro? Get rag-dolled and ripped in half?

Honestly, the creativity and imagination at Marvel is so severely lacking these days it's not even close to being funny. It's disgusting and imbecilic. I can honestly see the meeting at Marvel, as to how to get Old Man Logan & Maestro to meet, going down like this:

Axel: Hey, let's have Old Man Logan slug it out with Old Man Hulk! Wouldn't that be cool, guys?

*Everyone in the room nods their heads like total idiots and sheep*

It's sad to see how far Marvel has fallen and become utterly consumed with its mediocrity. I blame the majority of it on Axel Alonso, the Editors, the Executives and some of the Writers at Marvel.

But there is some good news.

It appears like we'll finally be getting those PLANET HULK & WORLD WAR HULK Omnibus collections. We're even getting a Hulk/Thor battle collections and a prose novel for PLANET HULK! All I can say is that it's about damn time! Now if only we can get the PAD'S Hulk in Omnibus format.

https://www.amazon.com/Hulk-Planet-O...&keywords=hulk

https://www.amazon.com/Hulk-World-Wa...&keywords=hulk

https://www.amazon.com/Thor-Vs-Hulk/...&keywords=hulk

https://www.amazon.com/Hulk-Planet-P...&keywords=hulk

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#bringbackbanner

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

@stahlflamme: @bonifidehustla: @schwarz: @atheistknowledge: @lvenger: @thedailybagel: @battle123axe:

What are your thoughts on the upcoming event/crossover that involves the introduction of the Hulk/Wolverine hybrid from Weapon X?

Personally, I think it's nothing but complete s%&t.

More evidence that proves not only Axel Alonso, the Marvel Executives, Editors, and the majority of their writers are idiots, but that they have no real creativity or imagination what so freaking ever!

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#790  Edited By Battle123axe

@greenscar1990: it's bull, it's a horrible idea, and I see no reason to merge the characters, so I won't be contributing any money to it, however, I do have a respect thread I need to update, and if handled correctly (it won't) this hybrid could have some pretty good feats.

But it's still bull.

bonifidehustla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm I didn't know it was a real thing, I thought it was fan art I saw somewhere. I think its stupid.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#792 thedailybagel  Moderator

@greenscar1990: it says that even after 25 issues, chulk hasn't had a SINGLE ONE WITHOUT A CROSSOVER.

Literally every issue ever has either been a crossover or filled with guest starts. It's embarassing and the sales have fallen tremendously.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#793  Edited By Stahlflamme

@greenscar1990: Who had that idea? Al Ewing? Sounds like a character right out of his lame Avengers 20XX. Wolverine Hulk hybrid sounds pointless. It's just a hulk with claws right? It really doesn't sound like anything with potential.

Speaking of potential. The Austermonster. What the hell? Everything from name to design of that thing makes it obvious it was a one off villain, but seriously a guy with similiar cultural background to Amadeus and a warped version of his powers where he gets stronger based on the negative emotions of others making him an opponent Hulk can't beat in a straight up fight and therefore would make it necessary to use his brain more... Uh, Marvel, that guy should have been Amadeus nemesis for his time as the Hulk, not the catalyst for Maddies anger issues that make her look straightup bipolar and hypocritical in light of what she did in the Thor crossover.

@thedailybagel said:

@greenscar1990: it says that even after 25 issues, chulk hasn't had a SINGLE ONE WITHOUT A CROSSOVER.

Literally every issue ever has either been a crossover or filled with guest starts. It's embarassing and the sales have fallen tremendously.

I don't know Paks Hulk had guest stars every other issue since Planet Hulk ended...

Even Axel Alonso who had the idea abandoned ChoHulk almost immediately stating how there has been this Hulk sized hole in Marvel when promoting the new She-Hulk series.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#794 thedailybagel  Moderator

@stahlflamme: The 'guest stars' tended to be part of the main story and appropriate for the scale (IE Avengers aware of a planet hurtling towards them or Dr Strange being important to the plot), or more obscure ones like that savage land guy.

I mean what the Hell was Miles doing in hawaii with she hulk? What was the point of Jane, jeremy Lin, or the asian team he's with at the minute?

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greenscar1990: Who had that idea? Al Ewing? Sounds like a character right out of his lame Avengers 20XX. Wolverine Hulk hybrid sounds pointless. It's just a hulk with claws right? It really doesn't sound like anything with potential.

Speaking of potential. The Austermonster. What the hell? Everything from name to design of that thing makes it obvious it was a one off villain, but seriously a guy with similiar cultural background to Amadeus and a warped version of his powers where he gets stronger based on the negative emotions of others making him an opponent Hulk can't beat in a straight up fight and therefore would make it necessary to use his brain more... Uh, Marvel, that guy should have been Amadeus nemesis for his time as the Hulk, not the catalyst for Maddies anger issues that make her look straightup bipolar and hypocritical in light of what she did in the Thor crossover.

@thedailybagel said:

I don't know Paks Hulk had guest stars every other issue since Planet Hulk ended...

Even Axel Alonso who had the idea abandoned ChoHulk almost immediately stating how there has been this Hulk sized hole in Marvel when promoting the new She-Hulk series.

Thank you. God, so much potential wasted.

Daaaamn. That isn't good.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pak wants to bring Banner back

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#797  Edited By Battle123axe

@kgb725 said:

Pak wants to bring Banner back

really? where was this stated?

SheHulk528

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@atheistknowledge: I know this is old.But knowing almost everything on She Hulk there is to know.Those monster's were not on her lvl.

She Hulk doesn't even have a set lvl of strength and for them to so call be on her lvl she was handling them pretty fine.Stuff writer's say now and days is just for plot.I wonder why people use her to compare her strength to themselves first Evil Doc Samson? Now Monsters?.Also if they we're on her lvl they all would physically be stronger than Hercules and there's no way Cho is stronger than Multiple monster's stronger than Hercules.But I could be taking this out of context though they didn't say Stronger than She Hulk.But to be around her lvl,maybe they were saying equal which is still impossible cause they would be stronger than Hercules maybe just 100 toners.Basically those monster's weren't/aren't on her lvl.?

Avatar image for medulaoblaganda
    medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shehulk528: maybe those monsters her on she hulk base strength when she very calm. maybe that's what the writers are referring to. she hulk has beaten stronger opponent. a opponent stronger than her. her strength increases anyway. i still believe some writers makes false claims lol

SheHulk528

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#800  Edited By SheHulk528

@medulaoblaganda: At her base when calm she is well over 100+tons,Her base has no known limit along same as her upper limit.Those monster had to be just 100 toners.Writer's do.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.