Follow

Gwen Stacy

Character » Gwen Stacy appears in 1593 issues.

Gwen Stacy was the first true love of Peter Parker. She's best known for her tragic death by being thrown off from the Brooklyn Bridge by the Green Goblin. The Earth-65 version is Spider-Gwen who is a major player in the Spider family.

Should she die in the reboot?

thewidowsbite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By thewidowsbite

With the new Spider-Man reboot premiere looming a lot of fans have expressed delight to outrage with some of the aspects of the film. Some hate the fact that there will be a new cast, some hate the fact that it will start from scratch, some hate that our favorite superhero love interest redhead will not be appearing. But something I'm curious to know is whether or not the movie will become a new trilogy and if leading lady Gwen Stacy will die in the film. The vast majority of Spider-Man fans are aware of who Gwen Stacy is and what she is famous for. They are also aware that her death not only stuck, but was actually a major turning point (no pun intended) in Peter Parker's character development and in the history of comic books as a whole. Most fans agree that Gwen belongs dead and that she should die in the film.  

While I agree she should die eventually, I'm not so sure she should die so soon (especially if the film is the first in a trilogy) mostly because that's exactly what most of us are expecting. I personally would be very dissapointed if they followed the exact same recipe for her death as the comics, simply because there would be no suspense. In addition, in what manner should she die? Should she once again meet her fate at the George Washington Bridge, or be drained by Carnage? What if she doesn't die at all? Would that really be so bad if the film takes place in another universe seperate from the comics? What if they do something completely unexpected and introduce Mary Jane later and pair her with Peter and she dies instead? 

Everyone seems to have their minds made up that Ms. Stacy should die, but would it be a good idea if that's exactly what everyone's expecting?

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By InnerVenom123

Not until the sequel. 

Also, Ultimate Gwen's "death" (she came back, surprise!) at the hands of Ultimate Carnage was stupid. That should never be in any form of adaptation for Spider-man. Ever. 

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 48

#3  Edited By Black_Claw

Well there are a lot of things suggesting that Green Goblin will be the bad guy in the next movie. Mainly, Norman Osborn's name being dropped a lot and the man sppearing in the post credits scene with a high pitched voice (something that Gobby is known to have). I think she will die in the next film.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.