• 133 results
Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By Jenkale

so who is that above captain falcon? and who is the egyption god looking dude at the bottom? seems to be either alternate realities fighting each other OR past vs present but with miles morales being there im leaning towards the alt reality thing.

eamon542000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

In the top right corner...is...is that a clown?

dbatdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@serrure said:

@mangakid1995 said:

So I've been denying it for weeks but it's starting to look like Marvel could actually reboot and that's a shame.

not any time soon... you dont introduce Female-Thor, Falcon-Cap, The Ultimates too the 616 universe just to retcon it all away

Yeah they will :)

If those characters will not sell copies, they'll just bring back the old guys and reintroduce them with "All-New First Issue" crap.

They might bring back Wolverine on that event :)

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I see Darkdevil, Arno, Miles?, American Dream, Captain Mar-Vell? This looks like a bunch of different realities clashing together with Ribic drawing.....well I'm sold

Mucklefluga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

It's not for me but it looks awesome for people that are reading the Avengers books.

RalfvdH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Who's the clown?

leokearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Looks like Marvel's Crisis on Infinite Earths.

J_HickmanIsGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

stoked on this!

Hickman and his crew will do a great job im sure.
and then after he is finally done with all his Marvel
titles he'll be more free to do what he is personally
better at: his creative-own stories. We all need more
Hickman originals, i say.

Avatar image for theholeinthings
TheHoleInThings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another hero vs. hero event from marvel? Yeah I think ill sit this one out.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

So I've been denying it for weeks but it's starting to look like Marvel could actually reboot and that's a shame.

You may actually be right. Because the more I think about this event, the more it actually has me worried that Marvel might really be planning to reboot their main Marvel Universe.

Think about it: we have the incursion which, from what little I read in Hickman's Avengers and could be wrong on, is some short of force that will destroy not just the Earth of Earth-616 but other Earths in different universes. This could be why we're seeing an all-out war between different characters from various Earths as they're all fighting for their own world's survival.

The idea itself could lead to Marvel literally whipping away their multiverse, having the "winner" of this war being the rebooted Marvel Universe.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Another repeat of the Secret War event? A multiversal war between the Marvel Universes? The potential of a Marvel Universe reboot? Yeah I'm gonna pass thanks. You jumped on the Crisis of Infinite Earths bandwagon a couple decades late Marvel, a full scale reboot isn't going to go over too well.

Still, with Ross on covers and Ribic on interiors, it may look nice at least. But this just shows the Marvel comics of today aren't the comics I want to be reading. Good thing their movies are consistently solid.

consafo80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thought this may be what happened during the 8 months skipped but now have seen picture not sure. Looks a bit too "and then the heroes fight" to me but its Hickman so sure I'll be brilliant and added bonus Ribic on art.

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hate to be THAT guy, but the Secret Wars name has been used a lot. I think they should've used another name to separate it from the original Secret Wars & Bendis' Secret Wars. But I digress. If this does lead to a reboot, I hope it fixes some of the things that have been done to major, iconic Marvel characters, I don't have to mention their names. At this point, I'm cool with that idea, as long as they don't reboot the Winter Soldier, Star-Lord or Rocket Raccoon I'm fine. (Bucky Barnes: The Winter Soldier, Legendary Star-Lord & Rocket Raccoon are the only books I'm reading concurrently, & picking up Angela: AA when it comes out.) If they do a reboot however, I feel it might be to make things closer to the MCU, & the characters I mentioned will be excluded since they're already pretty close to their movie counterparts. Maybe GOTG will get a better writer, not picking on Bendis but the book could be so much better; love the characters but the team would be much better in other hands. Not exactly a reboot fan, but if that's what's in the cards..well, them's the brakes, kid, gotta roll with it. As long as the characters are still recognizable as the characters I know & love & have the same values, I'm cool.

Moving on, it's awesome to see Mar-Vell in that pic, done by the talented Mr. Ross. Been reading Starlin's Captain Marvel lately, man I miss Mar-Vell, so seeing the good Captain in that pic made me smile a bit. And as always, Ross' art is fantastic.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like Marvel's Crisis on Infinite Earths.

That was obvivios from the beginning of the incursions, heh.

MegaHGFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see the point of doing a hard reboot other than to make it easier for the writers so they won't have to worry with continuity. Some characters (Spider-man for one) might benefit from having their stories rebooted in a soft reboot sort of way, but it would be a lose for the entire Marvel Universe to be rebooted.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Rubear

He-he-heh. What if Great Destroyer will be called Anti-Tribunal or Unliving Tribunal?)

Autopsad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

• 616 current
  • Silver age 616
  • Earth-X
  • Mangaverse
  • New Universe
  • MC2
  • Supreme Power
  • Squadron Supreme
  • Ultimate
  • Crazy
  • Noir

They better not screw this up. I'm hype.

+1

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Reboot!! Reboot!Save Daredevil

Avatar image for raggedscarecrow
RaggedScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ralfvdh said:

Who's the clown?

Rabum Alal, the Great Destroyer?

HushoftheWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By HushoftheWind

@samuel_simmons said:

So infinite crisis.

yep, that's what im getting out of it. I think by the end of this event some people are going to be pissed b/c Marvel really wants Spider-man in their cinematic franchise i noticed that Miles got a pretty big spot on that art. I wouldnt be surprise if Miles become the main spider at the end of this.

Edit: Also i think a reboot would benefit the villains of Marvel b/c as of now Marvel seem to throw their bad guys by the waste side.

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reboot!! Reboot!Save Daredevil

Sadly our man DD needs a reboot

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 17

@lvenger said:

Another repeat of the Secret War event? A multiversal war between the Marvel Universes? The potential of a Marvel Universe reboot? Yeah I'm gonna pass thanks. You jumped on the Crisis of Infinite Earths bandwagon a couple decades late Marvel, a full scale reboot isn't going to go over too well.

Still, with Ross on covers and Ribic on interiors, it may look nice at least. But this just shows the Marvel comics of today aren't the comics I want to be reading. Good thing their movies are consistently solid.

I will riot

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

So, good ol' Marvel vs crappy new Marvel? 3 guesses who I'm rooting for.

That reminds me, did the original X-Men ever get sent back to the past?

I wonder if this is going to lead to the rumored reboot.

More importantly though Another Event! C'mon Marvel.

this

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hickman has been amazing with his Avengers run, so I'm all over this.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I'm reading that image right, and I like to think that I am, this looks like Crisis on Infinite Earth meets Civil War (ugh, not again :-/) meets Secret Wars ? But is like Secret Wars 3, isn't it?

Lol @ no XMEN, Fantastic Four or original 616 Spider-Man being included in this massive event....I swear MARVEL has turned into a bunch of junior high school girls *smh*

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

Why use the Secret Wars name again? It's already been used a few times.

UrbanChill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

is anyone aware of the fact that dc has an event like this going on right now called futures end ?

Kerrigan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#82  Edited By Kerrigan
Mrfuzzynutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

That clown it the corner....some please tell me that is NOT Obnoxio The Clown?!...Please say that is not him!

Avatar image for the_average_bear
The Average Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#84  Edited By The Average Bear

I see Miles Morales on the "current" side. Probably an outcome of Spider-verse? I wonder if he'll come over to the main U or if Miles might die and Peter takes over his suit as tribute. I feel like the latter would not go over well. And if something ELSE happens to Peter being Spider-Man I'm really gonna be annoyed

Novemberx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well Im only excited because Hickman new-avengers/avengers run has been setting this up for ages... if it was any other writers i would't care

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are people reading a different article than me? It only states series and event is nowhere mentioned in this.

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

Is this going try and fix the damage done by Age of Ultron or something?

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

@maccyd said:

Are people reading a different article than me? It only states series and event is nowhere mentioned in this.

It doesn't need to be said, with a name like secret ways it's going to be called an event.

Avatar image for heraldofganthet
HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever:

I wonder if this is going to lead to the rumored reboot.

More importantly though Another Event! C'mon Marvel.

This^^. These people make me angry.:(

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Infinite crisis.

DD208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

On the poster the Hulk looks pretty insignificant. And a universe/dimension wide event without Reed Richards just seems wrong.

pingclang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 121

That's the wrong Cap in that pic...

asjmooney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've never read secret wars. Should I check it out?

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Anyone else see Iron Man Noir O.o

On this side

<,<

Lots of Iron Mans

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@kerrigan said:

So, no mutants at all in that pic, right?

Falcon's in it.

grinderkiller1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am DOWN with this thing.....if they don't have Superior Iron-Man fight Pre-Douche Iron Man i WILL be dissapointed

illmatic4177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By illmatic4177

How is it every time an event is announced people start screaming of a Marvel reboot? And it never happens. And certain characters are not in the one press picture released, so all of a sudden Marvel is not using them anymore. I'm pretty sure their is an event going on right now featuring the Avengers AND the X-Men. So please stop all the reboot, or Marvel wants to devalue the X-Men and Fantastic Four talk. Until they actually do it, there is no real evidence they are going too. Reconning certain things is not the same as a New 52 style reboot at all. And cancelling all the X-Men and Fantastic Four books is not common sense, cause it will not get the movie rights back. That being said, as good as this looks, I hope its a series, not a huge crossovers to every book event. Marvel really is getting carried away with the events. But they seem to make money, so I guess it's hard to blame them.

meatwadf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know what's real interesting? Notice how none of the properties Marvel can make movies out of are there. No 616 Spidey, FF, or X-Men.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@meatwadf: I've been telling everyone, Marvels going to reboot them out of continuity. Just watch.

meatwadf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By meatwadf

@micah: I'm not sure about that, but hey, you never know. When serious money is on the line, anything is possible. Heh