Writing Confessions

Thee_Champion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@_animus_: Thanks! Loved your post too. And my post here wasn't directed at you (or anyone for that matter!). It was Dreadstroke's post above that reminded me to give LL her respect for bringing the concept over. Definitely understood the symbolism in your post, reminded me of a "God is dead" sentiment too!

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4aaebccd120
deactivated-5a4aaebccd120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thee_champion: Oh, word lol. I was wondering if using the term would confuse anybody. Glad it landed the way it was intended. New Gods were fun. I always thought the idea had more potential than was ever used, still do.

Thee_Champion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65203  Edited By Thee_Champion

@_animus_: I think you used the term in a clever way. Not only did I understand what you meant but it was like reading it from someone who'd gone to an afterlife and found an empty throne and claimed it, I loved it, LOL. Yeah they were pretty fun! Kinda hoping LL revisits it, if she ever comes back.

Mr. Mercury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_animus_: I think you used the term in a clever way. Not only did I understand what you meant but it was like reading it from someone who'd gone to the afterlife and found an empty throne and claimed it, I loved it, LOL. Yeah they were pretty fun! Kinda hoping LL revisits it, if she ever comes back.

See, that's why I f--ks with you.

If she does come back and embraces everything I wouldn't mind seeing her go a DC style New Gods direction. Like a team of New Gods vs some kind of Darkseid style New Devils.

Thee_Champion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65206  Edited By Thee_Champion

@_animus_: Reminds me of those PM brainstorming sessions haha.

That's a pretty good idea, especially considering how underused Darkseid is as a look. I'd have thought Warsman would've claimed it by now, LOL.

Hand_of_Nordok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thee_Champion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hand_of_nordok: Lack of gifs right? LOL, I can definitely see Nordok as Darkseid. Because other than Warsman's characters, he's the only consistent cosmic overlord archetype, and you've built a lot of canon around him. CVnU space loses most of itself if you decided to retcon the Imperium.

Hand_of_Nordok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thee_champion: Actually the gif haul isn't the worst I've seen, and there's some great video clips that would have been useful, too. ;)

Loading Video...

I think what ultimately led me away from the look was that Nordok became more and more about death, and I'm trying to keep the green-yellow energy thing consistent with him (the Warcraft film has been great for that, lol.)

And thank you for the kind words. Someone else who I've felt has been very consistent in building cosmic canon, though, was Vrakmul.

Thee_Champion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hand_of_nordok: Makes sense, the direction you're going with Nordok doesn't entirely match Darkseid's aesthetic. The green energy aesthetic is pretty cool. You can just imagine some explorer on a distant world gazing up at the night sky and noticing an emerald glow from what looks like a distant star but he/she knows better, in space green energy has become synonymous with death, with Nordok. No worries, mano, I give credit where credit is due. Oh yeah I remember Vrakmul, she disappeared completely, LOL.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thee_Champion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_animus_: Definitely. Any time you feel like brainstorming, I'm a PM away.

Right? Nothing worse than a good look without decent gif material. Though that gif-creator you linked us all too has made a lot easier. Most of my gifs come from using it now, LOL.

MercysDad4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Idk if I'm Monica, Phoebe, or Rachel.

Or Chandler.

What was that again about Aaron Rodgers being overrated? Cause the Cowboys are not convinced either :)

Avatar image for ali_sani_bashir
Ali_Sani_Bashir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@nikoleta_strix said:

Or Chandler.

What was that again about Aaron Rodgers being overrated? Cause the Cowboys are not convinced either :)

He's a baaaaaad man. Did you see that throw? Great catch, but come on holy sh!t that throw was a dime.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_animus_: Definitely. Any time you feel like brainstorming, I'm a PM away.

Right? Nothing worse than a good look without decent gif material. Though that gif-creator you linked us all too has made a lot easier. Most of my gifs come from using it now, LOL.

Took you up on that.

Ikr? My decision on some alts being made used to depend on gif material alone. With the apps now it's almost a non-issue.

Thee_Champion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_animus_: This is gonna be good, haha.

Right? You saved the entire forum from a shit ton of problems.

MercysDad4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mercysdad4ever said:
@nikoleta_strix said:

Or Chandler.

He's a baaaaaad man. Did you see that throw? Great catch, but come on holy sh!t that throw was a dime.

It's just what the man does, give him any kind of protection and he puts on a magic show.

Neither D played worth a damn and Dak Prescott played better than I expected (him being a rookie in his first playoff game), just came down to who got the ball last.

Ali_Sani_Bashir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mercysdad4ever: It was an entertaining game. It was like 20-3 and I almost turned it off but the Cowboys showed heart. Rodgers has damn near called his shot with that 'we gotta run the table' comment. Sure as hell better then that bullshit Babe Ruth called his shot nonsense lol

Ali_Sani_Bashir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I religiously use that gifcam now. That coupled with my ability to blackwash anyone, gifs and avs are an obsolete problem.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I religiously use that gifcam now. That coupled with my ability to blackwash anyone, gifs and avs are an obsolete problem.

No Caption Provided

MercysDad4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mercysdad4ever: It was an entertaining game. It was like 20-3 and I almost turned it off but the Cowboys showed heart. Rodgers has damn near called his shot with that 'we gotta run the table' comment. Sure as hell better then that bullshit Babe Ruth called his shot nonsense lol

Cowboys have way too much talent to get blown out, even if Rodgers is on fire, I was surprised it wasn't closer throughout the whole game. The combo of Dak and Zeke bodes well for the future in Dallas so we haven't seen the last of them in playoffs, give them a few years to further adjust to the speed of the NFL game and they could go on a playoff run for years.

Rodgers knows the Packers have a deep roster (their GM's draft record is stellar) and if the injuries that crippled them earlier in the year tapered off they could beat any team at any time if he was on point. Like he said in 2014... R-E-L-A-X

Icefire_Outlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok so now we know, evil Jesse is way too easy and way too fun to write.

Lichter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rip CVU-Macau, CVU_Macau, and Macau-CVU
Rip CVU-Macau, CVU_Macau, and Macau-CVU

Lichter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This time it'll work.

Dreadstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The New God concept was always cool and we can never forget LL for bringing it to this forum. The idea of deities spawning from breakthroughs in science and whatnot is pretty interesting. Ancient gods were gods of fire and water, love and war, magic and animals, and all that. The New Gods are modern gods that represent what is important to modern-day people. So you'd have a New God who is the nGod/nGoddess of the internet who came into existence at the true start of the Digital Age just like Kelly (LL's character) was the nGoddess of the Atom or Progress who came into existence at the start of the Atomic Age and became the nGoddess of Evolution after adapting to the loss of his powers.

You can do a lot with the concept because it gives you a really good foundation of ideas.

Image result for Salute gif

Thee_Champion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ananke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never even knew that man existed but I cried a little bit.

Thee_Champion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've never met anyone who is as eager as she is to spar then smoke a J right after haha.

Avatar image for thisisgonnahurt
ThisIsGonnaHurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

That's a pretty good idea, especially considering how underused Darkseid is as a look. I'd have thought Warsman would've claimed it by now, LOL.

I've noticed that Darkseid is the go-to beatstick for a lot of DC canon, too.

Outside of the Anti-Monitor (whose corpse was used to power Infinity Crisis, for crying out loud) I don't think I've seen a supposed worldbreaker-level character get wrecked and killed so often.

Thee_Champion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thisisgonnahurt: Anti-Monitor is treated like trash, LOL. It's all a shame really. Reminds me of how goofy Marvel made Galactus.

Nikoleta_Strix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rodgers is impeccable.

I freaking hate Roethlisberger.

ThisIsGonnaHurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thee_champion:

Kinda made up for it with his recent Ultimate stuff, but you can only do so much with a giant who wears a dance club on his head.

Ultimate Nullifier, never forget.

ThisIsGonnaHurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ananke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It takes a lot to acknowledge you lost a fight when you were gifted a decision. Extra bad since this is at least the second time it's happened tonight. (Second that I've seen.) I hope Joe Lauzon opens the door for more fighters to start acknowledging when they were gifted fights they didn't really win.

Thee_Champion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thee_champion:

Kinda made up for it with his recent Ultimate stuff, but you can only do so much with a giant who wears a dance club on his head.

Ultimate Nullifier, never forget.

ThisIsGonnaHurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thee_Champion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yair Rodriguez better win. I'm tired of BJ Penn, LOL.

Thee_Champion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now BJ Penn can retire. I'm so tired of that puta. I'm tired of hearing about a "motivated BJ Penn". I'm tired of the guy who fought Frankie Edgar three times and lost to Frankie Edgar all three times, LMAO. It was "I wanna fight Frankie cause he's small", he loses. Then "I wanna rematch Frankie cause I want revenge", he loses, then it was "Shit I need at least one win against this guy", then he loses. It's like his legacy wasn't tarnished enough when he told GSP he was willing to die in the octagon then when they actually fought he quit on his corner stool. Dios mio, just retire man, don't turn into Fedor.

X-Rey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another disappointing year for the Chiefs. When will they realize Alex Smith isn't the answer?

Alianette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That took longer then expected, gona go chill a bit before further posting I think

_Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65244  Edited By _Drake

Westworld has some interesting take on philosophy.

Aberdeen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm so addicted to Pocketful of Sunshine. I was wondering who made that song for years.

Merci, Easy A.

Ananke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@everdeen: That seems like an unnecessary thing to wonder for years when you've got the Internet.

_Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65247  Edited By _Drake

A character that knows it's being written in a fictional world, where nothing has real consequences and the absurd can happen.

I could legitimately love writing that, but it'd fall way more into inner thoughts and strange actions rather than anything else. It wouldn't be the usual character, since it knows the truth. The idea could very well flop just for being absurd.

I'll keep this in mind if I ever get bored and want to write something that could actually be groundbreaking for once.

Aberdeen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ananke: That's true, but I didn't exactly hear the full song or ever bothered trying to look it up, haha.

_Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hail Mary for Drake's theme? Not a bad idea at all. Lyrics gave me ideas.

Avatar image for ziccarra_liafador
Ziccarra_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tooo much sauce