Majority of Americans would rather have a gay president

Avatar image for ace_of_spades90
Ace_Of_Spades90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

than an evangelical christian president.

More Americans feel comfortable with a presidential candidate who identifies as gay or lesbian than with one who identifies as an evangelical Christian, according to a new poll.

The latest WSJ/NBC poll listed a series of qualities in a potential presidential candidate and asked respondents whether they'd "be enthusiastic," "be comfortable with," "have some reservations about" or "be very uncomfortable with" a candidate with each of those qualities.

The results revealed that Americans are actually quite open to having a gay presidential candidate. Sixty-one percent said they would be either enthusiastic about or comfortable with a gay or lesbian candidate, while only 37 percent said they would have reservations or be uncomfortable.

By comparison, respondents were a little less comfortable with the prospect of a candidate who is an evangelical Christian. Fifty-two percent said they'd be enthusiastic about or comfortable with an evangelical Christian running for president, while 44 percent expressed some degree of hesitancy about the idea. (Two percent of respondents said they were not sure about a gay or lesbian candidate, while four percent were not sure about an evangelical.)

The results point to a cultural shift in perceptions of gay people in recent years.

Link: http://www.advocate.com/politics/2015/05/06/poll-americans-prefer-gay-president-evangelical-or-tea-partier

Thoughts?

Avatar image for the_caped_crusader
The_Caped_Crusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for midnightdragon18
midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By midnightdragon18

too long didn't read

Ace_Of_Spades90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope Huckabee and Santorum read this and are pissed off =D

It shows that progress is being made.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Every single president has been some form of Christian or Catholic

But this doesn't prove the cultural shift as much as other things that have been happening.

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8 Straight-Fire  Online

K.

Yours truly, Frosty

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm, really? I guess since crazy Christians make the news more often, it's easy to forget that most of America is fairly rational people.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By Pharoh_Atem
No Caption Provided

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

lol

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I don't like this.

Ace_Of_Spades90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Ace_Of_Spades90

@sog7dc:

Lol what?

It's not like it's surprising.

If by evangelical Christian we mean the Religious Right type then, as a Christian myself, I can easily say I would rather have a gay President than an evangelical Christian President.

I think people who are too theocratic pervert my religion into something it is not

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I wrote a gay erotic story about Bush JR once

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@cgoodness said:

Excerpts, or it didn't happen. >:)

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011 said:
@wolverine08 said:

I don't like this.

:)

Too bad them gays still can't get married......

:D :D :D

Marriage is garbage anyway - they should be happy they can't get taken to the cleaners. ^_~

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Wolverine008

@cgoodness said:

Take an L for wanting to see this :D

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IMO, americans don't want their president basing their decisions on a 2,000 yr old book. They would rather have a progressive kind of thinker....like a gay person

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SilverPool

Yeah, I'd way prefer a gay lying sack of sh** over a Christian lying sack of sh** any day...

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

Every single president has been some form of Christian or Catholic

But this doesn't prove the cultural shift as much as other things that have been happening.

Why is Christian and Catholic two separate things? O_o

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd: They have slightly different beliefs in some areas

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#24  Edited By nefarious

I wouldn't mind a gay president.

Infinityball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stupid people

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: Catholics are Christian. You're thinking of Protestants.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cgoodness said:

I was part of my college Young Republicans Committee, I grew up in a very christian conservative town in Texas. I had wrote many essays and articles about how great Bush JR was, what a wonderful president and man. I had his merchandise plastered all over my dormitory. One day checking the mail I received a invitation to a GOP event featuring many notable Republicans like Ted Cruz, John Boehner, and.....no way...Bush Jr. My heart dropped, my palms got sweaty, I couldn't believe it, to be in the same room with my idol, I felt complete. I run to my dorm and grab my credit card, "I have to but the best outfit i can find" i told myself, jump in my Ford, and head to the nearest Western Outfitters.

The day arrives of the GOP event, its a NRA sponsored event about the importance of the 2nd Amendment, it was a 73 mile drive from my college and im wearing the expensive suit I bought from Western Outfitters, a blue cowboy hat, american flag jacket, blue jeans, and cowboy boots featuring a bald eagle on the tip. The waiter takes me to my seat and tells me my sponsor will be sitting next to me this evening. "Who is my sponsor?" I asked, but before the waiter could answer a warm fatherly voice behind me says "that would be me", I turn around and there he is, my idol, Bush Jr! He extends his hand out for a handshake, shaking uncontrollably I shake his hand, "oh my god" i think to myself, "Bush Jr must have read my articles ive written".

The event goes on and we chat a bit about how the illegal homosexual liberal immigrants are trying to take all our guns and jobs, at the events end the temperature spiked, Bush taking notice of how sweaty I had became asked if I was ok, "yes im fine sir", Bush smiles and says "I know your college is a bit of a drive away, why don't you stay the night over at my retreat, its just a couple of miles away from here", "it would be a honor sir" i quickly respond.

The event is over and im at Bushs retreat, its a decent sized house hidden behind a huge cement fence that surrounds it. I had just gotten in the shower, it was All-Over Spray Spa Shower, it felt invigorating, I was in the middle of shampooing my hair when i heard the door to the shower open, i turn to see Bush standing there with the door open, naked with his Cheney at full attention. "Bush! Sir what are you doing!?" i ask, "digging for oil" he quickly responds with a grin. He grabs me by the neck and slams me against the shower wall, he turns me around and whispers in my ear "open up your border, my stimulus package is ready".........

Ace_Of_Spades90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SuperAdam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't believe it. You can make polls or statistics say whatever you want. Like that BS poll that said 97% of scientists believe in Global Warming, when they didn't even ask 100 people.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By kgb725

I don't care about politics either way

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

@dccomicsrule2011 said:
@cgoodness said:

I was part of my college Young Republicans Committee, I grew up in a very christian conservative town in Texas. I had wrote many essays and articles about how great Bush JR was, what a wonderful president and man. I had his merchandise plastered all over my dormitory. One day checking the mail I received a invitation to a GOP event featuring many notable Republicans like Ted Cruz, John Boehner, and.....no way...Bush Jr. My heart dropped, my palms got sweaty, I couldn't believe it, to be in the same room with my idol, I felt complete. I run to my dorm and grab my credit card, "I have to but the best outfit i can find" i told myself, jump in my Ford, and head to the nearest Western Outfitters.

The day arrives of the GOP event, its a NRA sponsored event about the importance of the 2nd Amendment, it was a 73 mile drive from my college and im wearing the expensive suit I bought from Western Outfitters, a blue cowboy hat, american flag jacket, blue jeans, and cowboy boots featuring a bald eagle on the tip. The waiter takes me to my seat and tells me my sponsor will be sitting next to me this evening. "Who is my sponsor?" I asked, but before the waiter could answer a warm fatherly voice behind me says "that would be me", I turn around and there he is, my idol, Bush Jr! He extends his hand out for a handshake, shaking uncontrollably I shake his hand, "oh my god" i think to myself, "Bush Jr must have read my articles ive written".

The event goes on and we chat a bit about how the illegal homosexual liberal immigrants are trying to take all our guns and jobs, at the events end the temperature spiked, Bush taking notice of how sweaty I had became asked if I was ok, "yes im fine sir", Bush smiles and says "I know your college is a bit of a drive away, why don't you stay the night over at my retreat, its just a couple of miles away from here", "it would be a honor sir" i quickly respond.

The event is over and im at Bushs retreat, its a decent sized house hidden behind a huge cement fence that surrounds it. I had just gotten in the shower, it was All-Over Spray Spa Shower, it felt invigorating, I was in the middle of shampooing my hair when i heard the door to the shower open, i turn to see Bush standing there with the door open, naked with his Cheney at full attention. "Bush! Sir what are you doing!?" i ask, "digging for oil" he quickly responds with a grin. He grabs me by the neck and slams me against the shower wall, he turns me around and whispers in my ear "open up your border, my stimulus package is ready".........

No Caption Provided

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

You mean you guys still haven't had one? ;)

Wait, wasn't Lincoln gay?

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

good for them

Avatar image for deactivated-5da1bf32237f0
deactivated-5da1bf32237f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Okay?

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

darkbeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good im sorry but I just can't stand religion.

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 King_Saturn  Online

You know what ? I would rather have a President who has the ability to get stuff done for the better of the People. I don't give a sh!t if he is Gay, Straight, Black, White, Jew, Atheist, Christian. I want someone who can actually function as a leader who may not be totally perfect with delivering all he says he will but at least will be honest about what he can do as he is in office.

How About That

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know what ? I would rather have a President who has the ability to get stuff done for the better of the People. I don't give a sh!t if he is Gay, Straight, Black, White, Jew, Atheist, Christian. I want someone who can actually function as a leader who may not be totally perfect with delivering all he says he will but at least will be honest about what he can do as he is in office.

How About That

Also how can they say the poll is acruate if every single american wasn't polled?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

King Saturn nailed it.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A gay president would make this country FAB-U-LOUS! So I'd be down.