Favorite Star Wars character and Why? May the 4th Hype!

infinitehope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By infinitehope

Poll Favorite Star Wars character and Why? May the 4th Hype! (11 votes)

Luke Skywalker 0%
Yoda 9%
Obi-wan Kenobi 9%
Han Solo 9%
Leia Organa 0%
Ahsoka Tano 0%
Captain Rex 0%
Commander Cody 0%
Jar Jar Binks 0%
Jacen Solo 0%
Mace Windu 0%
Darth Vader/Anakin Skywalker 45%
Emperor Palpatine 0%
Boba Fett 0%
Count Dooku 0%
General Grevious 0%
Darth Maul 0%
Kyle Katarn 0%
Starkiller 0%
Revan 9%
Mara Jade 9%
Cassian Jeron Andor 0%
C-3PO 9%
Chewbacca 0%
R2-D2 0%
Grand Admiral Thrawn 0%
Wilhuff Tarkin 0%
Hondo Ohnaka 0%
Cad Bane 0%
Asajj Ventress 0%
Lando Calrissian 0%
Kreia 0%
Jabba the Hutt 0%
Kylo Ren 0%
Satine Kryze 0%
Bo-Katan 0%
Chirrut Îmwe 0%
Savage Opress 0%
Senator Bail Organa 0%
Finn 0%
Rey 0%
K-2SO 0%
Nien Nunb 0%
Admiral Ackbar 0%
Wedge Antilles 0%
Jaina Solo Fel 0%
Darth Bane 0%
Krayt 0%
Other 0%

Who is your favorite Star Wars character and why?

• 
A_FINE_EDITION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll go with a personal favorite that I don't think gets nearly enough love. C-3P0 is frankly my favorite of the droid duo. He's sorely underrated and I think he's genuinely funnier than R2 has ever been. His back and forth with Han Solo in ESB is unmatched in my mind.

Referee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Han Solo, the stuck up half witted scruffy looking nerf herder

I love him because basically he's a good-hearted scoundrel, and I have always loved that character in fiction.

ArranVid2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A USA poll came out recently and it said that Jar Jar Binks is the most loved character in the whole series, and most fans thinks that Jar Jar Binks was an excellent addition to the films (I made that up, and I am just joking...I know that a lot of fans do not like Jar Jar Binks and they find him annoying, lol). Funnily enough, I was only around 6 years old when The Phantom Menace came out in the cinema in England, and it was one of the first movies I ever watched in my life, and I thought Jar Jar Binks looked cool, lol. I even had a big action toy of Jar Jar Binks, lol...I had a big action toy of him, and I also had a smaller toy of him holding a staff or something. It was only later on that I realized that there were many people who did not like Jar Jar Binks, lol. Nowadays, I do think that Jar Jar Binks is a rastafarian stereotype though...I might be wrong.

As for which character is my favourite...I think my favourite might be Grandmaster Yoda...because he is mostly good, he is one of the most powerful characters in the series, he is badass with his Jedi skills and he is wise and intelligent. I love his use of the Force...and I like the acrobatic skill he displays when fighting with his lightsaber. Also, green is a cool colour for a lightsaber :-)

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By King_Saturn

I will take Darth Vader. One of the most menacing Villains I had ever seen in a Movie. Iconic Look for an Iconic Character.

ryus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Voted Mara Jade because I feel her character definitely needs more love and because I love EU Luke Skywalker and don't want any potential vote for Luke being conflated with Disney Luke.

That said, I normally ranks my favorites as follows:

1. [Legends] Luke Skywalker [pre Denningverse]

2. Mara Jade Skywalker [pre Denningverse]

3. The Exile from Kotor 2 (I dislike how they got retconned with SWTOR content though... same goes for the next 2 entries)

4. Kreia

5. Revan

6. Jacen Solo [pre Denningverse]

7. Corran Horn [pre Denningverse]

8. Anakin Solo

9. Kyle Katarn

10. Jaina Solo [pre Denningverse]

As you can see, I'm very opinionated in what I consider well written and loyal to the characters established personality and powers. I view Denningverse and Disney's Sequels as some of the worst content ever created for the franchise.

FalsePromise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

None. I was never into Star Wars since I was a kid

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I kind of wish Darth Vader and Anakin Skywalker were two separate options, because my favorite character is Vader, but I really don't like Anakin that much.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By dshipp17

I'm more of a Trekkie you can say, pre-Discovery (2009), Deanna (DeAnna?) Troi, Seven of Nine days (e.g. I really don't like the recent revamping of franchises, in order to push woke theology on everyone who were fans to then stringboard off of us, push us away, and bring in new fans); while I heard about much Star Wars, I only really saw parts of the Empire Strikes Back and two of the later trilogies to be real honest, so I might not know too much about it by now; because of the later trilogies, I probably would have said Yoda; I really dislike how Yoda always doubted and saw the bad in Anakin, when he was just a little boy; that's something that really touches and affects me on a real personal level; I can really thank Jesus for believing in me my whole life and then thank God taking care of me my whole life, when every person who are thought of as being closest to someone would eventually dropped out on me; kind of the reverse of the dynamics between Yoda and Anakin.

The villain of my life believed in me when no one else really would by offering me my first career opportunity; although we've really fought in employment litigation longer than I've been in school and then working in my career that I went to school to achieve, forcing me to be that lawyer my mother wanted, when I'm trying to be that scientists that I wanted, I'll still have an open spot in my heart for him; after knowing him on a more personal level, I'd describe it more as him wanting to accomplish things but having the people I should have gone to for help carrying out his dirty work for him (e.g. while he's a nice guy who's more of an evolving kid manipulator, the ones I went to for help are the actual manipulators in the real sense of the word; he was sort of nice, could misunderstand and then fight, having to battle me and playing behind my back finally made him a real manipulator, villain boss person that perhaps he really wanted and thought that he was before I came along; he was genuinely a nice guy by heart).

But, as a warrior, everyone knows to respect me, either firsthand, or after learning it from that first battle; before anyone really respected me, my main antagonist did and used an offhand remark that I made to him quite literally the first few moments we meant each other in person against me ever since, on my very first day for work; that remark has now really came back to bite me; Jesus has kept me afloat ever since, miracle after miracle; I really won my case with my first administrative submission only four months in but then the deciders would always cheat me and really change my view of how the justice systems really works (e.g. the only real chance and way against me, ex parte communication, as the fuel).

However, I tend to like villains a lot; I find Emperor Palpatine to be about the most fascinating Star Wars character that I've seen yet; I like Luke being a protégée type character, as well as his father, Anakin; they really took after each other. The thing with Star Wars for me, though, is many of the good guys are killed off before their characters can really develop in comparison to the villains; probably around the best movie scenes of all time was Darth Vader asking for and receiving redemption from Luke as his final dying wish, right after saving son also; many movies have tended to somehow emulate that ever since; I liked Anakin's wife/girlfriend or Luke's mother, the entire Skywalker family.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oof. It’s probably Han or Vader

infinitehope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll go with a personal favorite that I don't think gets nearly enough love. C-3P0 is frankly my favorite of the droid duo. He's sorely underrated and I think he's genuinely funnier than R2 has ever been. His back and forth with Han Solo in ESB is unmatched in my mind.

He's a good character with a standout cinematic personality! Glad to see you put him.

infinitehope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ryus said:

Voted Mara Jade because I feel her character definitely needs more love and because I love EU Luke Skywalker and don't want any potential vote for Luke being conflated with Disney Luke.

That said, I normally ranks my favorites as follows:

1. [Legends] Luke Skywalker [pre Denningverse]

2. Mara Jade Skywalker [pre Denningverse]

3. The Exile from Kotor 2 (I dislike how they got retconned with SWTOR content though... same goes for the next 2 entries)

4. Kreia

5. Revan

6. Jacen Solo [pre Denningverse]

7. Corran Horn [pre Denningverse]

8. Anakin Solo

9. Kyle Katarn

10. Jaina Solo [pre Denningverse]

As you can see, I'm very opinionated in what I consider well written and loyal to the characters established personality and powers. I view Denningverse and Disney's Sequels as some of the worst content ever created for the franchise.

Thank you so much for being so thoughtful and sincere with your fandom. I appreciate you being particular because it's important for characterization. May the 4th be with you!