Avatar image for deactivated-62f3a8e120119
deactivated-62f3a8e120119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

Feel free to discuss about the show here after it releases, episode by episode.

Avatar image for deactivated-62f3a8e120119
deactivated-62f3a8e120119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

Sick episode, Captain Carter OP.

Avatar image for deactivated-6349385499256
deactivated-6349385499256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ultron with lance looks sick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akz: not yet, I'm going to watch it when I get home

mandabub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Gonna watch it tomorrow

viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Will watch it tomorrow!

Joshua1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great episode. Watching the trailer and seeing the animation made me worried but after watching the episode it works pretty well.

I know the MCU are inconsistent when it comes to powers but Captain Carter seemed a lot more powerful than Rogers. It makes sense because before Rogers got enhanced he was scrawny and probably a lot weaker than Carter.

So maybe its just them trying to promote Carter or they deliberately made her more powerful due to her being stronger before the enhancement and if so I wonder what would happen if you put Peter Parker in there.

KillianDuclark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, Peggy was kind of a Mary Sue in this one to be honest.

And the political commentary was as subtle as falcon and winter soldier. So pretty hamfisted and cringe. Makes sense for the time period but could have been handled better than "generic sexist white man bad"

Action was nice though. But the episode doesn't really make interested in the series in general.

It's too weak of beginning to effectively hook me. They should have released like the first three episodes. Cause all the reviewers praised it because they saw the first 3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Peggy was having fun while killing soldiers

wth..?

Joshua1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Joshua1990
@killianduclark said:

Yeah, Peggy was kind of a Mary Sue in this one to be honest.

And the political commentary was as subtle as falcon and winter soldier. So pretty hamfisted and cringe. Makes sense for the time period but could have been handled better than "generic sexist white man bad"

Action was nice though. But the episode doesn't really make interested in the series in general.

It's too weak of beginning to effectively hook me. They should have released like the first three episodes. Cause all the reviewers praised it because they saw the first 3

Annoys me how people get defensive about stuff like this and tend to cherry pick:

Hey I'm upset that there's an old white guy behaving the way many old white guys would of behaved during that time and so when its highlighted in movies or tv shows ill play the "generic sexist white man" victim card whilst simultaneously ignore the fact that the other 3 white men Rogers, Bucky and Stark were the opposite.

Joker567892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for jimjaspers20675
JimJaspers20675

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By JimJaspers20675

Jesus, Captain carter is ridiculously strong.

What an absolute awesome episode, loved it so much.

KillianDuclark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshua1990: okay and?

What exactly was your whole spiel about?

Where you trying to invalidate my problems with the episode because I "cherry picked" a problem?

Because, hate to break it you, but that's how forms of criticism works. Most works aren't all bad, so in order to give a fair and concise critique people zero in on issues and talk about that, usually layering in due praise when appropriate.

Those were my problems with the episode.

You might not like it and that's fine.

But to me the generic (insert bigotry here) old white guy trope in order to create artificial drama for minority character is dumb and insulting. And worth being called out

KillianDuclark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akz: No it's indicative of the writing style. The show ultimately has one team of writers. And if this is what they can present as their opening showcase/ hook. I'm far from impressed.

Mind you I didn't broadly call the entire show bad. I just said the first episode was not engaging to me and that it's going to need more episodes of higher quality to impress me

KillianDuclark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akz: Yes. They were both terrible movies.

Do people honestly thing BvS or Snyder Cut are somehow improvements?

KillianDuclark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By KillianDuclark

@akz: I watched BvS ultimate cut and it was basically the same as the Snyder cut for me.

I feel the only reason people rate SC so high is cause, it's better than the Whedon cut. As an independent movie, it's really bland and disappointing introduction to a proper live action justice league

Also we can't trust online audience rating here. The Snyder cultists made sure it turned out like they wanted

KillianDuclark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akz:

Audience Rating =\= Critic rating.

I was very clear

And every critics review basically boiled down to "its better than josstice league"

TobeyMaguire84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really bad Episode. It felt like I was watching that unfunny How it should have ended youtube channel video for 30 min. Disney is being really cheap with the animation.

TobeyMaguire84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By TobeyMaguire84
@gohindasuperman said:

Is this show good ? To me graphic style looks atrocious but is story interesting at least ?

Story is worse than Graphics

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gohindasuperman:

“Wait so Peggy is responsible for creation of multiverse ?”

Okay, I’m going to flat out ask, how the hell do you get that from this?

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love the animation, tbh. Looks very clean. But it felt a bit empty knowing there will be very few repercussions of it.

Cognitive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Cognitive

Cringe.

axle124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The show will go the easy route and just make everything a gender or race swap version of some character. The old what if story's just changed one little detail and told the story from that perspective. The morally bankrupt creators of today won't do that as they will only want the woke points and the right ups they get from their friends in the media. The shows won't be good or interesting to fanbase in general.

Cognitive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akz: The show has no soul. It isn't interesting at all.

Avatar image for jedisympathiz3r
JediSympathiz3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By JediSympathiz3r

It was an ok episode. They did the best they could with a pretty uninteresting What If premise. Hopefully they give more characters crazy feats.

minorincon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some of the critiques I've seen in this thread so far are shockingly closed minded and ignorant.

1. "It's too political, old white man is sexist trope is offensive". No, this is how people were in the 40's, if you're offended that he was sexist towards Peggy, and think it's a bad show because of that, you have no business watching period pieces anyway.

2. "Peggy was a Mary Sue". No, Peggy was a trained soldier who was capable and behaved as such. Was Cap a Mary Sue in his own film? Both of them had failures, she literally failed to stop the explosion in the lab leading to her having to take the serum. She even lost Steve.

3. "The animation is bad" If it's not your style, that's fine, but it was fluid and clean, I can see how others might not like it's simplistic approach though.

4. "Wait so Peggy is responsible for creation of multiverse?" Where did anyone ever say that ever? No. Not understanding the basic premise of the show that she is part of a different timeline does not make the show bad, it means you need to watch it again.

It's fine to not like stuff, but if you're critiquing something you don't understand, or don't agree with "politically" there's probably a bias.

This was a great episode. My only complaint was her reason for sacrificing herself. Having to push tentacles into a portal would have been cooler if instead of walking through, she was pulled through unwillingly, but overall I was fine with it.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was meh.

Deathu101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Holy hell do some of the people in this thread have no understanding as what actually happened in the episode.

Avatar image for darkpsychiclord_prime
DarkPsychicLord_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hydratedfubuki6: I guess that's one of the reasons why she was not considered for the serum in the first place lol.

Silver2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PeGGY CreATed thE MulTiVeRSE. How are people this idiotic lmao.

Cool episode. Too fast paced tho but that's understandable since they're trying to fit a 2hr movie into 30 mins. Also not surprised at the feats since being animated means they have greater creative freedom.