Is Agent Carter Tv Series is a bad Idea?

cra55zy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Is Agent Carter Tv Series is a bad Idea? (151 votes)

Yes 60%
No 40%

I really having trouble digesting the Idea that Agent Carter may be getting Tv show. While Nick Fury, Black widow or Loki can`t even get a spin off movie. Where as they have done more for the MCU than peggy carter. I know she pretty and fine as hell but I don`t see in logic of building a Tv show solely around her. Now if it was an assemble where they also focus on Howard stark, Howling Commandos and other too. I would be more watchable, But just one obscure character come on Marvel.

• 
Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By Hyperlight

I cant work with peggy at the center. Maybe some other more interesting character but not her. But the show could work if her supporting class is very interesting

Deadgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Deadgod

Not interested in her at all. There are like dozen characters far deserving of a tv show than her.

iceprincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By iceprincess

@deadgod: I know I wish they would stop milking her character. It's beating a dead horse. In my mind her story ended when that plane crashed. Also I don't buy that she helped found shield she doesn't have that much charisma or power as a character to be a part of something that significant. if I had written her, after losing so much she becomes anti war and lives alone for the rest of her life as a recluse. yeah I also don't buy she got remarried she didn't seem like the type to settle down and have kids besides wouldn't she shoot them of they misbehaved. Yeah I don't think she and Steve would have gotten together in the end even if he had survived and if they did they would have gotten divorced. After all It actually did happened in house of M when Wanda let him live in his home era. All this just seems out of character. And the worst part I simply don't care about this character enough to follow and I'm getting really sick of marvel tv none of its very good. And those who are saying AoS got better I beg to differ. The characters still suck like they always have. I think people think it got better simply cause they are in rebuilding mode but it can't last forever and even that is pretty poorly done I wish they had just pulled the plug. I hope they do soon it's just going in all the worst directions. I hope they get their act together soon.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@feartheliving said:

@rogueshadow: Isn't mad men super popular and it's about a team of advertisers in the 50s? (Don't know don't watch it) If that can be a hit I don't see why people wouldn't enjoy a cool spy esk noir show.

Mad Men is well handled. That's my point, I feel like people will see it and go, 'Oh cool, Marvel, yeah, really liked the Avengers, what's... Oh, it's about that British woman in the first Cap... Meh, I'll leave it.'

It seems too tangential to be interesting, whereas Mad Men is its own story.

Maybe I'm wrong, it could be awesome, but I think there are more easily accessible stories they could be telling.

iceprincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By iceprincess

@rogueshadow: look despite my qualms I'm open to a show or another movie from Steve's home era I'm cool with that. What I'm not cool with making the lead the the love interest. She wasn't all that interesting. She had her moments but she doesn't have enough charisma or exposure to carry a show and be our new set of eyes to this era since our original now lives in modern day. If I was writing the show the lead would be Howard Stark maybe Peggy could be a supporting character but not the lead she doesn't have the chops for it.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@iceprincess: Maybe they are trying to expand there fans into the female realm, one of my mum's favourite storyline was Cap and Peggy. Just watch, there'll be a love triangle between Steve, Ant Man and Wasp or something. 'Team Steve' T-shirts will be selling out.

I agree though, she's just not interesting in my opinion, though I personally don't want to see the foundings of SHIELD and the post-war era. I wouldn't care, except I think of all the cool stuff they could be doing. Where's my damn She-Hulk show!?

Avatar image for themetalgearzero
TheMetalGearZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow; this series will be lucky to reach a second season. Who ever thought Agent Carter would be a good idea?

iceprincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: as I said before what about a Carol Danvers show or post dofp 70s scenes show with mystique and wolverine. I'd watch that. Or a show from this era but just not Peggy as the lead. They just seem to be missing obvious good ideas and springing for all the silly ones.

iceprincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themetalgearzero: it probably won't I have no plans on watching it and low viewers equals no renewal. Just don't watch either.

TheMetalGearZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themetalgearzero: it probably won't I have no plans on watching it and low viewers equals no renewal. Just don't watch either.

My interest level is 0, at least I was excited for Agents of SHIELD, but this seems like crap.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 rogueshadow  Moderator

@rogueshadow: as I said before what about a Carol Danvers show or post dofp 70s scenes show with mystique and wolverine. I'd watch that. Or a show from this era but just not Peggy as the lead. They just seem to be missing obvious good ideas and springing for all the silly ones.

X-Men are owned by FOX, they're never going to get Jennifer Lawrence to do a TV show. Hugh Jackman might, if they paid him incredibly well. At least they are doing a Jessica Jones, which has my interest, but I prefer Luke Cage, Daredevil and Iron Fist. I would love to see a Captain Marvel or She-Hulk film/show.

iceprincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: an animated show in the x men universe they could feasibly do that. It doesn't have to be live action. Animation can be awesome I saw the 90's cartoon I'm sure they can do something similar. and I already addressed that Fox won't share.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 rogueshadow  Moderator
RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By RustyRoy

Don't know,haven't seen it.

Metagirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: what's wrong with animation some of my favorite shows are animated. I love me some South Park.

Metagirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themetalgearzero: same here there are better things to watch. When it comes to comic book tv shows I'm gonna stick with DC they actually know what they are doing.

TheMetalGearZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@metagirl said:

@themetalgearzero: same here there are better things to watch. When it comes to comic book tv shows I'm gonna stick with DC they actually know what they are doing.

And so it seems...

Metagirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themetalgearzero: it's kind of sad marvel isn't making good tv. I love most of their movies. They had a few hiccups but most of them are pretty damn good or at the very least a good time for two hours. But I just hate their tv. I tried to give AoS a chance but is no good. I wish Coulson had stayed dead. Yeah I'm one of the few who didn't like him in phase 1. And I didn't like Peggy in cap 1 if I had written that movie Steve would have been paired with Gail, his ultimate universe fiancé. They were together from before the serum until he's frozen and she's distinctly non military. I didn't like the fact that they got together simply cause they were both in the army. But that's just me. Like I said I have no plan on watching this show.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 rogueshadow  Moderator

@metagirl: I like animation, but I'd rather live action for the movieverses.

TheMetalGearZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@metagirl said:

@themetalgearzero: it's kind of sad marvel isn't making good tv. I love most of their movies. They had a few hiccups but most of them are pretty damn good or at the very least a good time for two hours. But I just hate their tv. I tried to give AoS a chance but is no good. I wish Coulson had stayed dead. Yeah I'm one of the few who didn't like him in phase 1. And I didn't like Peggy in cap 1 if I had written that movie Steve would have been paired with Gail, his ultimate universe fiancé. They were together from before the serum until he's frozen and she's distinctly non military. I didn't like the fact that they got together simply cause they were both in the army. But that's just me. Like I said I have no plan on watching this show.

I thought Agents of SHIELD was entertaining; couldn't understand most of the hate directed at it.

Metagirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: That's true but it's probably the only way we could get said show with the characters without the movie actors

WarDishy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@juliedc: Don't know exactly what you mean by mini-series, but it's already been confirmed that the Agent Carter series is only something like 10 episodes. It's a not a full-on 22 episode series.

Phoenixsun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Phoenixsun

@wardishy: it doesn't matter how short it is point being she didn't do enough to earn a spot on tv long or short. And I agree with the above post cause I too have a very hard time believing that she helped to found shield. I don't buy it either cause she had little power in the first movie so why the hell was she able to help form a government organization? No just no. And why was she in the second movie she had no place there. I was hoping she had died by that point in time. I wish marvel would stop milking her she didn't do anything interesting. Her character is 100% superfluous and if you think about it she could edited out entirely and the plot would have been unaffected. Rule of writing 101 if you character serves little purposes then make people care about them and they fails at that too. And this just leads me to my next gripe why is marvel making tv in the first place. I was never on board the AoS boat when it was announced last year and I'm not surprised it got bad reviews. If they keep going in the direction of making shows from the perspective of people few people care about then it's all going to come crashing down. I'd give this show the pilot and maybe the next no second season for sure.

Livewire57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Livewire57

@phoenixsun: ranter much. Look I think it's a stupid idea that shouldn't have gotten off the ground too but you seem awful passionate about it. Calm down it's just a tv show.

Livewire57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themetalgearzero: I didn't care for it but I'm more into British tv like Doctor Who and Sherlock so even though I'm not happy about it getting a second season or this show getting off the ground at least I have a full season of Doctor Who to look forward to. Can't wait to see peter capaldi in action.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Marvel needs to realize people don't care about supporting characters if they're not supporting the main heroes.

For example I really like Sharon Carter and her relationship with Cap. But I want to see them together. I don't want to see a Sharon Carter solo.

(Yes, I realize its Peggy, just using an example)

I wouldn't watch a Foggy Nelson show either. Or an Alfred show. I'm probably not even going to like Gotham.

Livewire57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Livewire57

@fallschirmjager: same. I'm actually looking forward to Peggy's return in age of Ultron but there she is being a supporting role not carrying a show on her own. I don't think she has the talent to do that. I liked her all right in the first movie she had some good scenes such as the heart to heart post Bucky's "death" and the I had faith scene but I don't think she's ready for the task of being a lead role. Hell in my crazy mind I think Peggy might be a good companion for the doctor if marvel and doctor who ever got a crossover but as the lead lead no sorry she doesn't have the chops. Hero of another story only works so well sometimes and this is not one of the times.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'd rather watch the adventure of the dastardly Kiteman.

Livewire57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Livewire57

@rogueshadow: well I don't know marvel seems to have their hearts set on pairing him up with Sharon like in the comics. Well unless the romanogers shippers get the better of them and give in. Besides it could be cool watching the couple I fell in love with watching emh I loved Hank and Janet there it's too bad that show was cancelled. Avengers EMH way better show that got the boot why can't they bring that show back? Canceling all the good shows and creating not so good ones great job people at marvel. Uhh I'm just gonna watch the movies and nothing else.

iceprincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From what I've read the show looks to be mediocre at best and since it's set in the past unlike AoS I doubt it'll be able to rail off a better movie for its success unless that flashback we were teased back in April was scarlet witch hexing cap back in time and he'd be a supporting character for a few episodes in season 2 and god damn it that's probably what they're doing aren't they? God damn it marvel if your going to make sub par shows don't use the success of your better movies to keep your show on life support. Come on you all know AoS would have been canceled if winter soldier hadn't come out when it did. Now they're going to leach off another movie. Is it too late to transfer my fangirlism to the x men yet?

iceprincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes

iceprincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5da1bf32237f0
deactivated-5da1bf32237f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Yeah, it's a bad idea. Peggy Carter wasn't a terribly interesting character in Captain America: The First Avenger.

iceprincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ryagan: I agree didn't have enough time to really establish herself and I have no desire to watch someone I didn't form an attachment to. maybe it's a little too harsh to say she could have edited out entirely but she didn't do all that much and I have a hard time buying she helped found shield. Maybe she worked there, but found, no way in hell would they let a woman do that at that time period. Hopefully it'll get canned soon.

iceprincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thatguywithheadphones: Or a marathon of 6th doctor era doctor who followed by enterprise and to top it all off the whole of Allen Gregory (the worst animation show ever) while I'm tied to a chair with my eyes forced open than watch this.

Avatar image for freakingoutovernothing
freakingoutovernothing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deadgod: Also I don't buy that she helped found shield she doesn't have that much charisma or power as a character to be a part of something that significant. if I had written her, after losing so much she becomes anti war and lives alone for the rest of her life as a recluse. yeah I also don't buy she got remarried she didn't seem like the type to settle down and have kids besides wouldn't she shoot them of they misbehaved. Yeah I don't think she and Steve would have gotten together in the end even if he had survived and if they did they would have gotten divorced. After all It actually did happened in house of M when Wanda let him live in his home era. All this just seems out of character.

My thoughts exactly.I don't buy her being a co-founder of Shield nor do I buy the whole Steve was the love of her life crap that they keeping trying to tell us (House of M is of course a big part of the reason why I know better).It's not because she's a woman but because her character is so generic and uninteresting that I thought she could barely carry leading that one shot much less a whole tv show.

I like female led entertainment only if the particular lead is compelling and in my opinion, Peggy Carter isn't.

freakingoutovernothing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can list ten characters right now who both deserve it more and need the exposure more. She wouldn't even be on the third list.

Accurate

So not interested in her character, or any of the characters from that era, she was great for what she was, but, no... I don't know how interested the general audience will be either

Regarding the general audience, The first avenger,wasn't really a hit at the box office.The reason for that could be that people weren't interested in that period for a superhero movie,or it could be for some other reason entirely. Another thing is they've said that part of the reason they're going through with this is because of how much people loved the winter soldier,however I know a lot of moviegoers (including my dad and brother) who saw that and the avengers but didn't see TFA.

So my guess is no...And the opinion of those on messages boards like this one seems to be pretty split.I don't see this making it past one season.I know I shouldn't judge it until I've at least seen the pilot but I have one of those gut feelings that this is going to suck.

iceprincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By iceprincess

@freakingoutovernothing: same but I'm not even going to bother to watch it since I have a new favorite show. It's a series called Frankenstein MD. It's a series of 6 minute long videos on youtube retelling the story of Frankenstein but Victor is now Victoria and it takes place in present day at a university. You can find it on PBS digital studios on youtube and on pemberley digital. You should watch it's good. And if there are any sourcefed fans reading this Steve Zaragoza is playing Iggy (Igor). I think this series is also an example of why TV is becoming a thing of the past.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it's a interesting idea.

Levicorpyutani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Levicorpyutani

@iceprincess: sounds cool I'll give it a try. I spent last summer reading frankenstein chapter by chapter everyday for 8 weeks.

Levicorpyutani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themetalgearzero: the same people who thought agents of shield would be a good idea. Personally I didn't care for it and this looks to be like a wannabe show copying it

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

Yes. I don't see it making it past 1 season. SHIELD drew in a ton of Marvel fans, while Arrow basically started this Comic Book Television explosion. Gotham will draw in fans bcuz Batman, and The Flash looks interesting enough to bring in fans outside of comic readers. I think that most people (that don't read comics) won't even know who Agent Carter is.

freakingoutovernothing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iceprincess said:

@freakingoutovernothing: same but I'm not even going to bother to watch it since I have a new favorite show. It's a series called Frankenstein MD. It's a series of 6 minute long videos on youtube retelling the story of Frankenstein but Victor is now Victoria and it takes place in present day at a university. You can find it on PBS digital studios on youtube and on pemberley digital. You should watch it's good. And if there are any sourcefed fans reading this Steve Zaragoza is playing Iggy (Igor). I think this series is also an example of why TV is becoming a thing of the past.

That sounds interesting. I won't watch AC either,maybe the pilot, but I just don't think it's going to work for the above stated reasons.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

The character you listed are too big to have a TV show. They can't effort to pay the actors that play them to do a full show, and they don't have the time.

With the way Hollywood and movie production works weather or not something gets a tv show it doesn't take away from resources to make a movie since those are two different diversion who work under a whole other super structure.

iceprincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By iceprincess

@freakingoutovernothing: I would recommend just ignoring it I can guarantee something better will be on at the same time anyway. As for frankenstein MD. What are you waiting for go watch. It's all on youtube just sitting there for free waiting for you to click and watch.

freakingoutovernothing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iceprincess: I hear ya.Oh and you said before that the show could get cancelled after the pilot.Is that possible after it gets a full season order?

iceprincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By iceprincess

@freakingoutovernothing: I've been told If a pilot does so bad that they can self the rest of the episodes. It's happened before with wonderfalls only they canceled it after 4 episodes not 1. Or if the have to show the rest of the season they give it a bad time slot and don't advertise it at all. I think the latter happened to the show Sofie. It's pilot was heavily advertised but every one hated it so abc family, after that first episode, pretended it didn't exist until the season was over and then they pulled the plug and never spoke of it again.

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

It'll be lucky to last one half a season.

- TAS