Is Agent Carter Tv Series is a bad Idea?

cra55zy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Is Agent Carter Tv Series is a bad Idea? (151 votes)

Yes 60%
No 40%

I really having trouble digesting the Idea that Agent Carter may be getting Tv show. While Nick Fury, Black widow or Loki can`t even get a spin off movie. Where as they have done more for the MCU than peggy carter. I know she pretty and fine as hell but I don`t see in logic of building a Tv show solely around her. Now if it was an assemble where they also focus on Howard stark, Howling Commandos and other too. I would be more watchable, But just one obscure character come on Marvel.

• 
Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Experio

Yes. Not intriguing in the slightest.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

What has other characters not having films got to do with a tv show? I'll tell you. NOTHING.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I don't have the slightest interest in it.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

I'm going to watch. I'll bet my pants Marvel will have learned from Agents of SHIELD.

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

We alredi see how people reacted to agents of shield why in the hell would they make another agent show

cra55zy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To me the biggest mistake their making is in the name of the title. Agent Carter because that kinda limits the show from being able to evolve and tell other great marvel stories from that era. It clearly puts all the focus on her and honesty she not that intriguing of a character to carry a whole show. When Agents of SHIELD started bringing in more characters and became less centralize on Coulson that's really when that show got better. Now you got a wider range of character and stories you can tell.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can list ten characters right now who both deserve it more and need the exposure more. She wouldn't even be on the third list.

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can list ten characters right now who both deserve it more and need the exposure more. She wouldn't even be on the third list.

What my Good man said and its so true.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

It sounds cool in theory, but I doubt it will ever happen. I'm pretty sure the reason majority of the people who tried to watch Agents of Shield just wanted to see Coulson, Agent Carter will lack any interesting characters to give people a reason to even try it.

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Agent Carter one shot was probably the worst of the bunch

goobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By goobot

It just sounds like they want to make another agents of shield but instead in the past.

Also has there been new recent info? Or did you just decide to start a thread discussing it?

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Yes. Plain and simple. Just bring him back in the movie.

PaypayTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By PaypayTR

i am even highly doubt about daredevil series how could she can handle without enemies

iceprincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tell me about it. This has been bothering me for weeks now. Marvel just stop with the shows focusing on characters no one cares for. Almost no one watches them so if you're going to tie them in its just going to make things more difficult for the movie viewers. If you really want to make tv shows here's an idea don't make them about a freaking dead boy's girlfriend as the lead at least get Howard Stark instead or something and make her a supporting character. I saw the first movie there is no way in hell she can carry a show. It'll get cancelled after one season who knows maybe not even past the pilot. Unlikely but I wouldn't be surprised if it did. Btw here's an idea for a show I know people would watch. A show about the escapades of mystique and wolverine post days of future past 70s scenes after the former rescued the latter from the real Stryker at the end of the movie. It would be a good way to smooth the still somewhat crooked continuity and unlike Peggy people actually care about logan and raven they aren't obscure dead boy's girlfriend characters. Of course since fox owns them and the won't share I don't see this ever coming true. The only way I could see this show be interesting is if one of the avengers got sent back in time and they guest starred for a few episodes and even then once they went home it would go back to boring.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I am not interested at all in Agent Carter, there are many characters that are better than her. Marvel really made a mistake in giving her a TV show.

They could have made Moon Knight, Hawkeye, Black Panther (if they are not planning on making it a movie) Punisher and many more.

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Agent Carter?

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well their are much more characters who are more deserving of a tv show, but if it features Tony Stark's dad I'm all in.

JulieDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it were just a small mini-series that would be cool, but a TV show is a bit too much.

G_leno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As long as Dum Dum is in it and Howard Stark them I'm sure it'll be good. I'd like Zemo to be the villain.

Phoenixsun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iceprincess: I'd watch the hell out of that show. Though I'm not sure they could ever get the actors back unless they made them animated but in the x men movie universe. Just an idea.

Phoenixsun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juliedc: yes except she already got a one shot and supporting role in Avengers age of Ultron. That's enough exposure for a woman whose story was supposed to be over as soon as that plane crashed.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im not interested in this at all if it gets good reviews ill probably check it out but nothing like the other marvel titles coming out

Phoenixsun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: same I guess even then I might not bother. I've got my head cannons and I think those are good enough.

Phoenixsun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Phoenixsun

@flameboy298: then why not make him the lead I think he could carry the show better.

Metagirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just don't understand why it had to be just about her. If it focused on all the characters Steve left behind equally that would be one thing. But just on the love interest no just no nien nunca niex hakuna eiah (my apologies to anyone who speaks those languages if I spelled your version of no wrong.) I don't think the show will last long anyway

Metagirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_leno: just because it has a character in it doesn't mean it'll be any good. My money is on no good seeing the failed experiment that was Agents of Shield. It just seems like a bad idea all around an that marvel should stick squarely on movies and forget tv.

G_leno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@metagirl said:

@g_leno: just because it has a character in it doesn't mean it'll be any good. My money is on no good seeing the failed experiment that was Agents of Shield. It just seems like a bad idea all around an that marvel should stick squarely on movies and forget tv.

Going on that assumption, DC should forget doing movies and stick to TV. If Agents of Shield is a failure, why ae they diong another season?

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

@g_leno said:

@metagirl said:

Going on that assumption, DC should forget doing movies and stick to TV. If Agents of Shield is a failure, why ae they diong another season?

I originally hated AoS, but having gone back recently and finished the season, once Hydra comes into play the show get a LOT better. They're able to tie everything from the earlier episodes into with it being a part of Hydra and the season ends with Marvel basically able to do whatever they want in season two.

As for Agent Carter, I think it could allow Marvel to explore what the world was like without super-humans. Being able to see the MCU before guys like Iron Man and Thor were flying around, exploring what the world was like at basically the beginning. It also would make a great companion series to AoS as it's basically showing how S.H.I.E.L.D. was founded.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I have more interest in this than in Agents of SHIELD.

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ShadowX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like I'm the only one who is excited about this.

ownagepants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ya the character never had my interest when she was not a solo act and I doubt that is going to change.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#36  Edited By daredevil21134

We alredi see how people reacted to agents of shield why in the hell would they make another agent show

There are too many characters far more deserving

Avatar image for themetalgearzero
TheMetalGearZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, it's a bad idea; geez, I wonder how many casual viewers will be wanting to watch Agent Carter.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

@g_leno said:

As long as Dum Dum is in it and Howard Stark them I'm sure it'll be good. I'd like Zemo to be the villain.

That'd be so awesome.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@linsanel_doctor: That remains to be seen. But either way I'd rather watch a period show dealing with the early days of SHIELD. I love clunky old spy tech.

Avatar image for darthdestructor
DarthDestructor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just want to see Union Jack in action.

Avatar image for themetalgearzero
TheMetalGearZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadowx said:

I feel like I'm the only one who is excited about this.

Maybe so...

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#42  Edited By Spideysense44

I'm still gonna give the show a chance, bc I want to see for myself, but my interest level right now is nowhere to be found

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

They're actually considering this?

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. It allows for some cool noir story telling, and some familiar characters we most likely won't be seeing much of in future movies and shows. Add in that this is a planned miniseries that will end I don't see a problem in it. In fact I'm pretty excited for it.

iceprincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By iceprincess

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this show is a bad idea. To quote charles Xavier "I always believed I couldn't be the only one in the world." Makes me feel better that so many people agree. And to those who say agents of shield is getting better, first if all it may be slightly better but it still sucks too much to launch a new show off of it right now wait a year or two. Two it got renewed yes but I guarantee it won't survive past this season and if it does I'll do something. Give away peeps like hank green did? But back to the topic the reason I think this series should be dropped is cause I have no faith in marvel tv seeing the mess that was AoS (and don't pull out the it got better argument. It only got slightly better and it's still a pretty bad show.) and this character isn't very interesting in the first place what did she do? Nothing aboslutly Nothing. First make a black widow movie before you make a show about someone nobody cares about. Or hell make the show about a popular but not as popular as the avengers but still less obscure as this lady, like Carol Danvers. Raise your hands if you'd watch a Captain Marvel show before you'd watch this one be honest raise your hand. I just feel like marvel keeps dropping the ball on tv making mistake after mistake.

iceprincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_leno: yeah but DC had good shows from the get go, like teen titans and young justice. Hell besides batman (and please don't lynch me when I say even those movies had some room for improvement watch bum reviews for dark knight rises on why I think that) they don't seem to be making that good of movies these days. It's like they are the anti marvel have a lot of good tv but their movies are not so hot. Marvel lot of good movies, tv not so hot. And if you want an example of why just because a character is in a piece of media it doesn't mean it good watch X- Men Origins Wolverine. Sorry for all the x men name drops but I'm a bit of a fangirl plus this time the name drop actually has a good point so listen.

That movie is universally hailed as the worse movie in that series that or last stand (but personally it could have been worse) but either way fans hate it, but that movie A. Starred everyone's favorite x man wolverine. B. it had gambit in it fans love them some gambit. C. Deadpool was in it too also emma frost and the blob. Despite all those characters people hate that movie so I think that person did have a good point.

Levicorpyutani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iceprincess: yes I'd watch that one first although I was going to watch the pilot if nothing was on on BBC America

Levicorpyutani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The way I see it is I don't have much faith in the show seeing how much their first show sucked yeah it got better but only slightly most people I know don't watch it. But I'll give it one chance but if it disappoints sorry Peggy but you failed to interest me again.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

So not interested in her character, or any of the characters from that era, she was great for what she was, but, no... I don't know how interested the general audience will be either, it really depends how it's handled, GOTG is going to do well, but I think there is a natural appeal to that whole concept of GOTG that AC may not have. I'll definitely watch it though.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: Isn't mad men super popular and it's about a team of advertisers in the 50s? (Don't know don't watch it) If that can be a hit I don't see why people wouldn't enjoy a cool spy esk noir show.