superman vs sersi

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Night Thrasher

battle takes place on an empty paradise island. Win by KO or Death, no BFR. Who will win? 

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Night Thrasher

wow... nobody?!

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Silver2467
@Night Thrasher: I'm inclined to think SuperMan wins, simply on the grounds that his strength, speed, and invulnerability should be enough to handle her, but Sersi's transmutation abilities are no laughing matter. Theoretically she could transmute him; in which case, she'd win. Although, if he speed blitzed her, she'd probably go down before she'd ever get the chance to do anything. If somehow she's unable to transmute Supes, then he'll probably win without much trouble. I could be wrong though. I understand Sersi's abilities, but I'm not an expert on her character. 
Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Night Thrasher
@Silver2467 said:

" @Night Thrasher: I'm inclined to think SuperMan wins, simply on the grounds that his strength, speed, and invulnerability should be enough to handle her, but Sersi's transmutation abilities are no laughing matter. Theoretically she could transmute him; in which case, she'd win. Although, if he speed blitzed her, she'd probably go down before she'd ever get the chance to do anything. If somehow she's unable to transmute Supes, then he'll probably win without much trouble. I could be wrong though. I understand Sersi's abilities, but I'm not an expert on her character.  "

Almost true. Don't forget she's an Eternal. She has considerable speed and strength herself. She's strong enough to take on second level powerhouses like Thing and Colossus and fast enough to see Makari traveling at full speed. And as we know when it comes to foot speed Makkari is third to The Runner and Flashes. I'm not saying she would win though, just put that into consideration
blackadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By blackadam
@Night Thrasher said:
"@Silver2467 said:

" @Night Thrasher: I'm inclined to think SuperMan wins, simply on the grounds that his strength, speed, and invulnerability should be enough to handle her, but Sersi's transmutation abilities are no laughing matter. Theoretically she could transmute him; in which case, she'd win. Although, if he speed blitzed her, she'd probably go down before she'd ever get the chance to do anything. If somehow she's unable to transmute Supes, then he'll probably win without much trouble. I could be wrong though. I understand Sersi's abilities, but I'm not an expert on her character.  "

Almost true. Don't forget she's an Eternal. She has considerable speed and strength herself. She's strong enough to take on second level powerhouses like Thing and Colossus and fast enough to see Makari traveling at full speed. And as we know when it comes to foot speed Makkari is third to The Runner and Flashes. I'm not saying she would win though, just put that into consideration "

she also one shot hercules
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By King_Saturn  Online
I think Superman can beat Sersi... 
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Silver2467
@Night Thrasher: Sorry. I wasn't being clear. When I said Supes would take it in strength and speed, I wasn't saying she was weak. But she's not in his league. He can fly much faster than light, and his strength level...you know. She's not weak or slow, but I still don't think she's in his league or in a league where she could handle a thrashing from him. I could be wrong, but I don't think she can dodge a speed blitz from SuperMan (assuming he does that). I think it's her transmutation that will be the kicker point in this fight. 
Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Night Thrasher
@Edamame: Nah, I don't think he is. Superman isn't as fast as Makkari and she can she Makkari traveling at full speed.Plus she's durable enough to withstand a first punch at Supes top speed.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Silver2467
@Edamame: He can fly faster than light speed, but Makkari can move much faster than light also.
Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Night Thrasher
@Edamame: I personally don't think so... but others swear by it. (Yes I've seen the Jeph Loeb scans, he rapes continuity on an everyday basis). According to "The Who's Who of the DC Universe" he can travel only slightly faster than the speed of sound.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Silver2467
@Night Thrasher: SuperMan has moved faster than light speed multiple times. I've seen him move ftl on several different instances. 
Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Night Thrasher
@Silver2467: I think we are on the same wavelength. That's how I see it. He's stronger and faster, but is he strong and fast enough for her not to use her transmutation powers? Which are magic based.
Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Night Thrasher
@Edamame: I think she's faster than Quicksilver but slower than Quasar 

@Silver2467:
 I know I've been through this debate too many times. I've seen the scans and I've seen scans that go against that. I personally reference Who's Who and Byrne's run to gauge Superman's strength and speed levels. I don't really think it matters that much more if he can or can't she can still see him moving FTL
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Silver2467
@Night Thrasher: Well, see that's the thing. He'd have to take her out before she can transmute him. Again, I'm not an expert on Sersi, but I'm unaware of any reason why she couldn't just turn him into a tombstone and daisies. Her abilities being magic based probably won't make a difference though. SuperMan really hasn't demonstrated any weakness to magic in years. He's defeated plenty of magical opponents. Regardless, if he gives her any breathing room, she'll probably be able to just transmute her way to a victory. 
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Silver2467
@Night Thrasher said: 
@Silver2467: I know I've been through this debate too many times. I've seen the scans and I've seen scans that go against that. I personally reference Who's Who and Byrne's run to gauge Superman's strength and speed levels. I don't really think it matters that much more if he can or can't she can still see him moving FTL "
Fair enough. I mean, you're right on the grounds that even if he can, she can still see him coming. Regardless, he has demonstrated ftl speeds on numerous occasions though. Almost every time he's in space, he's shown to go ftl. I've read enough issues showing SuperMan's speed to without a doubt affirm that he can fly ftl. If you don't agree, that's fine. But I stand by ftl speed for SuperMan. 
Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Night Thrasher
@Silver2467 said:
" @Night Thrasher said: 
@Silver2467: I know I've been through this debate too many times. I've seen the scans and I've seen scans that go against that. I personally reference Who's Who and Byrne's run to gauge Superman's strength and speed levels. I don't really think it matters that much more if he can or can't she can still see him moving FTL "
Fair enough. I mean, you're right on the grounds that even if he can, she can still see him coming. Regardless, he has demonstrated ftl speeds on numerous occasions though. Almost every time he's in space, he's shown to go ftl. I've read enough issues showing SuperMan's speed to without a doubt affirm that he can fly ftl. If you don't agree, that's fine. But I stand by ftl speed for SuperMan.  "
True, but I've also seen him get punched and hit with energy blasts that don't move at the speed of light that put doubts in my mind. At the very least I would say that it's inconsistent. James Robinson for instance seems to write Superman as not being able to breath in space and not moving at the speed of light. Jeph Loeb seems to write superman as being able to do all of the above plus beat GOD in slap boxing. Like I said it's a debatable issue been through it on numerous forums, too exhausted to go through it here.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Silver2467
@Night Thrasher: Loeb is far from the only one to write him that way though (except for that sort of exaggerated God part). He's more often than not shown with ftl speed. I mean, Silver Surfer moves much faster than light, but he's hit with attacks that aren't ftl also. You could say the same thing about Thor and Wonder Woman. Wonder Woman has reflexes that allow her to easily deflect bullets, but she's been hit by general punches that could in no way move that fast. 
Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Night Thrasher
@Silver2467: I was just using Loeb as an example (except for the exaggerated GOD part). He's has been more often than not shown as ftl since the Loeb run, Byrne, Jurgans, Kelly, Robinson, etc portray him another way. Superman's power levels are about as consistent as Wolverine's healing factor. 

Dammit you got me arguing over superman's speed ;( Damn you Silver2467, Damn you!
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Silver2467
@Night Thrasher said:
 Dammit you got me arguing over superman's speed ;( Damn you Silver2467, Damn you! "
Sorry, I didn't realize it was that big a deal to you. Regardless, I still stand by SuperMan having ftl speeds. He's demonstrated it too many times to simply ignore it. Anyway, I'm not really sure it will guarantee him the win though. If Sersi can sense him coming, even at ftl speeds, she may be able to react fast enough to transmute him, thereby gaining the win. The way I see it, SuperMan will either have to speed blitz her and continue thrashing her at his top speed in hopes of defeating her quickly or use his heat vision at its highest temperature (core of the sun), which I believe would defeat her (I could be wrong). If either of those fails though, I think he's pretty much screwed since Sersi could just transmutate him into whatever she wants. 
abaldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By abaldo

sersi ftw

Bones309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I see Superman's speed being an issue but his ignorance of Sersi might stop him from instantly speed blitzing her. Sersi on the other hand should be able to read his mind and know exactly what she's facing.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By dondave

Sersi

Ultragreenboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Ultragreenboy
No Caption Provided

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sersi unless Supes can blitz her

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sersi wins IMO.

HellBlazing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman, easily.

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sersi is more powerful than Superman with her transmution capabilities, but his speed just allows him to easily take her out Before she could use it.

Bones309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can Sersi make herself as fast as Makkari? She remade his body once I believe.

LordOfFate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, first of all, Sersi's transformation powers are not magical, they're psionic. She mentally moves atoms and molecules to whatever shape she wants. She very powerful but she cannot react to Superman moving at light speed. As far as I know she has never fought anyone moving near light speed.

If Superman is going for the KO he wins instantly, if not Sersi. Though, this really bring up the issue has anyone tried to transmute Superman?

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Bump