Kuvira vs Toph

noobsnowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Toph stomping is the only correct answer.

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tektonic said:

Toph wrecks her via feats but it was stated by Bryan than a battle between them would be fairly close.

No Caption Provided

I guess we will get a definitive answer 4+ years later in the Ruins of the Empire trilogy.

Ok than, I think it was reaffirmed where Kuvira stands against other metal and earth benders in LOK in regards to her dominance, but specifically against Toph it still isn't clear, they hardly had any scenes together to really compare their ability. However even with just earthbending they seem pretty close.

Kuvira sends a mech flying to take down it + 2 EE soldiers
Kuvira sends a mech flying to take down it + 2 EE soldiers

Vs

Toph uses a double handed pillar move to knock two mech's into each other
Toph uses a double handed pillar move to knock two mech's into each other

And when they are together neither shows any dominance over the other

No Caption Provided

I think the conclusion that can be drawn from what little we got in ROTE is that they really are in close proximity to each other as benders, Toph has more feats overall but Kuvira has done far better in duels in her appearances so there is some balance there.

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kuvira could win thanks to her pretty large power upgrades in the comics, better dueling feats and far superior metal bending. She's similar in style to Yaling except better in every way plus a master metalbender. Toph still counters metal/earthbenders though. Could go either way.

Alsimmons77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Without going soley by the Yaling mockery goes this still to Toph without much trouble, being speedy is good but being an earthbender is very bad against Toph even with metal.

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More QQ about plot. What an argument.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly against credible opponents Toph has shown she isn’t as good as everyone thinks she is. She is extremely powerful, but I think something about 1v1 puts her off as shown in her fight with Yaling

I think Kuvira should win

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corbinbrooks: I know your comment is old, but I’d argue Toph is far more powerful than Bumi.

Library feat >>>> statue feat

Bumi is just more experienced

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yaling beating Toph isn't some outlier it's just the first time Toph had some real competition, where she still scales below Liling

Yaling was established early on as superior to Aang in earthbending, enough so that Toph felt threatened by her
Yaling was established early on as superior to Aang in earthbending, enough so that Toph felt threatened by her

The two trilogies for ATLA and LOK really proved that Toph isn't infallible when it comes to earth

Overpowered by Liling
Overpowered by Liling
Defeated by Yaling
Defeated by Yaling
Countered by Bolin
Countered by Bolin

Toph will always have incredible feats but how they translate into duels remains to be seen

chloros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#159  Edited By chloros

@tektonic:

There were four mecha tanks and Mako attacking them with a continuous fire blast, which is what they were initially shielding from. Bolin, while aided by a solider, came at them from another angle to disrupt their earth wall. I would not call that countered by Bolin. Kuvira and Su were also there when it broke.

Earlier you were using a comparison of old Toph to Kuvira.

In The Coronation;

Korra:You were tossing me around like a ragdoll all day long.

Toph:I know, and I’m an old lady. Imagine me in my prime! Ha ha, I would have destroyed you!

Operation Beifong;

Toph:No, my fighting days are over. Don't tell Korra, but my back is killing me now. This is why you didn't see Katara messing with that civil war nonsense. At some point, you gotta leave it to the kids. [Walks off.]

Toph has mentioned a few times that she is no longer in her prime. Maybe someday we will get to see it, but we know that old Toph is not it.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chloros: yo honestly a comic with 30 year old versions of Aang, Katara, Toph, and Zuko would be amazing and definitely has to happen in the near future

Their sheer power would be amazing

chloros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emmafrostxmen: I agree! They aged much faster over three seasons on the show to eight years or so of comics. Trilogies in the comics seem to be what would happen in like an episode or two from a show. So it's moving much slower.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chloros: like I want to see:

Prime Toph move a mountain

Prime Katara make a mountain sized tidal wave

Prime Zuko...do...something cool

Prime Aang perform a feat similar to Yang Chang creating that massive gust of air

It would be so cool to be honest, and it’s not even ridiculous to think they could pull of feats like this. With how much they improved in a few months (Book 2-Book 3) they could easily achieve feats like this.

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tektonic@chloros Off topic but how on earth did Bo manage to overpower the combined efforts of Su, Kuvira and Toph.

chloros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vengefulshot: @emmafrostxmen: That would be pretty neat.

I don't really see it as overpowering. Their efforts were focused on the firebending and Bolin along with the other soldiers came at them as a surprise.

No Caption Provided

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chloros said:

@tektonic:

There were four mecha tanks and Mako attacking them with a continuous fire blast, which is what they were initially shielding from. Bolin, while aided by a solider, came at them from another angle to disrupt their earth wall. I would not call that countered by Bolin. Kuvira and Su were also there when it broke.

They weren't completely focused on Bolin, but they are facing an army off soldiers that can earthbend, so they would have been ready for that to an extent, Bolin doing the bulk of that work is surprising and a pretty good feat for him.

Earlier you were using a comparison of old Toph to Kuvira.

In The Coronation;

Korra:You were tossing me around like a ragdoll all day long.

Toph:I know, and I’m an old lady. Imagine me in my prime! Ha ha, I would have destroyed you!

Operation Beifong;

Toph:No, my fighting days are over. Don't tell Korra, but my back is killing me now. This is why you didn't see Katara messing with that civil war nonsense. At some point, you gotta leave it to the kids. [Walks off.]

Toph has mentioned a few times that she is no longer in her prime. Maybe someday we will get to see it, but we know that old Toph is not it.

Yeah we can tell, her reflexes were pretty bad in that instance, since Su had to save her.

@tektonic@chloros Off topic but how on earth did Bo manage to overpower the combined efforts of Su, Kuvira and Toph.

You underestimated Nuktuk!

chloros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The gap between their earthbending is actually quite large still. Some examples would be;

Loading Video...

Here she takes out at least twenty-one soldiers plus six mecha tanks.

And here she raises earth from the sea to destroy a ship.

No Caption Provided

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chloros said:

The gap between their earthbending is actually quite large still. Some examples would be;

You're right the gap is still large when you look at Toph's feats across the board, but just from portrayal people like Kuvira, Yaling, and Liling can all give her a good fight.

Avatar image for raimundopedrosa
raimundopedrosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tektonic said:
@chloros said:

You're right the gap is still large when you look at Toph's feats across the board, but just from portrayal people like Kuvira, Yaling, and Liling can all give her a good fight.

This is true. Toph is still so much better than Kuvira, but the Yaling fight was seriously a very low showing for Toph. It was rather sad... Yaling actually reminds me of Kuvira. Not the fact that she's a female earthbender on the "bad" side, but also her appearance, style (both physical design and verbal taunts when fighting), and agility/more airborne earthbending...

I still can't believe that Toph lost to Yaling... I had Yaling about equal with Kuvira. Just because of how similar Yaling and Kuvira look, as well as their fighting styles, I wonder if they're related to each other (either blood-wise or plotwise, as in if Yaling ever met, trained, or influenced Kuvira in any way).

FanFeatRT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SMH at toph wank. Kurvia is much more skilled

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raimundopedrosa: Toph has never won a 1v1 against a credible opponent. She has amazing raw power showings as I’m sure everyone would agree, but she is lacking in combat. Yaling besting her is consistent with Toph’s other bending fights because like I said she has no feats against established benders.

raimundopedrosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raimundopedrosa: Toph has never won a 1v1 against a credible opponent. She has amazing raw power showings as I’m sure everyone would agree, but she is lacking in combat. Yaling besting her is consistent with Toph’s other bending fights because like I said she has no feats against established benders.

I love your style. Logical, nice, and calculated. Hmm, maybe you have a point. I always thought that the very fact that Kuvira shut her mouth when Toph took down her army was a testament to just what Toph, even an old lady in her 80s well past her prime, would've done to Kuvira if Kuvira had dared challenged her. And Toph's daughters were definitely below Toph. Maybe you're right... so, you think that Kuvira can beat Toph?

What's interesting is that, though I'd place Yaling and Kuvira each below Toph and Toph below kemurikage Azula, I can see Yaling comfortably taking Azula, and definitely Kuvira doing so... like a rock/paper/scissors trio.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raimundopedrosa: personally I just think Toph is more suited to beat opponents with her raw power and environmental awareness, but agile and more skilled fighters like Yaling and Kuvira can overcome the power gap and end up taking a majority. Agility has always been Toph’s greatest weakness

Bending actually is very much like rock papers scissors lol

raimundopedrosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raimundopedrosa: personally I just think Toph is more suited to beat opponents with her raw power and environmental awareness, but agile and more skilled fighters like Yaling and Kuvira can overcome the power gap and end up taking a majority. Agility has always been Toph’s greatest weakness

Bending actually is very much like rock papers scissors lol

Awesome! BTW, want to help close any lacks of understanding with me in this thread? https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/azula-vs-iroh-1646652/?page=4#js-message-164

Some people still don't understand (or seem to be just ignoring the reasons why) that Azula as of current would curbstomp Iroh lol.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Toph is better. Honestly, the only thing that Kuvira has is her speed.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

raimundopedrosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raimundopedrosa: I replied to him:)

Epic! Also, I'm catching up right now on "Ruins of the Empire!" Holy smokes, Kuvira is so impressive! I'm on Part 2 (read Part 1 when it came out).

Would you side with Kuvira over Toph for this battle? Also, it's interesting that you mention agility, regardless of bending style, as Toph's weakness, because a while ago on a Toph versus Spiderman thread, everyone unanimously agreed that Spiderman would win. I was a part of "everyone" haha. However, what I said was that, though Toph would be comfortably above Kuvira or her daughters, I'd actually imagine one of Toph's daughters or Kuvira to last longer against Spiderman than Toph just because of their much more agile, airborne fighting.

Same for Yaling.

So, you've got Kuvira over old Toph? And how about old Toph or one of her daughters?

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raimundopedrosa: yea I do have Kuvira above Toph in general because she is the perfect foil to Toph’s grounded style

raimundopedrosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raimundopedrosa: yea I do have Kuvira above Toph in general because she is the perfect foil to Toph’s grounded style

Hmm, I just finished "Part 2." Toph, even as an old lady, was just as impressive as Kuvira and Suyin, if not more so against Guan's army... this is getting tricky now haha.

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byondeon: And you know, vastly superior metalbending. And combat intelligence. And evasiveness/agility. And precision.

All Toph has is raw power over Kuvira.

raimundopedrosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byondeon: And you know, vastly superior metalbending. And combat intelligence. And evasiveness/agility. And precision.

You and @emmafrostxmen are two of the most convincing users on this site, I swear. First Snape versus Bellatrix, now this haha. I still see Toph winning, but not as much of a landslide as I'd seen earlier. Also, did you read "Ruins of the Empire?" I read the whole thing, and your comment about Kuvira's intelligence couldn't be more accurate. Honestly, I hated Kuvira at the end of the series, but I like her a lot now.

And though I'm not entirely sure where I stand on Kuvira versus Toph, I've got Toph losing to or stalemating kemurikage Azula, but Kuvira beating her. You?

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vengefulshot said:

Toph have vastly superior metalbending. Kucira might be more agile than this Toph, however she is still outclassed in metalbending, and combat intelligence. Toph has literally fought opponents that makes Kuviras seem like toddlers. The best one Kuvira have beat is Suyin, as when she beat Korra, Korra was literally suffering from PTSD at the time.

And you know, vastly superior bending, combat intelligence and overall everything besides speed and agility (since this is old Toph, however we saw that she still had good agility even in her old age when she fouight Korra).

Dmnb2wavy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vengefulshot said:

You and @emmafrostxmen are two of the most convincing users on this site, I swear. First Snape versus Bellatrix, now this haha. I still see Toph winning, but not as much of a landslide as I'd seen earlier. Also, did you read "Ruins of the Empire?" I read the whole thing, and your comment about Kuvira's intelligence couldn't be more accurate. Honestly, I hated Kuvira at the end of the series, but I like her a lot now.

And though I'm not entirely sure where I stand on Kuvira versus Toph, I've got Toph losing to or stalemating kemurikage Azula, but Kuvira beating her. You?

That’s a big claim there

raimundopedrosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raimundopedrosa said:
@vengefulshot said:

That’s a big claim there

They really are awesome, though. Shame that you can't see their accuracy.

Dmnb2wavy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By Dmnb2wavy

@raimundopedrosa said:
@dmnb2wavy said:
@raimundopedrosa said:
@vengefulshot said:

That’s a big claim there

never said they weren’t good but you stated that those two were the most convincing people on the site . That is a very big claim to make unless you actually have knowledge on every worth while debater on the site

noobsnowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

raimundopedrosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raimundopedrosa said:
@dmnb2wavy said:
@raimundopedrosa said:
@vengefulshot said:

That’s a big claim there

never said they weren’t good but you stated that those two were the most convincing people on the site . That is a very big claim to make unless you actually have knowledge on every worth while debater on the site

I've been on here a while lol. Anyway, who you backing for this?

Dmnb2wavy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

raimundopedrosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By raimundopedrosa
Majorknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's said that Toph can actually sense earth/metal even if its not connected to the ground. Even Death Battle knew this fact when they pitted her up against Gaara. This makes alot more sense than her just predicting the trajectory of opponents. It explains why Toph never had a problem with the flying Dai Lee fists.

If this is the case, fighting toph with earth/metal on you would really not be a good idea.

Also, the manner Toph dominated a poisoned Korra was far greater than how Kuvira beat Korra an episode later. The old lady had her hands behind her back the whole time and Korra barely got a clean shot if at all. And Korra was definitely trying in that scene. The level of dominance, skill and control demonstrated there should prove just how formidable Toph can be.

Also, I've always wondered why Toph has never dealt with anyone else the way she dealt with the Boulder. If she used such skills against all her opponents, really few people could actually keep up with her.

Lamario22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@loklegends: creators said Prime Kuvira rival Prime Toph ......Toph can barely move as a old lady...

Lamario22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj_god: the creators said kuvira rival prime Toph

Lamario22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lamario22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: @combatt: @ssj_god: the creators said kuvira rival prime Toph it's about speed precision and accuracy not always raw power....

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

Toph would beat this wicked witch down for giving metalbenders a bad name.

viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The grumpy Beifong wins it. But Kuvira would give her an excellent fight.

SenateSheev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Toph

KorraAlone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By KorraAlone

Toph is the superior earthbender but Kuvira is too quick and precise,look at her first fight against Korra and how quick and subtle her attacks were,she would keep Toph constantly on her toes and eventually overwhelm her by exploiting any mistake or opening

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Toph has a lot more raw power than Kuvira, and that alone is enough for a majority. But Kuvira's precision, subtlety and combo based attacks are enough for 3 or 4 rounds out of 10. Toph can't make a single mistake or she will lose.

RonnyLamar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omniscience: saying is a metal bending master are you drunk

RonnyLamar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corbinbrooks: toph is the weakest metal bender and Yailing already beat Toph in a earth bending battle Toph isn't invincible