Its FInally out So: Goku SSG vs Superman

This topic is locked from further discussion.

xeon1cs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@innersuperman said:

@anothervillain:

so we can use people that they almost beat as a feat that's silly come on give me a break we can make assumptions all we want it will not prove anything.

ok he stood his own against someone who destroyed half the universe.. thats a pretty impressive feat if you ask me... i mean SA superman isnt even on that level

When did anyone in the movie destroy half a universe?

First it was a solar system, then Bills is apparently a galaxy buster (That never happened), and now apparently he's 1/2 a universe buster?

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haven't seen the movie, but my answer was and is still Goku, at least against standard superman..

debeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xeon1cs: that is false he never did in the movie .

Avatar image for billzthegodofdestruction
BillzTheGodOfDestruction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242 said:

@billzthegodofdestruction said:

ss1 goku would beat superman. screw that deathbattle!

SSG wins, spite.

How?

SS1 goku just instant transmisions superman into a red star or just blasts him with a kamehameha which would disintergrate him, because Superman has been knocked out by sitting busting attacks before:

No Caption Provided

And frieza is a casual planet buster SS1 goku is much stronger then frieza by the time of Battle Of The Gods.

superman would put up a small fight against goku in base form

goku stomps superman in SS1

goku one-shots Superman in SS3 form.

SSG wouldn't hardly even need to hit superman to beat him superman would tire himself out trying to touch SSG. 1 neck chop would decapitate superman just like the all powerful bills did to goku.

It's all here in this article: http://www.screwattack.com/news/goku-vs-superman-why-goku-would-win

xeon1cs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By xeon1cs

@billzthegodofdestruction: Do you even know who Superman is fighting there or did you just pull out a random scan and ignore any bit of context?

BillzTheGodOfDestruction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xeon1cs said:

@billzthegodofdestruction: Do you even know who Superman is fighting there or did you just pull out a random scan?

hes fighting a guy who can only bust a city.

xeon1cs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By xeon1cs
BillzTheGodOfDestruction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

debeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By debeze
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman gets Anti Saiyan Spray from Mxyzptlk and kills Goku on site.

:P

Avatar image for deactivated-5c63f773eaecf
deactivated-5c63f773eaecf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The movie was very well made and looked amazing. But, fell short on the design of the God form in my opinion. There is no doubt that SSJ4 or this version of Goku could wipe the floor with the more recent versions of Superman. Goku has demonstrated more durability and destructive capability prior to this movie than what the current version of Superman can hope to deal with. However, Goku's raw and natural physical strength is just nowhere near Supermans level. But, I think Goku, especially in this new god form, has superior everything on the more recent versions of Superman minus physical strength.

OldNorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By OldNorse

I can see why some on here give DBZ fans a hard time as many can be quite delusional at times, but with that being said, many also fail to realize and acknowledge many key points. First and foremost being, if in character, superman hardly If ever starts out full force unless under certain extreme circumstances so if the battle starts out something like they are both a hundred yards away from another or what have you then you can basically make no valid argument for him performing a speed blitz, throwing him into the sun or any other extreme, out of character responses typically given for his win as its not his character given normal battle circumstances. Now goku is much more of a actual warrior then superman is, while clark was off performing farm chores and running around trying to snap the perfect photograph, goku was battling armies and other wordily beings, the technical fighting aspect is heavily in his favor not to mention battle sense and strategy, he is far more efficient and experienced in these things. A more realistic approach to this battle would be superman approaching goku while holding back a great deal, now goku can also sense energy levels so he would know how powerful superman was way before superman had any idea who he was up against. So a feeling out approach to a unknown enemy compared to a battle hardened warrior knowing what he's up against and having enough practical knowledge to take advantage of the situation. This has always seemed much more likely in my mind.

xeon1cs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danm said:

I can see why some on here give DBZ fans a hard time as many can be quite delusional at times, but with that being said, many also fail to realize and acknowledge many key points. First and foremost being, if in character, superman hardly If ever starts out full force unless under certain extreme circumstances so if the battle starts out something like they are both a hundred yards away from another or what have you then you can basically make no valid argument for him performing a speed blitz, throwing him into the sun or any other extreme, out of character responses typically given for his win as its not his character given normal battle circumstances. Now goku is much more of a actual warrior then superman is, while clark was off performing farm chores and running around trying to snap the perfect photograph, goku was battling armies and other wordily beings, the technical fighting aspect is heavily in his favor not to mention battle sense and strategy, he is far more efficient and experienced in these things. A more realistic approach to this battle would be superman approaching goku while holding back a great deal, now goku can also sense energy levels so he would know how powerful superman was way before superman had any idea who he was up against. So a feeling out approach to a unknown enemy compared to a battle hardened warrior knowing what he's up against and having enough practical knowledge to take advantage of the situation. This has always seemed much more likely in my mind.

Both fighters are bloodlusted, so what they would normally do is irrelevant.

The more likely scenario is Superman just instantly lobotomizes Goku.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

@xeon1cs said:

@danm said:

Both fighters are bloodlusted, so what they would normally do is irrelevant.

The more likely scenario is Superman just instantly lobotomizes Goku.

This.

AnotherVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By AnotherVillain

@batman242 said:

SSG wins, spite.

How?

SS1 goku just instant transmisions superman into a red star or just blasts him with a kamehameha which would disintergrate him, because Superman has been knocked out by sitting busting attacks before:

No Caption Provided

And frieza is a casual planet buster SS1 goku is much stronger then frieza by the time of Battle Of The Gods.

SSG wouldn't hardly even need to hit superman to beat him superman would tire himself out trying to touch SSG. 1 neck chop would decapitate superman just like the all powerful bills did to goku.

It's all here in this article: http://www.screwattack.com/news/goku-vs-superman-why-goku-would-win

Yeah and in the other saga. i forget which one :/. goku fights freeza and cell on base form and makes them look like complete fools. freeza is a planet buster and cell is ALOT stronger than him. i thinkk thiis was in GT btw. and you guys are also forgetting a major factor.. fighting!! an amazing martial artist (goku) vs a brawler (superman).. superman would have a hard time even touching goku

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242 said:

SSG wins, spite.

How?

No Caption Provided

Yeah and in the other saga. i forget which one :/. goku fights freeza and cell on base form and makes them look like complete fools. freeza is a planet buster and cell is ALOT stronger than him. i thinkk thiis was in GT btw. and you guys are also forgetting a major factor.. fighting!! an amazing martial artist (goku) vs a brawler (superman).. superman would have a hard time even touching goku

Not to sound rude, but are you that guy's multiple account?

xeon1cs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still don't know why they're using some out of context scan of Gog as evidence.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xeon1cs said:

I still don't know why they're using some out of context scan of Gog as evidence.

Because some poorly written and heavily biased article did it and they can't debate for themselves?

Bossmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman Stomps

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#120  Edited By TifaLockhart

In fairness, the last Superman movie sucked too.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By ComicStooge
TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By TifaLockhart

I am so stoked for Man of Steel.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242 said:

SSG wins, spite.

How?

No Caption Provided

I was actually referring to you saying "SS1 Goku would beat Superman", but okay.

How would Goku know a red star would weaken Superman? I don't see Superman getting hit by a Kamehameha, 'cause it has to be charged up at least a little. Superman without PIS would dodge that easily.

You know what my ultimate question is to Goku vs Superman? It's: How will Goku ever be able to take a punch from Superman? I'll just leave at that for now.

AnotherVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By AnotherVillain

@anothervillain said:

@batman242 said:

SSG wins, spite.

How?

No Caption Provided

Not to sound rude, but are you that guy's multiple account?

huh? O_o nah this is my 1st acc but ive been spectating for a long time. ive tried making an account for the past month but it said the site was undergoing maintenance :o

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If the z fighters are so weak physically, then why use physical attacks at all? I mean they are durable enough to take blasts. Food for thought.

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
Simon_the_digger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242: They can't answer that nor do they have an answer for heat vision either.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By TifaLockhart

Heat vision? Seriously?

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By MethoKi

@anothervillain: Yeah that was GT and I watched that fight yesterday. That fight was THE stupidest fight in that show I've ever watched. It has PIS. They had the perfect chance to kill Goku while he was frozen in the ice, but oh, they hesitate because the ice is melting. Why would you care that the ice is melting if you're about to kill the guy?

They say Cell has enough Ki to blow up a solar system, but he never shows such an ability.

GT wasn't even canon, so that doesn't count. If you can call on GT for feats, I can easily just use Kingdom Come, All-Star Superman and Superman Prime...

Bossmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Bossmonster

@batman242: Here is what I don't get. People go above and beyond to pick all the whacky, toon force like versions of Goku and then turn around and pick out the weakest or least Developed versions of Superman possible. That's just such a puss thing to do.

If Goku is so great, why not put him against Prime. (Who as far as I know is very much canon to DC story.) Wasn't Prime mashing entire dimension or something to that effect. At another point, didn't Prime live through the Big Bang?? Like really?

People talk about all these high end feats for Goku, which really aren't all that amazing given that half of them don't compare to Superman at his full power before being nerfed repeatedly so that can keep selling the comic or recon't for the exact same reason.

At there full power, if Goku and Superman ever fought, no morals, Goku would died, end of story. This is just stupid.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even assuming Goku can't withstand a punch or heatvision, he's too fast. How's Superman going to land a clean hit in the first place? (I don't think it'll come to that, as I believe Goku to be tough enough to take punches and heatvision from Superman, but just in case, it works for the Flash)

jaywray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By jaywray

@batman242: H

ere is what I don't get. People go above and beyond to pick all the whacky, toon force like versions of Goku and then turn around and pick out the weakest or least Developed versions of Superman possible. That's just such a puss thing to do.

If Goku is so great, why not put him against Prime. (Who as far as I know is very much canon to DC story.) Wasn't Prime mashing entire dimension or something to that effect. At another point, didn't Prime live through the Big Bang?? Like really?

People talk about all these high end feats for Goku, which really aren't all that amazing given that half of them don't compare to Superman at his full power before being nerfed repeatedly so that can keep selling the comic or recon't for the exact same reason.

At there full power, if Goku and Superman ever fought, no morals, Goku would died, end of story. This is just stupid.

Such insightful and inspiring input. Thank you.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even assuming Goku can't withstand a punch or heatvision, he's too fast. How's Superman going to land a clean hit in the first place? (I don't think it'll come to that, as I believe Goku to be tough enough to take punches and heatvision from Superman, but just in case, it works for the Flash)

So, Superman, a guy that can go FTL (Faster Than Light) all of a sudden can't land a hit on some guy who just moves at Hyper Sonic speeds? Goku is not tough enough to take those punches. Goku has never faced anyone who can destroy a planet with their fist.... Until now at least - so I've heard. Goku's durability against all of those fighters proves that he can't take a hit from a Superman that isn't holding back.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By TifaLockhart

Superman flew 20c once that I know of. And that's travel speed. Raditz, with a piddly powerlevel of 1200, dodged a beam of light. And if Gokus not durable, then why do they even bother with energy projection? It just causes unnecessary collateral damage.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman flew 20c once that I know of. And that's travel speed. Raditz, with a piddly powerlevel of 1200, dodged a beam of light. And if Gokus not durable, then why do they even bother with energy projection? It just causes unnecessary collateral damage.

What?

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If the argument is that they are tougher against energy than they are against punches and kicks, then it'd make no sense to even bust out the energy. That stuff can cause extensive collateral damage. Also, what planet busters has Superman fought and how did he do against them?

Theorder14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_last_son_of_czarnia said:

So, Superman, a guy that can go FTL (Faster Than Light) all of a sudden can't land a hit on some guy who just moves at Hyper Sonic speeds? Goku is not tough enough to take those punches. Goku has never faced anyone who can destroy a planet with their fist.... Until now at least - so I've heard. Goku's durability against all of those fighters proves that he can't take a hit from a Superman that isn't holding back.

This is SSG Goku so i'm pretty sure Goku is durable enough against supes punches. Also, when did Superman ever fight in FTL? It's been stated and shown on-panel that his mind is left behind when he fly that fast. Superman can fly in FTL and blitz in one direction but he can't control it like Flash. Many have claimed that superman have FTL combat speed but i have yet to see a single scan of him fighting that fast.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242 said:

This is SSG Goku so i'm pretty sure Goku is durable enough against supes punches. Also, when did Superman ever fight in FTL? It's been stated and shown on-panel that his mind is left behind when he fly that fast. Superman can fly in FTL and blitz in one direction but he can't control it like Flash. Many have claimed that superman have FTL combat speed but i have yet to see a single scan of him fighting that fast.

Yea, that's true, but I was using base form Goku in that specific debate. Superman still moves at speeds just above Goku's. I never said he was FTL in combat, but when he blitzes, he's pretty fast;

No Caption Provided

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How fast is he? Gokus fast too. And Mongul isn't known for being a speedster.

omegablast452

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love me some SSG Goku.

CalebHara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By CalebHara

@supermansito: instant transmission is light speed or maybe faster , he used this same method while fighiting bills so we can tell that is not a problem for him to do this while fighitng

Thats like if i said, Superman's heat vision is light speed or faster, and he uses it all the time in battle, so he has no problem doing that. Instant transmission doesn't require FTL reflexes, you and i could do it just the same as the Saiyans could if we had the ability to do so.

and like i told you kid goku had light speed reactions( not combat speed or traveling speed)

I have already proved that Superman does as well.

Goku with a powerlevel of 5,000 traveled Snake Way, 1,000,000 km long (621,371 miles) in the course of 2 days.

Goku traveled at 20,833 km per hour, (12,945 mph) (without kaioken)

right after they defeated vegeta , goku started to train in 100G

While figihting the ginyu force he had a power level of 90,000 lets see

5,000 power level 12.945 mph (every 5k is 12.945)

90/5 =18x12.945 mph = 233,010 mph

when goku started fighiting ginyu he powered up to 180,000 so just pretty much multiply it by x2 which equals= 466,020 mph if he had used kaikoen x20 this would be the result (9,320,400 mph)

when frieza and goku started figihting goku had a power level of 3.000.000 /180k = goku became x16.66666666666667 stronger

16.66666666666667x466,020 mph = 7,767,000 mph . if he used 20x kaikoen it which he did against freiza it would be 155,340,000 mph

finally goku became super saiyan his power level was 150,000,000/3m =50 he became x50 stronger lets multiply that by 7,767,000 mph

388,350,000 mph and using kaikoen x20 7,767,000,000 mph ok finally

1 hour = 3,600 seconds.

goku ssj1 x20 kaikoen = 7,767,000,000 mph / 3600 = 2,157,500 mi/sec

without kaikeon 107,875 mil/sec still not speed of light but this is only ssj1

I appreciate the intricacies of these calculations. However, Superman has traveled over 5.9,000,000,000 mph, before, while fighting somone. It is estimated that he is at least capable of traveling over 17,000,000,000 mph. So, if your calculations are correct (i double checked them just to sure) then at around ssj1 x20 kaioken, they have similar speed feats.

But then, you run into a problem. After the Freiza saga, Goku simply does not have the feats (from what i can remember) to compare to Superman's speed. If you have feats that would confirm that he can actually travel at such speeds, please show me them.

Even in the legendary ssj4 Goku has never shown that he can actually travel at speed in the range of the billions of miles per hour. And although calculations are nice, but feats out rule them 10 times out of 10. Goku's feats of speed simply do not compare with Superman's speed.

But hey, that is from my limited knowledge of DBZ, i used to watch it all the time when i was a kid, and i seem to have forgotten alot of what happened now a days. So if you have feats of him actually traveling this fast, please show me and prove me wrong.

Oh, and thanks for actually providing feats and calculations, unlike the other guy.

CalebHara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theorder14: Hey, so scans and feats? you got em? or do i have to keep waiting?

Theorder14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By Theorder14

@calebhara: Dude, i posted some of them 9 hours ago lol >.>

CalebHara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theorder14: Well sh*t, that didn't even show up in my notifications. Thank, let me get to your response.

Theorder14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theorder14 said:

@batman242 said:

Yea, that's true, but I was using base form Goku in that specific debate. Superman still moves at speeds just above Goku's. I never said he was FTL in combat, but when he blitzes, he's pretty fast;

No Caption Provided

I see, i guess it depends on which version of Goku ur using, Saiyan saga, Frieza saga, cell saga etc

Goku in base form during Frieza saga could dodge and deflect FTL beams. What is it that makes Superman's combat speed superior than Gokus?

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By MethoKi

@theorder14: No, you misunderstood. I was saying Superman is faster in travel speed than Goku. In combat speed, I admit Goku is faster, but Superman can blitz, and that is fast. If Superman can somehow blitz Goku, it'd be over for him. Why? I persoanlly don't see Goku taking any of those punches and getting back up, I don't think he can endure a heat vision blast anywhere on his body or I don't think he can do much about frozen... but that sounds bias of me.

I'm only going off what I know of the characters. There are only a handful of people on this forum that have watched the movie. I'll have to watch it and judge it from there. Until then, we're basically speculating.

Theorder14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242: Alright, but can't Goku sense him coming? He can feel Supermans movement and the air current so i doubt Superman could blitz him. but yea, we will have to wait for the movie to get the whole picture

CalebHara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By CalebHara

@theorder14: i'm pretty sure lighting bolts isn't FTL and he dodged yes. but i was asking for combat speed feats. i mean, Batman have fought KK, does that mean Batman's combat speed and reflexes is light speed?

Batman fought KK, and he didn't land a single blow, and he had his belt taken. I can provide scans for this if you need them. Another thing is, characters often don't utilize their speed in battles due to plot elements. Hulk tags Silver Surfer every time they fight, and Surfer has nanosecond reaction time and can travel light years in under a second.

i've seen bits of the movie and got a statement that Billis is MFTL but we will have to wait for the subtitles to get the whole picture. btw u haven't proven Superman can fight in FTL yet and now ur asking for scans >.> i know Superman is fast but i don't think he's FTL in combat speed. i mean, wasn't it already stated that he can't think properly when he's at that speed?

scans coming up in a hour or so

Edit: Here's some scans showing how he deals with beams for now

Thank you for these, alot, you are the second person to actually provide scans so far. But im questioning what you consider FTL combat speed. I can show you lots of scans of Superman dodging lasers and beams like above, i have actually showed you one so far. you claimed that hese are not combat feats, and do not prove that Superman con move FTL. But when i ask you for combat feats, they are similar to mine.

They can both dodge/ block lasers and beams, they can essentially both move FTL. And it has literally never stated that Superman has trouble thinking when he is at that speed. On one occasion, he sped up to match the speed of Wally West (fastest flash to ever live). He had absolutely no problem thinking, and the world actually looked like it had rozen in place around him.

No Caption Provided

He is perfectly capable of thinking at such speeds.

Thank you for the feats, and sorry if i seemed arrogant/ rude before. I was getting a lot of talk from everyone, and not alot of feats at all.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Krillin and Master Roshi did similar back in Dragon Ball. They had a fight that included snot rockets and Rock Paper Scissors faster than the tournament spectators could see.

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Kal

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By MethoKi

@batman242: Alright, but can't Goku sense him coming? He can feel Supermans movement and the air current so i doubt Superman could blitz him. but yea, we will have to wait for the movie to get the whole picture

Superman can do just about the same. He has that super hearing. How many times has Goku's senses helped him in a fight?