VS

Green Arrow (New 52/Rebirth)

No Caption Provided

Rules

• In character
  • No prep
  • Win by any means
  • Standard gear
  • Comic Green Arrow only has new 52 and rebirth feats. No pre-flashpoint feats.
  • CW Green arrow has feats from the CW shows, comics, and novels

• Begin visible
  • Begin 150 feet apart
  • Fight takes place here:
No Caption Provided

Who wins and why?

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

New 52/Rebirth, explicitly easily. Legit one look at a CaV post from TRV is enough. Inb4 the CW squad.

TheSuperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Comic version is more accurate but doesn't have the same reaction speed as the CW version. If this comes down to a ranged fight the comic version should edge it, if he approaches the CW version up close he would lose.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Comic could take it from range because of better accuracy and better trick arrows. They are pretty evenly matched in every other aspect of archery like draw speed and reflexes.

In h2h, CW would definitely dominate.

If this was regular arrows only then I'd go with CW. But trick arrows make this trickier to judge.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@rbt said:

Comic could take it from range because of better accuracy and better trick arrows. They are pretty evenly matched in every other aspect of archery like draw speed and reflexes.

In h2h, CW would definitely dominate.

If this was regular arrows only then I'd go with CW. But trick arrows make this trickier to judge.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wanted to make this thread because I checked how many issues Green arrow has in the new 52/rebirth continuity and it turns out green arrow v5 has 54 issues and green arrow v6 has 50 issues meaning he has 104 issues total. This doesn't include guest appearances but the CW has over 150 episodes and with supplementary material like comics and novels the number is a lot higher.

This is probably as balanced as a comic vs live action fight will get. Curious to see if CW can compete.

Slade-Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CW Ollie high diffs

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

comic version

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: well not a arrow expert i just always side with comic characters against live action versions :p

Slade-Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: He's better at CQC and they have comparable skill in archery, CW Ollie should be able to close in and dominate or if he can't close in he should be able to edge out Rebirth Ollie at range with an insane diff.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d01cd4d1eb4b
deactivated-5d01cd4d1eb4b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: well not a arrow expert i just always side with comic characters against live action versions :p

I don't get one fact. For people no matter of feats Comic counterpart>animated counterpart>live action one.

CW Oliver is better h2h but slightly inferior in archery.

Starlord from MCU as celestial is above comic or toon starlord.

Avatar image for deactivated-627d8daf1de25
deactivated-627d8daf1de25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Ain't this been done?

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5cadf799d578c
deactivated-5cadf799d578c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From what I've read from Rebirth,

Comic Ollie wins at range - better draw speed, better arrows

CW Ollie would win up close - better feats, better established level

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5cadf799d578c
deactivated-5cadf799d578c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: Green Arrow (2014) #27 (Granted not Rebirth, its New 52)

No Caption Provided

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 the_red_viper  Moderator
@rbt said:

@hispanicspidey: Better arrows, sure. But why better draw speed?

Because reasons:

No Caption Provided

New 52/Rebirth, explicitly easily. Legit one look at a CaV post from TRV is enough. Inb4 the CW squad.

Oh stop it, you

slam_speech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

N52 Green Arrow is much faster. He has reacted to bullets after they're. CW has done no such thing.

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

Are we still using that "feat" for Oliver? I guess Diggle and random fodder in the tie in Arrow comics can shoot at Mach speeds now with their bullets only inches away from on another.

Totally not an artistic choice.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 the_red_viper  Moderator

@rbt: It's a good one, but comparable? Nah. In both the scans that Hispanicspidey and I posted, the arrows are pretty much aligned (in mine they seem to have been fired at the same time and I would have thought they had if not for Oliver's cynical comment). In your scan, the head of each arrow is only somewhat aligned with the tail of the next one, which is a good feat but not on the same level, it's more comparable to Pre-Flashpoint Oliver.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

@the_red_viper: It's not even a feat. There's a dozen of scans that show people shooting bullets the same way, and it's not even named people, it's random fodder doing so. The artist just thinks it looks cool.

With the Rebirth scans, it's clear as day this is draw speed they're going for.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: It's a good one, but comparable? Nah. In both the scans that Hispanicspidey and I posted, the arrows are pretty much aligned (in mine they seem to have been fired at the same time and I would have thought they had if not for Oliver's cynical comment). In your scan, the head of each arrow is only somewhat aligned with the tail of the next one, which is a good feat but not on the same level, it's more comparable to Pre-Flashpoint Oliver.

True. But CW Oliver has other feats that would be more comparable to the ones you posted. That's just the first scan that came to my mind.

The separation between arrows is around half the length of an arrow.
The separation between arrows is around half the length of an arrow.

Even better than the last scan, IMO
Even better than the last scan, IMO

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 the_red_viper  Moderator

@anthp2000: I tend to differentiate bows and arrows from guns and bullets but I see where you're coming from.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 the_red_viper  Moderator

@rbt: The 1st one is good but still not as good, the 2nd one seems to me like he fired both arrows at the same time.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By RBT

@the_red_viper said:

@rbt: The 1st one is good but still not as good, the 2nd one seems to me like he fired both arrows at the same time.

There are two separate onomatopoeic sound effects. Though thinking about it, it could just be the sound of the arrow traveling through the air and not that of the drawstring as I initially thought. Yeah, if we ignore the last pic, then I can see New 52 having an edge in rapid-fire speed. But I don't think its really that significant to the point that it really will be the deciding factor.

What's your opinion on the fight itself? I don't know if you watch Arrow or not.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just posting a cool gif for CW Oliver's accuracy and speed.

No Caption Provided

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 anthp2000  Moderator  Online
Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: Mainly just for a role-play thread, but I didn't know where else would I post that particular gif, lol.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 the_red_viper  Moderator

@rbt: I watched seasons 1-6 without really paying attention to feats or anything, mostly just to pass thr time, so I don't remember anything too specific from Arrow. But from what I do remember I really don't think CW Arrow would beat comic-book Arrow. Though it's certainly closer when Pre-Flashpoint is restricted.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: I watched seasons 1-6 without really paying attention to feats or anything, mostly just to pass thr time, so I don't remember anything too specific from Arrow. But from what I do remember I really don't think CW Arrow would beat comic-book Arrow. Though it's certainly closer when Pre-Flashpoint is restricted.

I think, barring trick arrows, CW has a very good chance at beating comic Ollie. The only significant advantage comic Ollie has, IMO, is the ability to ricochet arrows as he does.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 the_red_viper  Moderator

@rbt: Eh, I don't think so, from what I recall. Ricocheting isn't something Ollie does all that often actually, he does that on occasion but not TOO often. I don't think there's a single archery feat of CW Ollie that comic-book Ollie hadn't surpassed as far as I recall.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By RBT

@the_red_viper: I don't doubt comic Ollie can replicate CW's accuracy feats. But it's true for other way around as well. Now as I said, comic Ollie does have a slight edge in accuracy, but again, nothing too significant. At least, none that would matter in this fight

Not to mention, both of them are extremely casual arrow timers so it shouldn't matter all that much. Both of them have advantages over each other, but none of those advantages are significant enough to give the other one a guaranteed victory. Except for comic Ollie's gear, which is a lot better than CW's.

Comic Ollie is a better and more dangerous archer overall, while CW is a more effective cqc combatant. CW also has better stealth and stealth detection. And loser morals. Barring trick arrows, I don't see why it wouldn't be an extremely close fight.

I know I didn't post a single feat to back up my claims but I didn't want to clutter this. If you disagree, post a feat for comic Ollie and I'll try and find one comparable or better from CW.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 the_red_viper  Moderator

@rbt: I don't think CW Ollie could replicate all of comic-book's feats. Regarding stealth and detection, I also disagree from what I recall of CW. Comic Ollie has some pretty great feats, like sneaking up on wild animals for example. I don't think morals are a factor, both of them are generally against killing but both have done some killing as well, and comic-book Ollie doesn't shy away from giving people some brutal beatings and injuries. I can maybe post some feats later.

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump, was Rebirth Ollie trained by Natas too? Is he as skilled as CW Ollie?

King-Ragnar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Comic Oliver sux. CW Wins.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 the_red_viper  Moderator

Comic still wins. Too underrated.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Comic cuz trick arrows. Without it, CW

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 the_red_viper  Moderator

@rbt: Nah, he's a far better archer regardless.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_red_viper: I don't see how. Unless you're talking about ricocheting arrows.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 the_red_viper  Moderator

@rbt: If you post CW's best archery feats I can post better ones for comic, that's the easiest way to decide.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: If you post CW's best archery feats I can post better ones for comic, that's the easiest way to decide.

Its hard to post best archery feats. Oliver has several different kinds of accuracy feats. Shooting down arrows, making a shot from more than a kilometer away, multiple arrows tagging multiple targets. etc. What feat of comic book Ollie do you not see CW being able to replicate at all?

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 the_red_viper  Moderator

@rbt: OK, let me rephrase: you can post whatever feats that impressed you the most, be it speed-reload, distance shooting, small target shooting, etc. I will post superior feats by comics Ollie.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: OK, let me rephrase: you can post whatever feats that impressed you the most, be it speed-reload, distance shooting, small target shooting, etc. I will post superior feats by comics Ollie.

Smh. you can't use UNO reverse cards in debates.

If you disagree, post a feat for comic Ollie and I'll try and find one comparable or better from CW.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 the_red_viper  Moderator

@rbt: I'm not reversing, I'm just rephrasing what I originally suggested given that I was apparently not clear enough. But you know what, alright, can you post a speed-reload feat that beats the one I posted in post #19? (I'm on mobile and it disappeared due to the new layout update but if if you can't see it on PC either tell me and I'll repost it). The one from the tie-in comic in post #22 really isn't on the same level tbh.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: I'm not reversing, I'm just rephrasing what I originally suggested given that I was apparently not clear enough. But you know what, alright, can you post a speed-reload feat that beats the one I posted in post #19? (I'm on mobile and it disappeared due to the new layout update but if if you can't see it on PC either tell me and I'll repost it). The one from the tie-in comic in post #22 really isn't on the same level tbh.

Yes, as I said, the feat I posted is the best speed reload feat of CW Ollie as far as I remember. And I conceded already that comic Ollie has an edge in that area. Though, do you happen to know the draw weight of New 52 Oliver's bow? I know Roy's bow had 80 lbs draw weight. Not sure about New 52 Ollie.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By the_red_viper  Moderator

@rbt: Yeah it's 150 lbs as he mentioned in one of his Rebirth issues. I can find the scan soon when I get to my PC.

And I'll also find other archery feats for you to try and counter if you want, but I will say though, that given how both of them are good enough to potentially hit one another this fight comes down to who shoots first/faster (which would be comic Oliver) and who can better avoid the other's arrows, and while I'm aware that CW Ollie is an arrow timer, we can enter a measuring contest in that area as well if you want.