Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13421 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

X-Men of the Year Awards: 2020 NOMINATIONS!!!

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Back again! For the end of another year!

Name your nominations here and then we'll follow up with polls to determine who wins in each category.

You can nominate as many as you want, but they must have 2 nominations from different viners to make it to the poll

The Categories Are:

1. X-Men character of the Year

2. X-Men writer of the year

3. Best story of the year (multiple issue arc)

4. Best X-Men moment of the year(a single moment)

5. Best X-Book of the year

6. Best "Villain" of the Year

7. Best New character

8. Return of the Year (A returning or resurrected character that's been away for years)

9. Worst X-Men character of the year

10. Worst X-Men writer of the year

11. Biggest let down of the year

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

111. X of swords

Avatar image for life_without_progress
    life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

... All this reminds me of is that I've been stuck too long in the Hololive Rabbit Hole for too long in nearly 4 months that my interest in my X-Men titles dropped considerably.

But hey, I'll drop in some nominations.

1.) Cyclops, Magneto

2.) Jonathan Hickman, Zeb Wells

11.) Behold the weirdest X-Men Crossover of all time and years of name bullying for this poor child.

Loading Video...

Said child was named one of my favorite love-hate characters in fiction (Hi, Toradora fans!), his other name came from Wolverine. Paulo just ruined this kid's life.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

My nominations are the following:

1. Kitty Pryde, Professor X, Magik
    2. J Hickman, Benjamin Percy
    3. Can't really name anything here.
    4. The resurrection of Kitty
    5. Marauders, X-Force
    6. ....
    7. ...
    8. ...
    9. Cable, Cyclops
    10. Bryan Hill
    11. X of Swords
    HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

1. At this point I don't know but to me its a tie between Apocalypse and Kwannon

2. Hickman, Percy

3. Xmen #4 had the best story but as far as multiple issues its a tie between Percy on Xforce and Marauders

4. Kitty's resurrection

5. Xmen/ Xforce/Marauders

7. Kwannon

8. Kwannon/ Jean/Cyclops

10. Tini Howard

11. Guess I have to say X of Swords but I didnt expect much from it anyway so in that sense its not a letdown

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By PyroFN

1) X-Men character of the Year

Stepford Cuckoos. They have been pulling in work throughout this year and deserve the spotlight after regaining Esme and Sophie.

2) X-Men writer of the year

Hickman. Krakoa’s world and lore is mostly him. Yeah, other writers should be given credit, especially the ones with the best X-books, but on the whole, he is the center.

3) Best story of the year (multiple issue arc)

Kitty’s Resurrection. No surprises, but a lot of good character moments and lore.

4) Best X-Men moment of the year(a single moment)

Quiet Council’s Meeting in X-Factor #4. The spotlight is on Emma Frost’s reaction to Rockslide’s death. You can feel the urgency and grief in every word.

No Caption Provided

5) Best X-Book of the year

I am gonna give Hellions a chance. It has no being as good as it is, but it is really good with only six issues in. The kicker is: Only three characters in this are recognizable, with the rest being obscure.

6) Best "Villain" of the Year

Madelyne Pryor. Yeah, her motivations have been done to death by her before, but her existence raises an important issue regarding the “no clones” rule on Krakoa. She remains a divisive issue of either apathy toward her or sympathy.

7) Best New character

Redroot for me. Pogg Ur-Pogg almost made it, but recent revelations have disappointed me. Meanwhile, Redrrot’s relationship to the island of Arakko and her motivations make her a sympathetic character that I felt for.

8) Return of the Year (A returning or resurrected character that's been away for years)

......Uh, Madelyne Pryor??? Honestly, we haven’t really had any notable resurrections beyond Kitty Pryde, Shadow King, and the Externals. The Externals returned only to die. Shadow King remained background and Kitty was dead for only of several issues.

9) Worst X-Men character of the year

Quentin Quire. Hellion could have taken the spot, but he is actually supposed to be an unlikable character, so he gets a pass for me. Quentin’s arrogance and disappointment as an Omega continuously irritates me. I always enjoy his repressed deaths, though.

10) Worst X-Men writer of the year

Tini Howard. I feel bad for this, since she seems enthusiastic and does actually have a creative imagination. That in mind, her storytelling is too out-of-the-box and doesn’t mesh well with the current narrative. She was better off in a secluded section of the X-verse.

11) Biggest let down of the year

Captain Britain’s character arc. Betsy deserves way better than she has been getting. Betsy Braddock fans get my sympathy for her treatment. The treatment I am talking about is a constant conflict she has with her new title as Captain Britain. It’s either a burden that she took on for her brother or something she wanted that everyone hates her for. Then she gets the short end of the stick in X of Swords.

#JusticeforBetsy

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.