Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13420 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

What If?????

• 85 results
    Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Cutter

Let say WHAT IF someday Magneto dies of old age (since he's not getting any younger) unless he get to de-ages once again, which is possible. But it's also possible that he will die sooner or later (just like many other characters have)...and someone has to carry his memory...his legacy...his mutant crusade...his devotion to what he had always believed. The symbol of the Master of Magnetism...WHO will be the one to carry on?

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

XsPectre28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Joesph! Magneto dies but since we have seen him in an energy form and know that joesph is his clone maybe magneto becomes joesph. If not id like to see all his children come together n take up his legacy

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pfft, it's either Polaris or Quicksilver.....Quicksilver is REALLY pro-mutant and if his history with Magneto wasnt so screwed he'd be on his side....seriously.

And Polaris has more then once agreed with Magneto's beliefs if not his methods....and shes an old school X-Man. Plus she's more then a little unpredictable.

ultimatekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ultimatekey

I want to say Quicksilver but he and his father are not in a good relationship. Maybe things would change if he died. He tried to fulfill his goals just like Magneto but it backfired against him.(See Son of M and the beginning of House of M)

No Caption Provided

TBEMrMcCoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scarlet Witch would be a great choice. Magnetos daughter, extremely powerful. Emotionally damaged. The attributes are all there. Her team would be comprised of Quicksilver, Lady Deathstrike, Mystique,and Savretooth.

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I could very easily see Rogue playing the same role she did in Age of X - the Revenant - and absorbing Magneto's powers and memories. It would take some work to get her into the right position, of course. But i could see Rogue a changed woman after knowing and sharing all the experiences of Max's life. I would prefer to see this absorption damaging her ability to borrow powers, essentially replacing them with Magneto's powerset... with perhaps only an ability to absorb memories and energy rather than powers. ((a lingering aftereffect of Magneto's latent telepathy, and his arrogance in knowing he needs no other powers than those which earned him the title "The Master of Magnetism").

IMHO none of Max's children (aside PERHAPS from Polaris) deserve to take up his mantle. And frankly, no-one would follow Quicksilver. Even fewer would follow Scarlet Witch. Polaris' damaged mental state makes her a completely ineffectual leader. Rogue at least has an ability as command. With the added gravitas of Magneto... she would be a marvellous choice to succeed him.

ultimatekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I could very easily see Rogue playing the same role she did in Age of X - the Revenant - and absorbing Magneto's powers and memories. It would take some work to get her into the right position, of course. But i could see Rogue a changed woman after knowing and sharing all the experiences of Max's life. I would prefer to see this absorption damaging her ability to borrow powers, essentially replacing them with Magneto's powerset... with perhaps only an ability to absorb memories and energy rather than powers. ((a lingering aftereffect of Magneto's latent telepathy, and his arrogance in knowing he needs no other powers than those which earned him the title "The Master of Magnetism").

IMHO none of Max's children (aside PERHAPS from Polaris) deserve to take up his mantle. And frankly, no-one would follow Quicksilver. Even fewer would follow Scarlet Witch. Polaris' damaged mental state makes her a completely ineffectual leader. Rogue at least has an ability as command. With the added gravitas of Magneto... she would be a marvellous choice to succeed him.

Not the Revenant, that was Rachel Summers. Rogue's alternate counterpart was Legacy/Reaper. So in other words, she wasn't a ghost, she was the Grim Reaper continuing the legacy and memories of deceased mutants. lol

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@devilsgrin81 said:

Not the Revenant, that was Rachel Summers. Rogue's alternate counterpart was Legacy/Reaper. So in other words, she wasn't a ghost, she was the Grim Reaper continuing the legacy and memories of deceased mutants. lol

You're right... my bad... Legacy/Reaper ... got the names around the wrong way (could it be coz i really actually despise Rogue and don't care enough to remember an alternate name of hers? perhaps... i do hate Rachel Grey too...)

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By PhoenixoftheTides
    No Caption Provided

Joseph already tried it; maybe he should just go all the way in that direction. Have two Magneto's running around, just like having multiple O5 members in the same timeline. Just commit to the downward slide of having multiple versions of the same character around.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By adamTRMM

EXODUS! No context.

But Mann and Young made interested in this guy as well:

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@adamtrmm: Exodus was pretty cool; I wouldn't mind seeing him back.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
    deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

@cutter: Five question marks? Really?

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Exodus was pretty cool; I wouldn't mind seeing him back.

Extremely underrated and mostly misused character with a great background and vast potential. He has to be the new sympathetic mutant supremacist!

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@adamtrmm: Exodus was pretty cool; I wouldn't mind seeing him back.

Now THIS would be interesting. He can definitely can take over if any of Magneto's kids refuse. Good one.

@squares said:

@cutter: Five question marks? Really?

Lol...as we all know for the title we need 10 or more letters in order to submit it. So instead of 4 or 5 dots (like I usually do) I used 5 questions...really...lol.

@adamtrmm said:

EXODUS! No context.

But Mann and Young made interested in this guy as well:

No Caption Provided

Joseph...indeed...another interesting symbol of Magneto...

out of them 3...I was going either Polaris or Rogue, but it's true what you're saying...I think Rogue beside Joseph and Exodus or even Polaris and Quicksilver...Rogue can be the one who can actually carry on his memory. There are many possibilities with Rogue, Polaris. Exodus, and Joseph...it would be hard to chose...lol

Joesph! Magneto dies but since we have seen him in an energy form and know that joesph is his clone maybe magneto becomes joesph. If not id like to see all his children come together n take up his legacy

Now this is what I really would like to see :)

@koays said:

Pfft, it's either Polaris or Quicksilver.....Quicksilver is REALLY pro-mutant and if his history with Magneto wasnt so screwed he'd be on his side....seriously.

And Polaris has more then once agreed with Magneto's beliefs if not his methods....and shes an old school X-Man. Plus she's more then a little unpredictable.

Polaris....for sure...

Scarlet Witch would be a great choice. Magnetos daughter, extremely powerful. Emotionally damaged. The attributes are all there. Her team would be comprised of Quicksilver, Lady Deathstrike, Mystique,and Savretooth.

Agree...it can be possible.

I want to say Quicksilver but he and his father are not in a good relationship. Maybe things would change if he died. He tried to fulfill his goals just like Magneto but it backfired against him.(See Son of M and the beginning of House of M)

No Caption Provided

I really never thought of this one...good choice.

TBEMrMcCoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutter: Exodus was a beast. I would like to see him again.

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutter: Exodus was a beast. I would like to see him again.

Oh yes he was...I truly will love to see Exodus carrying the crusade...absolutely. He's been missed.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
    deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Magneto is a one and only. There is no one capable of taking up his "mantel", and there shouldn't be.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
    deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

@cutter: But five question marks looks stupid, why not just use a proper title that actually tells us what the thread is about?

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squares said:

@cutter: But five question marks looks stupid, why not just use a proper title that actually tells us what the thread is about?

I guess you have a problem with ????? questions. The title is What If...the description is inside the thread. Unless you wanted me to write the whole description in the tittle. I thought it will let people wonder and this hasn't bother no one but you...so why bother????? And I always use a proper title and What If is one of them.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By adamTRMM

@cutter:

Now THIS would be interesting. He can definitely can take over if any of Magneto's kids refuse. Good one.

If they refuse? Man, it's not like even Polaris truly believed in his cause.

Joseph...indeed...another interesting symbol of Magneto...

He is like Magneto, but better... I hated the idea of Magneto's clone (more than this, the idea that he allowed him to live), but seeing how messed up Magnus' character is, makes Joseph the ultimate troll in this direction.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Valdemocnij

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Valdemocnij
    No Caption Provided

At some way... :)

Frozon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely Scarlet Witch. She's too powerful just like Magneto. And speaking of what if? What if Wiccan out of nowhere becomes the symbol of his grandfather? Since Scarlet Witch never supported her father, it would be so awesome to see him as an unexpected thrive.

Psy_chrometer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You only posted the girls and not the males. But to tell you this Im gonna go with Polaris. She is the most supporter that Magneto ever had cause those other two are jerks. I don't understand why Scarlet witch and quicksilver always give complication to their own father. Like if they don't believe mutants should be protected or something. Like if they're forgetting where they really from. Shame on them but Polaris will be the one cause of her power like her father.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@psy_chrometer:

Also when the thought wolverine killed magneto in eve of destruction....later polaris showed up greiving for her father on Genosha

Psy_chrometer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@psy_chrometer:

Also when the thought wolverine killed magneto in eve of destruction....later polaris showed up greiving for her father on Genosha

She always grieves for her father and to know that she is the baby of the fam she always supported her father. I thought the other two jerks should do the same since they are the oldest and should understand what or why Magneto always been the way he is. I love Polaris she is so sentimental like me :)

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

@devilsgrin81: Love that idea for Rogue.

I do too...

No Caption Provided

Cool image :D

@frozon said:

Definitely Scarlet Witch. She's too powerful just like Magneto. And speaking of what if? What if Wiccan out of nowhere becomes the symbol of his grandfather? Since Scarlet Witch never supported her father, it would be so awesome to see him as an unexpected thrive.

Interesting...never thought of Wiccan taking his grandpa's legacy. Scarlet Witch will be the least to do so but....who knows.

You only posted the girls and not the males. But to tell you this Im gonna go with Polaris. She is the most supporter that Magneto ever had cause those other two are jerks. I don't understand why Scarlet witch and quicksilver always give complication to their own father. Like if they don't believe mutants should be protected or something. Like if they're forgetting where they really from. Shame on them but Polaris will be the one cause of her power like her father.

I only posted the girls cause I was letting the males to be posted by someone else...as you can see...lol. I do agree with you about the 2 Magneto's older kids. They just don't understand nothing so they just a blindfold to me. Polaris might be the one and only one so far who still stand by the father no matter the cause.

@hopesummersforthefuture said:

@psy_chrometer:

She always grieves for her father and to know that she is the baby of the fam she always supported her father. I thought the other two jerks should do the same since they are the oldest and should understand what or why Magneto always been the way he is. I love Polaris she is so sentimental like me :)

Agree with both of you....Polaris is a sweet, soft hearted's person...out of Magneto's kids.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#28  Edited By Teerack

There is only one....

No Caption Provided

You don't need master of magnetism to carry on his legacy.

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

There is only one....

No Caption Provided

COOL image...buuuuuuut....nope...lol (j/k). Never thought of Scotty...even though Fraction did made him act like Magneto at some point. Scotty seem great, but he protect the mutants as much as he protect the humans. So...I don't know if he should take up the mantle. It would be cool, though.

Avatar image for moonlighterstone
    Moonlighterstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting thread. This I can agree very much. Marvel one day will kill Magneto, but I'm sure they will immediately bring him back lol (why? cuz no one have the guts like the real Mighty Master of Magnetism).

As for the one to carry his legacy is either Joseph or Exodus. Polaris can be the one also.

Psy_chrometer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutter said:

@hawk2916 said:

@devilsgrin81: Love that idea for Rogue.

I do too...

@valdemocnij said:
    No Caption Provided

Cool image :D

@frozon said:

Interesting...never thought of Wiccan taking his grandpa's legacy. Scarlet Witch will be the least to do so but....who knows.

@psy_chrometer said:

I only posted the girls cause I was letting the males to be posted by someone else...as you can see...lol. I do agree with you about the 2 Magneto's older kids. They just don't understand nothing so they just a blindfold to me. Polaris might be the one and only one so far who still stand by the father no matter the cause.

@psy_chrometer said:

@hopesummersforthefuture said:

@psy_chrometer:

Agree with both of you....Polaris is a sweet, soft hearted's person...out of Magneto's kids.

Polaris is my sweet hear. She hold a soft spot en mi corazon. I do believe out of all Magneto kids, she is the only one that came out good to him. I think if something happen to her Magneto will destroy everything in life. He will become more vicioso and more peligroso that no one will be able to be near him lol.

Urban_Spaceman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Urban_Spaceman

Yea, other than minor chance with Polaris I can't picture Mags kids going in his footsteps, but I would be super keen for Joseph/exodus to have a duking out over his mantle. Exodus probably takes it, he can be pretty op if written right which makes for a fun villain.

BlackBlade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would say either Joseph or Exodus will be the most suitable for this. Although, I can picture some of Magneto's kids taking up his legacy. Quicksilver or Polaris can be the one and it doesn't mean they have to follow Magneto footsteps. They can go to another direction and make it for good and not for bad.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#34  Edited By Night4345

Probably Exodus, Polaris or Joseph. Wanda has shown she doesn't care that much about mutants and I don't see Speed or Wiccan going that far. Quicksilver, while sharing some respect for Magneto's beliefs, hates his father and is dedicated to the Avengers and the Academy and gaining his daughter's respect back.

ultimatekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably Exodus, Polaris or Joseph. Wanda has shown she doesn't care that much about mutants and I don't see Speed or Wiccan going that far. Quicksilver, while sharing some respect for Magneto's beliefs, hates his father and is dedicated to the Avengers and the Academy and gaining his daughter's respect back.

I know that she was the one who caused M-Day but other than that, she felt guilty about it and admitted that it was a mistake. So, to me it seems that she does still care abut mutants.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@ultimatekey: She's said to rogue she doesn't get what the big deal about mutants being born.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By adamTRMM

@ultimatekey said:

I know that she was the one who caused M-Day but other than that, she felt guilty about it and admitted that it was a mistake. So, to me it seems that she does still care abut mutants.

Where did this happen exactly?

ultimatekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

@ultimatekey said:

Where did this happen exactly?

I can't think of an exact issue but look at her character and character development. Also, she helped restore the mutant race after AvX. And on top of all that, after she got her powers back she was about to go out and start restoring the mutant race herself, starting with Rictor. Well, this is a story, but still has issues. In Young Avengers Children Crusades, it was apparent that she regretted warping reality to depower millions of mutants and she wanted to repent for her sin. Even though Doom was manipulating her, she still felt bad about it.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't think of an exact issue but look at her character and character development. Also, she helped restore the mutant race after AvX. And on top of all that, after she got her powers back she was about to go out and start restoring the mutant race herself, starting with Rictor. Well, this is a story, but still has issues. In Young Avengers Children Crusades, it was apparent that she regretted warping reality to depower millions of mutants and she wanted to repent for her sin. Even though Doom was manipulating her, she still felt bad about it.

Thankfully, her part in restoring mutantkind was left for interpretation by writers, and I gladly refuse to acknowledge to give her this credit.

The way she was written is actually inconsistent, in Uncanny Avengers she was clearly careless and stated being mutant isn't even important, after what she did, to say it was tactless would be a compliment. Or when she called Avengers an army and not the family they were once, and when the plot called she joined them without thinking twice.

So no, not everything is so clear.

Flavalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Exodus Exodus Exodus lol. I deeply believe Exodus is the one to carry on. He always admired Magneto and believed in his cause. He leaded the Acolytes for quite sometime and Im sure he will again. Well that if Magneto ever die ofcourse. Xavier made him disbanded his former Acolytes simply because Xavier thouhgt it was best. Im glad Xavier is gone. I always thouhgt he was pointless.

Frozon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Frozon

@cutter: Never thought of Wiccan either, but What If? Right? He's just like his mother.

Also, What If Xavier ever come back to life and find out Magneto's dead and he take his place? After what Xavier been through, Cyclops neglecting him as a leader, Illyana tried to kill him, His dream of mutant and human living in peace are all faded away, and now he will realize that Magneto was right about this? Cool idea if writers ever thought of this.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    BTW this is the young Magneto and Xavier. Can you imagine?

Shebba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought maybe Joseph. It's Magneto clone. If he's dead, then I'll stick with Exodus. If he's also dead, then I'll stick with Scarlet Witch. If she never gets to revive, then Polaris. If she doesn't take her father's place, then Magneto need to come back if he ever die. Seriously I will go with Joseph.

Avatar image for uncanny_xfactor
    Uncanny_XFactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

It comes down for me to Joseph, Quicksilver, Rogue, or Polaris. As my fanfictions go, I prefer Rogue, but I've tried all 4.

Avatar image for moonlighterstone
    Moonlighterstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozon said:

@cutter: Never thought of Wiccan either, but What If? Right? He's just like his mother.

Also, What If Xavier ever come back to life and find out Magneto's dead and he take his place? After what Xavier been through, Cyclops neglecting him as a leader, Illyana tried to kill him, His dream of mutant and human living in peace are all faded away, and now he will realize that Magneto was right about this? Cool idea if writers ever thought of this.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

I'm sure THIS can be done, but I don't know about the last image.

@shebba said:

I thought maybe Joseph. It's Magneto clone. If he's dead, then I'll stick with Exodus. If he's also dead, then I'll stick with Scarlet Witch. If she never gets to revive, then Polaris. If she doesn't take her father's place, then Magneto need to come back if he ever die. Seriously I will go with Joseph.

I thought so too. Either Joseph or Exodus.

Avatar image for uncanny_xfactor
    Uncanny_XFactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@frozon said:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

And wow, does this intrigue me. I'd love to see this.

Shebba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By RustyRoy

@teerack said:

There is only one....

No Caption Provided

Scott looks better than Magneto in that costume.

Hotshotters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

either rogue or polaris.

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozon said:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Interesting...I do like the idea and how good this story would be if Prof-X get to take his place. About the last image (sry) no...I can't imagine this being in the story...unless you put it just to show some art...lol.

@rustyroy said:

@teerack said:

There is only one....

No Caption Provided

Scott looks better than Magneto in that costume.

He does looks good in it, but the problem is...he will never follow Magneto's step. He will never put humans aside for mutants...in fact he will be in between (but more in favor to humans). Scott looks better than Magneto in that costume, but he will never perform like Magneto.

macyordie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was thinking Scarlet Witch as well.
    I'm not caught up with all the new mutants and character developments, though, so it's a very uneducated choice on my part.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.