Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13422 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Unofficial Legion discussion thread

Avatar image for earthsmightiest
    EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Discussion on all things relating to the new FX show. Please remember to include spoilers where appropriate.

Let me get the ball rolling:

1. What do you think so far?

2. Patrick Stewart said he may already bring his Proff X out of retirement to do the show. Thoughts?

3. Is Davids parasite the Shadow King?

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I bought the entire season on Google, but have not started watching it yet.

I don't know about Stewart appearing on the show. He would be great, but I kind of wanted to see them keep the show and the movies separate. I wouldn't mind seeing characters who are already established in the films recast on the show. They should be able to get away with that for a alternate reality.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Last night's episode was amazing. To answer your questions.

1. It's awesome

2. Doubtful. I doubt FX would pay for an actor this famous to come onto the show, they'd need to pay him a lot.

3. Probably.

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@mrmonster: Stewart still does voice work and television. It's not impossible for him to appear.

Super_ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i think its the shadow king.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

No Caption Provided

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By SaintWildcard

Legion is one of those rare things that lives up to the hype. BvS failed miserably, Logan missed the mark a bit, but this did not let me down. Easily my favorite CBTV show

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I wasn't expecting to like this show as much as I have been.

EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good news, Legion will be getting a second season.

http://www.newsarama.com/33599-legion-returning-for-second-season-but-not-for-a-while.html

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BullPR

@earthsmightiest: good news.

Great show.

@saintwildcard: I agree (with your three points).

EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chapter 6: Thoughts?

First mention of David's dad and him trying to hide David from the parasite. Don't know what was creepier sexy Lenny spliced with yellow eyed devildevil or Kerry being stalked by Divison 3 guy.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By adamTRMM

I didn't see 6, but the last 2 previous episodes finally gave what I've been looking for. That zero gravity iceberg quarters in the middle of astral desert, love this classic surrealism. I wasn't that thrilled with the first two episodes, they had elements of gold of course, but these were mere elements and the sloppy action in the end of the first issue made me extremely worried about it all. With all things considered, and how I perceive Legion to basically be the ultimate character of sorts, and that was long before the series was even announced, my expectations were, for better or worse, extremely overblown. I just couldn't help myself, I've been a big fan of mindfuck cinema since my first existential crisis back when I was 16 - Memento, Stay, Identity, The Jacket, Mulholland Drive, The Fountain, Vanilla Sky, (way before Inception and Shatter Island made it all a bigger deal) it was my bread and butter for a long period of time - now my two passions (comic books and MF cinema) are having a child that is simply perfect for that twisted existence (Legion). Like I said, it's just way too cathartic conceptwise to not be that hyped for me, which isn't good I know, but it's beyond reason already lolz

Damn I hope they won't disappoint. Though it's pretty obvious they may be having budget struggles as sets, scenes and character designs happen to be so... theatrical and complete? I also quite love this neonized minimalism they use to compensate for CGI shortage.

EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By EarthsMightiest

Looks like the parasites true identity is

Spoilers

The Shadow King!

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/tv/marvel/legion/spoilers-legion-finally-confirms-the-identity-of-the-devil-with-the-yellow-eyes-a149658

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder how Oliver knew everybody was being kept in an alternate reality.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah, the last episode was sweet. Finally some easter eggs in the mind games!

Revive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am loving the show so far. Would love to see Patrick Stewart in it as Xavier.

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Confirmation of the Shadow King!

By the way, I loved that whole sequence where it played out like a silent film. This show has so much style.

EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chapter 7. Thoughts?

IMO fantastic episode, we got to see Proff. X chair, David unleashed and the Shadow Kings showed its core malice, best comic villain on tv right now!

rahiem9123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love it far sucks its only eight episodes but im looking forward too season 2

rahiem9123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Finally caught up with it. Good show. I wish Shadowking was this fun in the comics. I'm happy they finally used 'Oh you pretty things' by Bowie in an X-Men property, though it was a cover.

ChomP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WTF really

Legion is one of those rare things that lives up to the hype. BvS failed miserably, Logan missed the mark a bit, but this did not let me down. Easily my favorite CBTV show

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

@chomp said:

WTF really

@saintwildcard said:

Not by much, but after all the hype and reviews I saw, I expected to leave the theater crying and thinking it was a 10 or 9. I left thinking it was an 8. It didn't have enough bonding between Logan and Laura

ChomP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

fair enough everyone has an opinion and is welcome to it, BUT the majority of the of people including comic fans, casual fans and movies critics alike, rate this movie highly. VERY highly. al above 90% but each to there own i guess

laughingbatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loving this show. Heard a review that the final episode of this season will display David as a world breaker. Eager to see how this comes about.

ChomP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#spoiler alert

Loving this show. Heard a review that the final episode of this season will display David as a world breaker. Eager to see how this comes about.

EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chapter 8 thoughts?

The Shadow King lost a battle but has started his first road trip to find Xavier.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2017/03/30/legion-noah-hawley-reveals-plans-for-season-2-professor-x-and-the-shadow-king

David caught in a Pokie ball!

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Maybe the pokie ball belongs to Mojo :o

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think that little orb was Division 3's thing. They mentioned "Project Equinox" and that was the last we heard of them. I'm thinking that was it.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By adamTRMM

Just finished it. David getting pokeballed was kinda strange. Mojo is an interesting guess. I do love this minimalist retro-futuristic entourage, their special effects are pretty bad though. But that complaint is directed right at the studio rather than creative team. I'm not sure about the final act, I thought it wasn't well performed and felt kind of messy. All in all, I can understand why they made these specific stylistic decisions, even though if that was a perfect world we would totally witness visuals like this involved as well:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

and stuff like this

Regardless, my main issue here it's they haven't delved into what makes David Legion, personifying and materializing inner aspects of the human psyche (schizophrenia? untamable imagination? subconscious desire to be someone else?), splitting the godlike yet fragile person and exploring existential repercussions of it. That's what makes Legion special for me at least. Right here it was basically all about Shadow King encompassing those aspects in ways it basically replaced all that makes Legion unique, while his personal issues became peripheral, which quite disappointing to me.

Anyway, am I the only one who didn't get what the idea of Benny/Lenny genderbending was all about?

igeptx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just finished and loved it. Can't wait to see where the show goes. Mojo? Bastion? I have no idea but I'm onboard.

EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's been awhile but it looks to be coming back this April!

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/01/05/legion-season-2-premiere-fx-april/

The wild and twisted world of Legion is on its way back to FX this season, but it's coming a little later than many fans would've hoped.

During the FX presentation at TCA 2018, Legion creator Noah Hawley, along with the stars of the Marvel-inspired series, took the stage to talk about the highly-anticipated second season. To start things off, the panel revealed that the next installment of Legion would be debuting on FX in April, though no firm premiere date was given.

This isn't much of a surprise, considering the fact that it's January and there has yet to be any solid news about the new season. Still, some might be slightly disappointed that the new episodes are coming in the spring. The first season premiered in February of last year.

Fans of the series, which is based on the X-Men character of the same name, have been anxiously awaiting the second season of Legion, following the cliffhanger ending of Season 1.

If you recall, the Season 1 finale ended with Oliver (Jemaine Clement) running off with Lenny (Aubrey Plaza), and David (Dan Stevens) being sucked into a floating orb.

Yes, that sounds absolutely insane, and that's exactly why we all love it so much.

Legion will return to FX this April.

Loading Video...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.