Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17249 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

What does Marvel editorial like seeing Peter get beat up alot

TrustNoOne22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

They must like how Peter can get his ass kicked by anyone, or killed on panel. I don't see the point, for a character as beloved as Peter, even to the point they have no shame in characters like Deadpool having stories where he is easily killed/beat up by him even they are leagues apart. But I blame deadpool fanboy wank, this happens all the time with Wolverine and characters like Hulk even when Spider-Man is not a threat.

Avatar image for christianrapper
    christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

he fights a lot better when he is in other books. he is almost unbeatable.

TrustNoOne22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Your joking right, hes almost always the first to go down in events.

Avatar image for christianrapper
    christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@christianrapper said:

Your joking right, hes almost always the first to go down in events.

no i am not. he seemed op as heck when he was in spiderman and the xmen. he was also pretty darn good in xmen vs the avengers. then there was the time he beat the xmen solo. let's not forget all the times that he has owned wolvie. the only decent showing for wolive was that graveyard scene. every other time he has pretty much owned him. spiderman doesn't take too many physical losses to me. he has all those parker luck losses. i mean every time things start looking great for him something happens so that it's taken away from him. peter's whole theme has been with great responsibility comes great power. that theme is still going on. ironman and batman get companies and they seem to run themselves. peter gets one and they show how being spiderman adversely affects the day to day operation of his company. things don't just magically run themselves. the big thing that bothers me is that his spider sense is not working as it usually does. deadpool should not have been able to kill him without it going off. he worked along side the leader of the zodiac without it going off. that should never happen.

Green_Tea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@christianrapper: OP doesn't seem to like Spider-Man at all judging from his other posts.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.