Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17263 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Do You Want Spider-Man 4 In 3-D?

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
    No Caption Provided
    3-D movies are become the current craze in today's movies.  Some people like them, others don't.  I do like them.  I love theaters that use digital projectors.  The movies that are coming out in 3-D help to showecase the crystal clarity of the movie.  The downside is the ticket prices cost more due to the further production needed to make the movie in 3-D.  There have been some movies that don't need the 3-D gimmick.  It's not necessary to have something pop in your face every few seconds.  Showing the depth and layers in a scene can help make the movie more enjoyable, almost as if you were actually part of the movie.

Sony Pictures Co-Chairmen, Amy Pascal and Michael Lynton recently spoke with Forbes and the topic of 3-D movies came up.  I think we can pretty much assume that all animated movies will most likely be in 3-D.  What about action movies?  Are you willing to pay more to see Spider-Man in 3-D.  Would you rather have the option to see it enhanced or normal?  Hopefully if more studios are doing movies in 3-D, the cost to make them will go down.  The rising cost of ticket prices already make it a hard decision.  Being forced to see a movie in 3-D at a slightly higher price could be the clincher in some cases.

Is 3-D just a gimmick or is it here to stay?
    The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By The_Martian

I think this is a horrible idea. I hate movies in 3-D

Kurrent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Kurrent

Nahh I think they should just keep it original

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By The_Martian

Just offer it as a special feature on the dvd.

the Vica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By the Vica

I haven't seen any of these recent movies in 3-D yet, but really I don't see the point anyway. Unless I can watch it in 3D at home on my DVD player, 3-D is just a gimmick to get the cinemas more money.

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By Darkchild

NO!

~The Wanderer~

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By ~The Wanderer~

Now I'm gonna disagree with the majority and say that I wouldn't mind a 3D Spidey movie...I like 3D movies a lot.

Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

Web shot coming straight in your face? no thanks

Avatar image for the_man_of_yesteryear
    The Man of Yesteryear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. I can't stand those sadistically uncomfortable 3D glasses.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By The_Martian
    The Man of Yesteryear said:
    "No. I can't stand those sadistically uncomfortable 3D glasses."
    They feel like the are cutting into the back of my ear.
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#10  Edited By gmanfromheck

It's not just about the gimmicky-point-something-in-your-face thing.  Like "Nightmare Before Christmas," I've seen that a couple times in 3-D and I love it.  The movie wasn't made to be in 3-D so you don't get that sorta stuff.  But you do get a richer sense of scenery.  It's cool seeing the different layers or levels in a scene.  I think the movie "Coraline" was available in 3-D and 2-D.  I'm think the 3-D was great in it.  I've also seen "Bolt" in 3-D (remember I have an almost-six-year-old daughter) and that didn't seem necessary.  They say that James Cameron's "Avatar" in 3-D is going to change things big time.

m_man360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By m_man360

I personally think people put to much faith in james cameron, sure terminator 2 was a big hit but it still didn't save his studio from closing down.
    I'm not hating on him or anything but you never know avatar could be the biggest flop of the decade.
    This will be bad, just remebering all the 3-d films that have been made..yuck. The script will have to be down graded i'm very disapointed with this, i was hoping for a spider-man film with some dialogue to make george lucas blush....but that ain't happening.

Nahero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12  Edited By Nahero

3D is ok for movies made by dreamworks but im not suggesting marvel or DC movies should be 3D nope not at all

RedK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13  Edited By RedK

3-D only works for animated movies and even then i hate when they pop out at you just to shows its in 3-D.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By King_Saturn
    Naw... they better leave Spider-Man 4 in a regular Theatrical Setting... 3-D looks tight for Cartoons... but live action films... Nah
    mattydeNero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By mattydeNero

If they wanted to do a 3-D Spidey, they should've done that for Doc Ock in Spidey 2.  Those tentacles would've looked even more sweet.

I think it's just a gimmick.  I have always thought that "space films" would be the best in 3-D. 

With a film of this nature, they'll go about shooting it like it's a ride at Universal Studios or something.  And that would take away from so much.  Bad idea, don't do it!

kittenpride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By kittenpride

yikes no.

Unless they want to me have another reason for throwing up if it's just as bad as Spidey 3.

superboy12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By superboy12

no and plus when ever i see a 3d movie it looks like nothing is differnt

Crazy Pan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By Crazy Pan

Oh please no >.<

Paragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By Paragon

It's just a gimmick. Example: Monsters Vs. Aliens. It was just put out to showcase Digital 3D by Sony. There's no evidence of a plot or character development (Except for maybe the girl. The guy characters were just there to tack on big names, and be the token guy characters). It's just Sony saying "Look how many pretty colours we can jam on screen and make fly at your face!" I would have felt no differently about the movie whether it was 3D or normal, and I that carries over to all movies for me.

GMPinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By GMPinks

Dude, Monsters Vs Aliens was amazing in 3D.  To see Spidey swinging and what not would be awesome@

rendellboy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By rendellboy94

its ok if its like marvel ultimate alliance cinematics but not like dreamworks or disney 3d yuck!

Nightwolf3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Nightwolf3

Def not a good idea, it'll be really gimmicky and i think end up more like 3 which sucked

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Media_Master

I think if you say no, than your closed minded on a new technology that has an overwhelming possiblility to change cinema.

Its only a matter of time until they get 3D right. Hopefully without glasses, but for now I think the glasses are fine.

Darth Balls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Darth Balls

Spiderman in 3d sounds like a desperate attempt for more money.there's no point anyways any movie ive seen in 3d isnt even 3d its a blurry screen w/or without the glasses

Joe Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Joe Venom

No thanks, plus if they did make the next Spiderman movie 3-D I think that Sam Raimi would have something to blame if the movie is bad.

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#26  Edited By Korg

I don't even want Spider-Man 4, let alone in half-assed 3D.

MrMiracle77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By MrMiracle77

Not now.  Currently even the best digital projectors and lenses can only produce a very simplified depth-of-field effect.  I saw Monsters vs Aliens 3D and was fairly impressed with it, but was able to immediately spot several flaws in the process.

The mind gages distance and creates a mental 3D picture from two effects.  The first is a stereoscopic effect, which is created by the overlap of two separate images separated by a small distance (the distance between your eyes, specifically).  When you look at an object up close, your eyes cross more.  When you look at something far away, they cross less.  Modern 3D movies do a good job of simulating this effect, but I found in MvsA that it wasn't much better than looking into one of those old Viewmaster disks.

And that's because of the second effect, which is a 'lens' effect.  Your eyes are lenses.  Look at something up close and they squeeze one way, look at something far away and they squeeze another way.  When you look at a close object, objects in the distance are out of focus.  Look at something far and objects that are close fall out of focus.  This effect cannot yet be simulated by a movie.  I noticed immediately in MvsA that when near and distant objects were shown in the same shot, they were both equally in focus.  The sheer detail in this depth of field eventually made me a little dizzy.  Ultimately its up to the simulated 'photographer' to pick a depth of field that is best for the individual shot.

So, no.  Not liking 3D very much right now.  Its a neat gimmick, but ultimately doesn't serve the needs of the story very much.

Avatar image for knightinbatmanarmor
    knightinbatmanarmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it should be optional, for all movies that they make three d. First of all, you don't have to watch them with the glasses like you had to, without a choice because the screen looked weird. Remember, when comics would be three d and you HAD to do it otherwise it just didn't look right. So, I think when you go to by the ticket, they ask if you want it in three d or not, and if you do, you pay for the ticket and the glasses. If you don't, then you're just paying for the movie and that's cool.

As for spidey in three d, I think it would be cool to see, but I'd rather not have to bother with it. I have a big head, and those glasses are always too small, so having to pay for them and not use them, would just ruin the movie.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#29  Edited By Erik

Why not. It cannot be worse than Spider-Man 3. 

Meteorite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 4

#30  Edited By Meteorite

They should have it screening at some cinemas in 3d, some normally.

Skellex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Skellex

Frankly - I don't think they should have made any Spider-Man movie.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By NightFang3

IF its good yeah but if not then no.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.