YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Plot/Storyline

Icarusflies

"Okay, let's face it...no one watches a James Bond film for the plot. I used to watch James Bond films ALL THE TIME on demand (until they stopped being available for whatever reason), and I can’t remember a single plot for any of them. But whatever…the basic gist of Skyfall is that James Bond is getting older, he’s maybe not as skilled as he used to be, but he still needs to save Mi6 from a rogue agent. Pretty standard stuff. What really makes this film interesting (as opposed to Quantum of Solace say…wasn’t that about aqueducts or something, I don’t even remember), are all the little details that make the Bond franchise fun. The ridiculous fights, the gizmos, the banter, THAT’S what makes a James Bond film. And Skyfall had it in spades.

1. Komodo dragon fight. This should be self explanatory. And awesome.

2. RETURN OF THE EJECTOR SEAT CAR!!! Best part of the movie, I almost cried

3. PLENTY of banter. With M, with Q, with the villain, just innuendo laced dialogue all around. So much fun."

"Skyfall may not have the best plot, or an excellent plot in that matter, but it sure has a lot of explosions and action! Throughout the movie, the action will captivate you and pull you in, and there are a lot of shocking surprises. It's also extremely funny at times, and the battle sequence at the end is top-notch. The conflict with James Bond, M, and Silva really pulls off throughout the movie, and I enjoyed it a lot.

Plot/Storyline gets a....

Casting

Icarusflies

"Daniel Craig is a good Bond, M is pretty much perfect, all the other casting is great too. I don’t really have much to say here, but I had no complaints."

"The Casting is good as ever, no major improvements per say, but no cons either. I'd say they did a good job, and nothing was done wrong. Everyone played their parts perfectly (especially Q), and made it believable."

Casting gets a...

Character Development

Icarusflies

"No one changed in the slightest, and it was great. You can argue with me on this one, but everyone was almost identical to how they started off in the movie.

Actually, I take that back. The villain’s hair went through major character development, which I appreciate because it made it look less anime."

"All the characters were developed very well, especially James Bond, M, and Silva. However, the chick James Bond saved with the drink on her head, but was then killed by Silva (forgot her name) didn't develop enough for us to really care for her death. Oh, and did I mention James Bond randomly has sex with 2 women in this movie? Yeah. Not a surprise."

Character Development gets a...

Special Effects

Icarusflies

"Special effects were GORGEOUS. Firstly, any CGI they used was discrete…nothing glaringly fake. But the REAL magic was in the scenery…panoramic views of Scotland and Shanghai…I don’t know how much was real or not, but it was breathtaking. And it was used to incredible effect. The scene where Shanghai’s flashing lights reflect off glass windows in the warehouse where James Bond stalks his target…just incredible. And, of course, there’s the opening sequence/song that is quintessential for all James Bond movies. This one is particularly pretty.

The only real complain I have here was with the villain’s hair. I do not understand how it worked. I kept waiting for his wig to fall off. Hair just doesn't work that way, I don’t get it."

"The special effects in this particular James Bond movie was perhaps the best by far. Like Icarusflies stated, the warehouse with the glass and Shanghai's lights reflecting on it was an excellently crafted visual delight. Explosions are as fiery as ever, and the sceneries are marvelous, particularly Shanghai's vivid, and lively city, and the ending scene in Skyfall, where James, M, and James' adopter with a shotgun (forgot his name) make their last stand. The tundra-like environment really brings up the atmosphere of the ending, and the action sequences are even better."

Special Effects gets a...

Lasting Appeal

Icarusflies

"It might not be Goldfinger or The Spy Who Loved Me, but this was a really enjoyable film. It wasn't as topical as Quantum of Solace (I STILL don’t know what the deal with that was), it wasn't as corny as Moonraker (Though Moonraker is great), but it was a fun movie that won’t be made obsolete any time soon."

"While Skyfall isn't the best James Bond movie in terms of plot, it certainly ranks high in action, comedy, and special effects. I'm confident this movie will leave an impact in the film industry regardless of its' status compared to the other James Bond movies, since all James Bond movies are recognized because of their special qualities. However, I think this one will be tough to beat in Lasting Appeal, since Skyfall introduces the death of a major character (no spoilers!!!)."

Lasting Appeal gets a...

The Verdict

Icarusflies

"A worthy part of the James Bond canon, this movie’s fun for die-hard (another day) fans, or those who only recently got into the franchise. Definitely go see it. And bring your mom, all moms love Daniel Craig."

"I actually enjoyed this film a lot. Sure it's not the best movie of the century, decade, or even year, it's still tons of fun and has a decent plot on top of it, coupled with great special effects, memorable performances, and the death of a major character."

The Verdict is...

"GREAT FILM"

Have any comments, movie review suggestions, or constructive critique? Post something below and let us know, or PM us.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

Great review! I agree that Q was particularly good though I thought that Silva was the best, he was awesome.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guttridgeb said:

Great review! I agree that Q was particularly good though I thought that Silva was the best, he was awesome.

The way he reacted to getting stabbed in the back was hilarious.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

@guttridgeb said:

Probably the best part of the film IMO :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guttridgeb said:

@guttridgeb said:

Other funny parts was the homosexual jokes when he tied up James Bond. That was hilarious.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guttridgeb said:

@guttridgeb said:

Other funny parts was the homosexual jokes when he tied up James Bond. That was hilarious.

There was also the mouth thing which wasn't exactly pleasant but really well done.

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

@guttridgeb said:

It was the irony of it that I really liked. I also think that Craig did better on this film than on the past ones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guttridgeb said:

@guttridgeb said:

@guttridgeb said:

There was also the mouth thing which wasn't exactly pleasant but really well done.

Yeah. The cyanide pill really messed him up.

@DarkKnightDetective said:

@guttridgeb said:

It was the irony of it that I really liked. I also think that Craig did better on this film than on the past ones

He did. His role had more room to breathe in.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#9  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Well, it appears I've been cheated on! :P

Good review. The cinematography in Skyfall was so good.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Xanni15

Nice review. :]

Personally I found Skyfall to be lacking, the worst of the three Craig movies. The pace of the movie was too fast, and having Bond go missing seemed out of place (and a waste of time).

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By laflux

@k4tzm4n said:

Well, it appears I've been cheated on! :P

Good review. The cinematography in Skyfall was so good.

lol, whose gonna be your rebound?

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek:

Great review BTW.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@laflux:

/goes on craigslist to find a new co-reviewer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n:

Haha, yeah sorry about that. I had already planned this review with Icarusflies. xD

Although this movie has caught my attention, and I would like to go see it. We could do a review on it.

It doesn't get released until early 2013, but it looks awesome.

@laflux: Thank you, thank you!

@Xanni15 said:

Personally I found Skyfall to be lacking, the worst of the three Craig movies. The pace of the movie was too fast, and having Bond go missing seemed out of place (and a waste of time).

It was a bit misplaced, but I think they were trying to put in the factor that Bond wasn't the best anymore, and his injuries were going to slow him down. I thought the bullets in him and that factor would play throughout the entire movie, slowing him down and making the tension rise more, as well as his arch-enemy (the one he was fighting on the train) to be the one he kills at the end of the movie with flashbacks of him losing to him from the beginning of the movie. Alas, I was wrong, and the bullets were abruptly cut from the story by him cutting into his flesh with a knife and his arch-enemy being one of the first to die.

Still, a great James Bond film nevertheless.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Xanni15

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: Yeah, it was still a good movie. Honestly at the end I thought it would have been better to end with M's death and have Bond use that as motivation to go after the villain (who would escape) as opposed to just starting over with the new director. And agreed, tghe bullets should have stayed in, made him weaker and would have had to work harder.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By entropy_aegis

@Xanni15 said:

This is I agree with,but it's still my second favorite movie of 2012.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Xanni15

@entropy_aegis said:

@Xanni15 said:

Just out of curiosity, what is your first? :]

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By YoungJustice

I liked Skyfall, but they could have done much more with Silva, it ended up just being a simple revenge motive.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By entropy_aegis

@Xanni15 said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@Xanni15 said:

Just out of curiosity, what is your first? :]

TDKR.

GodOfMischief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#19  Edited By GodOfMischief

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: Good review, I loved the fact they referenced the books,*minor spoilers* by finally including parents. I've always wanted them to include that side of him in the films.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@YoungJustice said:

I liked Skyfall, but they could have done much more with Silva, it ended up just being a simple revenge motive.

Well, he had a rather good reason for wanting revenge ;)

Regardless, Javier Bardem was amazing.

JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By JamesKM716

I loved the Theme of the movie, with getting old.

I thought the plot was great, character development, i thought was fairly good. But we don't quite see the full ramifications of it.