What should be the legal punishment for young children who coldly torture and murder toddlers?

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

What should be the legal punishment for young children who coldly torture and murder toddlers?

I'm talking specifically about the case of Robert Thompson and Jon Venables. During my Health Psychology class, The case of Thompson and Venables was bought up. Two 11 year old boys back in 1993 kidnapped a two year old boy named James Bugler from his mother. After taking him to a secluded place, they would then proceed to strip him down, throw paint at him, brutally beat him (42 times) to the point that he dies and placing him at a train rail, hoping to cover their tracks, which leads to a train tearing his body apart.

Honestly, considering Venables' actions as of recent years, I honestly they would have rot in jail for the rest of their lives.

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

No Xbox for a week

BBIronman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Knife slowly stabs right through the heart.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fa3a24bab170
deactivated-5fa3a24bab170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cut his damn PENIS OFF

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Those aren't children, they're spawns of Satan... So send them back to hell where they belong

Rustlingjimmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

im more concerned at how these children weren't being watched. How the hell did they get away with kidnapping a baby? If two 11 year olds are able to kidnapp a baby that says more about the parents of those 11 year olds than the 11 year olds themselves.

_Logos_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

im more concerned at how these children weren't being watched. How the hell did they get away with kidnapping a baby?.

Because no one suspects two 11 year olds with a baby to be kidnapping that baby let alone planning on torturing and killing it. It's just very rare for that kind of thing to happen. Usually you think the kids are with their baby brother or something.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@rustlingjimmy: This happened in 1993. Believe it or not... once upon a time... especially in small towns... 11 year olds were considered responsible enough to go outside and do things on their own...

Temporary_Chad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Psalm 58:3

These wicked people are born evil; even from birth they have lied and gone their own way.

Deuteronomy 21:18-21 King James Version (KJV)

18 If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them:

19 Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place;

20 And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard.

21 And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.

I am not tough enough to do what is required above so I am going to lock them up and hire up some psychologists to re-educate them...

Temporary_Chad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Temporary_Chad

By the way, I don’t know what to say. Based on today standard, which is disgusting, they have to be spared because they are just kids, but if we time travel back about hundred of years ago, during the period of James Cook or Someone similar to this guy, boys as young as 15 were allowed to be a cabin who would sail across the Ocean or perhaps even the entire planet sometime. The rules on the ships are simple... Death penalty to the disobedient. We can execute kids as young as 14 or 15 at that time and no one would give a shit because they were considered adults...

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By FaradaySloth

Execute them and burn their corpses, as with anyone who would torture and murder a toddler.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By dshipp17

They should be confined to some sort of a mental health treatment program where they are separated from one another, if the case were still relevant.

But, in these cases, mental health and away from that family structure. Around that age, many children have deviate type of thoughts of all sorts; doesn't always involve younger children; I can reflect back and remember a hand full of incidents myself; they're rely like flash and impulsive type of thoughts that come and go every so often; they don't happen now. It basically took continued discipline and closer attention, and Christianity, of course.

catlike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17: I agree with u on everything except the Christianity part. I don't want to make this into an argument for my sake (just because... I don't feel like it) or deter the purpose of this thread. Religion might help, but I don't see why it should exclusively be Christianity that help troubled boys. Obviously it wouldn't be islam, but it doesn't mean Christianity is the only option.

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No desert for two nights

mimisalome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Re-categorize these entities as bundles of self-sustaining post-embryonic cells and perform a post-term abortion.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By dshipp17

@catlike:

“Religion might help, but I don't see why it should exclusively be Christianity that help troubled boys.”

Why do you feel the need to object to Christianity to be the exclusive religion? Why do you think I suggest Christianity? I also said experience, but analysis was part of my comment or suggestion, as well. I'm not trying to start a religious argument, either, but, through my experience, I know that Christianity does a body good. One difference is likely our different levels of experience with Christianity and how God has blessed me, which includes interacting with me or my circumstances, when needed; where you parents Christians? Based on my experience, Christianity would be of very strong help in this matter to the exclusion of anything else.

I also know that there is another force that seemingly does supernatural wonders, through the use of religions, as one big means, but it is solely for one's deception in order to lead to their destruction.

But, sometimes, you also would need to proactively manage a situation and seek out available medical treatment; in this case, mental help and child protective services, as I think there was likely something off about the environment for which they were living or something between that and their school life; it's something that required a change of scenery for them; while it might not have been their home environment, it surely was something somewhere where they were being allowed to bask within; thus, a complete change of scenery would do justice, along with mental health, and along with Christianity.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f08ae8f4ed63
deactivated-5f08ae8f4ed63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Electric Chair After 20-30 Years of Sentence

But since Jails can't receive members of this age, just execute them

JaylinFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don’t agree with capital punishment, so lock them up and get them some help.

MoneyyJunee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Grounded for the rest of their life

thebeyonder1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This seems beyond evil and I don't even think therapy would help kids like these. I suggest life imprisonment for about 20 years then electric chair. Killing them outright may seem inhumane I suppose tho I feel its the right thing to do in the back of my head.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebeyonder1: so u think torturing them is humane, better wish is to give them a painless death

thebeyonder1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkocean: after thinking about it your probably right a swift death might be for the best. I honestly can’t see kids like these growing up normal without psychopathic tendencies.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebeyonder1: np, what we need is proper education and a good parenthood who can show these kids what is right and what is wrong

I guess this would be a problem for people who have both sides doing jobs either take your kids with you or put a guardian who they can trust

These kids who have turned in psychopath killers have such a weak will for humanity parents, this doesn't come all the sudden, parent should've been more responsible and should've alerted by kids illregular behaviors

But now we can't keep them in this world they have to go best is they painlessly die

JohnnyZ256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It doesn't have to be a toddler. Any murder (except in some passion killings, which, I think, are generally considered manslaughter) should bring with it the death penalty. Of course, guilt has to be established for absolute certain.