X-Men or The Boys: More realistic reaction to selected humans having superhuman abilities from birth?

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll X-Men or The Boys: More realistic reaction to selected humans having superhuman abilities from birth? (16 votes)

X-Men 56%
The Boys 44%

While mutants are despised by general public, Supers in The Boys are beloved and even worshipped to a point. Which do you think is more likely reaction if something like that were to happen in real world?

Ignore that other super-powered being exist in Marvel who aren't hated and the entire Compound V shit.

• 
jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think it would be one way. Super humans would be loved and feared and I could see a public divide on that. But I also think it has a lot to do with the way super humans are promoted in the Boys. Like super humans in the Boys are promoted with a certain image by Vought whereas the X-men are not.

I think if there were a huge terrorist attack involving super humans most people would grow to hate them more.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Boys. In the short run there'd probably be fear and panic, but once society became used to them they'd be turned into celebrities.

Avatar image for deactivated-64456b84cf5e8
deactivated-64456b84cf5e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

I don't think it would be one way. Super humans would be loved and feared and I could see a public divide on that. But I also think it has a lot to do with the way super humans are promoted in the Boys. Like super humans in the Boys are promoted with a certain image by Vought whereas the X-men are not.

I think if there were a huge terrorist attack involving super humans most people would grow to hate them more.

^

Different people would be having contradictory opinions. Somewhat like caste differences where one is worshiped and at same time they were discriminated. X-Men were hated and feared whereas the supes in Boys are treated as gods. Mixed opinions.

Tomkatie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There’d definitely be a huge public divide. The supers in The Boys had the advantage of a huge business empire backing them and spouting positive advertisement and propaganda, which is probably why the public loves them so much. I also doubt they’d be hated to such an extreme like they are in X-Men tho

Avatar image for deactivated-5f5be9e305ddd
deactivated-5f5be9e305ddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X-men

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By killbilly  Moderator

I don't think either depiction is more realistic than the other. As jashro pointed out, a big reason why supes are viewed the way they are in "The Boys" is because Vought has manufactured the public's perception of them. Mutants have no such luck in that regard. I.E. both are realistic given their context and background.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

It would be more divisive.

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

X-men

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 cocacolaman  Moderator

There's no one right answer. You could make an argument for just about any way, but between the 7,000,000,000 people on Earth, we are going to split in such ways that some of us are too smart to comprehend, or too stupid to think of, and there's never going to be any two people with the exact same beliefs on the subject outside of maybe parents and kids.

If I had to choose the most likely way, WW3.

Avatar image for deactivated-60758db60e021
deactivated-60758db60e021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I don't think its a fair comparison, because the Seven are like shiny superhumans with cool comic book powers, whilst mutants are often visually grotesque and intimidating.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 death4bunnies  Moderator

I don't think its a fair comparison, because the Seven are like shiny superhumans with cool comic book powers, whilst mutants are often visually grotesque and intimidating.

Was just about to say just this.

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Somewhere in between