Why is The Avengers movie viewed as such a great movie ?

Magneto300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Magneto300

I have seen the Avengers movie 3 times now and I honestly consider it as an alright movie. I did enjoy it and I would probably give it a 6.5-7/10 rating. However I don`t seem to get why many people consider it one of the best comic book movie of all-time. I personally do not consider it the best MCU movie or even the best Phase 1 movie (I preferred Iron Man, Captain America: First Avenger and Thor way more). The plot was mediocre, the movie seemed rushed at times and the fighting scenes were ok at best. The only thing that i thought standed out was the character development and how they were able to make everyone relevant. But other than that i consider this movie overrated, so I wanted to ask why do you guys think this movie is so good

Please keep in mind I`m not bashing you if you loved it or looking to argue. I`m just curious to know why do people love it so much.

ThanosPimphand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was 5/10 just-alright movie

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By tparks

At the time, it was a pretty big deal getting Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, and Cap on the big screen together. Besides Hulk, pretty much all of these characters were almost unknown to non-comic readers. Then out of nowhere, they're the biggest hit in the world, and it's just as exciting for the world, as it is for us when these characters crossover in the comics.

In retrospect, the reviews probably wouldn't have been perfect scores, but you have to remember that this movie was the first of it's kind, and a really really really big deal, and not even just to comic nerds. People who had never even read a comic were just as excited for this new experiment in a shared universe movie.

There was a huge buildup for these movies too. They were teased and teased and teased, building up a massive amount of excitement, that the movie did a good job paying off on. Remember, no other movie did this before. The teaser stuff they did in previous movies to build up to Avengers may be normal for movies now, but it was literally revolutionary back then.

Also, it was a pretty awesome movie. It wasn't ever meant to be a masterpiece, but just a fun experience, and I think it nails that better then any other MCU movie so far besides GotG and maybe Ant-Man. That being said, I don't think any other MCU movies were going for pure fun as much as the first Avengers movie was, so that's understandable.

So ya, hype had a lot to do with the reviews, but the perfection in the hype and excitement this movie generated, which was pretty much it's sole purpose, was flawless. You can't treat this movie like it's Casablanca, because it's not meant to be, but what it is meant to be is dang near perfect In exocution.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Meh..... It is what it is. A billion dollar movie that pulled the MCU together.... Personally I much rather watch Amelie again than the Avengers.

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

It was just good.

SoggyPubes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Massive payoff from all the solos, first major team up on live action, it was actually a quality movie, and it established the MCU as the ideal CBM universe.

MBCB2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@magneto300: because its the first movie that created the concept of crossover in the superhero genre

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cuz, jokes.

Seriously though, the movie is the definition of mediocre and is so lackluster. 6/10

DevilFruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was awesome. 10/10

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because it was a great team ensemble

Killermovies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because it's the first time the Avengers appeared on the big screen.

I personally give it a 7.5-8/10

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It had a great script, really well-choreographed action and awesome special effects due to its super super high budget.

Shepard-Croft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Shepard-Croft

Because it assembled a bunch of big heroes in one film, annnnnd basically established the MCU.

People can say what they want about The Avengers, but it's a great film when you put all bullshit aside.

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Because of all the solo movies, then the payoff movie with them all coming together for the first time. In short, it was because of the Spectacle.

The movie itself is just good, but good's about it.

Avatar image for manmadeofketchup
ManMadeOfKetchup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A majority of its success was because it was the first time there was a successful teamup film of superheroes. All it did was break a boundary in the comic book film success..Past that it was decent for a film

DaDivineKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's no better than your typical Michael Bay flick.

RoboShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It was a game changer, never had anyone seen so many characters juggled so well on-screen.

DevilFruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Deronn_Solo:

Come on, bruh. This ain't the DCCU.

Avengers was a game changer. Sitting around trying to tear down Marvel won't make the DCCU get any better.

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

As time goes by its weaknesses become more and more visible but it's decent family popcorn entertainment.

Meh..... It is what it is. A billion dollar movie that pulled the MCU together.... Personally I much rather watch Amelie again than the Avengers.

Oh that's just because it's a ridiculously better movie. :P

Soaring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Massive payoff from all the solos, first major team up on live action, it was actually a quality movie, and it established the MCU as the ideal CBM universe.

^^This

Rainshadow777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate to say it, but I tend to agree with this.

I just don't get why it's so popular, but maybe I'm coming at it from the wrong angle. The movie is clearly pitched at the corny end of teenage boy entertainment, and that doesn't really light my fire as a genre.

Just why a bunch of little known Marvel characters had such resonance with the ticket buying public is anyone's guess and shows what the hell I know about anything.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 the_stegman  Moderator

To me, what it accomplished is better than the movie itself.

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

This, it's third act felt outright ripped from T1, just with the action being kinda better.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a really fun movie. That's the best thing I could say about it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a0c8d423f980
deactivated-5a0c8d423f980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can feel heat radiating from the screen lol

Yeah most people don't like it now ... So what? It was w big deal at the time and the luster wore off. If yout hink your tastes are so much better and the people who like it are mistaken then that's your thing

I don't understand why we need yet another thread dragging this movie down... Its a hell of a lot better than BVS and Suicide Squad

But thats just the thing if a movie is disliked people feel special by saying they liked it no matter what (SS, BVS, MOS, Iron man 2, Thor TDW) and like dragging down good movies ( TDKR, Avengers, Cap 3, Batman)

You'll never convince someone to change their mind thats something they have to do themselves

DevilFruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can feel heat radiating from the screen lol

Yeah most people don't like it now ... So what? It was w big deal at the time and the luster wore off. If yout hink your tastes are so much better and the people who like it are mistaken then that's your thing

I don't understand why we need yet another thread dragging this movie down... Its a hell of a lot better than BVS and Suicide Squad

But thats just the thing if a movie is disliked people feel special by saying they liked it no matter what (SS, BVS, MOS, Iron man 2, Thor TDW) and like dragging down good movies ( TDKR, Avengers, Cap 3, Batman)

You'll never convince someone to change their mind thats something they have to do themselves

that's the whole point. salt.

DaDivineKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DevilFruit: Umm....where I mentioned the DCEU in my post, like, at all?

Being critical of a Marvel film, doesn't auto make me a DC fanboy, or vise-versa.

P.S. I don't find Bay's film's to be ALL that bad; they are solid for what they are: entertaining, popcorn films. Nothing more, nothing less.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

As time goes by its weaknesses become more and more visible but it's decent family popcorn entertainment.

@judasnixon said:

Oh that's just because it's a ridiculously better movie. :P

No Caption Provided

DevilFruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deronn_solo:

At the end of the day it's still mostly being motivated by haters. 90% of it IS from butthurt fanboys jealous of Marvels success. the 10% percent who genuinely want to discuss problems of Avengers just gets lumped in with the haters by default.

people hate whats on top. that's why REAL bombs and flops hardly ever get discussed. But with Marvel people try to hate like the movies just came out. You know it's bad when people try to tear down 3 to 5 year old movies.

No Caption Provided

UltimatePower6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#31  Edited By UltimatePower6

@tparks: Maybe the first of it's kind for comic book movies, but they had the different franchise team up movies back in the 30s and 40s with the Universal Monsters

cfrehse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because it was good. Fans and critics agree. CLEARLY

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was the payoff/climax of the solo movies that came before it, it wrapped up MARVEL Studios phase 1 with a very nice bow. It was an ensemble cast with great character interactions/chemistry, a great Villain, an amazing finale and kicked the door down for comicbook movie world-building & for superheroes to exist in the same universe. These are all the reasons why I believe it's great.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Petey_is_Spidey

@devilfruit said:

@Deronn_Solo:

Come on, bruh. This ain't the DCCU.

Avengers was a game changer. Sitting around trying to tear down Marvel won't make the DCCU get any better.

Lol, how in the world did you get that from this????

Defensive much???

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

It was the first movie that brought characters from 4 other movies, together. It was fun. It was definitely better than AoU. I liked it.

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was a great fun in the cinemas and it was worth all they money. However, I think that the fun kind of hid all its flaws and whatnot. It was something new as well, so that's why people liked it that much.