Why are people calling killmonger a hero?

Dmnb2wavy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Dmnb2wavy

Honestly I wonder if people actually watched the film. If you actually think kill monger is the hero of black panther your either ignorant or racist simple as that. What kill monger wanted to do is kill innocent people and kids and yet some people wanted him to complete that goal like wtf? Do people not realize what they are saying is dumb? Plus why is kill monger even mad at white people. They have nothing to do with what happened 100 years ago

Wot_m8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Wot_m8

Anti-Hero in the start of his journey.. His motives were good and he had the right points. Wakanda could save billions of people yet chose not to.

In his quest, however, he became the very thing he was trying to fight against.

Green_Tea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People really gotta learn what anti hero means

Wot_m8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@green_tea: Fixed ?. Kinda forgot to add that one part.

Dmnb2wavy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Dmnb2wavy

@wot_m8 said:

“Anti-Hero in the start of his journey”..

how was he the anti hero in the start of his journey? Dude killed his girlfriend and didn’t even care and that was his first appearance

“His motives were good and he had the right points.”

You do realize what he wanted was to kill innocent white people and kids? I fail to see how that is having a good motive and he did have some right points I’ll give you that but that does not make him a hero. This is like calling ledger joker a hero bc he had some good points

“Wakanda could save billions of people yet chose not to.”

this does not make him a hero. either way what happened 100 years ago has nothing to do with kill so I don’t even know why is he angry with white people.

“In his quest, however, he became the very thing he was trying to fight against.”

Racist? He was always racist from the start.

Wot_m8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dmnb2wavy: By start of his journey... I meant before the movie... whenever he decided that he would get Wakanda to help the oppressed.

I wasm't talking about killing kids part... that is what he became, an evil. I was talking about his intention of saving oppressed people. But in his way, he became a power hungry oppressor himself.

Dmnb2wavy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Dmnb2wavy

@wot_m8 said:

@dmnb2wavy: “By start of his journey... I meant before the movie...”

this part does not make sense. Not everyone is born evil so I don’t see how this is a point.

and by this logic ledger joker is a anti hero.

“whenever he decided that he would get Wakanda to help the oppressed.”

which again makes zero sense and is still evil mind you he always wanted to kill the innocent white people. And really black people nowadays are not oppressed to the point we are going to wage war his plan made zero sense.

“I wasm't talking about killing kids part..”

but that has to do with everything I’m talking about.

. “that is what he became, an evil. I was talking about his intention of saving oppressed people. But in his way, he became a power hungry oppressor himself.”

like who? Who is oppressed? Bc I can certainly tell you black people are not that oppressed.

So that makes him a hero? That makes zero sense.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Nah, he's a straight up villain.

Dmnb2wavy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Dmnb2wavy

@the_agent_of_chaos said:

Anti hero but then he is a straight up villain

how was he a anti hero?

Like Nolanverse joker or Nolanverse scarecrow

and how was joker a anti hero

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've seen a few people use the term Anti-Villain, which would probably fit him(Some amount of noble intentions, code of honor I think is anti-villain)

Dmnb2wavy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Dmnb2wavy

@dmnb2wavy: Nolan joker burned the money and eliminated villains from the city , the boss guys and their goons.

and this makes him a anti hero? Yeah no he is still a villain doing good does not make you a anti hero. Joker did not care about anyone or anything

At start he was anti hero because he was only aganist t Challa for that reason.

what reason? And no he was always a villain he killed his girlfriend without a second thought

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

He's basically Zod, he's a villain just not pure evil.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 anthp2000  Moderator

I think he's definitely a villain by the third act. Up to that point he was more of an anti-hero.

Dmnb2wavy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dmnb2wavy: He was an anti-hero when he only wanted to kill claw but yes he is a villain.

ok Whatever let’s not forget he murderd his girlfriend in his first appearence.

Anyways Nolanjoker went aganist criminals and never hit good guys except in the second act , so at start he was semi-good.

That’s bc he was trying to get money and power if I remember correctly. He had no good intensions with killing them

Avatar image for deactivated-5ed476aa4e89a
deactivated-5ed476aa4e89a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's basically Zod, he's a villain just not pure evil.

That's a good way to look at it.

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Richubs

Zod is literally a moron and so is Killmonger honestly for thinking he can take on the world military when they couldn't even take the Outrider army without pissing their pants.

Their long range weapons are garbage and numbers don't favour them. They try to attack the world and SHIELD alone literally would've taken him down. Idk what Killmonger's strategy was.

And Killmonger was an evil POS who doesn't deserve to be sympathised with. Yes, his father got killed and that was very wrong. But to attack the whole world because Wakanda betrayed him is just pure evil.

The only think Killmonger was right about is that Wakanda should've been there for the world but wasn't.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ea0874809400
deactivated-5ea0874809400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@richubs:

Killmongers plan wasn’t an all out war. He was going to weaponize agents he had in different countries and bring them down from the interior.

It seemed Wakanda was just equipped for defense. Really no way of any of the worlds armies can get though the field.

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crater_maker:

Even that is very extreme and not justified at all.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By MetalJimmor

money but also clean the guys

“It’s not about money , irs about sending a message” so Joker anti-hero before second act is still plausible.

Joker is absolutely not an anti-hero. He isn't even an anti-villain. He was a villain with an extremely clear cut villainous ideology that all people are inherently cruel, selfish monsters just like himself and that the platitudes of society will come crashing down with only the slightest provocations. He didn't care about protecting innocent people or stopping crime. All he cared about with bringing about total anarchy so he could reveal the ugly truth about humanity he thought only he could see.

Nothing about that is heroic in the slightest.

Similarly I find it hard to say Killmonger is anything but a villain. He might seem to have noble goals on the face of it but he really doesn't. His plan to save the oppressed is to flip the script and instate his own race as the master race of the Earth through violent revolution. He also doesn't have a code of honor. He exploited Wakanda's code of honor to usurp their rule and further his plans, but he never actually cared about proving his honor in single combat.

Killmonger and Zod are fairly comparable, I think. They are the heroes from their perspective, but that doesn't necessarily make them anti-heroes or even anti-villains. They were working within the interests of their own race/people with a complete lack of concern of anyone outside that grouping. It is a form of selfishness to only care about your own race to the detriment of others.

If you must assign them an "anti" label then anti-villain is really the only classification that makes sense. Except Joker who is probably the most picture perfect example of a straight villain you can get.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don’t know, because he’s not

LeonardoTMNT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

money but also clean the guys

“It’s not about money , irs about sending a message” so Joker anti-hero before second act is still plausible.

Joker is absolutely not an anti-hero. He isn't even an anti-villain. He was a villain with an extremely clear cut villainous ideology that all people are inherently cruel, selfish monsters just like himself and that the platitudes of society will come crashing down with only the slightest provocations. He didn't care about protecting innocent people or stopping crime. All he cared about with bringing about total anarchy so he could reveal the ugly truth about humanity he thought only he could see.

Nothing about that is heroic in the slightest.

Similarly I find it hard to say Killmonger is anything but a villain. He might seem to have noble goals on the face of it but he really doesn't. His plan to save the oppressed is to flip the script and instate his own race as the master race of the Earth through violent revolution. He also doesn't have a code of honor. He exploited Wakanda's code of honor to usurp their rule and further his plans, but he never actually cared about proving his honor in single combat.

Killmonger and Zod are fairly comparable, I think. They are the heroes from their perspective, but that doesn't necessarily make them anti-heroes or even anti-villains. They were working within the interests of their own race/people with a complete lack of concern of anyone outside that grouping. It is a form of selfishness to only care about your own race to the detriment of others.

If you must assign them an "anti" label then anti-villain is really the only classification that makes sense. Except Joker who is probably the most picture perfect example of a straight villain you can get.

Well put

thatduderox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's a clear cut villain. But the reason so many people gravitate towards Killmonger was because his beliefs were based on reality. I haven't seen anyone who believes in his methods, but I have seen people who understand his frustration and where he was coming from. He was totally wrong in his approach, but one of the themes of Black Panther was that he was also right about some things, Wakanda's isolationist ways for example, and T'Challa recognized that, and started using his resources to help black communities in the states. He's a lot like Magneto where he's an extremist with good points, so people can see where he's coming from.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

He's a clear cut villain. But the reason so many people gravitate towards Killmonger was because his beliefs were based on reality. I haven't seen anyone who believes in his methods, but I have seen people who understand his frustration and where he was coming from. He was totally wrong in his approach, but one of the themes of Black Panther was that he was also right about some things, Wakanda's isolationist ways for example, and T'Challa recognized that, and started using his resources to help black communities in the states. He's a lot like Magneto where he's an extremist with good points, so people can see where he's coming from.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Plus why is kill monger even mad at white people. They have nothing to do with what happened 100 years ago

Yes, that's exactly when all facets of racism, oppression, and inequality ended -- 1919. Anything after that is surely needless and unwarranted frustration.

Anyway, I haven't seen anyone refer to Killmonger as a hero. But perhaps you downplay how easy it is for some to identify with him. Could be a cultural difference.

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crater_maker:

The world armies can actually casually get in by digging under the shield and making a tunnel.

Once an agent is in they can bring down Wakanda if wanted.

DreadBringer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Exactly. I never saw Killmonger as a hero at all. It's clear when I watched the film I realized on how brutal he is by being a complete violent jerk to everyone, no exception, by killing Wakandans like Zuri and burning all the Heart-Shaped Herb for selfish reasons (to make sure no one can replace him as a king, some hero he is...). His main motivation is also to take over the world, but not for him himself but for all (Wakandan) black people.

People really gotta learn what anti hero means

Yeah truly....people put anti-hero in the same league as villains because 'anti' being opposite thinking it means the opposite of hero - villain.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@richubs: I mean, what rational person wouldn't freak out seeing six legged space dogs willing to commit suicide just to kill you?

That's not even comparable to the state of mind you'd be in facing human opponents.

But, I'm sure as long as you have weapons made of a space metal you'd be totally cool. (Sarcasam)

Avatar image for deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1
deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He was a villain. Not a hero at all. He was a cold blooded killer angry at the wrong people.

Batvibe12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I don't know. Killmonger is a villain, but he has some good intentions.