Ways that Peter Parker can STILL return.

stetson12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By stetson12
No Caption Provided

I was just thinking of some possible ways that Peter could return to fight SpOck, and I thought about the Jackal. The Jackal returned during the Alpha story arc back in the Amazing series, but he was never caught. So I thought about how and when the Jackal could return. If the Jackal found out that Doc Ock discovered how to transmit brain patterns from body to body, he might want to use that technology to transfer his own brainwaves onto a copy of Peter Parker. Its a bit of a stretch, but the Jackal was also around during the Spider Island story arc. So the Jackal could be interested in how Ock developed the brain mapping technology. Then once he figures out that SpOck has the gold octobot that allows this to happen he steals golden octobot with Parker's memories on it still. Then he accidentally transfers the Parker brain patterns that are already on the device to a clone. I know that there are numerous plot holes in this scenario, but I just wanted to throw the idea out there for discussion. Does anyone think that Parker could possibly return in a clone body?

Avatar image for anywhichwaybutup
AnyWhichWayButUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It wouldn't be the same!

DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Doc was an idiot, he didnt stay to watch pete "die". No body = not dead...or in this case No "incoporeal representation of a body" = not gone from ocks mind

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I just want to know why Mephisto isn't pissed about this, I mean wasn't the whole point of OMD was that he wanted Peter to suffer? If Pete's gone before his time then wouldn't Mephisto feel like Ock robbed him?

Avatar image for necrotic_lycanthrope
Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

I just want to know why Mephisto isn't pissed about this, I mean wasn't the whole point of OMD was that he wanted Peter to suffer? If Pete's gone before his time then wouldn't Mephisto feel like Ock robbed him?

First rule about Spider-man and Mephisto is hat you do not talk about Spider-man and Mephisto. At least in the same sentence. I'd like to forget One More Day, if it's possible.

And no, it wasn't Peter he wanted to suffer, but more like spitting in God's eye. Spidey is worth less to him than a dustbunny.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#6  Edited By Teerack

The only way Peter can come back would have to be something connected to the mystical side of Spider-Man.

My bet is it will involve Madam Web and the Web of Fate.

No Caption Provided

There is also "The Other" who was able to resurrect Peter from the dead once when Peter embraced it.

No Caption Provided

Not to mention that Kane very recently rejected it, so reviving Peter could would to it's advantage.

I don't think Mephisto will be cool with Doc Ock cheating death, and cheating him out of claiming his soul.

No Caption Provided

There is the also the time travel hard on marvel has had sense starting marvel now :P

My last theory would be something involving the living brain. Slott introduced an out of no where character that centers around the idea of keeping a brain alive in the FIRST issue of SSM. To me that just scream way to coincidental.

No Caption Provided

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By joshmightbe

@necrotic_lycanthrope: Well the thing is that what Ock did would make the gesture pointless which given Mephisto's history, he would consider a massive insult ending with the same result. A pissed off hell lord. If Marvel had a shred of consistency left Mephisto would be making Ock's life a living hell, literally. Mephisto has done far worse for far less.

Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@necrotic_lycanthrope: Well the thing is that what Ock did would make the gesture pointless which given Mephisto's history, he would consider a massive insult ending with the same result. A pissed off hell lord. If Marvel had a shred of consistency left Mephisto would be making Ock's life a living hell, literally. Mephisto has done far worse for far less.

It'll either remain a plothole or it'll be addressed later. That's the trouble with writers, they often hint or do things without going back to previous scenarios to make sure things fit.

But I guess even Dan wants to forget OMD happened, so chances are he'll pretend it never existed, regardless of the issues printed already.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@necrotic_lycanthrope: I'm no OMD fan but it just seems completely out of character for Mephisto to just not react to someone screwing around with his plots. He may not give a s**t about Spiderman personally but he does hate to allow anyone to put one over on him, also considering who Ock is its a fair bet Mephisto had dibs on his soul so him finding a way around death can't sit well with him.

Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@necrotic_lycanthrope: I'm no OMD fan but it just seems completely out of character for Mephisto to just not react to someone screwing around with his plots. He may not give a s**t about Spiderman personally but he does hate to allow anyone to put one over on him, also considering who Ock is its a fair bet Mephisto had dibs on his soul so him finding a way around death can't sit well with him.

Could it be that Mephisto is just enjoying the show for the moment? Who knows, maybe he's seen a bigger threat for Spider-Ock and is just chilling out before his time to attack.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@necrotic_lycanthrope: Or if my hopes come true he's preparing something horrible that Ock can't handle. Is it weird that this arc has me rooting for the Devil to do something horrible to someone?

Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe:

Not really. Sometimes I root for the horrifically insane doctor of a movie or game to tear the hero a new butthole.

But that's because mad doctors don't get enough love in fiction (real life ones where monsters though. And no where near in good fashion).

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I been thinking he could return in a clone body, or return to his own body and Otto goes into a clone body. I also thought about Peter and Kaine sharing a body together or Kaine giving him his body to control.

Avatar image for bluelantern1995
BlueLantern1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#14  Edited By BlueLantern1995

Now I haven't read the series but I have kept up to date with the info so does my following theory work? Maybe before Ock's body died, Peter got back into his own body, and the 2 are now sharing his body and since Ock is the dominant characteristic's wise, that's why he is the one doing what he wants and why Peter's morality has a influence(because he is in his body and he is fighting for control).

So basically my theory entails that only Ock's body died and it was basically a empty cocoon.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#15  Edited By Teerack

Currently Mephiso is busy with the Hell On Earth war in X-Factor, so maybe once that's over he'll take time to deal with Doc Ock.