The better actor Cavill Vs. Hemsworth

Chris-Sama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll The better actor Cavill Vs. Hemsworth (69 votes)

Henry Cavill 33%
Chris hemsworth 67%

Who was better at portraying they're character Thor vs Superman

Not talking about speed/strength feats

Pure acting representation.

• 
Avatar image for thelastdragonborn
TheLastDragonborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They are both good at their roles. Hemsworth is a good thor and cavill is a good superman. Cant really compare the two especially since they are different characters. Maybe if both cavill and hemsworth played thor.

Rockette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chris as Thor.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

I think Cavil is the better actor (loved him in the man from uncle) but Hemsworth plays a better Thor than Cavil does Superman.

SpinXO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chris Hemsworth takes this.

He to me at least is the embodiment of what Thor is, much like how Chris Evans is the embodiment of what Captain America is, just not to the same degree.

Rockette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Cavil is the better actor (loved him in the man from uncle) but Hemsworth plays a better Thor than Cavil does Superman.

This is accurate. ^^

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

lol

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084
deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Purely in their superhero rules, I prefer Hemsworth as Thor. Perfect casting.

theCrazyBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cavil is better actor, but Hemsworth is a better Thor than Cavil with his Superman. So I'll go with the God of Thunder

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At playing their particular character. Hemsworth certainly.

Avatar image for ultra_supermanking
Ultra_SupermanKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both are pretty bland TBH. Thor and the hulk are the MCU's weakest characters. But I'd give hemsworth 6.2 while Henry gets a 6.1. Hemsworth is better but by a very small margin. Yet neither can hold candle to the most bland and weakest acting by none other than that girl from rogue one.

Afrk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor and for anyone saying Cavill is a better actor than Hemsworth watch the movie Rush

Gotoucanario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Gotoucanario

lol

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cav-El

The OP is asking who plays their part better, not which part you think is written better. The writing for Superman may be off, and Cavil may be resigned a to less "expressive" role, but he still plays it very well. And when he's given a chance to really express himself as Superman, he shines.

Thor, while I do like the character, is pretty one-dimensional. And by that, I don't mean he only shows one emotion; I simply mean his range doesn't go very deep. Like, when he's happy, yeah I can see he's happy, and when he's angry I can see that as well. It's easy to appear happy/angry, but it takes another level of acting to express that through voice, body language, eyes, and so forth. I don't think you really get that from Chris Hemsworths Thor, but you do get it from Cav-El.

And while I do think Cavil is also the better actor in general, it's a lot closer outside of CBM roles. Hemsworth has talent (Rush), but he takes too many mindless action films, where he;s basically playing a carbon copy of Thor, to really breakthrough as a better actor than Cavil who has great performances in The Tudors and The Man from UNCLE. He also looks pretty good in that upcoming Netflix film he's in.

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hemsworth was pretty awful in Ghostbusters.. but probably more due to the script

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

#17  Edited By stormshadow_x

Both characters are meh but I'll say chris as thor until Henry gets a chance to act like Superman.

Overall. Cavill. Hemsworth is mostly all looks with meh acting Chops. Cavill at one point was considered to be James Bond and all his movies show he's a pretty good actor.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cavill

liqmidiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cavill is a shitty actor.

TheNoobStomper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am going with Hemsworth. We have seen him go through many different emotional states. Caville's Superman is either a straight poker face or an outraged emotional baby

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hemsworth, while i think is a much more limited actor, has had the benefit of plating Thor with several directors while Cavil has only played Superman in Snyder-directed movies. We can make this call when MoS2 comes out with a different director. You can't really base Cavil's skill based on movies from one director. The man is capable as shown in his charming and charismatic performance in Man from Uncle. (another problem is that Cavil seems to be pretty picky now with roles and doesn't do as many movies as he probably could)

Avatar image for deactivated-5967bf6197d40
deactivated-5967bf6197d40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol, all these petty superman vs Thor threads, let's just ban these two characters, it's already getting tiring

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think they're at similar levels when it comes to portraying their characters, as well as acting in general. I think I'd have to give the edge to Chris Hemsworth as Thor though. I think Cavill's Superman has suffered with how he's been written (mostly, if not entirely in BvS). But he has done a good job with what he's got to work with. Thor isn't really super impressive, but at least he seems like Thor in comparison and is consistent.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tough call for me.

I think Cavill is decent actor. I haven't seen him in much, but I think he's a fantastic modern day Superman and he was great in The Man from UNCLE.

Hemsworth is decent as well, he's great as Thor and he was really good as James Hunt in RUSH, but his calling seems to be comedy. Dude has got some really good timing and a great sense of humor. He he was one of the best parts (if not THE best part) of Ghostbusters I think, and his Thor skits with his roommate are amazing.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At least Hemsworth Thor is a likable character and isn't a wooden dour Superman with all of the emotion of a cardboard cutout. One of the biggest problems with the DCEU is some of their castings have been off the mark.

NewWorldOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Chris Hemsworth.

WarDevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hemsworth has more range as far as I can tell.

Gotoucanario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Gotoucanario

Cavill is the better actor regardless of what you think of the writing of DCEU superman. Neither of them are anything special though.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#31  Edited By Outside_85

I am going to say Cavill because he still looks a lot more like the character(s) he is supposed to be playing than Hemsworth does.

As for the actual portrayal... thats a bit more tricky since it depends on how much the script dictates. Some directors are ofc cool with the actors naturally finding their own groove with the characters... kinda like RDJ did with Stark and there are the Kubrick's who will not deviate a millimetre from what they want to see.
In regards to playing them as they appear in comics... Henry's Superman is more faithful, but has an added layer of internal conflict that a lot of people seem to consider unwanted. Where as Hemsworths Thor is more of a lout who hasn't quite reached maturity yet, something the current Thor has left behind years ago, which may be intentional.

Marishtar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcadian said:

What some have said already; Cavill is a better actor overall, but Hemsworth is better at playing Thor than he at Superman.

Avatar image for passingthroughv2
passingthroughv2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcadian said:

What some have said already; Cavill is a better actor overall, but Hemsworth is better at playing Thor than he at Superman.