Star Wars the bad guys win and the good guys lose

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

First off I want to say this isn't necessarily a bad thing. I actually prefer the villains anyways.

When you actually look at the Star Wars story as a whole the villains really do seem to come out on top most of the time. It made sense that the bad guys won in the prequels as it had to lead to the original trilogy, but the new trilogy just seems to be throwing the happy ending of the old trilogy away. And you may say that needed to happen to set up the next trilogy, but I disagree as instead of just destroying what the heroes worked for to basically make another rebels vs empire story again they could of had the first order be a threat to the new republic instead of just destroying it in one scene with the starkiller base. Really big changes to the overall story didn't even need to be made. Just instead of destroying everything they worked for in quick scene that didn't even hold much weight they could of just destroyed some crucial part of the republic that weakened them but that's it. The next attack they had to stop could of been the one that would of destroyed the entire republic. Then the last jedi could of been similar as it was but instead of there only being 400 something rebels there could of been a few hundred thousand or even millions in those ships. I mean they could easily hold that many, why where there only 400 something soldiers fighting against the first order in the entire galaxy?

And it isn't just the overall story but the characters as well.

Emperor Palpatine: Achieved his goal of becoming emperor and ruled to a ripe old age.

Luke: His nephew turned to the darkside, his new jedi order was slaughtered, and he blamed himself so he ran away to an island, cut himself off from the force, and just stayed there waiting to die in self pity.

Darth Vader: Ya his life sucked, but at least he was cool.

Yoda: Possibly the best life overall considering he lived extremely old in relatively peaceful times as a jedi master. But he still saw the fall of his jedi order and had to spend his retirement life in a swamp.

Count Dooku: Lived to an old age fighting for a cause he believed in.

Obi-wan: His master was killed in front of him as he stood helpless and watched, his love duchess Satine was killed in front of him by the same guy, his apprentice that he loved like a brother turned to the dark side killing many of his comrades forcing him to fight him, severing his old friend's limbs and watching him burn, unable to kill him. He goes into hiding on a sand planet with horrid living conditions, when he finally gets off the planet with his new apprentice he dies soon after.

Darth Maul: I admit his life wasn't good, but he was able to survive like a cockroach, was able to get revenge on Kenobi, and even accepted death when it came to him and died believing he would be avenged.

Han Solo: Killed by his own son while trying to help him.

Lea: Her son turned to the darkside and killer her husband while her brother ran away and cried about it.

Chewbacca: His race was killed and enslaved and he watched his best friend die in front of him.

Padme: She saw liberty die, her husband broker her heart, and she died in childbirth.

Boba Fett: Became the most feared bounty hunter in the galaxy, though rumors say he is still being digested by the sarlac so I guess that sucks.

Jango Fett: Got the son he always wanted and had a quick painless death.

Mace Windu: electrocuted and thrown off a building

Snoke: Lived to an old age and had control over the first order.

Kylo Ren: Killed his true enemy and became the supreme leader of the first order.

Rey: Grew up on a sand planet by herself in an old walker with no family having to fend and work for herself.

The entire cast of Rouge one died. They got the plans but that didn't stop the peaceful planet of Alderan from blowing up causing the death of billions of innocent people. Oh ya and even though the death star blew up they just made another one and it only took a few years this time. And they blew that one up too but they build a star killer base and destroyed the entire republic with it...

Ok I think you guys get the point. End no matter how ep 9 ends it really can't make the good guys win, and tbh I feel like it's going to end with Ben Solo dying thus ending the story of the Skywalkers. And they all lived happily ever after...

Paytience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sure. Except, the the Jedi are the bad guys.
#Sith #Vaderwasright

VoloErgoMalus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By VoloErgoMalus

Maybe the lack of "happy endings" for heroes compared to villains in Star Wars should prompt us to reconsider what constitutes a victory in the Star Wars, and indeed our own, universe. In The Last Jedi, Luke identifies the Force not as a special force that Jedi alone are able to harness, but force in general, the relations of necessity between cause and caused that bind not just the minds of humans, but everything in the universe together.

In this universe all is mindlike, is an instance of perception, a self, and necessity is manifest as appetition, the unity of an object of perception with either affirming will (marking that object as one whose salience or dominance in one's perception would be an exaltation, a salvation) or its polar opposite suffering (marking it as one whose dominance would be damnation). But this union is a property only of the mind under consideration; the identity of an object of perception with either salvation or damnation is an illusion, a discrepancy between the nature of the inner world that is the self and that of the greater world, of which the self is but a part; when this illusion twists our will towards coveting objects previously associated/unified with peace and salvation rather than peace itself, it becomes a damning delusion as we renew our suffering (this is dark side).

Yoda and Luke both attempted to achieve peace itself by "tearing suffering out at the root", by closing themselves off from previous attachments (objects and their associations) and focusing on their present role as a link in a great cosmic chain. Both were seemingly successful until representatives from their old tribes showed up, bringing old suffering with them and redirecting their will from natural things like sustenance to unnatural things like making war. At least, that was my interpretation.

@paytience said:

Sure. Except, the the Jedi are the bad guys.

#Sith #Vaderwasright

Yep, turning to the dark side prevented Padme from dying in childbirth, and Obi-wan ceased to be a factor as soon as Vader cut him down. I wish we were all as wise as Vader.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LoL at Ben Solo dying.

Disney ain't letting 1 billion+/year slip through their fingers to give the fans a good sendoff