New 52 books that need more attention?

noj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By noj

What are some comics from the New 52 that you dont think get enough mention? For me I think more people need to be reading

I Vampire: I hear this mentioned from time to time by people who think more people need to be reading it but for how good it is people really need to be reading it.

Demon Knights: I almost NEVER hear anyone talk about this book and Im not sure why. It is REALLY good!

Blue Beetle: Got off to a bit of a rough start and couldnt really compare to the awesomeness that was the last volume of Blue Beetle but I think its really improved in the past few months and I hope more people give it a chance before its canceled

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By dernman

I Vampire: A good book but not to my tastes. 

Demon Knights: A good book liked by most who read it. Though most people wont because it's set in the past. 

Blue Beetle: I think it's underrated. I don't know why I keep hearing negative things about it. I wonder if it's because Blue Beetle isn't Ted Kord. *Shrugs* I liked Ted Kord but it was Ted Kord I found interesting not him as Blue Beetle.

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Twentyfive

All three of them need WAY MORE attention and coverage than they are getting. So does Firestorm imo.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By Mercy_

What is wrong with me when I read titles like this as 'new 52 boobs that need attention'...

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By evilvegeta74

We can say what we want to here but regardless of the fact they will end up canceling some of our favorites in Dc if they aren't a part of the big three or JLA. You know Bats will get his 7 titles regardless (lol)! I like GL and thats not going anywhere, but the rest such as Aquaman,Blue Beetle etc...... will have to fight to stay alive. Poor Shazam can't even get his own title, I'm angry over that, he's a back story for another title (JL), I guess that helps the sales . I wouldn't be suprised if they start doing that in every other Dc title, maybe Static will end up as such!

Katie24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Katie24

I agree Demon Knights is really fun. I haven't read I,Vampire, but it gets good reviews. I never hear much about All-Star Western, and I think its great. And i think Green Arrow has been pretty good since Ann Nocenti has taken over, however I know a lot of readers have already bailed on it.

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 49

#7  Edited By knighthood

Well I, Vampire disappeared from a few of my local shops really quickly this past Wednesday. I had to go to 3 shops to to find an issue. The copy I found was the last one on the shelf. I'm not sure if that is a good sign, or if the shops are just lowering their orders.

I'd have to recommend Captain Atom, but I understand that many people do not enjoy the story unless they read more than a few issues.

Avatar image for cloudzackvincent
cloudzackvincent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By cloudzackvincent

i am reading both i vampire and demon knights...both r really good books and i hope they don't cancel aquaman anytime soon.....

RoboShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By RoboShark

I read Demon Knights for 6 or 7 issues and never liked one. Just not for me.

Aquaman needs more attention, yes people who are in the loop know new Aquaman is awesome...But everyone knows how the character is treated in pop culture.

Batwing, because I had little expectations for this. I did what I see a lot of people doing, saying he's just a Batman/Ironman. But damn how wrong I was.

Frankenstein Agent of SHADE

I Vampire

Resurrection Man

ThexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ThexX

@RoboShark: I agree Aquaman is awesome

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#11  Edited By the_tree

Grifter and Red Hood and the Outlaws are both pretty awesome.

Batman and Robin is in my top five titles, I think it's currently the best Bat-book.

If you're not reading Batman INC., Dial H, or Earth-2, then you're definitely missing out.

And Batwing is fantastic.

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12  Edited By Kallarkz
@RoboShark said:

Aquaman needs more attention, yes people who are in the loop know new Aquaman is awesome...But everyone knows how the character is treated in pop culture.

Batwing, because I had little expectations for this. I did what I see a lot of people doing, saying he's just a Batman/Ironman. But damn how wrong I was.

I Vampire

Resurrection Man

sales are actually pretty good for Aquaman
TheAnnihilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TheAnnihilator

@Kallarkz said:

@RoboShark said:

I Vampire

Resurrection Man

Yeah, and it's written by Johns. It's not going anywhere.

RoboShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By RoboShark

@Kallarkz said:

@RoboShark said:

I Vampire

Resurrection Man

Right I know that. I think in January it out sold all Marvel books. But I just meant you know on the whole, Aquaman doesn't get his props. And gets poked at a lot in pop culture.

No Caption Provided
TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#15  Edited By TDK_1997

I haven't read I,Vampire but it looks like a good book.As for the other two,well I tried reading each one of them but Blue Beetle disappointed me and Demon Knight just wasn't that interesting to me.

noj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#16  Edited By noj

@RoboShark: How has Frankenstein been? To be honest thats one of the titles that I totally forgot existed after the first couple of months of the New 52

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Video_Martian

People really love Demon Knights from what I've heard...

Blue Beetle sucks.

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Jorgevy

Blue Beetle is awesome

RoboShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By RoboShark

@noj said:

@RoboShark: How has Frankenstein been? To be honest thats one of the titles that I totally forgot existed after the first couple of months of the New 52

It's a great book, a simple fun book. And with the upcoming Animal Man crossover people are probably going to hear more from that title.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Books that need more attention, or at least, Staff reviews on this site. 

-Resurrection Man 

-I Vampire 

-Justice League Dark 

-Birds Of Prey

TheOptimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

#21  Edited By TheOptimist

Justice League Dark has been great and with the most recent issue bumped up another notch, in my opinion...

I Vampire really is quite awesome and its nice to see so many other people that feel the same way... hopefully people will continue to give it a chance, the Rise of the Vampires arc gave it a much needed stabilizing shot...

Resurrection Man really caught me off guard... I started out kinda 'meh' on it, and then out of nowhere it ramped up to score one of my favorite spots of a month and has since really held my interest.

Blue Beetle was the same for me... I really wasn't feeling like it was living up to its potential and then it smacked me with a really solid issue.

@noj said:

Frankenstein is being transferred to a new writer, Matt Kindt, starting with next month's issue, so we'll see where it goes from there... it certainly has occupied a semi-wackier side of the universe, albeit one that I greatly enjoyed... one of the most recent issues featuring the "Spawn of Frankenstein" got me surprisingly emotional (I know, right?) and I think the character is pretty darn sick.

RoboShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By RoboShark

@TheOptimist said:

Frankenstein is being transferred to a new writer, Matt Kindt, starting with next month's issue, so we'll see where it goes from there... it certainly has occupied a semi-wackier side of the universe, albeit one that I greatly enjoyed... one of the most recent issues featuring the "Spawn of Frankenstein" got me surprisingly emotional (I know, right?) and I think the character is pretty darn sick.

Yeah the issue of his son was heavy.

sunhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By sunhawk

anything with Power Girl, even with her new horrible disco outfit.

jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#24  Edited By jrock85

Resurrection Man

Captain Atom

Voodoo (even though it hasn't been as good since Marz left)