Do you like the Airport fight scene in Captain America: Civil War?

skywalker95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Do you like the Airport fight scene in Captain America: Civil War? (40 votes)

Yes 58%
No 18%
Mixed 25%

I've noticed that this particular scene seems to be divided on here. At the time of its release, it was universally praised amongst CB fans and considered one of the best action and fight scenes in CBM history. Nowadays, it's seen as unnecessary, forced and boring.

So what's your overall verdict on it? I personally love it and it's easily in my top 10 CBM moments.

• 
Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

No. Because they didn't have the guts to kill one of the Avengers, unlike the original comics.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MAZAHS117  Online

Looking back I’d prefer they had crossed the line and had someone on either side actually die at the end of the battle, and/or made it have had more dire consequences. That said, for what’s it’s worth it was entertaining...very entertaining actually

Michaelbn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-Man didn't switch sides and no one got killed. High-school cafeteria food fight is more suitable for it.

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Richubs

I'm mixed. There was so much potential there and I think they didn't utilize it well.

It was very fun however and that's why I enjoy it.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was a pointless fight.

Avatar image for deactivated-64456b84cf5e8
deactivated-64456b84cf5e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Generic fight scene but I guess it suits MCU flicks.

rdskns4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Narratively, it wasn't that good. Like what was the point of it?

As a pure battle however, its one of the best in the MCU. Ant Man going giant man was one of the best scenes in the comic book movie history.

LorenzoDeSila

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was ridiculous, infantile and absurd, like most of the MCU.

Avatar image for onlyoneempereor
OnlyOneEmpereor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good scene. Not anything special tho

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think that for the average person who hasn’t read the comic version of Civil War it’s a great scene.

It just disappoints some who expected more and wanted it to be more like its comic counterpart.

I personally like the battle, but I can understand why others don’t like it.

CosmicMuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. Because they didn't have the guts to kill one of the Avengers, unlike the original comics.

So the Russo's didn't have the guts to kill an avenger in civil war but killed off half the cast in Infinity War and 2 permanent deaths in Endgame? Yeah ok. It's obvious this movie was not trying to focus on death, but divide.

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It's fine. I liked when Scott went big and when Spidey was fighting Winter Soldier and Falcon at the same time.

CosmicMuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From a choreography and action standpoint, it is incredible. However, the color grading is just so bad and the airport setting is just so visually uninteresting. Im glad I have a good TV that can fix the color settings with HDR but even then it is pretty noticeable.

Narratively, it wasn't that good. Like what was the point of it?

It was a pointless fight.

There was nothing pointless about it. Team cap had one goal: to get to the super soldiers before Zemo did. Team Iron Man was being forced to bring them to the government within 12 hours. There wasn't a whole lot of time to sit around and ask questions and settle things without fighting, what wouldn't fighting have solved? If they didn't fight, it would have ended either two ways: 1) Team Cap getting arrested and General Ross most likely not letting the registered heroes help out in Siberia. Which leads to super soldiers being released and many deaths or 2) Iron Man's team does in fact believe what Cap is saying, and they agree to help him out. In that case, all of the avengers would be considered criminals and then the Sokovia Accords would be established as pointless in the same movie they were set up in.

Team Iron Man has literally no reason to trust Cap when they have been causing so much chaos and destruction running away and trying to protect Bucky. They literally think Bucky bombed the UN, why on earth would they help a mentally unstable sociopath. Cap realizes this, and that's why Cap's team is the team to deliver the first punches. They aren't there to fool around. They only want to get to the quintet so they can avoid stopping Zemo. That's why the fight wasn't pointless. If it didn't happen, two even more illogical scenarios would have taken place.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CosmicMuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for thespartanb345t
TheSpartanB345T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The fight could have never happened and it would have barely affected the plot.

No stakes, bad color grading, pretty meh overall.

Mutant1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

It was fun!

I do agree with the arguments made above that it disrupted the serious plot that was happening before then.

Mutant1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@emperorb777:

Thanks for the pointless reply

Comic Vine intellectuals in a nutshell.

"It's wrong because I said so!"

Nucleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Nucleon

Great fight, on a strategic use of powers PoV. However, three things made it a lesser fight:

- It was low-intensity; Events made that they were forced to fight, but apart for T'challah they didn't want to. So in both ways, they were restrained.

- They "equilized" street-levelers such as Hawkeye and Black Widow with the Vision, Iron Man and War Machine, using plot armor and selective activity; Scarlet Witch is good and all, but there's no way team Cap could stand up to team Iron Man in a more definitive battle.

- The dull photography. However, the same dull photography made that the fight was clearer and easy to follow, even at normal speeds.

IMO, the silo fight was even greater, because it had intensity, drama, and a more satisfying theatre.

Avatar image for deactivated-60758db60e021
deactivated-60758db60e021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's entertaining enough but beyond that nothing special. Very little sense of grit or intensity.

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved it.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

It was fine. Some cool sequences and nice interactions.