DCEU Faora and Nam-Ek compared to Superman. .

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Richubs

I've seen a lot of people claim that DCEU Faora and Nam-Ek are not as fast or as strong as DCEU Superman and I just wanted to know where all of that came from.

If we analyze the Smallville fight I think it's pretty clear they're pretty close. They just lack flight, heat vision and atmosphere adaptation but in terms of speed and strength I'd say they're pretty close.

And that's when they're unadopted. I've heard people say that they'd be weaker even AFTER they adapt.

Now why do I say they're in the same league?

It's because Faora was absolutely dominating Clark in their entire 1v1. Faora beat the shit out of Clark and didn't let him land more than one hit.

She casually reacted to his bullrushes and outsped him in h2h in the diner.

How can anyone claim she's slower than him after this confrontation?

Now when Nam-Ek joined Faora is was absolutely horrible for Clark.

They both were annihilating him. Clark fought smartly when he was on the ground and didn't go for any offensive attacks but mostly defended himself.

In between that fight Superman tries to fly off with one of them and the other one catches him not even 20 meters off of the ground even though they had no flight. They just jumped fast enough to catch up to him.

When Nam-Ek and Clark were fighting I'd say Clark had the edge because Nam-Ek seemed more like a brawler unlike Faora so Clark could take some advantage but overall they all were clearly in the same speed bracket.

When he went for 1v1 he was losing and when it was a 2v1 it was a demolition.

I would like to know why people think they're in different speed brackets beause they clearly are not. And I've seen this multiple times in the battle forums mainly in DCEU vs MCU battles.

It'd be pretty interesting to see Faora fully adapted demolishing Clark because honestly she'd shit on him hard if she got fully adapted.

tethadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By tethadam

I think Faora might be faster. But Nam-Ek is stronger.

Also I think Nam-ek had the advantage in their fight. Its my opinion that Nam-ek and Faora did better than Zod untill Zod took off his armor to fly. If Nam-Ek or Faora took off thier armor to fly, Superman would have no chance.

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tethadam:

Yeah Nam-Ek should be stronger.

Faora did seem faster unadapted. She pretty much outsped Clark most of the time.

I think they followed Zod because he was a good leader, not a great fighter.

Of all the Kryptonians we've seen so far Doomsday and Faora have been the most deadly.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Faora is faster than anyone not named flash in DCEU

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its because Superman statued Diana in JL. Something he logically would not have been able to do in MOS, considering Doomsday was just as fast as him in BvS and failed to do so to Diana.

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu:

Doomsday dodged everything Diana tried to hit him with except the arm cut.

Just like she tagged Clark once during the headbutt scene.

We just didn't get any slo mo scenes in BvS.

Doomsday basically dodged and tagged Diana every time. He only got touched once when he was looking just like Superman and he got tagged once when he wasn't looking which is completely understandable because he simply wasn't looking.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@richubs: Diana blocked multiple of Doomsday's attacks as well. I'm not saying that she was 100% as fast as Doomsday but Doomsday didn't have any real issues with Clark's speed at all. Going off of their performances she should have at least been able to perceive Clark and combat him somewhat in terms of speed. But when he actually used his speed to full extent she was a statue.

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman: [about Earth's people] Why am I so different from them?

Jor-El: Earth's sun is younger and brighter than Krypton's was. Your cells have drunk in its radiation, strengthening your muscles, your skin, your senses. Earth's gravity is weaker, yet its atmosphere is more nourishing. You've grown stronger here than I ever could have imagined. The only way to know how strong, is to keep testing your limits.

Superman grew up on Earth, the other Kryptonians didn't.

This is why Superman was able to break Zod's neck, and why Zod wouldn't be able to break Supermans' neck.

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu:

She didn't outright dodge any hits from Doomsday at all.

All she did was put her shield up.

Plus I'm also a believer in the fact that Diana got nerfed for JL.

Most people belive that Superman got amped but I don't think so.

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bayman007:

I'm not saying they are Superman's equals in every aspect. They don't have flight, heat vision and cannot live in the atmosphere comfortably.

But speed and strength was clearly on par with Clark.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They were all comparable during the events of MoS, but Clark is above them easily currently

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Shinne

Exactly, especially Nam-Ek, the dude is insanely underrated. He was no selling Superman's punches, and the bullrush only pushed him a little bit. He blatantly overpowered Superman, and intercepted his bullrush attempt. He's insane. Superman never defeated him at any point.

Faora was treating Superman as a child, speed wise... Clotheslined him until he's knocked out, and only defeated because her weak point was blindsided by Superman.

People somehow claim that they were stomped by Superman/? Clearly Superman was outmatched physically and had to rely to his flight, skill (more skilled at using his power), and heat vision.

I even heard some people claiming Superman was stomping Zod despite being shown that they were equal in every way. It's actually baffling.

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Bayman007

@richubs:

I don't think any one of them adapted enough to be on par with Clark. Zod acknowledges this himself.

Jor-El : Our people can co-exist.

General Zod : So we can suffer through years of pain, trying to adapt like your son has?

Jor-El : You're talking about genocide.

General Zod : Yes! And I'm arguing its merits with a ghost.

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bayman007:

Idk Zod adapted pretty quickly

And how can you discredit the fact that Faora was stomping Clark?

Won't happen unless she's faster and stronger.

And she did everything fairly casually.

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Bayman007

@richubs: I'm not discrediting it, her skills were legit. They were all part of the Warriors guild, they clearly had military training. They were still benefiting from the suns radiation, and I genuinely believe she thought Clark was weak... but she was wrong.

Clark is more powerful for the reasons stated.

I once believed if Zod had lived along side Clark on Earth, he could have achieved the same levels, but quicker....i've since changed my mind.

PowerCosmic_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@richubs: Supes stomped Namek 1v1. Lol. What film did you watch?

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powercosmic_:

I did say he had the upper hand against Nam-Ek.

He got stomped by Faora.

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bayman007:

She thought Clark was weak because she was beating him up quite easily.

Clark is more powerful overall due to flight and heat vision obviously.

But speed isn't something he had Faora outclassed in.

Similarly for strength.

Avatar image for deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f
deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All around the same level unti the Justice League film I think the slo mo scenes with flash and Steppenwolf are what really made people feel he got big amp but I’m not sure.

His super speed is very inconsistent in the films there’s plenty of times during fights he’s very human in regards to speed and reaction.

I would say Clark is a little in front due to mastering his powers and the length of time on earth. Namek would likely be overall physically more powerful due to his added size but hard to say they all appeared equal outside of skill to the villains and power variation to Clark.

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@finalkingthanos:

I understand but we just didn't get any alo mo scenes in MoS.

That's why people think he's much faster in JL. In MoS fights were just going in real time.

In MoS I agree his speed in inconsistent but only during blitz and bullrushes.

That's mostly where I think he was inconsistent speed.

Faora honestly had faster blitz speeds than him visually.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@richubs: for me Clark always looks slowest when actually fighting he only does well with people he can overpower.

Yep all 3 villain kryptonians were top level for the movies I can’t think of many that could stand up to them in a fight.

Avatar image for supermanforever
Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Supermanforever

@richubs:

I've seen a lot of people claim that DCEU Faora and Nam-Ek are not as fast or as strong as DCEU Superman and I just wanted to know where all of that came from.

Because they fought a noob superman and still were losing once they were 1 vs 1. Simple answer is that Superman was fully adapted, they were not.

If we analyze the Smallville fight I think it's pretty clear they're pretty close. They just lack flight, heat vision and atmosphere adaptation but in terms of speed and strength I'd say they're pretty close.

Well Superman was actually severly weakened moments before that on the kryptonian ship, yet he was holding his own against both of them at same time while trying to save people etc. First he was struggling, then he got upperhand and stomped both of them 1 vs 1.

And that's when they're unadopted. I've heard people say that they'd be weaker even AFTER they adapt.

Scaling wise no they wouldnt. Adapted Zod was nearly equal/slightly weaker than Superman. By feats yeah superman is better, but scaling to superman they would be nearly equal maybe slightly weaker than him. Why we can scale them is because they are the same species. Its like comparing human to human in terms of durability.

Now why do I say they're in the same league?

It's because Faora was absolutely dominating Clark in their entire 1v1. Faora beat the shit out of Clark and didn't let him land more than one hit.

It was not really a domination, she had upperhad for a slight moment, then superman was going toe to toe with both and beaten both later on.

She casually reacted to his bullrushes and outsped him in h2h in the diner.

I would not say that superman was going all out with his speed against her like the same way he did vs JL. But yeah she is very fast herself.

How can anyone claim she's slower than him after this confrontation?

Because she has shown those feats vs a rookie clark. Later on, Clark seemed to be much more experienced with his pwers.

Now when Nam-Ek joined Faora is was absolutely horrible for Clark.

Not really, he was still holding his own for a while and i wouldnt say Clark was really bloodlusted against them as they were towards him.

They both were annihilating him. Clark fought smartly when he was on the ground and didn't go for any offensive attacks but mostly defended himself.

Well 2 vs 1 afterall with morals on clark.

In between that fight Superman tries to fly off with one of them and the other one catches him not even 20 meters off of the ground even though they had no flight. They just jumped fast enough to catch up to him.

We have seen that kryptonians can jump very fast and Clark didnt outright use his top speed there in flight.

When Nam-Ek and Clark were fighting I'd say Clark had the edge because Nam-Ek seemed more like a brawler unlike Faora so Clark could take some advantage but overall they all were clearly in the same speed bracket.

He didnt have the edge, he stomped Nam Ek and no they were not in the same speed bracket. Clark outsped him multiple times.

When he went for 1v1 he was losing and when it was a 2v1 it was a demolition.

Holding back Clark? yes. Though he still beat them even without trying really in 1 vs 1.

I would like to know why people think they're in different speed brackets beause they clearly are not. And I've seen this multiple times in the battle forums mainly in DCEU vs MCU battles.

I think adapted kryptonians would be able to react to his top speed. But i dont think they would match him if he used speed like vs flash if they were unadapted.

It'd be pretty interesting to see Faora fully adapted demolishing Clark because honestly she'd shit on him hard if she got fully adapted.

Well its pretty established that zod is the best military out there and adapted zod got destroyed by holding back Superman. So no most likely Clark would still dominate.

Overall i agree that they are far underrated, but they are slightly below clark in everything.

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Richubs

@supermanforever:

It'd be a fair comparison that they were fighting a rookie Clark definitely but Faora and Nam-Ek were probably fighting with their new strength and speed for the first time.

They were rookies with these new powers as well.

It's not as if they were pros with these powers.

Clark never stomped Faora.

He only used her only weakness against her accidentally.

If she had never had her mask broken the whole thing would've gone the same way it went in the diner.

And he wasn't really holding his own against Faora and Nam-Ek together.

He was desperately trying to defend himself.

He was lucky the heat vision kicked in.

Obbosuly being fully adapted given Clark an advantage but hardly a good enough advantage in speed and strength.

People act like Clark absolutely outclasses Faora and Nam-Ek in speed and strength when that just isn't true.

Faora clearly was faster than Clark when she was out speeding him in combat without any doubts.

Like I said Zod is the best leader. But he isn't the best warrior clearly.

Faora was better than him in combat. She showed some skill and fought brutally and smartly.

Zod didn't do anything like that.

In Earth even military leaders aren't the best warriors. Its some soldier that's best in that regard.

Faora would beat Clark up if she was fully adapted.

And Clark didn't out speed anyone in combat.

Only in travel and blitz sometimes.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@richubs said:

@amcu:

She didn't outright dodge any hits from Doomsday at all.

All she did was put her shield up.

Plus I'm also a believer in the fact that Diana got nerfed for JL.

Most people belive that Superman got amped but I don't think so.

She didn't dodge any but she did block. Dodging against Doomsday isn't easy as Doomsday is a very large individual. For someone like Diana getting out of the way of Doomsday's attacks is very difficult because she would have to move her entire body a significant distance. Its not just a small slip to the side or a duck like one would do to someone of similar size. I may have forgotten but I struggle to recall Superman dodging any blows from Doomsday either.

The point is that Diana was fast enough to keep up with Doomsday to some level. She could perceive him in combat and block his attacks with decent consistency. She wasn't much if at all slower than Superman in terms of perceptions, and at least arm movement speed. In Justice League however she was utterly unable to perceive Superman. She was totally and completely outclassed in every form of speed.

You can argue that Diana was nerfed. Maybe she was. But there is no narrative reason for her to be weaker. There is nothing that happened to her that could possibly explain why she would be weaker. With Superman that's not the case. Based off of what was stated about him in MOS we know that he is supposed to be constantly growing in power. And he was also brought back to life in JL. Maybe his speed was the same but if we look for a way to explain his speed vs Diana's in JL compared to in BvS the best thing that we can come up with is that he was amped in terms of speed.

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Richubs

@amcu:

Obviously in terms of narration there was nothing to suggest she was nerfed.

I only say so because of her combat showings.

If we assume she wasn't slowed nerfed because there was nothing in the narration then obviously Superman would seem a bit amped.

However I still think Diana was nerfed simply because of her combat showings.

She was terrible against Steppenwolf wnd didn't fight like her BvS self at all.

Eri_Joni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Eri_Joni  Online

Superman was definitely stronger then both of them,given the fact that he stopped a punch from Nam-ek while on the ground with ease.

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@richubs: The duration of time Clark spent on Earth, put him above the other Kryptonians. They were still brittle, whilst he became solid over the years.

Flight and HV are nothing to do with my point, i'm talking about all of their stats with out these

Regarding Faora - Nam-ek had to save her i seem to remember... She did knock Supes around, but he got back up. And Clark did beat all 3 of them.

He was more powerful than them in MoS

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bayman007:

Faora didn't really have to be saved.

Nam-Ek caught Clak mid blitz and smashed him.

Before that Faora beat Clark up in the diner and threw him into the bank vault. Only after them Clark tagged her once.

Right after that he attempted another blitz which Faora dodged entirely fairly easily.

She didn't have any issues with his speed at all.

She even caught him by one hand when he tried a blitz on her in the diner and smashed him into the ground

I understand why people say Clark was above. Because he took in more radiation. It just makes more sense right?

But based on combat Faora isn't at all behind Clark in any respects.

I think it also might have something to do with the fact that Faora was also taking in sun while she was in her ship outside the atmosphere where no radiation is filtered out.

That might have something to do with it but based on combat alone, Clark didn't outclass her in speed or strength.

Only abilities.

Overall he definitely was more powerful.

But I'm only taking speed and strength here.

Nam-Ek was outclassed in speed but in Faora definitely wasn't.

incursion2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eri123 said:

Superman was definitely stronger then both of them,given the fact that he stopped a punch from Nam-ek while on the ground with ease.

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 cocacolaman  Moderator

Namek is stronger and more durable than Superman, but not faster. Faora is faster and more skilled, but not stronger or more durable. There’s also the fact that Superman had to hold back to keep everyone alive, while they didn’t care. And Superman’s accomplishments in his fight with Zod absolutely dominate over his feats in Smallville.

BvS and JL Superman don’t even remotely apply to MOS Superman, just like I don’t apply to my 12 year old self.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e37510e25a10
deactivated-5e37510e25a10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 cocacolaman  Moderator

@hermes1220: there were civilians. Superman, as shown, can be deadly around them by accident. He had to make sure he was careful, unlike with Zod, where he couldn’t hold back due to the similarity in power.

TheGrat1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They were all equal in respect to strength, speed, stamina and durability.

It only takes about a day for a DCEU kryptonian to become fully powered. Kal-El's 33 years on Earth gave him no advantages besides experience.

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don’t get all this wonder woman was nerfed in justice league stuff. She showed way more feats in that movie than the other 2 that she was in. In her solo movie she didn’t even fight anyone close to her level except ares at the end. In BVS all she did was save batman and get slapped around by doomsday. In Justice League she showed her speed and fighting ability.

Avatar image for captainsweatpan
CaptainSweatpan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By CaptainSweatpan

They scale to MOS Superman

Faora and Nam-Ek are not equals in speed to Superman as of JL

In MOS Nam-Ek and Superman were fighting at speeds slower than bullets as you can see the bullets looked way faster while they were hitting each other

Superman, Diana and Doomsday were all fighting at the same speed with Batman able to precieve their movements in BVS

Then in JL we have Superman being notably faster than Diana and "statuing" her and the rest of the league

If people think Supermans speed wasn't amped and all Krypts scale to that Flash level speed they aren't looking at the facts

Avatar image for deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1
deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheGrat1:

We have had this conversation before. And I respectfully disagree. 33 years of sun soak makes him superior. It is because of their battle experience that they made it a fight.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MoS made it clear that Kryptonian basic stats on Earth aren't related to solar radiation, all the additions like hypersenses, flight and heat vision do. So in MoS Clark as a base Kryptonian happened to not be as tough as Kryptonian humanoid/animal hybrid (Namek) in raw strength and not as quick/agile as Faora.

I also agree that JL Supe was an amp. That's why in my book MoS/BvS Era Supe vs Thor (at his very best, non jobbery bull) was a good fight, after JL turned into a borderline stomp. Which by definition makes Steppenwolf's durability and endurance all more impressive.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainsweatpan: I’m with you on this Clark’s revival in JL gave him speed beyond anything they had in previous films and freeze breath.

The rest of his stats seemed the same to me though.

Avatar image for captainsweatpan
CaptainSweatpan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Bayman007
@christianrapper said:

I don’t get all this wonder woman was nerfed in justice league stuff. She showed way more feats in that movie than the other 2 that she was in. In her solo movie she didn’t even fight anyone close to her level except ares at the end. In BVS all she did was save batman and get slapped around by doomsday. In Justice League she showed her speed and fighting ability.

There is no proof that Wonder Woman was nerfed, same for Superman being amped. So i agree with you there.

The speed feats Clark got in JL, just proves how fast these Aliens actually are.

OT: The other Kryptionians definitely didn't spend enough time on Earth to be on par with Superman.

KanyeCosby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman even in the comics is often depicted as being superior to other Kryptonians. Considering that Superman has vastly better feats in BvS and JL, than in MoS, I’d say he likely has grown stronger over time.