Better Actor - Keanu Reeves or Will Smith?

assemblesquad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Better Actor - Keanu Reeves or Will Smith? (58 votes)

Keanu Reeves 22%
Will Smith 78%

Vote who do you think is a better actor?

• 
Conohamaru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Will Smith stomps

skywalker95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Will, he has better range

InvadedTBD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This can’t be a serious question lol.
Will by light years.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f4578c831ec2
deactivated-5f4578c831ec2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Will Smith stomps, he is actually a good actor

Keanu is average and only good as Neo/John Wick but he doesn't have range. He is a good guy and quite likeable so I’d give him a pass.

rdskns4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ok enough with the Keanu Reeves actor questions.

Just because he was good in John Wick doesnt mean he is a great actor. He is decent in very specific roles, but outside of that, he is extremely wooden. John Wick and Neo are not roles that require a lot of range.

Will Smith can actually pull off a diverse range of characters and emotions. He can play in comedies, he can play in blockbusters, he can play in dramatic roles, he can play historical figures.

Combo-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both are not the best, they're more just 90s icons. but I'll say Keanu he's been in better movies.

ZR2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a greater acting range than Keanu Reeves lol. Will Smith all day every day

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This guy.

Loading Video...

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pursuit of happyness makes it a stomp in smith's favour

KnockoutPunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AbstractRaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By AbstractRaze

When it comes to acting personality-wise and charm, I do say Will Smith by a mile.

When it comes to physical acting, his unique dry and centered personality for action movies, Reeves by a mile.

Which one do I prefer?

Reeves, simply because I like more the genre of his movies overall.

KanyeCosby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Will Smith is the better actor but Keanu has way better movies on average.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f5be9e305ddd
deactivated-5f5be9e305ddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for dragomir_andrei
Dragomir_Andrei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Will Smith period

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Will by far.

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Smith is a better actor and he is one of the few actors that can make a mediocre movie better just by being in it. I think he wants to be another Tom Hanks, but I don’t believe that he or his representation pick the best projects for him. Because of this, I like more Keanu movies than Smith movies.

Musically, I definitely like Will Smith’s songs more than Dogstar’s.

OG_Guts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Will. Reeves has as much range as a plank of wood

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Ghostodoofus2

Keanu is one of the most liked actors ever but not because of his skill, it's because of his work ethic and general kindness. Will Smith is the better actor.

Combo-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@combo-man: Are serious right now 😦

Yeah, Keanu's been in some classics. Point Break, The Matrix, Bram Stoker's Dracula, Speed, Devil's Advocate.

Will's filmography isn't as strong.

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Will's the better actor. But I cant vote against Keanu, sorry.

KnockoutPunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knockoutpunch said:

Yeah, Keanu's been in some classics. Point Break, The Matrix, Bram Stoker's Dracula, Speed, Devil's Advocate.

Idk if you're referring to liked by fans when you say strength, but a strong movie doesn't mean strong acting

I'm literally watching Dracula right now and it is almost laughable (not just keanu)

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Will.

TobeyMaguire84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knockoutpunch said:

This is about acting not filmography

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

This comparison is rather disrespectful to Smith.

Avatar image for deactivated-60758db60e021
deactivated-60758db60e021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I bloody love Keanu Reeves.

That being said, Smith is a significantly better actor.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OK enough with the Keanu Reeves actor questions.

Just because he was good in John Wick doesn't mean he is a great actor. He is decent in very specific roles, but outside of that, he is extremely wooden. John Wick and Neo are not roles that require a lot of range.

Will Smith can actually pull off a diverse range of characters and emotions. He can play in comedies, he can play in blockbusters, he can play in dramatic roles, he can play historical figures.

Combo-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Idk if you're referring to liked by fans when you say strength, but a strong movie doesn't mean strong acting

I'm literally watching Dracula right now and it is almost laughable (not just keanu)

I already said I don't consider either to be great actors. you're laughing at Gary Oldaman's excellent acting, Anthony Hopkins excellent acting, Winona Ryder's excellent acting, amazing set designs, amazing costumes, beautiful cinematography. hmm, maybe you should just stick to watching mcu movies.

Combo-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@combo-man said:
@knockoutpunch said:

I don't consider either to be particularly good actors, so since both are average you have to look at other factors such as filmography, personality etc. I prefer Keanu's movies, his personality and what he brings to the movies he's in overall.

KnockoutPunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knockoutpunch said:

I already said I don't consider either to be great actors. you're laughing at Gary Oldaman's excellent acting, Anthony Hopkins excellent acting, Winona Ryder's excellent acting, amazing set designs, amazing costumes, beautiful cinematography. hmm, maybe you should just stick to watching mcu movies.

Excellent acting 😐

Winona ryder's? Almost all the accents are horrendous and all over the place including hopkins "Romanian" accent, and the acting is so over the top it is hard to take seriously.

Excellent costumes as in oldmans comedic forehead prosthetic and ridiculous wig? I'm assuming that movie left an impression on you as a kid so you continue to hold it in high regard and have a hard to seeing it as it really is.

The film is super dated, at best its quaint and endearing at worst it's a sloppy mess.

KnockoutPunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By KnockoutPunch

@combo-man said:
@tobeymaguire84 said:
@combo-man said:
@knockoutpunch said:

I don't consider either to be particularly good actors, so since both are average you have to look at other factors such as filmography, personality etc. I prefer Keanu's movies, his personality and what he brings to the movies he's in overall.

Even if neither is particularly good will is leagues above keanu. He actually has a range. Keanu not so much.

Being that we were talking Dracula earlier, reeves was STILL his airheaded surfer 🏄‍♂️ dude, with a poor British accent veneer. He is fine in the roles he finds himself in but looking solely at acting he can't compete. If you think so list some performances 🎭 NOT iconic films

Cybernetics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Put respect on Will's name. c'mon

Combo-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Excellent acting 😐

Winona ryder's? Almost all the accents are horrendous and all over the place including hopkins "Romanian" accent, and the acting is so over the top it is hard to take seriously.

Excellent costumes as in oldmans comedic forehead prosthetic and ridiculous wig? I'm assuming that movie left an impression on you as a kid so you continue to hold it in high regard and have a hard to seeing it as it really is.

The film is super dated, at best its quaint and endearing at worst it's a sloppy mess.

No I just have something you clearly lack, good taste. the film won an Oscar for it's costume design. you realize with a movie like this not a single character wears normal clothing, they all wear clothing that is period correct. also Gary Oldman's red armor was fantastic, and the look he has when he first meets Jonathan Harker is iconic.

saying any movie is dated is stupid, because the 20th century was a superior age for film, so if it's dated then that's a good thing.

Even if neither is particularly good will is leagues above keanu. He actually has a range. Keanu not so much.

Being that we were talking Dracula earlier, reeves was STILL his airheaded surfer 🏄‍♂️ dude, with a poor British accent veneer. He is fine in the roles he finds himself in but looking solely at acting he can't compete. If you think so list some performances 🎭 NOT iconic films

If there's any difference in their skill levels as actors it's not noticeable. both guys sell movies on their personalities, popularity, likeability and both have a good sense for what their target audience wants to see.

Avatar image for meandyourgirl69
MeAndYourGirl69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Fresh Prince stomps in a mismatch

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

KnockoutPunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knockoutpunch said:

Excellent acting 😐

No I just have something you clearly lack, good taste. the film won an Oscar for it's costume design. you realize with a movie like this not a single character wears normal clothing, they all wear clothing that is period correct. also Gary Oldman's red armor was fantastic, and the look he has when he first meets Jonathan Harker is iconic.

Good taste, not judging by what you've said so far. And winning an Oscar doesn't mean anything more than the ppl at that time thought it award worthy. No one said anything about their CLOTHES 🤣 and his armor is fine... his forehead extension and wig are not lol

And the acting in the film is so over the top cringe worthy it's unintentionally comedic at times. The psychiatric Dr gets bitten by John's predecessor on the right side of his neck pulls away and grabs the LEFT 😐 that's a sloppy mistake. But i suppose i just pay closer attention to the details than you.

saying any movie is dated is stupid, because the 20th century was a superior age for film, so if it's dated then that's a good thing.

@knockoutpunch said:

If there's any difference in their skill levels as actors it's not noticeable.

To you which we've already established is oblivious to the obvious

Combo-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Combo-Man

@knockoutpunch: "No one said anything about clothes" lol oh boy. "costume" means all of the clothing the actors wear in a production.

It's an ambitious gothic epic, so of course it's going to have very over the top acting, it's not going for realism. it's going for theatrical, dramatic, over the top.

many great movies, have the kinds of mistakes like the one you mention, movies much much greater than Bram Stoker's Dracula. Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, North by Northwest, Alien, T2, all have mistakes. it's something that is almost expected when your making a movie with all these moving parts, a mistake will make it into the movie without the filmmaker catching it.

If you want to believe Will Smith is a much better actor than Keanu Reeves, then go ahead, what do I care. but I'm under no obligation to join you in that belief, and I won't be doing so. they're both average.

Edd57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For me is will smith