The Writers Guild Presents: 10/4/13

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 22

#1  Edited By dngn4774

Here are another two brand new entries from the Writers Guild!

First up, we have @batkevin74's Marvel Mayhem: The Scourge Interlude.

Marvel Mayhem Interlude

LowTown, Madripoor

“I heard you were dead!” exclaimed General Coy as he sat behind his black stone desk, flanked by several armed bodyguards.

“I got better!” replied Bullet as he watched the two men pat him down and check for weapons. “Take more than a knife to the heart to stop me!”

“How about a bullet to the head?” laughed Coy as his bodyguards raised their weapons towards the assassin for hire. Bullet smiled and shrugged.

“If any of your apes could actually shoot straight, I’d be worried” Bullet casually wandered to the chairs near the desk and sat down “If you wanted me dead, you wouldn’t waste your time flying me here, would you?”

“You are perceptive,” replied General Coy as he nodded to his men “Drink?”

“No, just can we get on with this!” groaned Bullet “Seriously this country is just too damn hot for someone my size! Who do you want dead?”

General Coy blew smoke out of his nose and tossed a package across the desk to the hitman. Bullet scooped it up and looked opened it, pulling out a photo.

Molly Von Richthofen” he read off the picture “The Red Baron?”

“Who?”

Bullet looked at the crime lord “I’m not the brightest spark, but even I know who the Red Baron was! Really?”

“You will kill her” stated the General, ignoring the banter.

“She here, in Madripoor?”

“No, New York”

Bullet stood up “I flew all the way from New York to this smelly little island to travel all the way back to New York to kill someone who lives ten minutes from my house! You people are idiots!”

General Coy’s eyes narrowed “Did you call me, an idiot?”

Bullet stared straight into his eyes and stepped up to the edge of the desk that now separated the pair, the bodyguard’s weapons slowly raising as the threat level “Yes, yes I did! A computer via an encryption key, ever hear of that? It’s so simple even Deadpool can use it and he’s a moron!”

“You may regret your choice of words.” stated Coy “The other reason to fly you here and all the way back was to gain leverage. People like Deadpool or Bushwacker are terrible in situations like this, as you say morons! But you, not smart but not dumb…but you have…family! Which they do not!” Coy slid a smart phone across the table “Lance is it?”

Bullet caught a glimpse of the image of his son tied to a chair, blood from his nose, blackened eyes. His massive hands slammed down on the desk as he roared.

“WHERE IS MY SON?”

General Coy took a small step back and wiped his face from the assassin’s spittle “Safe, for now. You will kill the girl and your son will be returned. Fail to kill her, he dies. Simple really, her life for his. Once completed you will be paid the sum of two million dollars. Are we clear?”

Bullet’s fists had left indents on the stone table top; the large man’s shallow breathing was the only sound “I. Will. Kill. You. For. This!”

“Threaten me again and I will have some of his toes removed,” said Coy as he sat down and looked at his watch “You have until 7pm tomorrow, so twenty seven hours, twenty of those spent in the air contemplating your son’s life. The flight to New York leaves in…forty minutes.”

Bullet screamed with rage and lashed out, punching the nearest guard in the chest so hard that his sternum shattered like a bag of crisps under a truck. Weapons clicked into readiness but General Coy waved them off.

“Your choice Mr Bullet,” said Coy almost gleefully “Clock is ticking!”

“After this is done…” Bullet pointed at him, waving his large finger before running it across his neck. He turned and marched out, kicking the door off its hinges as he exited. Coy picked up the phone and dialled a number.

“Your ‘delivery man’ is on route Fortunato” said Coy “Make sure my end is kept by you!”

Ryker’s Island, New York

“It will be!” stated Giacomo Fortunato as he dropped the phone into the toilet in his cell. He watched it rattle around the bowl before slipping into the S-bend. He smiled and returned to his bunk.

“Your days are numbered bitch!” he said as he tapped the picture of Molly tapped to the cell wall along with several other officers from the Organised Crime Unit “Nobody messes with the Fortunato’s!”

This has links to Marvel Mayhem: Scourge http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/marvel-mayhem-scourge-5-1460266/#10

And other Marvel Mayhem can be found in the Marvel Mayhem Library.

we also have a new story from @wildvine titled SCP-XXXX.

No Caption Provided

Item #: SCP-XXXX

Object Class: Euclid

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-XXXX is stored in a retired rail yard in ██████ Arizona. Rail yard was purchased by the Foundation for the explicit purpose to keep and study SCP-XXXX, under the guise of a historical preservation program. Rail yard is hereby referred to as Site-12. SCP-XXXX requires no special containment, but is to be under constant observation for anomalous activity.

Once a month SCP-XXXX is to be activated to prevent the accumulation of rust in its wheels. It is to roll to within 7.00000 m of the end of its track, at which time it is to be deactivated. If at anytime SCP-XXXX shows any resistance to deactivation, head of research Dr ████ is to be informed immediately. At this time it will also receive routine maintenance. Anyone attempting to enter Site-12 are to be detained for questioning and given a C level amnestic.

At no time should anyone enter SCP-XXXX without signed approval of Site director. Any anomalous activity while SCP-XXXX is in active or inactive modes should be reported to Dr ████ immediately.

Description SCP-XXXX is a passenger train closely resembling the [REDACTED] line in appearance. It is 156 m in length, 5.0000 m high from wheels to roof. It posses six (6) passenger cars, and one (1) engine, but damage to the rear coupling suggests it once had more cars. SCP-XXXX is medium blue in color, and currently bears no serial numbers or company logos.

The inside of SCP-XXXX seems like an ordinary, modern passenger train module on the outside. The interior of the engine however, differs from normal. Where the controls should be is a hand lever that can be moved up or down. Up is labeled 'Activate.' Down is labeled 'Deactivate.' Twenty (20) cm to the left, and parallel to the lever is a dial with four (4) labels. Clockwise they are:

"Retreat" which makes the train reverse.

"Faster" which presumably increases speed from start up.

And a third option for which the label has been scratched off. Attempts to open up SCP-XXXX's control cover to study its components have proven impossible at this time, given SCP-XXXX's resistance to damage.

SCP-XXXX came to the Foundations attention through an Agent planted in the local FBI office. Reports of loved ones that had on travel trips, but never reached their destinations, or returned. Each one last seen at a train station. Some seen to getting on a blue train bearing the logo of ████

SCP-XXXX was intercepted after leaving a train depot in the city of ████ on ██-██-20██ with a combination of greased rails and use of a second, smaller train ahead of it to slow it down long for Agent ████ to board and shut it down.

None of the passengers seen to board were on board when it was brought to a halt. All of the witnesses were given B level amnestics and implanted memories. All recordings of SCP-XXXX were confiscated from the scene.

Addendum: Given the events of incident 3, SCP-XXX will only been activated remotely, from the safe distance of thirty (30) feet away. No one is to enter SCP-XXXX except D-class personal for experimentation purposes.

Incident Report:

Incident 1

9:32 PM (Approximately) A female voice was heard coming from XXXX by Dr ████ Security personnel were alerted and entered XXXX to investigate. No source for the sound was found to be on board. Audio recorders failed to register any voices other then personnel present.

Incident 2

During a routine maintenance inspection Dr ████ saw a white hand pressed to window two (2) of car five (5). No indication of the window being touched were found.

Incident 3

A child's is heard calling from SCP-XXXX. Dr ████ head of research was informed and security personnel were in route when Dr ████ became visibly distressed and entered SCP-XXXX without clearance. Guards boarding SCP-XXXX found only Dr ████'s ID badge.

Incident 4

██-██-20██ 7:30 PM

A pale female is seen part way down the steps of SCP-XXXX-3. Figure gestured with one hand, beckoning to maintenance personnel. Dr ████ Attempted to communicate with the subject without success. Security footage failed to record the subject.

Print flyer found in SCP-XXXX

See the world!!

Escape from the dreary of mundane life with one of our affordable escape packages!

Price’s so low it criminal not to take advantage of them.

Luxuries include (but are not limited to:

• Four star meals. (Special orders call ahead)

• Our new seats are so comfortable you might just sleep the whole way.

• Service staff are ready to wait on you hand and foot. No reasonable requests denied!

• Child care provided for a minimal extra cost.

So escape boredom. Escape the normal. Escape from all of your worries.

Happiness is just a ticket purchase away!

Please remember to read, enjoy, and comment! The next edition will be posted on Friday, October 11th. Edit: We're skipping this week to reorganize the guild so the next edition should be on Friday, October 18th.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@wildvine This is strange. I don't really get it to be honest. This bit here "Description SCP-XXXX is a passenger train closely resembling the [REDACTED]" why type redacted when you've actually redacted the whole way through the story anyway? The writing is good, the subject matter I have no idea

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

@batkevin74:

I wrote this for another site. Its done in the manner they write over there. Redacted is supposed to be need to know info to create a sense of mystery. Or in case it was read by someone unauthorized.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By batkevin74

@wildvine:

I get redaction, you've got black blocks throughout this, but then you write REDACTED. Was curious if it was a deliberate choice

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine:

I get redaction, you've got black blocks throughout this, but then you write REDACTED. Was curious if it was a deliberate choice

It was.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By dngn4774
wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By wildvine

@dngn4774 said:

@wildvine: Is your character trying to break @joygirl's SCP out? That would be cool.

I don't know if our characters are stored at the same facility. But its an idea.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine said:

@dngn4774 said:

@wildvine: Is your character trying to break @joygirl's SCP out? That would be cool.

I don't know if our characters are stored at the same facility. But its an idea.

SCP's versus the Gov would be awesome. The SCP's would just want their freedom but maybe the government has discovered something dangerous in them (a virus or a uncotrolable power they each possess blah blah blah) and they're trying to quarantine them for the greater good. Maybe rivaling sects of the Government wish to weaponize them an emerging religious cult starts to worship them as gods. There's lots of potential here.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

@batkevin74: I still haven't gotten to your Scourge stuff, so I was a little lost, but it's good, as always.

@wildvine This is strange. I don't really get it to be honest. This bit here "Description SCP-XXXX is a passenger train closely resembling the [REDACTED]" why type redacted when you've actually redacted the whole way through the story anyway? The writing is good, the subject matter I have no idea

@wildvine: What batkev' said. I saw your response about this being written for another site, but it doesn't make sense to black bar some parts, and type out "Redacted" on others. Pick one or the other (although "Redacted" all over the place would be annoying IMO). This needs some edits for missing words and a few typos. (@dngn4774: I thought the Guild was using editors for this stuff?)

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop said:

@batkevin74: I still haven't gotten to your Scourge stuff, so I was a little lost, but it's good, as always.

@batkevin74 said:

@wildvine: What batkev' said. I saw your response about this being written for another site, but it doesn't make sense to black bar some parts, and type out "Redacted" on others. Pick one or the other (although "Redacted" all over the place would be annoying IMO). This needs some edits for missing words and a few typos. (@dngn4774: I thought the Guild was using editors for this stuff?)

I just can't win with this story. : (

On the other site names are normally blacked out, and certain info is redacted or ecpunged. I don't really know why they do both.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine: They just automatically black out names? Wth?

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By wildvine

@cbishop said:

@wildvine: They just automatically black out names? Wth?

*Shrug* To create mystery?

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine: More likely it's some skewed attempt at protecting against identity theft.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop said:

@wildvine: More likely it's some skewed attempt at protecting against identity theft.

No. Its part of the gimmick. I would link you, but the hate on that site is hot contagious.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#16  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@batkevin74: An interesting addition to the Marvel Mayhem Verse, one that takes the action away from the usual setting on the USA. I'm already hoping for great things from the continuation of this story.

@wildvine: A well written piece of writing and one that gave me shivers down my spine. I don't know if it was all the 'black ink' or just the memory of doing bat surveys in an abandoned train yard but something made this a brilliant if slightly bone chilling read.

Good work the both of you. I hope to see more relatively soon.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By batkevin74

Bumped @catalinaic this is where NYC's Finest actually starts