Avatar image for ultimatedeadpool
DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By DEADPOOL

Would it be better to seperate the classes of super-strength instead of putting people like Hulk (200,000lbs.) with people like Starfire (1,200lbs.)?

I just did the super-strength voting for 40 minutes! My wrist hurts... lol.

Not all of the characters with super-strength are even listed. Doing the "Super Strength" voting could take over an hour to finish once everything's up.

Maybe it could be "Enhanced Strength" (1-15 tons), "Super Strength" (20-75 tons), and "Massive Strength" (80-100 tons tons). Or, something to that extent?

Post Edited:2006-12-22 20:02:56

Mind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Mind

Yeah, I agree, plus some other powers could follow that same idea. Like it is not the same the intelligence level of someone like I don't know... the riddler than a complete freak like Reed Richards. It's unfair and tiresome to compare every character that falls under the "intellect" tag.

Kaiho13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Kaiho13

cheers to both those suggestions.

in the case of strength is was geting bored of voting for Hulk .... ;-)

DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DEADPOOL

Mind says:

"Yeah, I agree, plus some other powers could follow that same idea. Like it is not the same the intelligence level of someone like I don't know... the riddler than a complete freak like Reed Richards. It's unfair and tiresome to compare every character that falls under the "intellect" tag."

Are you really agreeing with me?

valinorbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By valinorbob

I think a class-based system would be useful, so that only heroes within the same class of that power are ranked against each other. Because it makes no sense to have Beast vs. Hulk...

Mind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Mind

DEADPOOL says:

"Mind says:
"Yeah, I agree, plus some other powers could follow that same idea. Like it is not the same the intelligence level of someone like I don't know... the riddler than a complete freak like Reed Richards. It's unfair and tiresome to compare every character that falls under the "intellect" tag."

Are you really agreeing with me?"

Yeah, I mean it is obvious that spiderman, who has superstrength listed amongst his powers, should not be in the same tire that the hulk is in. So I'm all for subclassifying, specially this sort of powers (superstrength, intellect, agility) that are very common.

Retrocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Retrocide

I'm for this, but be careful not to take this over-kill.

We don't need different tiers for Magnetism, and so forth.

But as long as this doesn't go over-board, I'm for this. Although I'm not sure on Agility, unless you can give me a good example, I think that should remain as one class (Spider-Man:Daredevil are similar).

DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DEADPOOL

The strength class is the only thing that is so incredibly broad.

Now, we need to tone it down with the "unarmed combat." Not just anybody who can throw a 1-2 combo should be listed. As I said in another topic, it should only be reserved for people who have had extensive training... I'm gonna have to irritate the owners of this site with a late-night of editing people's abilities, lol. And yes, I believe that if you took away all Hulk's powers, he'd be kitten show for someone like Deadpool or Batman.

Post Edited:2006-12-23 21:08:04

DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DEADPOOL

Holy nikes, there are now 230 characters with super strength!

Avatar image for liefeld_generic_man
liefeld_generic_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Why can't they make it so you could look at the list and drag and drop heroes/villians above or below others? That would make it easier....why should I have to vote the silver surfer tougher than sebastian shaw? The total ranking could be the average of that ranking, rather than 230 votes against each character.

Raif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Raif

I don't think they will or want the ranking to be ture. It is just for fun. Kinda like a my dad can beat up your dad thing. If they wanted it to be ture they would take it out of the hands of us and do it themself or make us back up our votes with research proving the power of the hero you are voting for.

DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DEADPOOL

Dang! There are 635 characters with super strength!

shatterstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By shatterstar  Moderator

The problem, if you want to call it a problem, is that super strength is like the default super power for almost any character created. I don't like the tiered idea because I have no clue where you're going to get the information on how strong every obscure character in comics is. I'd rather just see more randomized voting.

DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DEADPOOL

There are alot of fans out there and people wanting contributer points on this board, right?