You (with powers) run a gauntlet

FloLikeYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Poll You (with powers) run a gauntlet (20 votes)

Stops at MCU Steel Serpent (Davos) 5%
Stops at Fox Doctor Octopus 0%
Stops at DCEU Enchantress 15%
Stops at Fox Psylocke 0%
Stops at CW Damien Darhk 0%
Stops at Fox Juggernaut 15%
Stops at MCU Ebony Maw 25%
Stops at DCEU Steppenwolf 0%
Clear 40%

You run a LA gauntlet!

R1: Davos

R2: Doctor Octopus

R3: Enchantress

R4: Psylocke

R5: Damien Darhk

R6: Juggernaut

R7: Ebony Maw

R8: Steppenwolf

Scenario:

A divine entity appears in front of you and tells you about a team of bad guys that needs to be defeated. They offer you special powers to do the job and if you succeed you are allowed to keep the chosen powers for the rest of your life. They chose you because the baddies kidnapped your family.

Rules:

- You are given 10 points to choose special powers. Each special power will cost between 1-5 points. Choose smart!

- You will be healed between each round completely

- Win by death or incap.

No Caption Provided

Special Powers:

1 Point:

MCU - Misty Knight proesthetic arm

No Caption Provided

2 Points:

MCU - Daredevil senses

FOX - Wolverine (adamantium) Claws

MCU - Medusa hair

3 Points:

MCU - Captain America shield

MCU - Bucky arm

CW - White canary skill

MCU - Rocket gun

MCU - Falcon wings

4 Points:

Fox - Beast stats

MCU - iron fist (ability)

MCU - Luke Cage stats

MCU - Black Sky skill + stats

CW - Canary Cry

5 Points:

Fox - Cyclops laser beams (+ visor)

MCU - Black Panther suit

• 
HatedSociopath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Bro I could have the powers of PR Beyonder and still lose before getting to round 1

SquadDoubleYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SquadDoubleYou

Cyclops Laser Beams + Falcon Wings + Adamantium Claws

R1: Davos - Laser beam one shots

R2: Doctor Octopus - I'll spam laser beam while in the air

R3: Enchantress - Tough one. I can ragdoll her with my lasers while in the air and look an opportunity to rip her heart out. This might take a while.

R4: Psylocke - Laser beam one shots

R5: Damien Darhk - Laser beam one shots

R6: Juggernaut - I'll spam laser beam while in the air and it might take a while.

R7: Ebony Maw - Laser beam one shots

R8: Steppenwolf - I'll spam laser beam while in the air and it might take a while. If it wasn't enough, I'll skewer him with my Adamantium Claws once he left himself open.

I can clear but it will require patience in some rounds.

TheOverDaddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For mine, I'm picking the Black Panther suit and Cyclops' laser beams.

Round 1: Laser Beam one shots
Round 2: Laser Beam spam
Round 3: I would continue to spam lasers until I have the opportunity to rip her heart out
Round 4: Laser Beam one shots
Round 5: Laser Beam one shots
Round 6: Spam Laser Beams and do my best to avoid Juggernaut's strikes. It will take a while and I might stop here.
Round 7: Laser Beam one shots
Round 8: Spam Laser Beams and try to either tank or dodge hits with Vibranium armour. This may take a while and I could possibly stop here, more likely than in the Juggernaut round.

Great idea man! Really interesting stuff, keep it up :)

Void_Reborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For mine, I'm picking the Black Panther suit and Cyclops' laser beams.

Round 1: Laser Beam one shots

Round 2: Laser Beam spam

Round 3: I would continue to spam lasers until I have the opportunity to rip her heart out

Round 4: Laser Beam one shots

Round 5: Laser Beam one shots

Round 6: Spam Laser Beams and do my best to avoid Juggernaut's strikes. It will take a while and I might stop here.

Round 7: Laser Beam one shots

Round 8: Spam Laser Beams and try to either tank or dodge hits with Vibranium armour. This may take a while and I could possibly stop here, more likely than in the Juggernaut round.

Great idea man! Really interesting stuff, keep it up :)

I agree with this completely. The moment I saw BP suit and Cyclops lasers those were me go-to.

And yeah this is an excellent thread. Love the scenario, Flo. Well done.

WillValentine2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let me just start by saying Awesome question/concept!

With my ten points I would choose, The Black Panther Suit(5 points), Luke Cage Stats(4 points) and the Prosthetic Arm (1 point)

R1: Davos-the Suit would allow me to redirect any force from Davos's attacks against him and I would just overwhelm physically with the LC stats and the arm

R2: Doctor Octopus-I think this fight is a fairly even split as it all depends on how quickly I could close the distance with the Doc

R3: Enchantress-Sadly from here on I'd lose haha

R4: Psylocke-

R5: Damien Darhk

R6: Juggernaut

R7: Ebony Maw

R8: Steppenwolf

JohnnyZ256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nobody has any experience with any of that stuff, so we'd all get stomped.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f08ae8f4ed63
deactivated-5f08ae8f4ed63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@johnnyz256 said:

Nobody has any experience with any of that stuff, so we'd all get stomped.

Nobody also has experience with pulling a parachute rope, but we can do right? You talk like people has the average of 20 IQ.

Also, viners read comics so they actually know how to use and what can expect! I'm not saying it will be easy, but some viners can pass the round 1 for sure!

JohnnyZ256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thehercules: Reading comics doesn't teach you how to use a fictional object, like CA's shield. Maybe there are nuances that the comics don't go into.

Also, one of the rules of CV is that if a person has no experience using a weapon, then we're not to put them in a battle using it. The result would require speculation.

AnakinVader99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By AnakinVader99

I am a clutz I wouldn't be able to use one of those things without screwing myself over. I usually think of myself to be smarter than the average person but the quote to describe me in a real-life fight with people who are physically better than me would be "Everyone has a plan until they get in the face", The reason is because I can plan out what to do in a fight and still lose badly

FloLikeYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnnyz256: Okay boomer!

It’s not that hard to imagine being capable of using a weapon or special powers.

Certain things like the prosthetic arm you can’t do wrong! It’s just like your actual arm (just a ton more durable) same with the BP suit, there’s nothing to learn about it. You simply have to wear it. Luke Cage stats? How can someone not handle that? You’re yourself just more durable.

Viners often (almost everytime) overestimate themselves but this is not one of those situations.

If you don’t like this post, don’t do it. It’s as simple as that.

Red12789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I clear by stomping all these fodder with my omnipotent powers

FloLikeYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@red12789: Would you mind to choose powers from the ones above? thx

Lord_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@red12789 said:

I clear by stomping all these fodder with my omnipotent powers

Lmao

Red12789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uh being serious, probably Black Panther Suit and Cyclops laser beams

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm running the gaultlet, it gets stomped for that reason alone. as if I need any additional power for that

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 cocacolaman  Moderator

Other than Maw, I could clear with Adamantium Claws, Rocket’s Gun, and BP suit.

Wabubub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2 - Adamantium Claws
5 - Black Panther Suit
3 - CW White Canary skills

I think this is the optimal point buy.

R1: Davos goes down easy. He can't cause much damage to the Panther suit. Save the claws as a surprise for the grapple he'd have to try once he realizes hard blows don't work.

R2: Doctor Octopus is easy. Canary has the skills to get close and the claws can take away his mid range advantage.

R3: The only hope is that Canary provides the skills for a sneak attack. Or, much like the Suicide Squad, I can pull a stupid bullshit plot convenient win that I do not deserve and I did not earn.

R4: Yeah, movie Psylocke sucked.

R5: Canary man handled him so I'm not worried if I got her skills.

R6: Boys, we probably got a GG. If Juggetnaut grabs then it doesn't matter if kinetic energy is absorbed. He'll crush, twist, and pull. The only hope is that you're in a position to cut off his limbs. I'm gonna keep going anyways.

R7: Probably whoop my ass. I'd be depending on the suit to carry me this far and he is gonna largely ignore it.

R8: No one is clearing this and it's cute that people think they could.

JohnnyZ256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flolikeyou: I don't think the immature "boomer" comment was necessary.

Rules exist for a reason. You should follow them.

JohnnyZ256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CT-5555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol wut?

FloLikeYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’d personally take:

Black Sky stats & skill

Canary cry

Medusa hair

4+4+2=10

R1: Davos - Black Sky would stomp so I‘d stomp too.

R2: Doctor Octopus- Black Sky should be able to come close enough to either kill him via skill and stats or a combination of Medusa hair and the Canary Cry (this fight would be epic and very cool to watch considering that both contenders are able to control mid-ranged „weapons“

R3: Enchantress- In theory she should win (because she’s a witch and all that) but in the movie she was a very disappointing street level danger. Black Sly would probably kill her and thus would I, if the skill and stats is not enough than my Canary Cry and hair should do the job.

R4: Psylocke - Her psionic attacks are very lethal and dangerous but I would like to believe that Black Sky stats + skill will be able to get close and in a melee fight I should be able to win. Black Sky has the stats and definitely the skill to contend and maybe even win, adding the canary cry and the hair should be sealing the deal.

R5: Damien Darhk - If I can somehow get close I‘d one-shot. Black Sky doesn’t officially have the power to teleport but she does happen to appear and disappear out of nowhere often so I might be able to do that.

R6: Juggernaut - neither my stats or skill could save me here. The canary cry would at best keep him at bay (not for too long either) and the Medusa hair shouldn’t be strong enough to hold him either. I would stop at this round.

R7: Ebony Maw - Same with Damien, if I can somehow through magical means appear in front of him than I should be able to quickly kill him before he can ragdoll and stomp me. The stats and skill are enough to quickly kill him in a melee fight + the hair to keep him from doing movements should seal the deal. All that is only possible if I somehow are able to get close.

R8: Steppenwolf - same as Juggernaut, I can’t seriously injure him at all or keep him at bay for long, the canary cry would be able to keep him away for a short time before he rips me apart, the hair is nowhere near strong enough to hold or challenge him either.

Copper_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not really sure who white canary is- but might win with daredevil, luke cage, adamantium abilities. I am a bit fuzzy on xmen marvel lore though.

Crimson_COMET

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Crimson_COMET

If Steppenwolf is at all comparable to DCEU WW, than he is too powerful to take a majority over with what we are limited to.

Our best dmg is Cyclop's beams, which might stretch to be enough. Other options like Wolverine Claws are too risky to be in close range.

But than we lack any speed or durability to evade or take incoming dmg. None of the durability, skill and speed points here are viable enough to side a majority.

Its possible to win, but the majority is not in anyones favor, and this is excluding that these rounds are just about all the training and practice you get with your new gear, abilities and etc.

Hopefully the Cyclops powers give us his visor, cause without it he has proven to be unable to see. Which isn't bad with the DD skill, but its not gonna help to be blind . . .

Avatar image for deactivated-60d22a069f2ea
deactivated-60d22a069f2ea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

matt senses

Iron fist ability

Luke cage stats

4+4+2=10