Snoke vs Palpatine

• 120 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PhoenixTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By PhoenixTitan
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Couldn't find this anywhere.

• Takes place in Snoke's royal palace.
  • Anything goes.
  • No prep or knowledge.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Sidious still stomps. Snoke has the raw power, but Sidious has both the raw power and the far greater skills to use it. Especially since Snoke has no lightsaber feats, he is very vulnerable to anyone who he can't stomp with the Force.

Royal_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Snoke would be destroyed by Ventress or Savage let alone sidious

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Erkan12

To remind it, Snoke's Praetorian Guards were stated to be more powerful than the Emperor's Royal Guards, and they were more crowded. You can guess why, Snoke doesn't have a lightsaber and he doesn't seem like a duelist, he simply relies on his raw Force powers. If you put him without his guards against someone who he can't overpower in a Force contest, he should lose. Of course this is for now, since we still didn't see any CqC feats from Snoke and he is relying on his personal Guards too much.

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erkan12: He should have some degree of skill though. I know Luke taught Ben lightsaber combat, but does it not make sense for Snoke to be the one to help him adapt his style to his crossguard saber?

Also, when was it stated that Snoke's guard was more powerful? I must of missed that.

Avatar image for proteusxmanrxis
ProteusXManRxis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Snoke would be destroyed by Ventress or Savage let alone sidious

Avatar image for thetopcontender
TheTopContender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheTopContender

Man they sure screwed up with this guy in the film. All the hype for nothing.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Erkan12
@kingcrimson said:

when was it stated that Snoke's guard was more powerful? I must of missed that.

It's the opinion of the director. According to him, they were like samurai and they have ''built to move'' , ''more dangerous''...

“The Emperor’s guards were very formal, and you always got the sense that they could fight, but they didn’t. They looked like they were more ceremonial, and you never really saw them in action. The Praetorians, my brief to [costume designer] Michael Kaplan was that those guys have to be more like samurai. They have to be built to move, and you have to believe that they could step forward and engage if they have to. They have to seem dangerous.”

--- Rian Johnson
CRAAAAZYYYAPES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We will never know the answer to this question. Snoke does not have any more feats to look upon.

Avatar image for firestormfate1919
FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Palpatine destroys Snoke.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sidious slaughters.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

@erkan12: He should have some degree of skill though. I know Luke taught Ben lightsaber combat, but does it not make sense for Snoke to be the one to help him adapt his style to his crossguard saber?

Also, when was it stated that Snoke's guard was more powerful? I must of missed that.

Football coach can teach a player alot about football, does not mean the coach can prefrom anywhere close to the player.

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah Palps wrecks.

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What are Sidious’ canon feats outside of stalemating Yoda and his force lightning. Snoke had some pretty impressive ones with Hux, Ren and Rey. Sidious is a beast but most of what I knew about him being powerful came from conten that’s no longer canon -_-

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Azronger

@kingcrimson said:

No Caption Provided

Snoke's physical skills are rusty, and he is also stated to be extremely frail.

SuperGoku17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sidious stomps

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What are Sidious’ canon feats outside of stalemating Yoda and his force lightning. Snoke had some pretty impressive ones with Hux, Ren and Rey. Sidious is a beast but most of what I knew about him being powerful came from conten that’s no longer canon -_-

Stomping Maul and Savage at once in both lightsaber and Force combat, choking Dooku from across the galaxy, stomping three Jedi Masters in seconds, clouding the entire Jedi Order's ability to sense the future, pulverizing blaster-resistant lyleks with Force blasts, stomping hordes of them in lightsaber combat, frying the lightsaber-resistant lylek queen with lightning, being massively above Vader in general, among other things.

Palpatine stomps Snoke.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Does an ant have a quarrel with the boot?

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does an ant have a quarrel with the boot?

I mean yeah, of course it does. For all of the half second it takes to be crushed.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sidious wins.

LordOfTheLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Palpatine one-shots.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: they are capable of playing the game, though.

Not really. I mean, anyone can swing around a saber. Your fitness and health matter.

sportjames23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Palps stomps.

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: I know, I'm not saying he's as capable as Kylo, just that it would make sense for him to be able to use a saber.

Avatar image for back_stabbath95
Back_stabbath95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Palpatine has a lightsaber lol

Avatar image for masterskywalker
MasterSkywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Palpatine pretty easily.

Necromancer76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mismatch.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Snoke. Sidious can only make 1 black hole. Snoke can create 3 black holes.

3 > 1

Because math.

ShadowWing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azronger: thanks for the feats!! I read somewhere that it’s “implied” Snoke was in contact with Palpatine whole way out in an outer rim or something. The implication being Snoke knows things Sidious did not but that Snoke would NOT enter the main galaxy (sorry idk what else to call it) until Sidious was gone or dead. Does any of that sound familiar to you?

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanwithatan01: That's from the Aftermath books. It's not confirmed if it was Snoke that Palpatine sensed, to my knowledge, though.

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I heard it was stated that Snoke was more powerful than Sidious, which I could easily believe to be honest. But Sidious would still win if they faced each other because whereas Sidious is weaker in the Force, he is an infinitely more skilled and physical fighter.

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azronger: if it was Snoke then was he really ducking Palpatine?

I think we need way more answers on Snoke and I have a theory that he’ll be around next movie given how torn up he already looked and the precedents with Clone wars show if you know what I mean.

Sidious is my favorite SW character, so I believe even only movie feats he’ll be able at least stalemate

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Snoke easily

Sidious would get curbed by Rey

SoImMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sidious snaps Snoke in half with a gesture

Avatar image for emperor_jar_jar
Emperor_Jar_Jar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alphaq: Andy Serkis said that, and he clarified that Snoke had more resources (Even though that doesn't make sense because Palaptine was the Emperor of the galaxy).

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Azronger

Andy Serkis said Snoke was more powerful than Palpatine and Vader because he had "limitless resources." Even if I cared about author/actor quotes (I don't) it still wouldn't mean anything in the context of dark side mastery or a fight.

Avatar image for emperor_jar_jar
Emperor_Jar_Jar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azronger: Even then, that doesn't make sense, because Palpatine was Emperor of the Empire, which is greater than the FO.

RogueLioness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: "Football coach can teach a player alot about football, does not mean the coach can prefrom anywhere close to the player."

Bad and ignorant analogy - this isn't football - this is Martial Arts.

If Snoke taught Kylo combat skills - then he would be able to replicate those skills as good or better.

However, as a prodigy, Kylo could have learned to simply adapt to the cross-guard lightsaber, to fit into his style.

Standardized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: "Football coach can teach a player alot about football, does not mean the coach can prefrom anywhere close to the player."

If Snoke taught Kylo combat skills - then he would be able to replicate those skills as good or better.

However, as a prodigy, Kylo could have learned to simply adapt to the cross-guard lightsaber, to fit into his style.

And batman taught nightwing how to fight and he's nowhere near bruce's level

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

In martial arts you have students clearly surpassing the "Master" all the time. The Master just teaches forms and technique. Does not mean he is a gold winning fighter lol.

Komboing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Snoke stomps Sidious in a Force battle. This is non debatable, it isn’t even close.

Sidious destroys Snoke in a lightsaber battle. Also non debatable, it isn’t even close.

Choose your poison.

EugenSavoyen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By EugenSavoyen

Spite. Palpatine would speed blitz Snoke 10/10.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

On screen and with the prequel trilogy along with it... I would go with Sidious, not just because Snoke was a huge letdown.

zill0678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TripperZA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, I lose respect for people in these threads when they make ridiculous claims like 'Ventress and Savage' can stomp Snoke. Snoke can ragdoll Rey and Kylo, who one is of the Skywalker bloodline and has the most powerful raw energy Luke has ever felt (and Luke has stood next to Sidious and Vader); and Rey who is the lightside equivalent of Kylo and is equal in terms of force power. Snoke has the most powerful telekinesis we have seen in canon (and at long distances), can summon lightning in a fraction of a second, rip information from a person's mind without effort and can bridge two force users' minds (supposedly). Please explain to me how a decent dark assassin and an untrained brute with decent strength could even get close to Snoke. Feats do not make power, just because Ventress may have more feats, does not make her more powerful.

With regard to the question at hand, Sidious would win just with Sith Knowledge and Lightsaber skills, without more information, it is difficult to compare force feats (especially since Sidious had far more).

Amnesiak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sidious

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@komboing said:

Snoke stomps Sidious in a Force battle. This is non debatable, it isn’t even close.

Sidious destroys Snoke in a lightsaber battle. Also non debatable, it isn’t even close.

Choose your poison.

Except Snoke doesn't, and it is debatable.