Silver Age Superman vs Thor: Slugfest

• 76 results
Cahddz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Silver Age Superman vs Thor: Slugfest (75 votes)

Silver Age Superman 77%
Thor 23%

Thor has the Belt of Strength and he is in Warrior's Madness for a 20x amp in strength.

Silver Age Superman is in character.

No Caption Provided

• 
Avatar image for deactivated-5e46df20c7e13
deactivated-5e46df20c7e13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

your aware that silver age superman = pre-crisis superman. this is a mismatch

Cahddz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

your aware that silver age superman = pre-crisis superman. this is a mismatch

At this level, Thor can literally destroy 20 planets per hit.

KanyeCosby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By KanyeCosby

Superman sighs at what a mismatch this is, and Thor gets vaporized by that puff of breath.

KanyeCosby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cahddz: Pre Crisis Superman has vaporized entire stars, something hundreds of thousands of times larger than a planet, even while millions of miles away by breathing on them.

Avatar image for rampagethefirst
RampageTheFirst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By RampageTheFirst

Superman one-shots Thor even with those amps.

Cahddz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cahddz: Pre Crisis Superman has vaporized entire stars, something hundreds of thousands of times larger than a planet, even while millions of miles away by breathing on them.

Proof?

KanyeCosby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By KanyeCosby

@cahddz said:
@kanyecosby said:

Proof?

Ok

No Caption Provided

Here he casually blows out a star millions of miles away.

No Caption Provided

Here he again blows out a star with a casual puff of breath.

He has a couple other feats like moving stars and planets by blowing on them and destroying a solar system with a sneeze.

These aren’t even his high end feats btw.

kalkent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor and hulk combined could have 50 times their strength and still would get smacked by silver age superman.

Cahddz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cahddz said:
@kanyecosby said:

Proof?

Ok

No Caption Provided

Here he casually blows out a star millions of miles away.

Never says anything about the star being millions of miles away. That star also looks extremely tiny.

No Caption Provided

Here he again blows out a star with a casual puff of breath.

Superman is clearly exerting himself there and it states that it took long minutes to achieve that.

He has a couple other feats like moving stars and planets by blowing on them and destroying a solar system with a sneeze.

Thor should be more than capable of replicating those feats. They aren't anything special.

These aren’t even his high end feats btw.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

also keep in mind he flew to a different universe

Cahddz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

okay if you say

KanyeCosby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cahddz: Lol the reason why the star looks extremely tiny is because it’s far away . That why I said it’s millions of miles away. It‘s sort of like an astronaut being in space.

No Caption Provided

Just because the stars look small, doesn’t mean that that’s they’re actual size.

Because the star looks small in comparison to Superman, that must mean that it is millions of miles away, and even then that’s lowballing it. Our sun is 93 million miles away. The closest star to our solar system is light years away.

In the second scan, Superman literally says that he isn’t even out of breath after doing that.

Thor has absolutely no feats on this level, not even close. It’s completely baseless to say that he could do them. Also, I don’t know where you’re getting this assertion that Thor can destroy 20 planets with one blow. He has never done that before. He only destroyed one planet while in a Warrior Madness mode. Also, destroying a solar system with a sneeze is way above destroying 20 planets. First of all, our solar system is billions of times larger than the actual planets inside of it, so being able to destroy the entire thing is much more impressive than just destroying 20 planets. Secondly, Superman did that with a sneeze, not even a punch. If a sneeze can destroy a solar system, imagine what a punch could do.

Pre Crisis Superman has oneshotted a machine which was no selling the Big Bang, punched someone across the distance of the entire universe at quintillions of times the speed of light, traded blows with a guy that created a universe, and altered timelines with his punches. He literally as a child dragged a galaxy worth of planets effortlessly across the universe. As a child, he threw a neutron star one billion light years away into another galaxy. Thor has nothing on this level. He’s less than an ant in comparison to this version of Superman. This version of Thor would have trouble even beating Post Crisis Superman, let alone Pre Crisis.

This is not even getting into the fact that Superman has a massive combat speed advantage.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This guy is obviously a Thor fanboy

Avatar image for deactivated-5c60dc252a2af
deactivated-5c60dc252a2af

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman spanks Slowdinson lol. There is a reason people don't use SA Clark in battle often. He is simply too op.

Cahddz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Cahddz

@cahddz: Lol the reason why the star looks extremely tiny is because it’s far away . That why I said it’s millions of miles away. It‘s sort of like an astronaut being in space.

It didn't say that it was millions of miles away and it certainly doesn't look like it.

No Caption Provided

Just because the stars look small, doesn’t mean that that’s they’re actual size.

Need some more context to back that up.

Because the star looks small in comparison to Superman, that must mean that it is millions of miles away, and even then that’s lowballing it. Our sun is 93 million miles away. The closest star to our solar system is light years away.

It doesn't have to mean that it was millions of miles away. You just made that up.

In the second scan, Superman literally says that he isn’t even out of breath after doing that.

And yet it still took time for him to accomplish that. Obviously, it wasn't easy for him.

Thor has absolutely no feats on this level, not even close.

He sure does.

It’s completely baseless to say that he could do them.

Thor can destroy planets on his base-level, I don't see why he couldn't if he's 20 times more powerful.

Also, I don’t know where you’re getting this assertion that Thor can destroy 20 planets with one blow. He has never done that before. He only destroyed one planet while in a Warrior Madness mode.

Also, destroying a solar system with a sneeze is way above destroying 20 planets. First of all, our solar system is billions of times larger than the actual planets inside of it,

The Solar System that Superman destroyed definitely wasn't as large as our own.

so being able to destroy the entire thing is much more impressive than just destroying 20 planets. Secondly, Superman did that with a sneeze, not even a punch. If a sneeze can destroy a solar system, imagine what a punch could do.

Pre Crisis Superman has oneshotted a machine which was no selling the Big Bang

Pre Crisis Superman also has feats where he has been unable to push a moon. What's so impressive about him? Why are you treating his 'high-end' feats as things he can casually accomplish? I can counter that by throwing Thor fighting the Celestials at you. That's way above Superman's pay-grade.

, punched someone across the distance of the entire universe at quintillions of times the speed of light, traded blows with a guy that created a universe, and altered timelines with his punches. He literally as a child dragged a galaxy worth of planets effortlessly across the universe. As a child, he threw a neutron star one billion light years away into another galaxy. Thor has nothing on this level. He’s less than an ant in comparison to this version of Superman. This version of Thor would have trouble even beating Post Crisis Superman, let alone Pre Crisis.

This is not even getting into the fact that Superman has a massive combat speed advantage.

When you're durable enough to withstand attacks from Celestials, Galactus, and Odin, speed doesn't matter.

Avatar image for rampagethefirst
RampageTheFirst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol OP is clearly a fanboy who is trying his best to lowball on-panel feats and clearly has a winner in mind while arguing for Thor, which is not allowed.

Superman one-shots.

Cahddz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol OP is clearly a fanboy who is trying his best to lowball on-panel feats and clearly has a winner in mind while arguing for Thor, which is not allowed.

Superman one-shots.

No. It's just a visual interpretation of the artwork.

MUVDCU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cahddz: Silver age Superman moved all the planets from one dying universe to another healthier Universe at once and was flying MFTL the entire time. He has gone so fast that he was about to destroy the universe simply because he was moving too fast.

He can punch people backward or forward in time. Or just punch them to the other side of the universe. All of this is way beyond 20 planets. Also his sneeze destroyed a solar system. It's vastly better than Thor swinging Mjolnir and Destroying 20 planets lol. It's a damn sneeze. He also literally flew to another unviserse in mere seconds to sneeze.

Thor would be weaker and dramtically too slow to even perceive him.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor better hope that Superman doesnt sneeze.

Cahddz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@muvdcu said:

@cahddz: Silver age Superman moved all the planets from one dying universe to another healthier Universe at once and was flying MFTL the entire time. He has gone so fast that he was about to destroy the universe simply because he was moving too fast.

He can punch people backward or forward in time. Or just punch them to the other side of the universe. All of this is way beyond 20 planets. Also his sneeze destroyed a solar system. It's vastly better than Thor swinging Mjolnir and Destroying 20 planets lol. It's a damn sneeze. He also literally flew to another unviserse in mere seconds to sneeze.

Thor would be weaker and dramtically too slow to even perceive him.

Not bad:

1. Thor has lifted the Midgard Serpent, which requires multi-planetary level strength.
  2. Thor has damaged Galactus.
  3. Thor has withstood attacks from Odin.
  4. Thor has withstood attacks from Celestials.
  5. Thor has withstood the gravity of a Neutron Star.
  6. Thor can stop time with Mjolnir.
  7. Thor can BFR time.

Take that an amplify it by 20.

Cognitive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Serpent feat was debunked.

MUVDCU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cahddz: Yeah, I did and it is around 12 billion times weaker Than Silver Age Superman.

Cahddz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@muvdcu said:

@cahddz: Yeah, I did and it is around 12 billion times weaker Than Silver Age Superman.

No, not really. Silver Age Superman had trouble pushing a moon. Thor has destroyed moons before.

MUVDCU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By MUVDCU

@cahddz: Silver age Superman has reacted to a laser being fired at Earth move the Earth out of the way of the laser. Show me Thor doing something even 150th as impressive as that for reaction speed in moving something too heavy and less than a millisecond. That's not even like one millionth of what Superman is capable of still. It's a mismatch.

MUVDCU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By MUVDCU

@cahddz: Show me Thor moving 100 planets at once even while flying faster than light.

You can't so the debate is over. I seriously hope you are joking with all this crap. Thor is not anywhere near SA Superman even with a 20 times amp.

Cahddz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@muvdcu said:

@cahddz: Silver age Superman has reacted to a laser being fired at Earth move the Earth out of the way of the laser. Show me toward doing something 150th is impressive is that like for reaction speed in moving something too heavy and less than a millisecond. That's not even like one millionth of what Superman is capable of still. It's a mismatch.

Thor can stop time.

Cahddz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@muvdcu said:

@cahddz: Show me Thor moving 100 planets at once even while flying faster than light.

You can't so the debate is over. I seriously hope you are joking with all this crap. Thor is not anywhere near SA Superman even with a 20 times amp.

Want to 1v1 CaV? I'll rek you.

MUVDCU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cahddz: Ok. He barely ever does it and he almost never uses it properly. Show me some amazing feats of his Time Stop Prowess specifically against people that are in the top 5 fastest people in Marvel. I'm talking the Runner, Makkari etc.

Cahddz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@muvdcu said:

@cahddz: Ok. He barely ever does it and he almost never uses it properly. Show me some amazing feats of his Time Stop Prowess specifically against people that are in the top 5 fastest people in Marvel. I'm talking the Runner, Makkari etc.

Superman had a hard time pushing a moon, meanwhile Thor busted moons during his fight against Gorr.

MUVDCU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By MUVDCU

@cahddz: I don't do CaVs but you should challenge someone that does. I'm like 10000000 percent sure their character will win. Although the thing about CaVs is it's who debated better so you could still win but based on what I'm seeing so far I doubt it.

Cahddz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@muvdcu said:

@cahddz: I don't do CaVs but you should challenge someone that does. I'm like 10000000 percebt sure their character will win. Although the thing about CaVs is it's who debated better so you coulf still win but based on what I'm seeing so far I doubt it.

Wrong. I know Superman Pre-Crisis' lower end feats and will easily counter everything posted above.

MUVDCU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By MUVDCU

You haven't so far. So show some feats that actually prove something. I haven't seen anything from you.

Cahddz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@muvdcu said:

You haven't so far. So show some feats that actually prove something. I haven't seen anything from you.

Don't need to.

MUVDCU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cahddz: You still have to show Thor moving multiple planets while travelling MFTL. Even if you do SA Superman is still literally millions to billions of times better. Show Thor Time Stopping someone that is as Fast or Faster than Wally West Flash mid rush. Show Thor tanking a physcial attack that Knocked him from one side of the Universe to the other?

MUVDCU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By MUVDCU

@cahddz: So why is a 20 Times amped Thor losing a Poll against SA Superman then?

Thor is so much better but you don't have anything to show it, lol makes sense to me.

Also you aren't even supposed to debate if you make the topic. You had a winner in mind too which is against rules.

Cahddz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@muvdcu said:

@cahddz: You still have to show Thor moving multiple planets while travelling MFTL. Even if you do SA Superman is still literally millions to billions of times better. Show Thor Time Stopping someone that is as Fast or Faster than Wally West Flash mid rush. Show Thor tanking a physcial attack that Knocked him from one side of the Universe to the other?

You're using Superman's high end feats and treating them as things he normally does. He doesn't. He's normally weaker than that. That makes your argument wrong to begin with and there is no reason for me to even address that because it is simply a matter of common sense.

Cahddz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Cahddz

<p><span data-message-user="reply"><a href="/profile/cahddz/" rel="" data-target="" data-nofollow="" data-embed-type="mention" data-ref-id="" data-user-slug="cahddz" data-mce-search-selected-title="" data-message="reply">@cahddz</a></span>: C&rsquo;mon dude, now you&rsquo;re just lowballing. The whole point of Superman destroying the star in the first place was to impress the guy in the scan with super feats. What do you think makes more sense, that Superman destroyed a star in order to impress him, or that he destroyed some type of tiny human sized star? If the star was just small and closeup, it would have burned the guy in the space suit to a crisp because of how close he is to it. A star the size of a human would have collapsed into a black hole anyway. It&rsquo;s just common sense that an object from far away, especially while depicted in space will look much smaller. I got millions miles because that&rsquo;s a realistic if not lowballing estimation of how far the star would have had to be in the feat. You know how ridiculous I would sound if in the scan of Thor damaging a moon thousands of miles away with the shockwave of his attacks, I said that the moon was actually just a small rock, because it doesn&rsquo;t look very big?</p><p>First of all the Warrior Madness is supposedly a ten times amp, not a twenty times one. Secondly, that&rsquo;s just a statement. Thor barely has any feats to prove that the Warrior Madness amps him even by 10 times.</p><p>Why would the solar system be smaller than ours? Our solar system is at best an average sized one. Even if it was smaller, Superman would have still had to destroy the star and the planets of the system with a sneeze, something way above Thor&rsquo;s paygrade.</p><p>I&lsquo;m pretty sure that in that moon feat you&rsquo;re talking about with Superman, it was actually a planet he struggled to move, and that was only because he had just been exposed to a form of kryptonite. Superman has already casually thrown around and played baseball with moons with Supergirl. </p><p>The difference between Superman and Thor is that he has better quantifiable feats, and they&lsquo;re much more consistent. If you want to bring in low showings, I can talk about how Thor was knocked out by a mortar shell.</p><p>The attacks that Thor has tanked from those beings aren&rsquo;t quantifiable. It isn&rsquo;t any more relevant than feats of Post Crisis Superman tanking attacks from Soulfire Darkseid or attacks from Emperor Joker. We don&rsquo;t know how much power Thor actually tanked in those feats. Those feats aren&rsquo;t going to help Thor who isn't even hypersonic in combat speed against a character that makes MFTL feats look like a joke.</p>

What?

KanyeCosby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cahddz: My post glitched out.

C’mon dude, now you’re just lowballing. The whole point of Superman destroying the star in the first place was to impress the guy in the scan with super feats. What do you think makes more sense, that Superman destroyed a star in order to impress him, or that he destroyed some type of tiny human sized star? If the star was just small and closeup, it would have burned the guy in the space suit to a crisp because of how close he is to it. A star the size of a human would have collapsed into a black hole anyway. It’s just common sense that an object from far away, especially while depicted in space will look much smaller. I got millions miles because that’s a realistic if not lowballing estimation of how far the star would have had to be in the feat. You know how ridiculous I would sound if in the scan of Thor damaging a moon thousands of miles away with the shockwave of his attacks, I said that the moon was actually just a small rock, because it doesn’t look very big?

First of all the Warrior Madness is supposedly a ten times amp, not a twenty times one. Secondly, that’s just a statement. Thor barely has any feats to prove that the Warrior Madness amps him even by 10 times.

Why would the solar system be smaller than ours? Our solar system is at best an average sized one. Even if it was smaller, Superman would have still had to destroy the star and the planets of the system with a sneeze, something way above Thor’s paygrade.

I‘m pretty sure that in that moon feat you’re talking about with Superman, it was actually a planet he struggled to move, and that was only because he had just been exposed to a form of kryptonite. Superman has already casually thrown around and played baseball with moons with Supergirl.

The difference between Superman and Thor is that he has better quantifiable feats, and they‘re much more consistent. If you want to bring in low showings, I can talk about how Thor was knocked out by a mortar shell.

The attacks that Thor has tanked from those beings aren’t quantifiable. It isn’t any more relevant than feats of Post Crisis Superman tanking the Source Wall explosion or attacks from Emperor Joker. We don’t know how much power Thor actually tanked in those feats. Those feats aren’t going to help Thor who isnt even hypersonic in combat speed against a character that makes MFTL feats look like a joke.

Cahddz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cahddz: My post glitched out.

C’mon dude, now you’re just lowballing. The whole point of Superman destroying the star in the first place was to impress the guy in the scan with super feats. What do you think makes more sense, that Superman destroyed a star in order to impress him, or that he destroyed some type of tiny human sized star? If the star was just small and closeup, it would have burned the guy in the space suit to a crisp because of how close he is to it. A star the size of a human would have collapsed into a black hole anyway. It’s just common sense that an object from far away, especially while depicted in space will look much smaller. I got millions miles because that’s a realistic if not lowballing estimation of how far the star would have had to be in the feat. You know how ridiculous I would sound if in the scan of Thor damaging a moon thousands of miles away with the shockwave of his attacks, I said that the moon was actually just a small rock, because it doesn’t look very big?

First of all the Warrior Madness is supposedly a ten times amp, not a twenty times one. Secondly, that’s just a statement. Thor barely has any feats to prove that the Warrior Madness amps him even by 10 times.

Why would the solar system be smaller than ours? Our solar system is at best an average sized one. Even if it was smaller, Superman would have still had to destroy the star and the planets of the system with a sneeze, something way above Thor’s paygrade.

I‘m pretty sure that in that moon feat you’re talking about with Superman, it was actually a planet he struggled to move, and that was only because he had just been exposed to a form of kryptonite. Superman has already casually thrown around and played baseball with moons with Supergirl.

The difference between Superman and Thor is that he has better quantifiable feats, and they‘re much more consistent. If you want to bring in low showings, I can talk about how Thor was knocked out by a mortar shell.

The attacks that Thor has tanked from those beings aren’t quantifiable. It isn’t any more relevant than feats of Post Crisis Superman tanking the Source Wall explosion or attacks from Emperor Joker. We don’t know how much power Thor actually tanked in those feats. Those feats aren’t going to help Thor who isnt even hypersonic in combat speed against a character that makes MFTL feats look like a joke.

You're using Superman's highest end feats and treating them as commonplace things that Superman routinely does. He doesn't do all those things. Your logic can be reversed because I can post scans of Thor fighting people beyond Superman and Pre-Crisis Darkseid's weight-class, but I won't because I know that it isn't a reliable interpretation of the character, which is something you don't seem to understand.

MUVDCU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-61215780523f9
deactivated-61215780523f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SA Supes.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c60dc252a2af
deactivated-5c60dc252a2af

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cahddz said:
@muvdcu said:

Don't need to.

Not exactly how debating works.

Shadow411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’m raw speed, Thor has the edge. He’s blitzed past surfer before to attack Galactus. And SS is ridiculous in speed. In terms of strength Thor, he threw a planet size snake across a Galaxy like a baseball. Durability could go either way. Reflexes is Superman’s edge. Feel like Thor takes this one though. And I’m not even about to hear speedblitz when Superman is casually tagged by Lightning speed lvl Characters. Even when he’s pissed.

Classic Thor w/ all these additional benefits makes this a mismatch. Honestly, just a few hits from Thor should have supes messed up, let alone a hammer hit

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Superman throws a solar system at him.

Avatar image for deactivated-61469eb5765d0
deactivated-61469eb5765d0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Look at the arguments then the amount of posts the OP has. Don't feed the troll and lock it up

KanyeCosby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cahddz: This version of Superman has a vast multitude of feats that show he completely outclasses Thor. You can’t call of them inconsistent when he has so many of those kind of feats. You have yet to show any feats for Thor that show that could even beat Post Crisis, let alone Pre Crisis.

from_beyond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SA Supes stomps Thor. The thread should be locked.