Winner by KO separated by unlimited 5 minute rounds

No movie feats for Bruce

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Bruce Lee wasn't a real fighter like Chuck Norris was. He didn't really compete. Without Movie feats he gets destroyed.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Spambot

@lukehero: He was a real fighter to some degree, its just that he didn't train to compete in competition. He fought guys in real life a few times(as in against highly trained martial artists) with one of them being essentially to the death. He also got in numerous street fights in Hong Kong before his dad sent him to America and in quite a few fights over here after he came over. Chuck Norris also once said that if Bruce didn't want to be touched there was no way to touch him as well has having punches timed as being much faster than Chuck and his top students. I don't think Ronda would win if Bruce took the fight seriously.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bruce gets absolutely annihilated.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bruce Lee didn't compete but I don't think its fair for everyone to say he wasn't a real fighter and would just get stomped by everyone, like so many people do. The guy created his own martial art and was very fast and athletic, and he was a real fighter. You don't have to compete to be legit.

I just wanted to put that out there, Ronda would probably win. I doubt Lee can handle her ground work.

itzxsloth345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ip man takes both on

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@itzxsloth345: Has IP man vs Bruce with movie feats been done? That'd be a good one.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In a street fight I'd back Bruce Lee. more strength feats like kicking heavy punching bags to the ceiling, leaving his thumb print in (oak?) wood, benching 300lbs at like 160lbs, cameras having to slow down in order to track his movements, pushing people far away with the infamous one in punch, had insane stamina. His only real disadvantage is UFC ruleset and not having much ground game to my knowledge.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

Bruce Lee didn't compete but I don't think its fair for everyone to say he wasn't a real fighter and would just get stomped by everyone, like so many people do.

Why not? Give me one reason not to think that. The man was an actor who never fought a day in his life.

The guy created his own martial art

And?

was very fast and athletic

Real fighters are pretty fast and athletic too, you know..

and he was a real fighter.

No.

You don't have to compete to be legit.

Oh? And what do you need to do? What is this arbitrary quota you need to fill to be considered "legit"?

Name one person who has never competed who could beat a super-low tier UFC fighter like Cathal Pendred. You can't do it.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Name one person who has never competed who could beat a super-low tier UFC fighter like Cathal Pendred. You can't do it.

Andre the Gaint.

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mtuske

@darthaznable: Is there any video evidence of him doing any of those? Bruce has so much hype but no proof which if he could bench 300 would have been recorded. The punching feat had to do with the technology. Not that he wasn't fast tho.

Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am not touching this. Especially because of some special users who get antsy over simple opinions. Even if we can't really tell who'd win in a hypothetical fight.

L. D.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot: Yeah, but when would Chuck ever say a bad word about Bruce. You can't just take the word of a friend. Anything that comes out of Chuck's mouth on Bruce is biased as hell.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SheenLantern

@comicstooge: Oh yes, known for his supreme submission skills and crisp striking, amiright?

There's such a thing as diminishing returns when it comes to advanced size, guys like Zuluzinho, Choi Hong-Man, Giant Silva and Andre The Giant have all passed it. EDIT: Oh yes, and how could I forget Akebono?

Pendred heel-hooks him instantly.

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By AtheistKnowledge

People underestimate just how fast Bruce Lee was...

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DarthAznable

@mtuske: Most of it is in his book. But who really knows? I'd ask him myself but yknow.

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@llehdevil: Don't let them ruin it. No opinion is wrong.

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mtuske

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=674968

Lmao Bruce Lee convos always go wrong

@darthaznable

itzxsloth345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mtuske: As far as I know, I dont think so, and I agree it would on movies. iRL ip man would likely throw bruce around. But I just made an ong bak vs ipman thread! Go vote on that!

Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mtuske: Thank you sir, every man can try his best. And bodybuilding.com are full of coconut-heads when it comes to these hypothetical battles, oh dear.

L. D.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

@comicstooge: Oh yes, known for his supreme submission skills and crisp striking, amiright?

There's such a thing as diminishing returns when it comes to advanced size, guys like Zuluzinho, Choi Hong-Man, Giant Silva and Andre The Giant have all passed it. EDIT: Oh yes, and how could I forget Akebono?

Pendred heel-hooks him instantly.

I was trolling, boss.

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#22  Edited By Straight-Fire

Rowdy. And this should be moved to Off-Topic.

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By mtuske
Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#24  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

Ronda stomps.

Lee is nowhere near skilled enough to match Rousey.

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mtuske: Because these two arent fictional characters.

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dboyrules2011: Is that in the rules that they can't be real? We've had lots of battles with real people.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ronda

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: I doubt there was much bias in what Chuck had to say about him. I don't think Chuck is the sort of person to just make stuff up. Its not like they were that close either. He had an inordinate amount of respect for Bruce's abilities and quickness.

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot: Chuck would kick the ever loving **** out of Bruce. 183-10 beats 0-0 all day. He was being polite to a friend.

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mtuske: Yep, its a rule I believe.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Spambot

@mtuske: Bruce was in plenty of fights in his life. Against some guys who had trained for decades and were considered top teachers. Chuck may have beaten Bruce but then again who knows. Chuck did have a big size advantage on him but size and raw strength don't always mean that much in a martial arts fight. I don't think you could possibly say that Chuck would destroy Bruce in a hypothetical fight even if that's how you feel personally. I don't think any of the guys Chuck faced in competition had anywhere near the training Bruce had either by teachers such as Ip Man.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot said:

@lukehero: I doubt there was much bias in what Chuck had to say about him. I don't think Chuck is the sort of person to just make stuff up. Its not like they were that close either. He had an inordinate amount of respect for Bruce's abilities and quickness.

There is a difference between overpraise and being a liar. Everyone is biased even Chuck. I don't know how close they were and neither do you. Sorry, but I can't take Chuck words as evidence. And as far as Bruce getting in street fights goes, if we are gonna hang on to everyone's stories then Ronda had one where she beats up a crowd of guys in a movie theater as a little girl. So...

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot: Bruce was in plenty of hypothetical fights that nobody has proof of. Chuck bitch smacks him. Bruce was too scared to fight professionally because he would lose and ruin his acting career which is what he was. An actor.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: It isn't meant to be a story. Just a comment by Chuck to give an idea of the respect he had for his quickness and ability. Make of it w/e you will. It doesn't really matter to me one way or another. This is all just nonsense anyhow.

minutemen_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By minutemen_64

Bruce by a mile , despite being very small and not weighing that much he actually lifted weights and for his size was super human

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/3470262_f260.jpg

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ-GqrE-I1kDDQgHat0Zww_FHsdI0WdkruXjBT9_N7b_3DgXcjv

Bruce is way stronger , on top of that he has inhuman reflexes , he could do a push up with two fingers and he's a master of mutible fighting styles as he is the grandfather of mma , she would give him a good fight but l think it would be more of a challenge lf u put him in the feather weight agasnt the top guys in that , just my opinion.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By mickey-mouse

@dboyrules2011 said:

@mtuske: Yep, its a rule I believe.

If a fight doesn't involve at least 1 fictional character technically it's supposed to be in off topic, but nobody really enforces it.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Spambot

@mtuske: o god. You have no idea what would happen in a hypothetical fight between the two of them regardless of how much you think you do. There wasn't even really such a thing as professional martial arts fighting back then. The amount of money being won by Chuck was minimal at best. Bruce most likely felt he had nothing to gain or prove by taking part in us karate championships. It would be like how Americans view Japanese baseball. Bruce was doing his own thing. Him beating a bunch of Americans would prob have meant nothing to him after being trained by a legendary Asian martial artist.

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@minutemen_64: All 84 people I was in boot camp with could do 2 fingered push ups so i'm sure Ronda could do that unimpressive feat. He is also in no way inhuman. He is also not really the grandfather of MMA because he never faught anybody. He's just an actor with a black belt

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot: All fights in the battle thread are nonsense, it's all hypothetical horsepoop. But, it's meant to be silly, dumb, fun. There still ways of using logic and having fun. :D

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#40 HigorM  Moderator

Ronda would end up breaking his leg.

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By mtuske

@spambot: No Bruce realized he would get his ass kicked and his movies would be crap. Btw Bruce would not win 1 fight in the MMA.

AbramDaAwesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By AbramDaAwesome

It's upsetting to see some people talk crap on a dead man who paved the way for martial arts as we know it :(

As for the fight I'm biased so I'm staying out of it because I cant stand Rhonda, I think her attitude is deplorable.

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abramdaawesome: I think a martial artist who made money off his fake fighting was too much of a coward too have any sanctioned fights.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By DarthAznable

@mtuske: Ugh I hate BB.com. One of the worst fitness websites on the web in terms of information and their forms are worse than someplace like Killermovies.

ClassicRainbow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bruce Lee over Ronda Rousey.

AbramDaAwesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mtuske: your opinion of Bruce is flawed. he did have fights but they weren't hyped and done at home since it was the custom at that time

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthaznable: Lol definitely but it's hilarious reading their commments.

AbramDaAwesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By AbramDaAwesome

@mtuske: also from the way you make it make it sound you're trained, so just out of curiosity what martial arts and where?

Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mtuske: your opinion of Bruce is flawed. he did have fights but they weren't hyped and done at home since it was the custom at that time

Prove he had real fights, you can't prove it without video. Training and sparing don't count btw. Bruce was a movie star, a smart one but a movie star nonetheless. Ronda would murder him in a fight.

@higorm said:

Ronda would end up breaking his leg.

More like arm considering she goes for arm bars more than anything...

People underestimate just how fast Bruce Lee was...

Lol Nope, he would get wrecked. Does not matter how fast he was he does not have fight experience like ronda. Ronda would take him down btw, easily. She has taken down male MMA fighter sparing and she has knocked out male mma fighters in the gym(according to brendan shaub whom is a ufc fighter.)

ronda wrecks him.

In a street fight I'd back Bruce Lee. more strength feats like kicking heavy punching bags to the ceiling, leaving his thumb print in (oak?) wood, benching 300lbs at like 160lbs, cameras having to slow down in order to track his movements, pushing people far away with the infamous one in punch, had insane stamina. His only real disadvantage is UFC ruleset and not having much ground game to my knowledge.

You do realize most of those feats are tall tales and or fake, right? The one inch punch is not a punch btw, it is a push basically. The one inch punch is kind of like a bad magic trick, it's fake but can trick gullible people. The oak wood thumb print has to be fake, that is not possible to do with living oak wood. Have you ever kicked a heavy bag? He did not kick it to the ceiling. Please show me a video of it because it either did not happen or that is not a real heavy bag.

Bruce lee has faked things before, he has had people with pads jump back to make it seem like he is hitting harder than he is. He is a magician and an actor and he would get wrecked in either a street fight or a cage fight.

Bruce Lee over Ronda Rousey.

Over? Do you mean she throws him over her head?

BRUCE GETS WRECKED

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sheenlantern: Chuck Norris respected his skill and said he was great to spar with. He got in real fights and won them. So what he was an actor? He really did all those moves. Ronda rousey was in movies too, but she can do the moves in reality. No stunt doubles needed. You have to be skilled to create a martial art still used today. He was a legend for a reason. And so what people are fast today? That doesnt discredit my point at all.

You just need to be trained and experienced to be legit. Bruce Lee is legit. He was the real deal. He could fight. The only real argument people have is that he never competed, but competing doesn't mean you are a real fighter. Bruce Lee had real martial arts skill. Him not competing doesn't take that away from him. There are many people who are very skilled fighters but don't compete for various reasons. I'm not sure why its now considered cool to say bad things about Bruce Lee. I'm going to take chuck Norris word, his creation of a martial art, and his skill shown in movies over you just saying he's not a real fighter for no reason.