Raiden (Metal Gear) runs Star Wars game protagonist gauntlet, (READ OP)

• 56 results
PawlNewman01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By PawlNewman01
"I'am Lightning; The Rain Transformed"

Rules:

• In character,
  • No knowledge,
  • Standard gear for all,
  • Both groups are given feats from their respective games,
  • Everyone is at their peak,
  • Raiden is healed before each match,
  • Let's assume that a High Frequency Blade can withstand a lightsaber,
  • Winner by any means necessary.

Gauntlet:

1. Iden Versio (Battlefront II),
  2. Jango Fett (Bounty Hunter),
  3. Cal Kestis (Jedi: Fallen Order),
  4. Jaden Korr (Jedi Knight III: Jedi Academy),
  5. Kyle Katarn (Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast),
  6. Revan (Knights of the Old Republic),
  7. Galen Marek/Starkiller (The Force Unleashed).

• The starting distance is 50 metres apart.
No Caption Provided

How far does he get? (If there's something wrong with the gauntlet's order, let me know).

Strike3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd think any of the adults could catch and hold him in place, then tk tear him apart.

PawlNewman01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

kaijuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its simple, TK or bust.

Beta_Stage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1-4 might as well be fodder here. 5-6 are interesting. Through scaling, Jaden and Kyle should be faster than Raiden but it is hard to say for sure. They could beat him down using the Force but, in character, both prefer to slug it out. So those rounds could go either way. Round 7: Raiden gets stomped. Starkiller's entire schtick is abusing Force powers. He (quite literally) crushes him.

PawlNewman01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

PawlNewman01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

PawlNewman01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By PawlNewman01

@beta_stage: I've slightly changed the gauntlet, decided to make it purely game based, what are your opinions now?

AotD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clears if its Revengeance Raiden, stops at 5 if MGS 4 Raiden.

Beta_Stage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Beta_Stage

@pawlnewman01: Since it is purely game based now, 1-3 are pure fodder. 4-5 are mostly the same but leaning more towards Raiden due to outpacing blaster bolts being not as impressive. 5 is interesting: from a pure visual standpoint, KOTOR characters are incredibly slow. But ,from a in-universe standpoint, Force abilities like Master Speed make Jedi move superhumanly fast. Leaning more towards Revan due to in-character Force abuse. Though harder, Starkiller still literally crushes him. He is to cartoonish.

R4zerSh4rp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just 1 MFTL EU Clone Trooper with an EU FTL++ blaster solos the Metal Gear universe.

Beta_Stage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12 said:

Lol at the clearing, stops at 4, gets stomped by all other rounds. Blasters are Light speed in the EU and all those guys are casual blaster timers, Raiden is a statue in comparison. Not to mention fact that monsters like Reaven and Galen are lightyears above him AP/ stats wise

While that is true, the OP specifically say the characters get feats from their respective games. Blaster bolts are no where near lightspeed in Outcast, Academy, KOTOR (definitely not this one), or TFU.

LucasCosta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kaijuking: Wasn't Raiden able to avoid Miss Fortune TK?

Legitimate asking since i don't remember it too well.

Beta_Stage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12: ... Characters bob & weave and duck under blaster fire after the bolts leave the barrel in KOTOR. All characters, not just Jedi. In Outcast and Academy, bolts can be casually side stepped before getting access to Force Speed. I'll give you TFU because you play as a Force Übermensch throughout the entire game and NPCs never dodge blaster bolts.

AotD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12: dude blasters might be light speed only in books at best but you cant take it serious as statement as none person in games or movies deflecting blasters actually perform a speed of light movements, none jedi or sith actually perform even something close to Raiden attack speed on Revengeance which is far away from speed of light

so logic that oh blasters are LS > jedi/sith deflecting blasters > jedi/sith would wreck Raiden; that chain just completely destroyed by actual settings.

in fact if blasters were really LS then it would be most deadly weapons in SW universe and all sith or jedi would use them rather than that crappy lightsabers

Beta_Stage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12: Except it is done in multiple cutscenes (the battle aboard the Endar Spire and Czerka vs the Wookiees of Kashyyyk being the biggest examples).

Beta_Stage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Beta_Stage

@eredin12: Go to 3:23 and watch the Sith in the back -

https://youtu.be/UN7xzhqFzp0

I can't find a video that shows the Kashyyyk finale and I am not going to spend 10 hours getting there. I am already at the end on my latest save 😆.

kaijuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kaijuking: Wasn't Raiden able to avoid Miss Fortune TK?

Legitimate asking since i don't remember it too well.

No she never used TK on him. She only had the EM device at the time, and he just dodge her Railgun electrical discharges. Raiden never dealt with direct TK, neither has Snake, or Boss for that matter. No one has used direct TK. Psycho Mantis only ever used indirect TK.

kaijuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also lol at Blaster lightspeed.

• KOTOR
  • Old Republic
  • Jedi Outcast
  • Jedi Academy
  • Clone Wars show
  • Rebels show
  • Movies
  • Clone Wars cartoon
  • Legends Comics
  • Canon Comics

and more examples all show Blasters are nowhere near lightspeed. Some sources state they are plasma base too, meaning not lasers.

I seen stupidity arguments, but damn.....

AotD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12: its called oversized effect and you cant use it as a feat by pure statement if it cannot be confirmed in practice or reality. i cannot consider blasters as light speed weapon just because someone claimed it in book while in actual games or movies it easily deflected by persons who use sweeps or speeders to traveling across the planet

Beta_Stage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Beta_Stage

@eredin12: happens 4 seconds later. I set it to 3:23 to give you time to spot it.

Beta_Stage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12:

A. Combat droid designed to fight Jedi does not equal normal human in metal suit (which is all Sith grunts are).

B. Having near lightspeed reflexes would still mean that they could not dodge a blaster bolt if the were lightspeed.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Wolfrazer

Ok we really shouldn't be taking the mechanics of KOTOR seriously, because no one is just gonna be standing there while a blaster is being fired at them or a sword is being swung and they certainly aren't gonna be standing there and let a grenade explode in their faces either and still standing afterwards.

So...let's not bring up the mechanics of KOTOR and come to the silly logic that there are FTL reaction speeds for everyone...let's not do that alright? Same with all the others.

That said, blasters in the EU are indeed A LOT faster than many give credit for. Multiple sources either have them at/near lightspeed or they are at minimum above bullet speed and into the hypersonic range. So in either case, they are ridiculously fast.

Avatar image for deactivated-63a9b6c4ccaff
deactivated-63a9b6c4ccaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AotD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12: you know you contradict simple logic by that and it looks dumbish more and more?

for react to light speed object you first of all need to reach light speed by itself and if you able to do it means you can use it when you want it. doesnt matter youre in combat or not, if you able to reach it in combat for sure you will be able to reach it outside of combat for traveling as well.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12: No the Sith Troopers aren't in any form superhuman, they are just regular people. Now that said, let's not use game mechanics and go by actual lore.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12: Putting aside Revan since i don't know much about KOTOR

Outcast Kyle gets slaughtered by Raiden. His best TK feats are wall busting and pushing pillars, his durability is...i don't even remember any relevant durability feat from him

Lightsaber heat is by rules irrelevant:

Let's assume that a High Frequency Blade can withstand a lightsaber,

And regarding the rules:

Both groups are given feats from their respective games

It's a games-only matchup (unless op says otherwise)

AotD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12: yeah travel speed and combat speed really have some differences but the point is that if you cannot reach light speed as object itself you also cannot react to another object with that speed.

speed is a value to how fast object move in a space so in a nutshell if Darth Vader cannot reach certain speed to moving as object he then also cannot react to something that already moving with that speed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12:

>My bad on this one, Outcast Kyle indeed loses

...Outcast Kyle can still deflect blaster bolts and has a lightsaber. By your logic, he should just blitz and one shot.

>Rules never state that though, we can use guidebooks that are canon to that game and stuff like that

OP specifically says feats from their respective games, not books (and especially ones that aren't related to said games, because im 100% sure, that Obi-Wan fighting Magna guards has nothing to do with any of the games here...unless you have a different definition of guidebooks)

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12: Should note, precog kinda makes Force Users cheat cheat, so it's not solely reacting since they can see the future ahead of time. They still have to move their bodies fast enough sure, but precog makes reacting a bit moot.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12: I wouldn't say useless, if they fired after it doesn't really matter since a Force User is gonna see where the shot is going regardless of when it is fired. Still speed is part of it, but I'm just saying precognition also helps out.

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 killbilly  Moderator

Fett.

PawlNewman01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By PawlNewman01

@eredin12: Sure, why not, unless the game directly contraindicates what's already estabilished in other media such as books then I see no reason why they couldn't be used, but I personally think that blasters being "lightspeed" could be slightly hyperbolic, it could just mean that they can be really fast, we know for sure that they are in hypersonic range (mach 5 and higher) given said superiority to slugthrowers, also, a question, should Jaden and Outcast Kyle be switched?, Jaden has shown superior power feats in gameplay (mostly TK) though I'm not sure if he was meant to be superior in the verse, Academy Kyle is obviously superior to his student tho.