vs Mothership and all her smaller ships in movie

No Caption Provided

no Jeff Goldblum in this fight.

No Caption Provided

Additions to Avengers team

No Caption Provided

&

No Caption Provided

Scenario: S.H.I.E.L.D has found a startling discovery from their intelligence gathering, a supposed "wormhole" has surfaced at the edge of the solar system near Pluto, they decide to study the activity further for the following 2 days until a massive ship enters through the portal. S.H.I.E.L.D decide to study this gigantic aircraft as in steadily passes through Neptune, Jupiter etc. They discover that asteroids and projectiles bounce off of it's "shield" But there has been insufficient info on the shield or what the ships material are made of. A few "secret" space ships go to intercept the gigantic object but are never heard from again after closing in. S.H.I.E.L.D takes this as an act of aggression and prepare the Avengers to assemble and tell them of the threat however S.H.I.E.L.D does discover the ship is made up of smaller ships in a far faster time than in the movie and discover the metal of the ships is not of any earth material.

On this earth, there have been no crashed landings of the fighter planes from this race of aliens, so there is no data to get a real understanding of their intentions nor are there any bodies of this race, so the "stealth fighter plane landing into mothership" plan won't work in this scenario, and also the alien ships can not be controlled by Iron man and Jarvis in this scenario, however shield hacking is allowed to take down the shields. The Avengers form plans as the ship hovers pass the moon. S.H.I.E.L.D plans to fight along the Avengers with their helicarriers. Iron man, Hulk, Thor, Captain America, War Machine, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Falcon, Quicksilver, Vision, and Scarlett Witch. along with all three helicarriers from Winter Soldier must defeat this threat to the earth.

Again, the Avengers can not control the alien crafts or mothership but virus's are allowed to disable shields.

Also, the Aliens decide to speed up their process of global domination after discovering S.H.I.E.L.D gathering more knowledge than they thought would be exposed and they start by sending a ground troop of 100,000 aliens into New York. (This so street level guys have something to do during the fight) The army decides to bring ground troops along with Avengers street level players to battle them.

Avatar image for homicidalmaniac
homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

Need to rewatch ID

Avatar image for albertphytagoras
Albertphytagoras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Hulk and Thor are the only hopes.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Hulk and Thor battle the ships on earth while Fury, Cap, Iron and the rest head towards the mother ship to take them all down. But the aliens have the advantage here.

They lose without Russell .

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_philosoraptor_: did you only just do this thread because Independence Day was just on TV?

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Shawnbaby

Tony Solos.

The Aliens in ID were defeated because of a computer virus.

Avatar image for _philosoraptor_
_Philosoraptor_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By _Philosoraptor_
Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Xanni15

I think the Avengers have this. No, they wouldn't be able to break through the shields, but eventually Stark or Thor would figure out to attack them when they're about to fire. The smaller fighters wouldn't be a problem at all, but clearly the team does have some useless members (Hawkeye, Natasha, maybe even Cap and Hulk) so it might just be Tony and Thor against them all. The numbers might be enough to tire out Tony and make it a one man fight.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Noone301994

I think the Avengers could take this with high difficulty.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MonsterStomp

Avengers lose. The aliens in ID have so much more firepower than the Chitauri and I don't see anyone figuring out the "cold" thing in time.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

If Goldblum can take them down with a mac book I doubt Tony Stark would have too big a problem, Also Hulk and Thor could probably handle anything that was thrown at them.

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stark tech ftw

afueikawa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Goldblum can take them down with a mac book I doubt Tony Stark would have too big a problem, Also Hulk and Thor could probably handle anything that was thrown at them.

QFT.

Tony and Jarvis will deal with the tech, and once the shields are down, rest of the team can go for the kill.

Or Shield can deliver a nuke to the mother ship and just like the movie, you know what would happen below.

As per OP statement, Thor, Hulk and Loki would play a big role.

@xanni15 said:

I think the Avengers have this. No, they wouldn't be able to break through the shields, but eventually Stark or Thor would figure out to attack them when they're about to fire. The smaller fighters wouldn't be a problem at all, but clearly the team does have some useless members (Hawkeye, Natasha, maybe even Cap and Hulk) so it might just be Tony and Thor against them all. The numbers might be enough to tire out Tony and make it a one man fight.

Except Hulk mate, he can jump high right? and smash. If a dark dude can KO a squid, Natasha and Hawkeye could.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By kidchipotle

Literally am watching Independence Day right now!

But MCU Avengers take this.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By joshmightbe

@afueikawa: They never specify his distance in the movie but in the comics at base level Hulk has been a range of about 3 to 5 miles without a running start so if that holds for the MCU then if they get him good and pissed Hulk could probably reach any ship within Earth's atmosphere. Also there's no proof that their shields could take the force Hulk is capable of producing. Sure they blocked a nuke but that could have been energy repelling.

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: Thor or Tony could also just drop him off while in the area and tell him to break shit.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By joshmightbe

@mtuske: Wouldn't even need to tell him, just point him toward the bad guys.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Will Smith knocked out an alien with his barehand...Avengers got this.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Xanni15

@joshmightbe said:

They never specify his distance in the movie but in the comics at base level Hulk has been a range of about 3 to 5 miles without a running start so if that holds for the MCU then if they get him good and pissed Hulk could probably reach any ship within Earth's atmosphere.

There's no proof of that, Hulk being pissed in the movies didn't allow him to jump that distance so we can't say for sure that that speculation will hold true.

Also there's no proof that their shields could take the force Hulk is capable of producing. Sure they blocked a nuke but that could have been energy repelling.

There's also no proof that Hulk hits harder than a nuke, nor that the shields are only energy repelling, nor that the shields couldn't take the Hulk's hits. Plus I seriously doubt Hulk can jump that high anyway, so unless they're dropping him out of a plane, he's not getting there.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xanni15: Both of your points are true. There are a lot of unknown variables in this fight but I'm still thinking that the Avengers win this because in the movies humans won without a Hulk or Thunder God so if anything Earth will have less trouble with them here.

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xanni15: What's stopping Thor or Tony once he brings down the shields from flying him up there

Avatar image for theblackswordsman
TheBlackSwordsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In a battle only, and without Tony uploading a virus, the aliens stomp because of vehicle energy shields, accurate firepower, much better vehicles than the chitauri, and sheer numbers. All of which surpass the Chitauri by a great deal in every aspect.

Iron Man and Thor would last the longest but neither could get through the vehicle energy shields and both would eventually be defeated.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Xanni15

@mtuske: And how are they going to get the shields down? Also to get up to the mothership they'd need one of the alien crafts plus have to replicate Goldblum's plan. Easy said than done as Stark is way cockier.

@joshmightbe: I don't disagree.

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By mtuske

@theblackswordsman: I think enough blunt force can drop the shields

Doesn't have to be a virus

afueikawa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xanni15 said:

@joshmightbe said:

They never specify his distance in the movie but in the comics at base level Hulk has been a range of about 3 to 5 miles without a running start so if that holds for the MCU then if they get him good and pissed Hulk could probably reach any ship within Earth's atmosphere.

There's no proof of that, Hulk being pissed in the movies didn't allow him to jump that distance so we can't say for sure that that speculation will hold true.

@joshmightbe said:

Also there's no proof that their shields could take the force Hulk is capable of producing. Sure they blocked a nuke but that could have been energy repelling.

There's also no proof that Hulk hits harder than a nuke, nor that the shields are only energy repelling, nor that the shields couldn't take the Hulk's hits. Plus I seriously doubt Hulk can jump that high anyway, so unless they're dropping him out of a plane, he's not getting there.

Well, if this was Hulk in the 1st movie, probably he could. He's jump back then was so high, but on later installations, I think they downgraded it somehow.

To be fair, the alien ships did tanked nuke and sh*ts from humans but didn't tank a crash landing, I don't get the logic, so probably, they can only tank energy-based weapons and bullets.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xanni15: Simple answer they didn't have wifi when the movie came out, Iron Man does have it and an OS way more powerful than a Mac Book so he may not need to be on the mother ship.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: Your guess is as good as mine. lol

Either way the Heroes win

Avatar image for _philosoraptor_
_Philosoraptor_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theblackswordsman: Tony is allowed to find a way around the virus in this scenario, it just hasn't been exposed yet.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By joshmightbe

@xanni15: Tho if we're really getting into semantics the ID4 aliens wouldn't get within a billion light years of Earth if they knew Thanos was interested in it.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron Man would create the virus using Jarvis

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xanni15 said:

@mtuske: And how are they going to get the shields down? Also to get up to the mothership they'd need one of the alien crafts plus have to replicate Goldblum's plan. Easy said than done as Stark is way cockier.

@joshmightbe: I don't disagree.

He's also WAAAAAAAAAY Smarter.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By mtuske

@xanni15: Stark is cockier not relevant. He's also on a whole nother level of tech than earth in ID4 is.

A ship with shields on crashed dropping its shields. That's telling me blunt force can drop shields. Thor and Hulk have that in spades.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avengers need a alien ship to get passed the shields and upload a virus. Otherwise, they get swarmed and killed by superior numbers, better firepower, and more agile and durable vehicles than the Chitauri. The Aliens only need to get off one beam and kill most of them while the Avengers are busy attacking the ships

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xanni15: If he's even half as bad as the comic version I'm doubting any intelligent creature would willingly go anywhere near him.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Xanni15

@mtuske: It actually is, though. Stark's going to charge into battle without analyzing first, and over rely upon Jarvis (who I think will find a way to help somehow). If Stark had prep and time to analyze the ships like humans did in ID4, then sure.

Do they have that much brute force, though? Remains to be seen. And how is Hulk getting up to the ships?

@shawnbaby: While true, it doesn't automatically mean he could do it. Goldblum's character was experienced with it. Nobody else on the planet (I would imagine people as smart or just as) didn't find out about it.

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By mtuske

MU earth tech is far more advanced than the more realistic ID4. The Avengers would be notified by SHIELD months before the ship's ever arrived.

This is an Avengers stomp

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xanni15: Tony showed no signs of his cockiness getting in his way in Avengers. Stark would never just jump into battle. Earth knew days before they arrived in MU the Avengers would have a much bigger lead time.

TheBlackSwordsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mtuske said:

@theblackswordsman: I think enough blunt force can drop the shields

Doesn't have to be a virus

Possibly. The only time the shield on a ship dropped was when it crashed through a rock canyon wall, and even then the ship showed no signs of damage. other than that The mothership took a nuke without any effect on the shields and the personal vehicle shields shrugged off sidewinder (or maybe hellfire) missiles and 200mm or 30 mm cannon fire.

Thor's hammer could not even shatter some sort of clear polymer (sure it was touted to be Hulk-proof but the Hulk never showed any really incredible single-blow damage: He actually only drove the behemoths head into the ground and that causes it to flip over: he didn't actuallt stop it with punch) and I doubt that Thor's lightning is going to affect the shields. Iron man really does not have anything in the arsenal to get past the shields either (unless he possibly has Rhodes to cross the repulsor streams). I mean, Iron man could ram the ships and try to destroy the shields but that is going to eventually damage his armor beyond repair.

Add all of these factors to the facts that they will be facing thousands of highly maneuverable ships whose energy blasts are highly accurate and powerful and that there are 1000's or, 10's of thousands possibly, of these ships and it spells defeat for the Avengers in a conventional battle (one without hacking/viruses).

Then there are the devastating energy weapons that destroyed what looked like a several mile radius area. One shot form one of those and every Avenger is dead.

These Aliens and their numbers and technology are simply too much for the Avengers to prevail against.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mtuske: It was the main reason Fury didn't want him in the Avengers period. Stark jumped into battle against Whiplash and got whooped, went against the Chitauri alone without a plan.

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By mtuske

@theblackswordsman:

Once they drop one big ship it's over. Jarvis will drop those shields. That is such a glaring weakness that it's almost impossible for Jarvis or Stark to not only figure out how easy it is to drop the shields but permanently control their system. This will all happen before the Aliens reach earth

I think that room decreases powers. Which is why Loki couldn't work his magic.

TheBlackSwordsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_philosoraptor_ said:

@theblackswordsman: Tony is allowed to find a way around the virus in this scenario, it just hasn't been exposed yet.

Yes. I am saying without hacking/viruses the Avengers lose in a straight forward, conventional battle. To me the virus is as much a win button for the Avengers as putting a force field around the Avengers is for the Aliens= zero fun debate.

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By mtuske

@xanni15: Who saved the day in the end

Was whiplash the guy from two.

He didn't jump into that fight it fell on his ass

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

afueikawa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theblackswordsman: Are you serious?

Tony doesn't need to go the mothership, wifi? And don't tell me the aliens doesn't have that, since in the movie, it says they are transmitting signals.

Hell, the ID tech vs Tony's tech is like abacus compared to a PC with the latest upgrades of today, lol.

Ridiculous

@xanni15 said:

@mtuske: It was the main reason Fury didn't want him in the Avengers period. Stark jumped into battle against Whiplash and got whooped, went against the Chitauri alone without a plan.

He does have a plan, ATTACK. I somewhat agree with you.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tonys resources are boss. He would download everything everuone has got on the aliens and figure it out himself

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xanni15: True. Tony took one for the team with that Missile though. Very uncocky and selfless

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By mtuske

@xanni15: Just remembered in IM3 he told the terrorists his home address putting his Pepper pots in danger. Cocky and stupid lol.

How could they honestly not have already known where he lives though. He's not exactly modest

afueikawa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By afueikawa

@mtuske said:

@xanni15: Just remembered in IM3 he told the terrorists his home address putting his Pepper pots in danger. Cocky and stupid lol.

How could they honestly not have already known where he lives though. He's not exactly modest

Playboy, Billionaire, Philanthropist.

Far more genius than Bill Gates x 3.