Kratos Vs 616 Luke Cage

joshua755

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Battle takes place in time square nobody around Kratos has his axe blade of chaos and shield who wins

joshua755

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Kratos one-shots. Only reason street level characters can beat him is iffy speed and piercing durability, that wouldn't apply to Cage.

Worldofthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kratos wrecks him.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cage dies.

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 socajunkie  Moderator

Give Cage a gun and he has a chance, as it is Kratos stomps.

Deathlokk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kratos humiliates his fat ass

Avatar image for stalin-is-steel
Stalin-Is-Steel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cage gets the stomp of a lifetime

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

What are Luke cages feats? I've read he's survived a nuke which would put his durability much higher than Kratos

joshua755

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sy8000: I am trying to figure out a good fight with kratos is he high tier med tier

noah_ouellette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Kratos wrecks.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sy8000: I am trying to figure out a good fight with kratos is he high tier med tier

There aren't many good matches for Kratos.

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 socajunkie  Moderator

@joshua755: He’s a mid tier with bad speed and bad piercing resistance.

Avatar image for hey_thatsmildlyadequate
Hey_Thatsmildlyadequate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kratos from the new game? Because I haven't played it yet. If it's God of war 3 kratos he stomps

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshua755: He’s a mid tier with bad speed and bad piercing resistance.

https://gfycat.com/HandsomeInfiniteDassie

bad speed is dodging lightning?

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Vertigo-

@jayc1324: That's from a commercial. Non-canon

OT: Kratos stomps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vertigo- said:

@jayc1324: That's from a commercial. Non-canon

OT: Kratos stomps

No Caption Provided

Lead designer of the game confirms it is canon

Here is a link to the actual tweet too

https://twitter.com/xweazel/status/362289927678988290

joshua755

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Vertigo-

@jayc1324:

Mark Simon in no way confirms that commercial to be canon. It did not happen in the games. It is a commercial. Furthermore, what Mark Simon refers to in the second last tweet can also be dismissed as gameplay mechanics. You show me a cutscene/ scripted event, etc of Kratos actually timing lightning, then you have a case. I can produce feats showing Kratos having issues reacting to things that aren't even bullet speed. So, even if he has 1 feat of lightning timing (he doesn't), consistent feats show otherwise.

I also don't accept Mark Simons word anyway. He didn't make Kratos, or have any involvement with the plot or anything of that nature. Someone like Marianne Krawczyk would be a much better authority, since she's one the main writers of the series

joshua755

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hypnos0929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vertigo-: how come if Jeff Johns, or Stan Lee or Akira Toriyama say something regarding their characters, respectively of course, every comic and manga fan accepts it as fact for the time being but when god of war appears people shout for cutscenes. In game you are required to dodge lightning, it's do it or die no question. It's like saying Kratos didn't kill Chronos immediately after punching the stone into his chin because it wasn't in a cutscene and the player could wait 3 hours before actually deciding to kill Chronos.

Heck in GoW 3 you have to fight a teleporting Zeus and a Hermes who straight up ran so fast he was defying gravity.

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By socajunkie  Moderator

@jayc1324: Ok, this will hopefully be the last time I ever have to debate with someone about the nonsense that is Kratos being a lightning timer: it isn’t consistent at all. In the games and novelisation he’s been tagged by arrows, spears etc projectiles and beings who are much slower than lightning.

In GoW 4 he’s tagged by Atreus’ arrow and falling debris.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vertigo- said:

@jayc1324:

Mark Simon in no way confirms that commercial to be canon. It did not happen in the games. It is a commercial. Furthermore, what Mark Simon refers to in the second last tweet can also be dismissed as gameplay mechanics. You show me a cutscene/ scripted event, etc of Kratos actually timing lightning, then you have a case. I can produce feats showing Kratos having issues reacting to things that aren't even bullet speed. So, even if he has 1 feat of lightning timing (he doesn't), consistent feats show otherwise.

I also don't accept Mark Simons word anyway. He didn't make Kratos, or have any involvement with the plot or anything of that nature. Someone like Marianne Krawczyk would be a much better authority, since she's one the main writers of the series

Bruh I just showed you a gif of it happening, and a creator confirming he has that speed level. If you don't wanna believe it then fine but I am not believing you over someone who works at Sony.

Also, there is no precedent for not considering trailers/commercials canon in the first place, so I don't know why you said that in the first place. And you do have to react to lightning during gameplay.

And everyone has low showings.

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hypnos0929:

how come if Jeff Johns, or Stan Lee or Akira Toriyama say something regarding their characters, respectively of course, every comic and manga fan accepts it as fact for the time being

I'm not sure what Geoff, Stan or Akira have to do with anything, but I don't blanket accept anything they say. Context on their statements matter.

but when god of war appears people shout for cutscenes. In game you are required to dodge lightning, it's do it or die no question

Sure. There's dodging something, and then there's timing something. There is a sharp difference between the two. The reason why people demand cutscenes for Kratos is because things like cutscenes and scripted events are things we know without a shadow of a doubt happened in the game and establish canon. It's not just Kratos who has this standard, but all video game characters.

. It's like saying Kratos didn't kill Chronos immediately after punching the stone into his chin because it wasn't in a cutscene and the player could wait 3 hours before actually deciding to kill Chronos.

If people want to argue that Kratos decided to dick around on top of Cronos' head for hours before stabbing him with the Blade of Olympus, then I'd just avoid that person. It's a dumb argument. In the context of the story of GOW3, that argument doesn't make sense

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@socajunkie said:

@jayc1324: Ok, this will hopefully be the last time I ever have to debate with someone about the nonsense that is Kratos being a lightning timer: it isn’t consistent at all. In the games and novelisation he’s been tagged by arrows, spears etc projectiles and beings who are much slower than lightning.

In GoW 4 he’s tagged by Atreus’ arrow and falling debris.

Everyone has low showings. He has dodged arrows too. You can say it is inconsistent sure but he still has shown the capability to do it. To say he has bad speed is just wrong. This isn't a debate, it is a fact that he dodged lightning. Interpret it how you want but it happened.

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 socajunkie  Moderator

@jayc1324: I’ve said in the past before that consistently speaking he’s an arrow timer.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#29  Edited By The_Justiciar

Lol. I still find it funny that Viners will disagree with creators about their own characters.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: I’ve said in the past before that consistently speaking he’s an arrow timer.

I can agree that consistently he is an arrow timer.

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By socajunkie  Moderator

@jayc1324: In both the games and novels that has happened enough times to be labelled consistent.

Lighting timing isn’t.

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Vertigo-

@jayc1324:

Bruh I just showed you a gif of it happening, and a creator confirming he has that speed level. If you don't wanna believe it then fine but I am not believing you over someone who works at Sony.

And I can show you the actual commercial where that GIF comes from. And I also explained the context behind SImon's statement and why we don't have to take what he says legitimately. What Simon is referring to is gameplay, which can be dismissed. The only scripted event in the fight with Zeus is textbook aim blocking. That's the only canon instance we have of Kratos actually reacting to lightning

Also, there is no precedent for not considering trailers/commercials canon in the first place, so I don't know why you said that in the first place. And you do have to react to lightning during gameplay.

Which is gameplay mechanics. I already went through this

And everyone has low showings.

People also have outliers.

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By socajunkie  Moderator

@the_magister said:

Lol. I still find it funny that Viners will disagree with creators about their own characters.

When what a creator says contradicts shown feats and consistency then we have a problem.

Eragon's author has said he can stab 20 times per second with a sword, however by feats he's about maybe half that fast. So then what do you do on the battle forums? Go by feats or contradicting author statements? I go by consistent showings and only take what an author says seriously if it matches up with what their character is shown to do. Here I'll make up an extreme example for you to contemplate:

John Smith can consistently building bust with his punches but his author comes out and says he can bust a city. What do you argue for?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: In both the games and novels that has happened enough times to be labelled consistent.

Lighting timing isn’t.

That's fair

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Vertigo-

@the_magister said:

Mark Simon isn't one of Kratos' creators. That title goes to David Jaffe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vertigo- said:
@the_magister said:

He was the lead game designer for Ascension and gave interviews about the game, he is qualified to speak on the character. And he has 100 times more authority than random people online

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:
@vertigo- said:
@the_magister said:

He was the lead game designer for Ascension and gave interviews about the game, he is qualified to speak on the character. And he has 100 times more authority than random people online

None of this makes him replace David Jaffe as Kratos' creator, which is what I was responding to.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_magister said:

When what a creator says contradicts shown feats and consistency then we have a problem.

Eragon's author has said he can stab 20 times per second with a sword, however by feats he's about maybe half that fast. So then what do you do on the battle forums? Go by feats or contradicting author statements? I go by consistent showings and only take what an author says seriously if it matches up with what their character is shown to do. Here I'll make up an extreme example for you to contemplate:

John Smith can consistently building bust with his punches but his author comes out and says he can bust a city. What do you argue for?

Honestly I'd argue for what the creator says. If they say a character can do something then they can. They're fictional, and the canon is decided by their creators. If a creator says something, it is canon.

joshua755

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 socajunkie  Moderator

@jayc1324 said:

Honestly I'd argue for what the creator says. If they say a character can do something then they can. They're fictional, and the canon is decided by their creators. If a creator says something, it is canon.

That's where we'd disagree then since I value consistency more when debating for or against these characters on this forum.

Avatar image for goldencellform2
GoldenCellForm2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kratos no sold Building level beings, he stomps.

Shadowwaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Shadowwaker

@socajunkie: Good news, since he consistently breaks the sound barrier with his punches. Yeah you know what i'm talking about. I didn't notice it while playing the game on the God of War difficulty, but there were small shockwaves produced from Baldur and Krato's punches. I'm surprised no one else noticed, since they either playing it safe or just watched the cutscenes.

Mee09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshua755: Kratos completely bodies Luke. He's already beaten a much stronger version of Luke with a Wolverine healing factor. Kratos also has a ridiculously good healing factor himself.

joshua755

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mee09: I was looking at all the battles he been in on the vine and every one day he stomps I am having a hard time figuring out were to put him or a good fight

Worldofthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Kratos is on a whole nother level.

vjbthe3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

??? why and howd this get bumped. Most of the conversation on the thread is off topic anyways, something like this should be locked.

Avatar image for sar_annihilator
SAR_Annihilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kratos beats the absolute hell out of Cage.

Avatar image for thespartanb345t
TheSpartanB345T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kratos easily.