• 81 results
marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By marvelfan1992

Jean vs Vulcan. Both omega-level mutants, kind of in-laws due to Scott, both with complicated relationships to the Shi'ar.

Jean is in her current iteration, no longer holding back. Vulcan is at his peak, considered "beyond Omega" while merged with Darwin.

Round 1: Tk only for Jean

Round 2: TK and TP available for Jean

Location: empty field in a random place without any civilians or wildlife to worry about.

Both characters are going all out

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for lordofallhumans
LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm backing Jean. Vulcan is powerful but drastically overrated, especially since Havok kicked his ass.

Avatar image for deactivated-5beeed406e9c9
deactivated-5beeed406e9c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jean takes it

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By marvelfan1992

@lordofallhumans: although it should be noted that Alex absorbed power from a star when he beat Vulcan (if I'm not mistaken)

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mmmm tough.......I might have to back Vulcan in this one. Sorry Jeannie Girl.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelfan1992: it should also be noted that, that should not have mattered considering Vulcans power.

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#8  Edited By Supermanthor

vulcan

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofallhumans: it pumped Alex with enough power to overload Vulcan. That's how it went down iirc, so without the star amp Alex would not have been able to overload and thus beat Vulcan

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanthor: Jean will turn his powers off. Rachel wasn't even rendered completely powerless by him and Jean would wreck her.

Avatar image for deactivated-60e87a786cc9c
deactivated-60e87a786cc9c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Vulcan.

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Avatar image for theinsufferable
TheInsufferable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TheInsufferable

Round 1: Something like this:

Disclaimer: The scans you have just witnessed originate from What If? X-Men: Deadly Genesis, which means that they did not take place in canon continuity, and are intended solely for fun. As such, they are bereft of any argumentative value. Any and all attempts to refer to them as an argument or use them in an argument will result in incarceration.

Round 2: Depends on who's jobbing really. Both have ridiculous feats.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theinsufferable: not canon and it's teen Marvel Girl. Not to mention he didn't kill her, he killed something that was connected to her so she died as a result. Please always use context. You honestly think adult Jean can't shield from that?

AsheTDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ooooo interesting fight.

When Vulcan was considered beyond Omega, he had absorbed Darwin and was greatly boosted powerwise. It’s in that time frame he overpowered Rachel.

Jean on the other hand is no longer holding back and is more powerful than ever. So is Rachel and now evidently Juggernaut as well. Must be something all the cool kids are doing.

Does Juggernaut even count as a cool kid? I expect someone to come forward soon and write that Squirrel Girl is no longer holding back and that her powers now influence chipmunks as well. Doom bots beware!

Anyway, Jean more than likely takes this.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

my money is on jean she can beat gladiator and it was implied in war of kings that gladiator was more powerful than vulcan

TheInsufferable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TheInsufferable
@lordofallhumans said:

@theinsufferable: not canon and it's teen Marvel Girl. Not to mention he didn't kill her, he killed something that was connected to her so she died as a result. Please always use context. You honestly think adult Jean can't shield from that?

I'm not saying that's how the battle will happen. That's just plain stupid. I'm saying it will be a stomp in Vulcan's favor. The image is for dramatic effect.

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashetdust: thanks for reminding me about that tidbit with being merged with Darwin. Will mention in the OP that this is Vulcan before Rachel separated them

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Torn on this one. This should be an epic fight. Initial thought is leaning toward Jean...

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theinsufferable: but it's a garbage image showing a weaker Jean that he wasn't fighting while showing the mutant brother that kicked his ass in canon. Like I said use context if you're going to post scans.

GladeusEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jean takes it, purely on the onus that writers have been favoring her in this run of comics.

Also, because "all-out" also leaves the door open to the Phoenix Force doing a tag in and roflstomping Vulcan.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going Vulcan round 1 if i'm being objective.

There's arguments for Vulcan's raw strength vs the high end feats for Jean's TK shields. But in the end Vulcan is so much more aggressive and determined that he would likely pull out the win with a surprisingly childish outburst.

That and the fact that his abilities are so varied when he is merged with Darwin that it really is his fight to lose.

R2 is all Jean. Even if we argue his dampening abilities, giving her the means to create distance as well as her massive TP would mean that Jean would have to means of attack to wear down his durability. And her TP would likely be the deciding factor seeing as she'd arguably be able to sense and seperate Darwin's conciousness if she doesnt just chose to aggressively put him down.

TheInsufferable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TheInsufferable

@lordofallhumans: Why would I use context for something that is not meant to be used as an argument but merely as a dramatic effect? Do you explain the context of Jean's battle gif when you use it?

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By LordOfAllHumans

@theinsufferable: that's exactly why you should have used context. Who but you knew why you posted it? Are we supposed to be real life Jean Greys and read your intent telepathically. Like I said garbage scan. I always use context. I usually write essays before I post scans. Your scan was GAR!!

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@koays said:

I'm going Vulcan round 1 if i'm being objective.

There's arguments for Vulcan's raw strength vs the high end feats for Jean's TK shields. But in the end Vulcan is so much more aggressive and determined that he would likely pull out the win with a surprisingly childish outburst.

That and the fact that his abilities are so varied when he is merged with Darwin that it really is his fight to lose.

R2 is all Jean. Even if we argue his dampening abilities, giving her the means to create distance as well as her massive TP would mean that Jean would have to means of attack to wear down his durability. And her TP would likely be the deciding factor seeing as she'd arguably be able to sense and seperate Darwin's conciousness if she doesnt just chose to aggressively put him down.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By LordOfAllHumans

@koays: Darwin was still a part of him. Jean would sense that and shut Darwin down. He still only shut Rachel down partially when all she was trying to do telepathically, was nothing. She's not a measuring tape when we mention Jean. Stopping Rachel from doing nothing should not be compared to Jean.

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By marvelfan1992

@lordofallhumans: let's calm down now. You're also throwing around Alex beating Vulcan without the proper context. He only beat Vulcan because he was thrown into a star and absorbed huge amounts of power thus allowing him to overload Vulcan

here's Alex hitting Vulcan prior to star absorption: He was able to make Vulcan work, but ultimately didn't even hurt him

This is after being thrown into the star: "and I've absorbed enough power now to make you burn" It's clear Havok beat him due to being amped from absorbing the power from the star. Let's not chastise others for not giving proper context when you are also not giving proper context

.Anyway, neither the scan of Insufferable nor losing to an amped Alex are relevant to this discussion IMO so let's just move on :)

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelfan1992: I know the context and since Vulcan supposedly has superior energy manipulation, I brought it up. How was Havok the winner if Vulcan is as powerful and unstoppable as he's said to be on this broad. Nice try though

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By marvelfan1992

@lordofallhumans: what people say on the board about Vulcan has nothing to do with giving proper context. Don't be a hypocrite. You said to ALWAYS give context and you did NOT. You may know the context but you mentioned the instance of alex beating vulcan without telling other people the context, which can easily be misunderstood like that scan Insufferable posted. Regardless of if Jean stomps Vulcan, if Vulcan is wanked etc, you should give context when you know there were circumstances regarding the feat you mention (him losing to Alex), especially when you yourself are calling others out for not giving proper context

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofallhumans: That's sort of what i was saying. That even if we wanted to say he had dampening abilities, Jean's ability to gain distance and her raw TP power would basically make that feat useless here. Hence Jean would have TP as an easy win condition with slight TK use to hinder him from stopping her.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: oh ok

@marvelfan1992: what context didn't I give? That an energy manipulator couldn't manipulate energy from a weaker one because it was from a star? The scan posted was non canon and not a Vulcan vs Jean feat. He left that out to say Vulcan would basically do that again, even though he never did it to begin with. Not remotely the same.

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By marvelfan1992

@lordofallhumans: it wasn't the nature of the energy he had a problem with, it was the amount. "I've absorbed enough power now to make you burn" clearly indicates it was the amount of power Alex had, and not the type/nature, that led to him beating Vulcan. It's like how Bishopn absorbs and converts energy, but when it's too much energy he gets overloaded. By not stating that Alex had a HUGE power boost from absorbing energy from the star thus allowing him to overload Vulcan, it can easily come off as base Alex>Vulcan which we both know is not true as Alex has already shown to be unable to do harm to Vulcan with his normal power level. It's like saying Emma beat Xavier before therefore Emma>Xavier and he's weak, when we clearly know there were circumstances to her getting the better of him by setting up traps in Scott's mind. With regular circumstances, we all know Xavier>Emma, same goes with Vulcan>Alex. I'm sorry if you've seen people wanking Vulcan to unreasonable proportions in the past, but I just think it's not fair to call out someone for not giving proper context (and I agree, that scan is indeed misleading and would have been better if given proper context because those not familiar could easily misunderstand it) when you yourself failed to give proper context when it also matters. That's all I'm saying :) We should all be more vigilant with making sure we give proper context when it's necessary

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By LordOfAllHumans

@marvelfan1992: which is why I said he's overrated. Havok and Cyclops are one trick ponies that are limited. So Havok can magically absorb more power than his more powerful brother can handle? So Vulcan can shut down powers via energy manipulation, but can't do anything against Havok? There was no context to give because it's clear he's supposed to be more powerful, yet a little star power is where the buck stops? So Jean stomps. I also didn't reach outside of canon to show a non feat to proclaim how the battle would turn out. Now I'm about to return to the Nest and smoke my weed....all are welcome:)

No Caption Provided

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By marvelfan1992

@lordofallhumans: I never disagreed with you saying he's overrated, or that the guy was wrong for posting that scan, or that Jean is losing this fight, so you can drop those as I'm not trying to refute you on those things and even agreed with you. All I'm saying is that you also left out important context. "The professor told me that I may never know the upper limit of my power. He never thought to throw me into a star" Call it PIS if you want that Havok can suddenly absorb more energy than Garbiel who was stated and shown to be superior to base Alex and supposedly an omega-level mutant and even "beyond omega-level" but it is what the writer wanted, and it's what happened whether or not it's stupid. Vulcan is very superior to base Alex, but apparently Alex is able to absorb more power than Vulcan, as he was able to absorb enough power from a star, an amount of power that when he unleashed on Vulcan, Vulcan could not handle and was overloaded. It's not a low-showing for Vulcan that he lost to a star-amped Alex, it's just an insanely powerful showing for Alex (which you can view as PIS or stupid etc). He had an outside source of power that gave him an amp. it's like saying Rachel beat Galactus but not saying she had the PF. It could easily be misunderstood by someone not familiar and think that base Rachel>Galactus. She had an outside source of power amping her, same as Alex had vs Vulcan. I hope you get what I'm trying to say.

Long live THE NEST

No Caption Provided

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelfan1992: I get it but I don't agree that it's the same situation. That scan was out of context because it never happened in canon. What I mentioned did happen in canon, and any missing context was added by you right after. So a person arguing for Vulcan should know that considering how few 616 stories he's in.

goku9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By goku9000

Jean should be able to take this. She is a bit stronger but her destructive skill set can be devastating.

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By marvelfan1992

@lordofallhumans: Oh I don't think it was the exact same situation either, I just saw that things were getting a bit heated and I prefer to avoid fighting on my lovely Jean threads lol so I just pointed out that you also left out some context, as we sometimes do, so let's just cut him some slack and not get too heated (I saw the Thanos vs FOX Jean thread and yikes haha).

Batvibe12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

1. Probably Jean
  2. Jean
LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By PyroFN

@theinsufferable: If Vulcan were battling a jobbing Jean Grey, perhaps he’d stomp. He is not stomping a telekinetic who can stop his motor functions with her telekinesis, who can manipulate his body at the molecular level, or a telekinetic whose shield has held up to a white hole star.

Round 2 is a stomp in Jeans favor. Jean gains access to her telepathy this round and

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: While I agree that the circumstances with Jean having only tk inhibits Jeans chances of winning, I’d still say this is in Jeans favor based on the technical aspect of Jeans powers. (Aka her molecular telekinesis) Vulcan’s better feats were mostly overwhelming his opponent rather than outright beating them through strategy without prep.

A good way of looking at it is looking at Rachel’s confrontation with Vulcan. Under the circumstances, he had prior prep, in the sense that he had a plan ready after he sensed someone with Jeans powerset. Were it not for his preparation of Rachel, I highly doubt he would’ve overtaken Rachel as easily as he did, if at all. If couldn’t do that to Rachel without having to flank her, there is no possible way for me to believe that he can take on Jean Grey without getting the jump on her like he did Rachel.

Trixie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

For the first round I think Vulcan can pull of some wins, but Jean for the majority. Second round goes to Jean. I love pictures btw, even though it looks like Vulcan has camel toe.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@trixie: LMAO@ camel toe, but I actually agree with your assessment

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Vulcan shuts down the electricity in her brain or just burns to ash from the inside in both rounds since he has no morals.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hellionvulcan: He'll never get the chance. She can manipulate powers and turn off brains instantly.

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@hellionvulcan: He'll never get the chance. She can manipulate powers and turn off brains instantly.

and so can Vulcan not to mention his powers are far more deadly than hers.

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@trixie: Thanks lol. Been wanting to use thy pic for a Jean thread since I read the issue, and so then looked for a Vulcan pic that paralleled it so it would look cool LOL ?

MrStranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1. Probably Vulcan.

Round 2. Jean Grey.

Eeef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vulcan takes the first, while Jean stomps on the second with both TK and TP.