Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

Olorun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Imo I don't think vulcan can physically hurt him but he does have hax. Imo it's close.

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

Vulcan likely messes with his internal energy source and burns him from the inside like he did with Neutron and Titan.

tauio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vulcan likely messes with his internal energy source and burns him from the inside like he did with Neutron and Titan.

Zelton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pretty sure Vulkan Decisively wins.

uko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zelton said:

pretty sure Vulkan Decisively wins.

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Kingant27

Vulcan IMO.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fd9371ae7062
deactivated-5fd9371ae7062

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Me reading through this match and realising Vulcan is quite overrated considering he doesn't even have a consistent level of showings
Me reading through this match and realising Vulcan is quite overrated considering he doesn't even have a consistent level of showings

tauio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

you dont need consistent showings to beat ikaris of all people to begain with

Needlebay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vulcan.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@psi-bite234: Not sure what you mean. What exactly comes off as "inconsistent"?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: Like Vulcan only has a hand full of feats and probably all of them are on different levels. You see where I am coming from considering on Comic vine a character always has lowballs, consistent, High end feats and Vulcan feats are all over the place. He's just like Rachel Summers because they have a small amount of feats people tend to use his high ends as his consistent level.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: Like Vulcan only has a hand full of feats and probably all of them are on different levels.

I'm not sure what this actually means. Vulcan's stats are fairly consistent barring contextualised powers and events. Could you give some actual examples?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: Here's a few examples

I'm not sure what this actually means. Vulcan's stats are fairly consistent barring contextualised powers and events. Could you give some actual examples?

Tanks a space ship exploding (This is honestly a low-level feat considering how comic vine hypes him up)

No Caption Provided

Tanks a blast form Black Bolt (This is honestly his best Durability feats imo)

Gets two shotted by Gladiator

Now he's also been knocked out by Polaris (A solid Mid-Tier) and got his ass beat by Adam Warlock after being weakened by Vulcan draining his energy. As you can see all of these feats aren't on the same level.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@psi-bite234: Not sure what's the argument here. Bolt smacking him around is consistent with his kinda weak physical stats, and being defeated by Gladiator when he really didn't know his powers that well is also a weak point, as he would progressively get better over time. If you'd read the stories, you'd know that he doesn't work well against pure bricks.

I don't really care about the Polaris reference considering he's already one shot her when she was amped. You'd have a excuse there to say that's inconsistent, but in general? Not really.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect:

Not sure what's the argument here. Bolt smacking him around is consistent with his kinda weak physical stats, and being defeated by Gladiator when he really didn't know his powers that well is also a weak point, as he would progressively get better over time. If you'd read the stories, you'd know that he doesn't work well against pure bricks.

Would not knowing his powers really well really affect his durability? The reason I stated he was overrated was because I have seen people on comic vine stating that he can beat Captain Marvel, She Hulk and Iron man with only his physical feats.

I don't really care about the Polaris reference considering he's already one shot her when she was amped. You'd have a excuse there to say that's inconsistent, but in general? Not really

Kinda agree lol

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect:

Not sure what's the argument here. Bolt smacking him around is consistent with his kinda weak physical stats, and being defeated by Gladiator when he really didn't know his powers that well is also a weak point, as he would progressively get better over time. If you'd read the stories, you'd know that he doesn't work well against pure bricks.

Would not knowing his powers really well really affect his durability?

It would limit his effectiveness with his powers. As shown by his later fight, Vulcan was able to figure out how to regenerate his body from a skeleton after being blasted away with BB's scream. That was only due to having more time with his new powers than like, a day.

The reason I stated he was overrated was because I have seen people on comic vine stating that he can beat Captain Marvel, She Hulk and Iron man with only his physical feats.

He'd beat Cap rather easily. Brawling with BB is something that he can't really get close to doing. The other ones would be losing fights, but I wouldn't say they were stomps.

I don't really care about the Polaris reference considering he's already one shot her when she was amped. You'd have a excuse there to say that's inconsistent, but in general? Not really

Kinda agree lol

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Since Vulcan is back to being alive

dami24434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ikaris

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cosmic_reign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Feats for Vulcan?

I'll debate for Ikaris

Avatar image for namelessmonster
NamelessMonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Vulcan!

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cosmic_reign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By cosmic_reign
@professorrespect said:
@cosmic_reign said:

Feats for Vulcan?

I'll debate for Ikaris

Read le RT

Impressive. Nice RT!

Energy absorption might be a problem for Ikaris, but Ike can likewise manipulate cosmic energy.

I'll chime back in if I can find the motivation to research Vulcans weaknesses and context to battles he both won and lost.

High end feats are great, but low end feats and weaknesses can still be exploited if exposed!

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmic_reign: There's not much "low end" feats considering he's been in like 20 issues, and half of them were him inexperienced and barely understanding his powers.

Olorun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@olorun said:

Imo I don't think vulcan can physically hurt him but he does have hax. Imo it's close.

This guy is not half bad.

Olorun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Olorun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Current ikaris was fighting thanos, I think he can physically overpower gabe.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GodlyShinigami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Vulcan stomps

Avatar image for intentdebatthor
IntentDebatThor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ikaris was overpowered by Black Bolt. Vulcan, iirc, was beating the tar out of Black Bolt. Ikaris can win if he abuses mind control (something he never does in a fight) and is likely going to accidentally amp Vulcan with his energy blasts. So I'd say Vulcan beats him for majority.

Avatar image for deactivated-60f8a948a0372
deactivated-60f8a948a0372

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vulcan.

Avatar image for sar_annihilator
SAR_Annihilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vulcan.

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Ikaris stomps

Avatar image for lightyagamigod2
lightyagamigod2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ikaris wins to superior strength since they have relative speed. They both have the ability to absorb energy so it would be a complete fallacy to say that Vulcan absorbs Ikaris.

BoutaTakeAnL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ikaris wins to superior strength since they have relative speed. They both have the ability to absorb energy so it would be a complete fallacy to say that Vulcan absorbs Ikaris.

No it wouldn't. Vulcan is far superior to Icaris in terms of energy manipulation.

Futureisbest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vulcan stomps

Baldur_Odinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm leaning toward the third Summers brother.

No Caption Provided

lightyagamigod2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boutatakeanl: My argument is not based on energy manipulation I am just stating that they have the same ability to do so.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By ProfessorRespect
@lightyagamigod2 said:

@boutatakeanl: My argument is not based on energy manipulation I am just stating that they have the same ability to do so.

Not the same potency, which is a obviously different concept as Bouta already mentioned. Not sure what the "fallacy" is supposed to be there.

BoutaTakeAnL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lightyagamigod2 said:

Not the same potency, which is a obviously different concept as Bouta already mentioned. Not sure what the "fallacy" is supposed to be there.

This. The fact that they're both energy manipulators holds very little ground considering how much more potent/superior Vulkan is.

Olorun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Might lean Vulcan in the long run, if ikaris don't put him down quick enough.

lightyagamigod2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: The definition of the word fallacy is something that it is untrue, false, or a mistaken belief.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: The definition of the word fallacy is something that it is untrue, false, or a mistaken belief.

None of those apply true here so the usage is wrong etc, unless the idea of them both being energy manipulators channel each other out was true

GearSecond619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lightyagamigod2 said:

None of those apply true here so the usage is wrong etc, unless the idea of them both being energy manipulators channel each other out was true

Everyone knows that two energy manipulators cancel each other out, i.e Electro could resist being drained by the Living Tribunal if they fought

cosmic_reign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By cosmic_reign

@professorrespect said:
@lightyagamigod2 said:

This. The fact that they're both energy manipulators holds very little ground considering how much more potent/superior Vulkan is.

Which can be balanced out IF Ikaris is physically stronger, Faster and more Durable...

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect said:
@lightyagamigod2 said:

Everyone knows that two energy manipulators cancel each other out, i.e Electro could resist being drained by the Living Tribunal if they fought

True, they do have the same powers

BoutaTakeAnL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect said:
@lightyagamigod2 said:

This HAS to be the single most ridiculous thing I've ever heard in all my time on the vine. That is entirely not how it works. They can have the potential to cancel each other out if they have a very similar level of potency or one party has a direct resistance to the other's power, and potency is still a factor there. In this case, it doesn't matter if Ikaris is an Energy Manipulator because Vulcan is just far more powerful at it than he is. Ikaris isn't going to somehow resist being drained. He may put up a fight, but he'll get overpowered very quickly.